Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301568 - 01/26/08 11:12 AM Searching, Seeking, Looking For
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I've noticed a number of people that are looking for something. They endlessly search and search and search but Never find it. They Never will either. Why? Because they don't know what they are looking for.

If you know what you want then the search is over and you can fly straight to the heart of the matter without wandering befuddled in an endless maze.

#301592 - 01/26/08 02:42 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I find it funny that some people need to find answers on a discussion forum instead of looking for proper sources outside of it.

I find that one's capability of finding information defines one's character almost too well.

#301595 - 01/26/08 03:09 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Philotechnic]
Saraflare Offline

Originally Posted By: Wolf Landon

I find that one's capability of finding information defines one's character almost too well.

I agree with you completely. I've known people who would always want answers given to them. They were to lazy to go and find out for themselves.

I've also noticed some posts on here are asking what we would do, or did I do the right thing. For someone to need this reassurance shows weakness. If you are doubting your actions you need to take the time and look things over. Instead of asking others for their approval.

Those who do not know what they want in life are usually spending time worrying about others needs. Either that or they are simply looking at what others want and say they feel the same.

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”
~Anton LaVey

Bless me dark father I have sinned
I've done it before and I'll do it again
Cuz it keeps me warm, and makes you smile
Been beneath me all the while
Whispering sweet nothings
~Alkaline Trio

#301603 - 01/26/08 03:39 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I went into an ice cream parlour once not knowing what flavour I wanted. I mean, I could have gotten vanilla. I always get vanilla. It's good and it would have satisfied me. But instead I took about half an hour to look at all of the weirdo flavours. Bubblegum cotton candy tooth decay, and peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough cake, and swirly rainbow hippy acid trip. All kinds of stuff I had never even heard of before. Ended up getting black walnut something or other. And it was really good!

The search doesn't have to be a bad thing. I don't know why everyone is always in such a hurry. I mean sometimes you'll find things you didn't even know you were looking for. But that's coming from someone who makes ice cream metaphors so...
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#301607 - 01/26/08 04:13 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Shade]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Shade
I went into an ice cream parlour once not knowing what flavour I wanted.

Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

/Southpark

Indeed, it seems that a lot of people go directly from their introduction into asking lots of questions that, with a little more research, they'd either find are already answered or not quite as good questions as they might have thought. There are also the "please validate my decision/viewpoint" discussion threads which I don't find that interesting. What's the point sitting around discussing something so completely subjective and inaccessible to others?

Edited by Scion (01/26/08 04:14 PM)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#301611 - 01/26/08 04:44 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Scion]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: Scion
Now that's what I call a sticky situation.

Quote:
There are also the "please validate my decision/viewpoint" discussion threads which I don't find that interesting.

So....you don't think I should start a thread titled, "I like vanilla but is it more Satanic to eat black walnut?"?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#301621 - 01/26/08 05:50 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Shade]
Rodim Offline

"hippy acid trip" whoa... just curious. from where did you buy your ice-cream?

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

-Horace Walpole

#301639 - 01/26/08 07:49 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Shade]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
 Quote:
So....you don't think I should start a thread titled, "I like vanilla but is it more Satanic to eat black walnut?"?

Well that's an easy one girlie, everyone knows that plain ol' chocolate is the most Satanic ice cream flavor of all! If you read the Satanic Bible with special decoder glasses, you'll notice that "chocolate" is written between ALL the lines.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#301668 - 01/26/08 09:19 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Poetaster]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
That explains all those midnight cravings for chocolate, or it could have been the fact that "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" was playing in the background.HS!

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#301688 - 01/27/08 01:05 AM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Poetaster]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
Damn it, i've been eating the double fudge all this time!

What colour shoes should I wear to my job interview?

#301712 - 01/27/08 04:30 AM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Adveser]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Adveser
What colour shoes should I wear to my job interview?

A newb question indeed, and the answer most new Satanists would probably come up with is "black" because they don't know any better. Of course for those of us that have actually summoned Satan and talked such matters through with him, we know that his favourite colour is tope. Therefore you should wear tope coloured shoes.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#301714 - 01/27/08 04:42 AM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: TheNaturalForce]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I scoured flea markets for Turkish coffee pots several years ago. My search led to two of them.

The admen of Madison Avenue prey on people searching for that unknown something. They love people who might be happy if they could only find/get/have .

Are you thinking of anything specific?

#301715 - 01/27/08 05:06 AM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: RandomStranger]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Generally speaking, both here on the forums and noticeably more so in my interactions with the public. It is just a little something that I have observed that I thought I would bring to light.

Personally I would find it maddening to be on the search for something and not know what it is.

Take my path to Satanism for example. I knew I needed a concrete, diamond studded, reinforced steel philosophy to hang my hat on. I read through a lot of shit text until I found the works of Anton LaVey.

Had I not known that I needed religion then it would have been frustrating to say the least. In fact I just can't wrap my head around the idea that one is searching for something but has no clue what they are looking for.

#302294 - 01/29/08 07:50 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Shegeek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Well, think about how you felt before you found Satanism. I'm sure when you were attempting to find a proper religion and belief system that fit you well you felt a bit on the lost side. You knew you needed something Tangible, but didn't realize till you read the texts exactly what it was.

So basically, you're just noticing people who haven't found their version of "It" yet, whether it be their car keys, that perfect so and so, or a major philosophical belief system to stand doubtless with on all accounts. \:\)

Kurt Vonnegut

#302297 - 01/29/08 08:12 PM Re: Searching, Seeking, Looking For [Re: Shegeek]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Loc: Derby, England
 Originally Posted By: HoundDog
I've noticed a number of people that are looking for something. They endlessly search and search and search but Never find it. They Never will either. Why? Because they don't know what they are looking for.

I tend not to care unless it is someone where the feelings of caring are mutual. If it is someone i value, i'll ask what they're looking for. If they say they don't know, I'll say that i cant help them and leave it at that. I don't waste my precious emotions on people who do not matter to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405804 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements