Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#30153 - 03/05/04 10:50 PM Poke'n Your Brain
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Now, I want everybody to pull out their Satanic Rituals book and take a look at page 158. You will find a ceremony of a dedication to Satan. Now my question is, what is the point of a dedication to Satan ceremony if Satan doesn't exist as an entity?

I feel I already know the answer to this, although, I do enjoy giving a "poke to your brain" so to speak. And besides, chances are somebody would of asked this question, best to get it out now, rather than deal with it later.

#30154 - 03/05/04 10:53 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Foxy_Ramirez Offline

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I felt that I would answer this question my own way.

To me, the reason there is a Dedication to Satan ceremony is to celebrate yourself. Satan is a representation of everything that is carnel in man. If your a Satanist, chances are you are a very carnel human being, and thusly, it is easy to say, you, yourself, happens to be Satan. That's what I believe the answer would be to my own question.

Hail Satan!
Or in other words...
Hail Me!!!!

#30155 - 03/05/04 10:56 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
Well yeah..

A good friend once commented:

"It's kind of funny that everyone including me is always saying 'Hail Satan! Hail the self!'. It's a bit redundant eh?"

#30157 - 03/05/04 11:33 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a Star Trek fan. I enjoy the plots, action, drama, and the idea of traveling around space at warp speed. However, I know the Enterprise is not real.

#30158 - 03/05/04 11:37 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

what is the point of a dedication to Satan ceremony if Satan doesn't exist as an entity?

You could ask the same question of the Infernal Names, Enochian Keys, or just about any other aspect of Satanic Ritual.

My answer is this: During ritual, the dualistic perspectives of known/unknown, real/unreal, and true/false is abandoned. The ability to do this is enhanced through willful acceptance (suspension of disbelief) of Satanic imagery. It's all about "Intellectual Decompression."

Remember, as a kid, believing - really believing - in magic? Remember the power? The wonder? You get that back in ritual, which offers novel means of manifesting your will.

#30159 - 03/05/04 11:41 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I would like to focus on the word "dedication".
While I could agree that the ritual might be used to celebrate ones-self, I tend to view it more in the line of charging your own battery.
Within the context of dedication, you are focusing points of view about which you hold. You are aligning thoughts and emotion to center, so that when it is needed you could send both to "ground" as if a snap of current.
The celebration would then be the recognition of who you are and what potential you have, because you have charged yourself with knowing power.
Think of it like a deep-cycle battery that does not drain flat with use, and only needs minimal maintenance to stay at it's peak. Once it is alive with current it just powers throuogh its' life, solid and reliable.

Hail Satan.

#30160 - 03/06/04 02:56 AM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Samhain Offline

Loc: Southern California
If they read The Satanic Bible and understood it(especially one chapter that covers this in particular) they would not have to ask.

#30161 - 03/06/04 06:08 PM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

Now, I want everybody to pull out their Satanic Rituals book and take a look at page 158. You will find a ceremony of a dedication to Satan. Now my question is, what is the point of a dedication to Satan ceremony if Satan doesn't exist as an entity?

I feel I already know the answer to this, although, I do enjoy giving a "poke to your brain" so to speak. And besides, chances are somebody would of asked this question, best to get it out now, rather than deal with it later.

You are quite new to all of this, aren't you?
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#30162 - 03/06/04 10:51 PM Star Trek not real?!
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You really know how to hit between the eyes, don't you?

Two months ago someone was saying Santa wasn't real either

Now the Enterprise?

No Satan, Santa, Enterprise.

How depressing!

#30163 - 03/06/04 11:22 PM Re: Star Trek not real?! [Re: Nemo]
Lerue Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Soon we'll be saying how truth isn't true.

#30164 - 03/07/04 12:07 AM Re: Star Trek not real?! [Re: Lerue]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Soon, but not quite yet. We should expose the truth about the Easter Bunny first.

#30165 - 03/07/04 12:22 AM Re: Star Trek not real?! [Re: Nemo]
WvlfBlitzkrieg Offline

Loc: Dallas,Tx
Of course the Enterprise is not real...Its all about the T.A.R.D.I.S.

#30166 - 03/07/04 06:16 AM Re: Star Trek not real?! [Re: Nemo]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
It IS real. I was with Captain Picard the other night

#30167 - 03/07/04 06:27 AM Re: Star Trek not real?! [Re: Josephine007]
Roxxxadelic Offline

Loc: Seattle
Oooo, I love a bald man with an accent.

#30168 - 03/07/04 07:49 AM Re: Poke'n Your Brain [Re: Foxy_Ramirez]
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
You do not have to dedicate yourself to a god/entity, but you dedicate yourself to satanism, to the things it stands for.
You aknowledge who you are and what is Satan for you - a symboll of a real life in a real word. By dedication to Satan a persons agrees that he is a satanist, that he bows to no man made gods. No religions or moral laws shall stand before the satanist and his goal. It is here, in this world were he must win, were he must find pleasure and were he must be succesfull ...not is another life or another place.
As for me, I dedicate myself to only one god: Satan = Me.
Anybody who folows this simple principle is a god himself.

Hail Satan!
Hail Me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43984 Topics
406060 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements