Topic Options
#30148 - 03/05/04 10:17 PM It's about time.
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
On the front page of the local newspaper (also accessed @ Gazette.com ) one article stood out.

"Homeless agencies change philosophy"

To quote "The philosophy of helping the homeless in the Pikes Peak region shall be to expect the entire community: organizations, individuals and governments to act in a responsible and efficient fashion to prevent homelessness and to assist *AND HOLD ACCOUNTABLE* each homeless individual in moving toward self-sufficiency in a manner commensurate with his or her capabilities."

Aside from some language which states that all are responsible for the homeless, the bulk of the article indicates that help will be offered more to those with a proven desire to help themselves exit their dire straights.

I agree with this decision, as it should keep my chosen community from being over-run by the dreggs that feed off of charity alone, with little or nothing to return as compensation for their "free-ride".

This new philosophy goes well in hand with recent laws which barred the homeless from panhandling anywhere near any comercial property, street corners, residential areas and highway exit/on ramps. (pretty much everywhere)
It was not uncommon to see vagrants on damn near every corner, with one hand out beggin' for some change due to my areas mild weather and high goodguy badge populace.

Now if our fine local government would only place the same "help-yerself and we'll help you" attitude towards the bulk of those gettin a free ride from social security programs...maybe I would see more of my tax dollars fixing up my state with more directly pleasing programs/ agendas.

Now how does this fit in with general Satanism?
Every one has their place, and this either scatters those who wish to remain without value, further to the winds...or it takes those who could use some help and forces them to pitch in for their share. It also clears my view of my lovely township of parasites.

And here I was, wondering how my surroundings could get any better.

Hail Satan.

#30149 - 03/05/04 11:28 PM Re: It's about time. [Re: HLGwyn]
Anonymous
Unregistered

This new attitude of having people help themselves sounds great, doesn't it. The government is finally stepping in the right direction--so the article says.

This change in policy may be true enough, but I would suggest this change in policy is temporary. Government policies are like a pendullum swinging back and forth--instead of constant improvements in the right direction. Eventually, the government (does not matter which level) will be seen as hard-hearted and will revert back to aiding the less fortunate with greater generosity.

I too find it a little annoying that my tax dollars are enabling freeloaders luxuries they are not entitled to, but I do not dwell upon it.

The sixth Satanic Statement reads: Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of love wasted on ingrates.

The eighth Satanic Rule of the Earth reads: Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Think about it.

#30150 - 03/06/04 12:17 AM Re: It's about time.
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
Trust me, I do not dwell on it. Unless some bum comes at me smelling of stale vomit asking for some handout, or I see some grime encrusted pig shamble around any place I find myself at the moment, they are far from my thoughts.

I do not quite get the connection about complaining about what I need not subject myself to, though. I do not remember giving my consent to use any of my taxes to fatten and shelter human swine, hence my support of putting the buggers to some use, so they can live for themselves.
I don't even remember posting any signs around my fair city requesting that the huddled masses set up base camp in my backyard either. The rats impose on me. I will not be some shut-in just to avoid the trash that litters the streets.

Complain? I was cheering the sinister thumb that was pressed firmly in the back of the "burdensome" this day.
The rats breed to abundance in the dark silence, so I banged my pots, fired my guns and put positive towards the laying of traps to rid myself of the scurrying vermin.
That is not complaining, it is action.

Hail Satan.

#30151 - 03/06/04 02:15 AM Re: It's about time. [Re: HLGwyn]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congratulations! You have displayed a truly Satanic attitude.

However, don't forget the government is bi-sexual. It goes both ways.

#30152 - 03/06/04 02:29 AM Re: It's about time.
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Quote:

However, don't forget the government is bi-sexual. It goes both ways.

*Makes a notation for his list of "Top ten funniest and/or most profound things ever read on LTTD" *

www.myspace.com/savagegod

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43648 Topics
404207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements