Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#301749 - 01/27/08 11:21 AM A blast from the past....how were you treated in School?
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
"'Que Barbara Streisand music 'Memories'."

While reading Magus Gilmore's book 'The Satanic Scriptures' I sat there for awhile on My couch and pondered 'High School'.

A veritable Hell it was.

He made mention of how the Christers can 'sniff out' those who are different. Isn't that the truth?

I only spent one year of High School in the Public School systems, so as you can imagine, being taught in 'Private Schools' there were a lot of sniffers indeed.

I had a lot of different ideas, opposing ideas, and I enjoyed computers and Chemistry. I didn't view Myself as a 'nerd' but looking back on it now, I suppose that I was.

I wasn't raised with money. I was raised by a single father doing his best to keep Us educated, fed and clothed. Sometimes, We shopped at Goodwill.

I remember the cracks about My dads rusty Ford Grand Torino, I remember being called many a name. I will be honest to say that yes, yes it did hurt, but that I was still smiling inside.

I knew that these nobodies would end up in jail or on drugs in the distant future.

I found out later in life however, that the reason many boys didn't converse with Me was indeed because I frightened them. Not in a bad way either. Oh well. I was probably better off. I was however aware of the fact that people could not stand the fact that I seemed to have a good time no matter what I was doing.

I once printed out My entire English homework on a roll of toilet paper. My teacher was NOT amused, but hey, whatever gets you by for the day.

I didn't play sports (never any good at it and I saw it pointless which made Me even less popular). I did however in Public School play Ice Hockey which I excelled at.

Still, even on the team I was not popular, not even in the Public School System. Public School was actually the worst. You could pick on others a bit more than you could in Private School.

I bathed daily and was sure it wasn't My odor that kept people away from Me. My only guess is that they were afraid of Me.

I was elevated to a 'gifted class' where nerds abounded. The different, ones like Me! I was not the greatest at every subject mind you, but enough to be elevated among the rest of the herd.

I recall this one guy named "Bill" and Bill was unique in his own right. He didn't speak. He was always formulating something....always had a pencil or pen in hand and kept his head down. Bill was BIG, BILL could kick some ass if he wanted to, but Bill mastered the art of Might Is Right. Bill never talked back or down to anyone but I have no doubts that he got even when he needed to.

I finally cracked that nut. I talked to him constantly every day, driving him crazy I'm sure. He never answered Me back. Just looked at Me.

One day, I made him laugh. Silence went through the room......you could hear a pin drop. We became buddies. I always felt Bill was a Satanist at heart. Perhaps he is and I don't even know it. We have lost touch after all these years but I do know this:

Bill is now a successful business man. He made lots of money in the Video Gaming Industry. Who's laughing now? The bullies or him? \:\)

I was rereading 'The Good Ol' Days' from Dr. LaVeys book 'Satan Speaks'. I remember when I first read that book years ago. I thought yeah, were they really good old days? Depends on who you are talking to or what they went through.

I can tell you one thing that he said that rang very true for Me was this line:

"A kid could get beaten up for reading Plato or carrying a violin case (unless there was a machine gun inside). How true that was for Me.

I have played the violin for years. Not a very popular instrument in school. Hell, the triangle was more their speed.

I was however funny. I never let those who tormented Me see that it bothered Me in the slightest. I was voted class clown......but also voted most likely to be a Mercenary.

So after this long diatribe, I ask you gentle reader/Satanist, what were your High School years like?

Any interesting stories?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#301753 - 01/27/08 12:01 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve

So after this long diatribe, I ask you gentle reader/Satanist, what were your High School years like?

Any interesting stories?

Not one interesting story about High School. None.

I took on extra classes, and got out in three years.

I have never; nor will I ever, attend a High School reunion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#301755 - 01/27/08 12:16 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
My high school years are a blur of overwrought emotions, adolescent angst and histrionics I’d sooner forget - more embarrassing than sweetly nostalgic. Why everything between the ages of 12 and 18 takes on the same degree of importance I'll never know. It's like some sick cosmic joke.

Similar to your recounting of Bill, I do remember one fellow misfit.

Meeting Jen was pure luck. I never would have talked to her if I hadn’t been switched into seventh period photography class by sheer accident. It was a mistake of course - the class was overcrowded, not enough cameras for kids, but they had no where else to put me. I was too ignorant of the popular crowd to know that I should be rightly terrified by Jen, so I sat down next to her in my usual goofy clumsy oblivious way. She spied the picture of Nightbreed I had carefully clipped and taped to the inside of my rainbow unicorn trapper keeper and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

She was this diminutive goddess with Vampiric pale skin and naturally curly obsidian hair, a member of the drama team, a regular at Renaissance festivals, and a RHPS devotee. She had a banshee scream, a horrible home life, and far more knowledge of men’s secret sexual fantasies than any girl under 18 should have. She was as jaded and critical as I was naïve and happy-go-lucky. I never really knew why she sought out time with me. Sometimes she would just come over to my house to flip through magazines while I painted. Being able to sit comfortably in silence is always a good gauge of a relationship.

I remember the last night I saw her. I was sitting on the hood of her old broken car, the backs of my thighs going numb while I watched her pace back and forth, hyper sped on caffeine and clove cigarettes. She was going on and on about the trials of pelvic inflammatory disease, last week's Fugazi concert and having friends and relatives recognize one’s half nude picture on the back of a magazine. She never looked at me, always a little over my shoulder and there was a sense that something was coming to an end. Or something equally melodramatic.

It took several years until I did not hear from or of her at all. Not even rumours. She was an anomaly, this beauty. She had a way of nodding when I talked about shameful things. She understood me in a time when I thought being misunderstood was natural. I’ll never forget her and maybe I’ll meet her again someday.

If I’m lucky.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#301756 - 01/27/08 12:30 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Shade]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Thankfully I had the good sense to drop out of highschool.

Edited by Klockwerk_Black (01/27/08 12:31 PM)

#301758 - 01/27/08 12:36 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Evil_Eve, thank you for sharing that story and starting this topic. I would imagine that many Satanists have a similar background, one way or another.

I had a relative transformation throughout school.

In elementary, the younger years, I had a few friends, and a few enemies, like any other kid. There was no more "bullying" going on here then any other person recieved.

Once I moved from the city to a small town, however, that changed.

Moving from the "sofistication" of the city to a redneck, backwater mining town, was a huge change in my life, for better or worse. I started out okay, and I did have a couple of friends, but the differences between the culture I was used to, compared to the new one, were too great; simply put, I could not fit in.

Everyone talked about hunting and fishing trips, about hockey, and all sorts of other mundane things. The highlight of the day for these monkeys was gym class. The bright side of this was my reflexes improved, as I would usually be one of the targets for a rampant dodge-balling.

My interests were Star Wars, fantasy books, video games, and essentially, anything that would take me out of that prison-like town (mountains sorrounding all sides) and into somewhere better. My friends and I would play with Star Wars micro-machines, Lego, or hide-and seek in the forest. We would attack eachother with pop-bottles as swords; anything to break the tedium of the shallow life that exists their. I had few friends then, as I do now...but they were always worth my time.

As soon as high school hit, life seemed to fall apart. My excessive attempts to "fit in" had barely worked up to this point, and going through my parents divorce, and a recent broken arm (in football, in gym, which I hated.) there was naught I could do to keep happy. Even one of my supposed friends had turned his back on me in favor of greater popularity, and I had become an easy target for all who would attack...and attack they did.

Luckily, my mother and I had the foresight to leave this place. We both hated it, and the only reason we had gone there was so my father could start a business. I was sad to leave him in a way, but happy to get the hell out.

I moved to a bigger city then I had ever lived in before, but life remained somewhat the same. Through my depression, I had gained a lot of weight, which did contributed to the torment. The first six months of junior high in the new school remained the same as elementary had, just a different playing field...now I was a small town bumpkin, unfamiliar with life in the city.

Not much to say there...I left schools shortly after more divorce issues, and found new grounds. The kids were nicer here. I had recieved shit from one bully so far, but growing sick and tired of that crap, I decided to push back. This led to me and him becoming friends, and I was invited into a new circle; anything to escape what I had been through formerly. These kids were the skids; the ones who listened to Korn, smoked in the alley, got drunk on weekends, and some of them, did drugs. I stayed away from all of these things, but stuck with these kids; they were fun, they hated everyone I hated, and they toughened my ass up...a lot.

High school came, and we all went the same direction, but they were quickly going into the fray. Mushrooms and ecstacy were now the "drug of choice" and I quickly found what we had in common before was diminishing. I was not so quick to trends, and started dressing in the most inconspicuous possible way; plad and jeans. It was perfect. It fit anything, and no one questioned you. They left you the fuck alone. I quickly began to realize, that was EXACTLY what I wanted.

I more or less alienated myself, but comfortably this time. I knew quite a few people, and I would share a few words with them, but I never joined a circle after this point. I loitered. I met an interesting fellow in art class. He was tall, scruffy looking, wore a pink shirt, and a ram-chip as a necklace. Everyone thought he was gay, or otherwise, despised him. He and I had much in common; our favorite movie was DUNE, and we were both Dreamcast addicts. We also both liked hackey-sack. More then anything, we both hated "the herd", and we wanted to be left alone.

For the three years of high school, I hung out with none other then this individual. Lunch consisted of "Hack". We had a group of people who liked to play with us, but the game grew violent after some time, so we decided to disband, and isolate ourselves further. We found a nook, a room between two doorways that acted as an exit/entrance to the building, and we played here. After two years, Hack wasn't fun anymore, so the third year of high school, we brought a jukebox to school, and turned that on. We would stand there, talking sometimes, with the jukebox on, listening to Van Halen, or Fifty Cent (The reason for this choice was it was after his initial popularity...he was no longer "cool" anymore. I didn't approve as I don't like rap, but it was funny...like listening to Vanilla Ice in the late nineties.)

I changed from trying to fit in, to being comfortably alone. He and I are still friends to this day, and he is exactly what qualifies as a "de-facto Satanist." I won't ever mention it to him, but he has the nature, to be sure. One of the only individuals I've come across who was very much like myself, one who I will probably be friends with until the end...whatever that would entail.

#301759 - 01/27/08 12:48 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
My experience in school was both pleasant and productive. I kept my head in the books and my nose clean, and although I never excelled to the top of the social pecking order, I somehow managed to be well liked by nearly everyone from every social clique. I was the kid that people came to for advice or to mediate disputes amongst the different social classes. I enjoyed that, it was a powerful feeling to know that mine was the voice of influence.

I miss some of the people that I've lost contact with over the years, and often find myself wondering how life is treating them. Given to do over again, I wouldn't change much and I think it would be right good fun.

I'm looking forward to my ten year class reunion in 2009.

#301762 - 01/27/08 01:30 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I started high school in '94, the hay day of the grunge era. The first few weeks of school I wore ripped black jeans, a band t-shirt, Doc Martins, and purple manic panic streaked through my blonde hair. I thought it was fun, but realized that it was a limiting image. That was one of the most important lessons I learned. I changed my appearance and some activities to more closely match the norm. I still played guitar in a band, was active in theater, and played hockey ... but I also was a cheerleader, active in several clubs, and a few other sports (swimming, field hockey, lacrosse, and powder puff football). Some of these I thoroughly enjoyed, other activities I enjoyed the benefits that came along with them. I didn't have an exclusive clique, I moved amongst the social circles easily.

I continue to do this as an adult. I have found that it's far easier to get what you want when you're a wolf in sheep's clothing than to be an easily spotted wolf amongst the herd.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#301763 - 01/27/08 01:33 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Taliana Offline

Loc: England
Highschool was a shock to the system for me, after being homeschooled for 6 years.

I fit in best with the kids in the year below me. They were nice, I helped them study, I had friends there and the ones who weren't my friends left me alone.

The kids in my own year, though, that was another story. I wasn't interested in very "girlie" things, so the girls didn't want to hang out with me (or me with them), but I wasn't "cool" enough to hang with the boys, plus surfing was a main interest of theirs, rather than video games and the like. I had no friends, and when it came to group projects I was the one left doing all the work, picked last at team sports. I was bullied by the girls in the change rooms after PE, I was pushed around in the bus line after school, I had notes about me passed around in class. I was completely different in looks and interests, and while they all preferred getting drunk and going to parties, I preferred to spend my nights at home reading, writing, playing piano or gaming. I couldn't see the point in getting drunk or high or partying. What a waste of time. But that made me "lame" and "boring", just like how I had never had a boyfriend at that time, and the gap between me and them grew even larger. To make it worse, I wasn't a Christian, and this was a private Christian school.

Despite this, it didn't bother me too much. I wasn't going to be something/someone I wasn't just to fit in with them, when they were hardly worth my time. I kept a low enough profile that I wasn't singled out for the worst bullying, but I did feel rather lonely and I would be lying if I said that I had never considered "changing" for them.

My final year of highschool wasn't quite so bad, everyone got more focused on their studies and we all took to sharing notes and such during breaks, so I did spend more time with my classmates and it was a lot nicer than it had been the previous years.

Although that was my final year of highschool, it actually wasn't the end of highschool. I still had another year to go, which I did part-time at a college type of place. It was a much better enviroment there, much more mature.

I often hear people say things like "highschool is some of the best years of your life", which have just always made me go ????? because ... what's so great about it? It's a bunch of kids who think they're adults having a several year long pissing contest.

I have found college and university to be much, much more enjoyable.

#301768 - 01/27/08 02:56 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Taliana]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I had a pretty shit time in secondary school. I was very bright academically and was in most of the top classes (except for maths which I always found quite difficult - meh). A lot of this stemmed from coming out at school at the tender age of 13, big mistake on my part. I was in pariah town after that, I had no friends (and I literally mean none, not a few, none) for three years and every day consisted of me trying to find places in the school where I'd encounter the least number of people so I didn't get abuse or physical objects thrown at me.

Things got better slightly in year 10 as a drama group started then and I got involved with that and some people in the group decided they liked me enough to move past the whole gay thing (sadly a lot of people avoided contact with me not because they disliked that I was gay, but because associating with me positively often meant they had to take shit from others and it wasn't worth it - literally herd mentality).

I finished secondary school and for reasons I don't fully understand decided to stay at that school to do my A-levels, which meant another two years of crap (why I did that rather than going to a college I don't know).

If anything school taught me how to be self sufficient and not depend on others for self fulfilment, and funnily enough I'm now the outgoing and popular type as an adult that a lot of people wish they could be but aren't (ironic that turn around). Still I left school with a huge amount of baggage which required a lot of therapy to get through, I could have done without that. I'm okay where I am now, but anyone who tries to maintain that school days are the happiest of your life would get laughed in the face at from me.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#301786 - 01/27/08 04:36 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
I never really gave mind to having friends in high school. For the first two years I was pretty popular because I attended a christian semi-private technical institute blah blah blah... and I seemed to be one of the few boys that seemed to have known the fine arts of hygiene and manners. I was pretty popular for this. The nuns even let me sport medium length hair because they considered me to be a good example.

However my golden days of high school eventually went down the drain. I failed a (technical) drawing class along with 200 more students. The administration felt more like covering their asses than investigating why so many students failed the same class, with the same teacher.

Anyways, my last two years where in a fully private christian school. My mother had studied there and I enjoyed the fact that I was so much smarter than everyone else. I used to ace religion class and yet again the nuns let me have medium length hair (culturally, it was considered long) I just stated "Jesus had long hair". I was once forced to stop this because some smartass with greasy hair dragged me down with him one time the nuns where ordering people to cut their hair and noting down names. I once tried joining a "cool" social group but I soon decided I'd rather eat dirt.

My social circle was mostly independent from school. My friends and I spent most of our time playing video games and skateboarding. I met them purely because we lived close, we all got used to each other even though we had different personalities. I'd always wear a white tee-shirt with jeans and skateboarding shoes, pretty simple... it once became a popular style and I had good laugh. In these times I learned that politics was a business and other life lessons first-hand.

During my graduation ceremony I was described as "the guy who was always sleeping and knew every theory" in the class memoir. Most that didn't know me just said I was "antisocial". Not that many people actually "knew" me. Most of the time I just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

#301788 - 01/27/08 04:46 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Scion]
AndersGunnolf Offline

Loc: Top of a mountain,North Caroli...
I must say high school was quite the learning experience. The high school that I atteneded was full of ignorance. Our school mascot was an inbred hillbilly with 4 toes. That says a lot about the school.

I didnt attend any of the tail-gate parties, or the drunken field banjo jamboree. Their parties never appealed to me. I stuck to my books and knowledge. I did quite well in school, taking as many classes as I could, 7 a day. I never cut up, never got in trouble, was quite boring actually. I always kept to myself. Brought my own lunch. Has anyone here actually ate a public school meal? In North Carolina more money is spent on the prison systems food? That makes me feel great... The administaration always kept an eye on me cause I was "different". I guess they assumed that I would do "something". I had a few friends at school, many I have never talked to since. I see many people now from school that come up to me and say "Hey man! how ya been?" Why talk to me now, you never did in school. I do not care what you are doing with your lives. But they just tell away. Im a lawyer, Im a doctor, so on.
Does this happen to anyone else?

The school mainly consisted of rednecks and over zealous christians, many of which could sure talk it, but when questioned, they did not know a thing. They were quick to brand me an outsider, I was never so glad.

I see that many of us share some things in common about school.

#301811 - 01/27/08 07:08 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
High School was monumental but yet asinine at the same time for me. After being home schooled for a year, I came into High School somewhat shy, but yet excited at the thoughts of new experiences.

Freshmen year I discovered Satanism, and from there I inadvertently tested out The Satanic Sins and Rules of Earth, learning from any mistakes I made, and narrowly escaping future mistakes by sticking to what LaVey said, and applying the philosophy.

I was a band geek through and through, which naturally meant ridicule from "The Cool Kids" or whoever decided to point a finger, it didn't matter to me. Band and art were the only classes I thoroughly enjoyed, so I didn't care what people thought.

I was almost completely bored with the same routines for classes we were put through, and by the time High School was over, I was completely tired of school. The public school system was a joke to me, but at the same time I thought having a High School Diploma might set me higher than most of the students that end up dropping out.

About the only things I did care about during high school were girls, books, art and music, with a large emphasis on girls. Honestly I've learned gratuitous amounts of information just straight out of High School than I ever learned in there.

But one of the most important things I learned in High School was human nature, and how to manipulate it.

#301825 - 01/27/08 08:42 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Shade]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
That was absolutely beautiful Shade.

About that friend of yours: one of my best friend is a very naive, good-hearted, left-winged, politically-correct, innocent, charitable, socially-active girl…
Opposites attract, it is said.

And yeah… RHPS….. ~nodding head with a sigh~

As to me;
All I learned in high-school is how to sleep on my desk in various positions.

I share the impression of "a-melodramatic-mess-of-youthful-emotions-gushing-their-way-
out-of-a-personality-crisis-magnified-by-social-rejection" from those years.

Or, in other words:
Blach

#301832 - 01/27/08 10:54 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
I remember having a small group of friends that were outsiders of sorts. Some of them were too weak to handle the common razzing that kids that age put each other through, so a few of us must have been seen as sort of a safe zone. I recall defending some of these friends on several occasions.

I was given a lot of shit for doing my own thing but nobody ever really attempted to outright cause me major trouble, I suppose I had a persona that worked.

Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson seemed to be the more popular of the figures in our circle. I was more of a Metallica and Black Sabbath fan. Music seemed central to everyone during those years in all walks of life.

My best memories were of using the word processor in the library and writing for hours on end. I still have that stuff on disc somewhere.

#301841 - 01/28/08 12:38 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
People generally thought of me as an eccentric, unique, a nutcase, or a queer (depending on if they liked me or disliked me).

The "cool" kids stayed away from me because they knew I was different and not one to conform to their deplorable tastes in music, movies, or entertainment. The punks and wastrels hated me because I wouldn't join them in their pot-smoking doldrums. Girls didn't like me and thought I was some kind of lunatic. The girls that thought I was "hot" were too afraid to approach me or talk to me, or were pissed off because I never made an effort to get close to them. As a result of not talking to many girls, a few punks used to spread rumors of me being a "fag" or a "queer".

I played on the sports teams as well. Many of the jocks absolutely hated me. Many of the coaches loved me. They did because they knew I was different. That I was there for Myself, and was more dedicated and disciplined than anyone else. I refused to attend my teammates hooligan frat-like afterparties. And I wouldn't just get along with complete asshole teammates just for the sake of sharing a same colored uniform. Yet in the end of it all, I walked away with more accolades and achievements than most people in my Graduating class could dream of.

I wasn't the smartest in the class but people always seemed to want to seek me out for help, advice, or guidance in some way. For those who I enjoyed my company around, I helped them out along the way and have maintained some good friendships right to this very day. Of course, I've also had to deal with my fair share of wastrels and psychic vampires trying to either ride my coattails or take advantage of my intelligence. Those people I could absolutely care less if they're still around or not. But through it all, the few friends I've made were worth it.

In a nutshell, those were my high-school years.

#301856 - 01/28/08 02:18 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
I have never; nor will I ever, attend a High School reunion.

Good choice.

The less that is said of my hight school years, the better. But I went to the 25-years reunion - and that was a bizarre experience. I hadn't really seen anybody since back then and they all looked like grotesque parodies of themselves, and yet themselves - if that makes any sense.

There were only me and one of the girls who had kept our shape and looks relatively intact (add some lines in the face and yada yada - but we didn't look OLD the same way that the rest of them did). And surprise, surprise, we were the only ones that hadn't really ever gone for the whole family-life-and-job-security bit.

I suppose it's all predictable though. Back in the time she was the school slut, with an absolutely horrible reputation. Now she was an independent business woman doing good on her own. I used to be just weird. (Trust me on that one, hehe.) I simply cruised through school with a yawn - everything being much too easy. My grades were top notch and I was a super-athlete - but I just wasn't interested. At age 15 I got my own apartement, went to business college... but found a more interesting life working at nightclubs, among hardened criminals and prostitutes.

The reunion party was pathetic. Apart from the kick of seeing all these assholes now nothing more than just older and uglier assholes, there was nothing in it for me. I circulated a couple of times before making a quiet disappearance at the time people were tipsy enough to start "dancing" (which is the generic name for such horribly disharmonic body wrigglings, but must not be confused with the aesthetic art by the same name).

Pay attention to those from your own high school. Chances are that the interesting people are those who neither obeyed nor opposed the rules of authority, but simply went their own way in complete disregard of all else.

#301858 - 01/28/08 02:37 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
My prom was held on a blueberry farm. Besides that high school was uneventful. Nothing happened to me other than one girl hating me. She shouted the oddest insults. When she snapped at me I was too busy thinking "what the fuck?" to be insulted. I dated a guy for two years and in the hall way she yelled in a very snotty tone "have sex with your boyfriend lately?"

Other than that I was well liked. I had no problems with the other students.

#301864 - 01/28/08 03:31 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Noordenzuid Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Looking back, I was a bright and subtly influential student.

I wasn't the prized student in terms of sport, but I did quite well academically.

The teachers new I was different. I was a smart student, a different thinker and mature for my age.

My peers looked-up to me and some teachers feared my almost 'two-faced' qualities that allowed me to pull strings in the right places.

I had (and still have) the wit and sense of humour that was always enjoyed by those around me.

I was a leader throughout school and that has served me well.

I had a great time.

Edited by noordenzuid (01/28/08 03:32 AM)

-Albert Camus

"To passion, to paradise, to pain, to night."

#301869 - 01/28/08 04:14 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Drakein Offline

To sum it up, it had been a living nightmare, twelve-hours-long daily, for four years straight.
But I've got over all of the collective shit and moved on. All that matters is the here and now.

#301930 - 01/28/08 11:31 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Going to ghetto public high schools in South Central Los Angeles made me drop out. Can you imagine going to a school where students regularly got murdered? On their first day?

I had to move up north to Sacramento, California and go to school with the white people so I could get a HS diploma.

#301948 - 01/28/08 01:01 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Callier]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
"Welcome Freshmen to High School, here is your bulletproof vests and pepper spray. Good Luck!" \:>

#301967 - 01/28/08 02:17 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Philotechnic]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
I went to a high school in Sacramento, CA, known popularly as "Rio Marijuana". The pervasiveness of drugs at the school was disgusting, moreso considering it was mostly white middle and upper class.

I started high school as an anti-social goat who hadn't realized his gift (that is that he "suffered" from a mild bit of anti-social personality disorder) that attempted to dress with the herd. My father and I were on the up and coming, but still lower middle class.

I finished high school as a wolf. I dressed and acted in a manner of class. I still wore jeans and T-shirts the majority of the time, but the pants were clean, dark, and free of holes, as were the shirts, and I made a point of buying better shoes and wearing a belt. As far as my interaction with the herd, I heard someone describe me behind my back as "the one queer you DO NOT fuck with." Thing is, that reputation was all a result of manipulation and hitting on instincts. The most important thing I learned in high school was manipulation, and I was, and am, damned good at it.

#301985 - 01/28/08 03:21 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
I was definitely an odd duck back in my high school days. I never played any sports, (in fact,I hated sports), but I was friends with a lot of the jocks.

I wore a leather jacket with chains and spikes on it, but I didn't get along with many of the other metalheads because I also listened to other types of music. They labeled me a 'poser'. Anyone here who grew up in the 80's should remember that was the ultimate insult you could hurl at a metalhead.

I hardly ever studied, yet had no problems passing tests. I knew more than my teachers did about a lot of subjects, and graduated with very good grades.

One time, one of my teachers said to my parents, "Your son has an unhealthy obsession with the occult. He spends much time in class drawing 'cult symbols' on his books." Of course, this was when the Satanic Panic was in full swing, so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Several years ago, I ran into a guy I went to school with. He was someone who sometimes gave me shit. He was one of those people who always thought they should be given everything on a silver platter without having to work for it. He was working behind the counter at a fast food place. So, after placing my order, I just smiled and thought, "Damn! Stratification. You just can't beat it!"

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#302020 - 01/28/08 05:52 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
That was a great story, Evil Eve. I don't have many stories that I can recall. I didn't spend much time in school and the time I did spend in school I didn't pay much attention. I would usually show up for the first class, the bell would ring, and I would say "screw this" and go off in the mountains in my Jeep and explore and hike around in the mountains around here. I barely managed to graduate from high school but I learned enough to get by. If I could do it all over again, I think I would stay in classes and learn and study and get good grades. Education is very important whether your home schooled or go to public or private schools. I did not realize that at the time but do now. But also important is enjoying life, and that is something I have done very well.

A favorite quote of mine is from Christopher Walken in The Prophecy when he's sitting on the steps of the school with the kids gathered around him. He says as the kids scurry off "Study your math, it's the key to the universe."

#302024 - 01/28/08 06:03 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I went to an all-male, Catholic prep school. Most people hear that and say "Oh that must have been torture", but far from it. Looking back, I'm so glad I went there and not to the local public high school. I always worked hard and took pride in my academic life, and this was the type of school that could best contribute to that.

What I liked about the school was that the faculty treated you as an adult. Of course, being treated as an adult also meant that they expected you to act like an adult too. As long as you followed the dress code, made it to class, and were learning, they didn't care about the little or irrelevant personal things. We had all the benefits of a privately-funded institution too: excellent teachers (very knowledgable and passionate about what they taught), great facilities, high-quality food, etc.

As for how I was treated by the other students, there were certainly a few assholes in the crowd. There always are. These were mostly kids who had only gone to private Catholic schools their entire life, and knew nobody outside of their own preppy clique. I certainly stood out a bit, having the long hair and being somewhat vocal about not being Catholic (I hadn't identified as "Satanist" yet; it would still be a few years before I read the Satanic Bible). But looking back I think I was much more well-liked than I assumed.

I can't say that I was collectively singled out, though. If anything, *I* was the one who was doing the singling out and finger pointing at certain students, being the angry young teen, jumping to conclusions (unfavorable or favorable) about people based on appearance and whatever subculture they gravitated to. It wasn't until college where I finally learned to drop the clique bullshit. Also, I saw very, very few fights in high school. I can probably count them all on one hand. People were probably just too busy, between home work and the clubs they did after school. Speaking of which: I was president of the German Club and was also in the jazz ensemble, plus an after-school meditation group, and had brief stints in the math club, fencing, and a few others.

Being called a "nerd" was pretty much unheard of, since to call somebody a nerd was to practically say "I have a lower GPA than you, and therefore will wind up going to good college, and thus will end up being less successful in life." Besides, the people who couldn't keep up with the academics ended up failing out within the first year or two.

There was a dress code, but no uniform. The dress code was pretty simple: the shirt had to have a collar, no sneakers or boots, no jeans or sweatpants. There was still enough room for individual expression.

The fact the school was all-male was never a problem. I found plenty of other places to meet girls besides school. And it made all the gossip and macho bullshit pretty non-existent. Best of all was that once you broke up with somebody, you didn't have to see their face again.

I actually enjoyed my religion classes. The teachers didn't so much care about what you believed, but how well you could speak for yourself. I got to take classes like "World Religions" and "Ethics/Logic". Granted there were also about 4 liturgies you had to attend throughout the year, but it was no big deal. They were just a matter of sitting and standing at the correct times for an hour. On some of these I just sat the entire time and refused to stand, but never got into trouble for it. One time the dean said to me afterwards, "Just out of curiosity, why didn't you participate in today's mass?" I said, "Because I'm not christian." He just slightly pouted his lower lip and silently nodded his head, as if to say "Fair enough."

So over all, I'm glad I escaped most of the horrors that come with public schooling. I'd call it a Satanic choice for me, because it was most certainly self-serving in many ways. I still go back to visit my school now and then and talk to the old teachers who are still there.

Damn, that was a long response.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302090 - 01/28/08 10:17 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Bill_M]
Shegeek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Not so much high school. Grade school however, was hell. (har har). Not to gush about my family, but the support I had at home was key in my surviving the itty bitty hierarchy which was public school in a suburban town full of extremely wealthy W.A.S.P's.

I had a situation with a few kids who spent their time making my life awful, but was always told those who mentioned high school as being the best years of your life had absolutely zilch to look forward to.

At one point I decided to fold up a note with a veiled death threat towards my worst bully inside to attempt to scare her, knowing full well that a folded note in the girls bathroom would get notice within minute of me leaving it there. It was found, and instead of the principal noticing the obvious daily psychological torture I was dealing with (And I wish I were exaggerating,)I was braded emotionally unstable and put in learning disabled classes. Nowadays it probably would have gotten me arrested.

My mother on the other hand told me to draw pictures of my various bullies getting brained and gutted to make me feel better. Even made me a little voodoo doll and told me it served no other purpose but to relax me. *gush gush*

The next year I showed up to 9th grad sporting black everything. Lipstick, nails, hair. I'd gotten a hold of some old punk records and decided to play the part. The second I showed up I was branded a witch, and frankly I just went for it. Rumor got around that I'd put a curse on this particular bully and she managed to have the worst day of her life after the rumor was spread, which I suppose was lucky for me. People left me be after that, but the learning disability brand followed me all over the place. My actual disability was in Mathematics, but that didn't matter. I was now a retard.

That year I was removed from the school. I called one of the LD teachers out on calling a class full of dyslexic kids stupid, and was reprimanded for it. My mom took me out soon after and put me in a small Quaker school. I ended up graduating and having a lovely time of it after. The smaller school was exactly what I needed.

Afterwards I did some personal healing and went on with my life. I left high school in the proverbial dust and rocked out in my 20's. Now at 30, I'm still finding the occasional body issue or self esteem issue, but then again who doesn't? It's something that still stings sometimes but served to teach me a hell of alot of lessons. Don't think I'd change it. \:\)

(Sorry for the novella)

Kurt Vonnegut

#302091 - 01/28/08 10:23 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I ask you gentle reader/Satanist, what were your High School years like?

I was asked to leave 10 days before my 16th birthday (1981).

I was happy to oblige. ;\)
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#302094 - 01/28/08 10:27 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Svengali]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Loc: Derby, England
I fit into no crowd, but got along with them all.

#302095 - 01/28/08 10:42 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Svengali]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
I was asked to leave the private school I went to for 9th grade. I really didn't want to leave because they had GREAT food at this place. I went to private school my whole life. I know how to put up with Christian weirdos, but upon my coming of age they could no longer put up with me. I have a big mouth and it gets me in trouble sometimes.
It went like this:

"We really do not need someone like you in our school community. I'm not expelling you. I am asking you to withdraw."

"That's fucked man. Aren't you here to save my soul?"

"That's between you and God."

"Yeah, but I really like the food here. I mean, I put up with a lot just for the really good lunches. This place is great. I got chicken parmasean yesterday."

"We can't have you here. We can't tolerate someone of your mindset. Steven asked us to kick you out for saying what you said to him."

"Yeah, I know, he told me. Don't be a dick. I really don't like the food at the other schools."

"Ricardo, let's call your mom."

Good times.

#302141 - 01/29/08 06:14 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
Well, I spent almost all of my youth in extremely Catholic & Opus Dei schools.

Being raised and educated in such environments is quite hard, as by the time you get into such places, you are only around 6 years old or so and are, obviously, very easy to get influenced. Our teachers were using the "fear tactics" to teach us. This means that they were constantly telling our young and virgin minds to act and behave in a determined way, otherwise we would be punished and our souls would "go to hell" and suffer endless pain.
For a just 6-year-old kid, it's, at least, a quite frightening idea. Add a similar parental environment and you could get the whole picture.

Anyway, as time passed by I got interested in many other subjects (as were girls) and I began realizing that not all girls were bitches as we were told so, I started questioning lots of other "de facto" statements. At that time, my musical tastes also began changing and, like many others, began listening to Metal. From Heavy Metal to Thrash Metal to Death Metal and Black Metal (we're talking about the end 80's). One thing lead to another and, obviously, the matter "satanism" appeared once (yes, with Deicide and Morbid Angel). A teacher of ours gave a quite long speech about satanism related to music, put lots of lp's and played them backwards. Lots of colleagues of mine could hear lots of "satanic" messages, impulsing to kill babys, commit suicide and a very looooong etc... I actually didn't hear anything at all, and so did a very few friends of mine.
The outcome should have been obvious. Being raised in such an extreme "ambience", being forbidden almost everything, both at school and at home as well, you tend to take the only direction possible... do the exact opposite you are supposed to do. A few of us began listening and looking for more of that "infernal" music, as well as an intense thirst to learn lots of things which were forbidden to us.

In 1991, a copy of "The Satanic Bible" fell into my hands. I used to go to lots of second-hand-book libraries looking for "forbidden" books and I bought that copy translated into spanish language (I still own that copy today!). That was amazing! Suddenly, I understood my life and feelings, far beyond that bad-guy attitude I had adopted. Since then, I stopped attending mass, stopped attending religion classes and just focused on my studies. I was almost fired from that school, since teachers and priests began noticing my change. They talked to my parents and they had to pay money for me not getting fired before getting my High School degree (my parents told me that long after I finished university).
As I began university, my parents took me to an Opus Dei faculty. That was even worse. I obviously had to move out from my parent's home, as university was located in Barcelona, quite far away from my home, and it was more suitable to live near to the faculty instead of having to do the long way every day.
Once there, a few colleagues and me noticed that, during the time we were attending classes, some kind of "inspector" was entering our rooms everyday to look after "forbidden" material, such as porn (quite obvious for students), grass and/or anything similar. We then decided to hang quite explicit pictures of nude nice-looking ladies on the walls of our rooms, just to shock the inspector on his daily inspections. Everyday afternoon, our walls were totally clean. The pictures were gone!, but nobody spoke about that and nobody asked us about the pictures. I then decided to photocopy passages of the Satanic Bible, enlarge them, and hung all those photocopies on the walls to scare the shit out of that guy.
Two days after my decision, I was fired!
As I didn't want to waste my time and my parent's money, I just talked to them, explained the situation and some of my beliefs and, although they were quite shocked, they somehow understood my point of view and went to a public university. Education, obviously, was not the same, but anyhow... the rest, as they say, is history...

That is the "resumed" explanation of how I was treated at school. Even though, I don't have bad feelings at all, as the friends I made on that time (all of us "outsiders") are still friends of mine today, and are still sharing the same interests. I'd like to think that those times, and my thirst for knowledge as an outcome of that, actually led me to where I am today.

H.S.

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#302191 - 01/29/08 11:18 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I had to think about this one a bit. The basic facts are that I thought high school was a colossal waste of my time. I regularly skipped school and went to the library – to read. At 16 I dropped out for good and went to work. Then an extraordinary person was extraordinarily generous to me. At my mother’s urging, I saw a psychologist because everyone felt supremely confused that such a bright girl would drop out of school. This woman helped me get a full scholarship to a fully private school that offered tutorials at the students own pace. I condensed my last three years of high into 6 months, and graduated at the same time as my peers who were stuck in boring daily classes.

All hail learning at your own pace!

Despite beginning to baby-sit full time at the age of 14, I maintained friendships with people I had met in high school. Like Shade, I had a friend that affected me quite a bit. We met at age 12, and spoke almost everyday until just a few years ago. Albeit being from vastly different backgrounds, we became like sisters and we had a bond.

We used to call each other spoiled brats.

She thought I was spoiled because I had no curfew and no restrictions on clothing, friends, music, romance, or going to bars. I thought she was spoiled because she complained that she had to work everyday Saturday in her mother’s store and was not allowed much social flexibility or freedom.

I could not relate to the high expectations her family had of her, or to their logical approach and reasoning that dominated the parental discourse. As an example, her parents would say, “If you provide an adequate explanation for why hanging out at the park with your friends will teach you something of value, then we’ll allow it. Otherwise, you stay home and contribute to this household by making certain supper is on the table by the time we get home from work.”

She could not relate to the fact that I had no rules in my household or that I regularly chastised my mother. As an example, I would say to my mother, “Why is it that every time we make a rule in this house you’re the first one to break it? And by the way, I’ll be spending the weekend at David’s house.”

She never had to worry about her next meal, the rent, getting new sneakers for gym class or taking the occasional vacation. And I never had to worry about someone dictating my future.

We were opposites in many ways. She cared deeply about her reputation and being popular. And I could not give a flying fuck what anyone thought of me.

There was no question that she would pursue an outstanding professional career, and she has. There was no question that I had more insight and emotional intelligence in my relationships than she did, and still do. It was when we grew up and we each developed more skill into the other’s area of expertise that created conflict. We were both uncomfortable with the transgressing of these relegated spheres.

Ultimately, our friendship did not survive. But that happened long after high school.

This turned out to be a very long post, but when thinking about my high school experience, she is the one that had the most impact, who I told all my secrets too, who I shared almost all my first experiences with. The academic issues were a far-off second to the impact that this friendship has had.

#302198 - 01/29/08 11:57 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Ghorth6]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Great question, Miss Eve.

Kindergarten, preschool, and 1st grade the first time around were some of the happiest and relatively carefree years of my life. I was almost entirely self-contained, and relatively oblivious to other people. Even when other kids yelled at me for telling too many self-indulgent stories about my imaginary friends and their imaginary planet, or one kid stole the hood off my coat for telling him to go to Hell, or teachers tried to make me do activities I didn't want to do, or the PE teacher made me sit on the sidelines during class, or the mean boy I had a really stupid crush on rebuffed me, I took it in stride, never took it personally, and usually solved the problem by wandering off somewhere to do my own thing. It was almost like other people weren't real and their impact on me wasn't real, so I didn't worry about them. Good times, good times. I played by myself, hid away from the teachers so I could read lots of books and not have to do much else, and I'm sure most of the other kids just found me weird--and because of my constant and obsessive storytelling in class or at lunch--annoying.

(On the bright side, it made me memorable. I met a kid in high school who'd been in my preschool class, and he remembered me. He was vague about whether those memories were fond or not ;\) ).

It was all downhill from there by comparison. Elementary school part deux (I switched schools) had all kinds of arbitrary rules and rites, and for a while, my homeroom teachers were incredibly strict (or striving to be), and found me incredibly threatening because I certainly wasn't "normal"--in many different ways--and I asked too many questions and voiced too many personal views, opinions, and objections. Finally got to "enjoy" my first real bully in 2nd grade, and he pumped up the volume in 4th grade and got everyone to steer clear of me, on account of "cooties." People became increasingly more "real" because of their ability to put the hurt on me, and due to my increasing appreciation and understanding of the inner minds and lives of others.

To be fair, I had many good times, too--most of my other teachers were fine, and a few were amazing; I had fun times on the playground and in music class, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to be a hard-boiled, shrewd cynic and critic. (I always sat next to one of my few friends and made witty, snarky comments, usually at school assemblies. I was like a very tiny Denis Leary.)

Middle school was horrid; I could easily call those years the worst. Puberty, mean girls, rumors, gossip, arbitrary rules, lots of expectations coming from everywhere and everyone. Kids teased me about my medical problems after breaking into a stash of my supplies at school. Because there was a huge rumor mill, I never knew who was a real friend or ally, and who was just playing at being friendly so that they might get more dirt on me. I was socially and physically awkward, to boot.

High school was pretty good. I was treated fine, for the most part--maybe not taken as seriously or given as much respect as I thought I deserved, but no one harassed or tried to harm me, and that's really what counted for me at that point. In the end, though, the reason I got pissed off at my high school was because they spent an awful lot of time coddling the stoners, shit-disturbers, and ne'er-do-wells, and thus the bar was set lower than I would've liked in a lot of cases.

Actually, maybe it's only because this is all safely in the past but, I wouldn't change a thing. Even the bad times and terrible experiences that made me miserable and distraught still taught me things and helped me me who I am today. If anything, I'd like the benefit of going back in time to counsel my past self, to give advice. Certainly, there were a lot of dumb things I did that made my problems and my conflicts with people worse, and of course, I'd think my past self would appreciate being given a sense of perspective--"this, too, shall pass."

There's almost too much to parse all at once, so if anyone wants to ask a specific question or ask for more elaboration in an area, have at it :).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#302216 - 01/29/08 12:54 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
With a lot of this! I deserved it most of the time.

"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#302230 - 01/29/08 02:22 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: TrojZyr]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Dear Witch, I certainly did enjoy your reply. (I have read all the replies by the way).

I liked what you said here:
 Quote:
Actually, maybe it's only because this is all safely in the past but, I wouldn't change a thing. Even the bad times and terrible experiences that made me miserable and distraught still taught me things and helped me me who I am today.

It is not so hard to contemplate that the very lives We lead now may be different in some ways had We not gone through certain life experiences.

You spoke of grade school, and I too did not pay too very much attention to the other children (We are speaking around first grade here). I had fun doing My own thing. Swinging on the swing by Myself. Eating My lunch by Myself, drawing strange pictures of worlds that could only exist in the mind of such a young one.

Now, moving on to the second and third grade? HELL. HELL. HELL.

Picture Me: A young girl with a violin case, a Ziggy lunch box and....... PURE WHITE HAIR. Yes, Eve is naturally blond. Now, the white hair wasn't the particular problem. The fact that it was naturally curly and that My father didn't know how to groom hair properly! He once gave Me an afro. NO LIE. I also have a picture of Me from the second grade where he put some sort of Brill creme on it and parted it down the middle.

The result? I looked like the spitting image of George Washington. If I'm feeling incredibly goofy some day, I just may scan that picture so We can all have a good laugh. I laugh about it now.

However, I was beat up by a rather large boy in a grade much higher than My own because I was 'Not Like Most'. He hit Me in the head with a metal lunch box. I still think about that time whenever I hear the song by Marilyn Manson "Lunch Box".

Warlock Bill:

I enjoyed your response/reply as well. I wonder what it would have been to go to an all female Private School......then again, it could have been worse. Women seem to be a bit less forgiving when it comes to appearances and name calling/finger pointing.

I did not stress in My original post that I actually liked most of My teachers. (They were Christers yes,) but highly educated and graduated from esteemed Colleges and did have much to teach if one wanted to learn.

We had a religion class but it was much different than the one you spoke of. You HAD to believe or you failed, period! The class was called "God And Government". Now, I enjoyed the Government part of the class. We went over the Constitution, The Declaration Of Independence, Ben Franklin, John Adams, and other influential trail blazers.

I enjoyed History as well, (but in this school, they always seemed to tie God into every Historical event).

In another reply here in this thread I learned of some funny things that a few of you did in school as maybe a way to express your personality.

I did a few funny things.

One that I recall the most was this:

My Principle who also happened to be the preacher of our church was a handsome Devil. Oh, I had impure thoughts of him for sure. Jet black hair nicely groomed and always in a wonderful suit. He had these blue eyes that you could drown in/get lost in.

I passed him in the hall one day and held up My compact mirror to his face. He asked Me what I was doing? I told him I thought he might be a Vampire and I wanted to see if I could get a reflection out of him.

I was booted out of that school two times. Once for losing My leather jacket and the administration finding an unopened pack of smokes inside. (I was lectured by the then Principle Mr. Mooring who happened to be obscenely obese). There I was told that the body was the temple of god and then I began to debate.

(This gets Me into trouble oft times so I am certainly trying to slow down).

I told him that obesity was a sin and that I could find it for him in the Bible. I could not find anything about Camel Filters however.

Poof. I'm out for a few days. My father actually wasn't upset with Me. Imagine that.

Next, I was kicked out for doing Tarot card readings in the Ladies Washroom. I was then deemed a 'Witch' and was even told that I was a self proclaimed Witch. News to Me. (Where is that laughing Devil face?)

Looking back on things as Witch TrojZyr says, I guess I wouldn't change much unless it was for the betterment of Myself.

Magister Svengali:

Your reply made Me smile. I had once read that you dropped out of school and who would know this after reading some of the most astute and intelligent words you pen?

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have enjoyed this thread.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302236 - 01/29/08 02:48 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Ghorth6]
Pact_Primeval Offline

I decided to dig deeper into my memories, and journey back before the seventh year, being primary/junior school.

A lot of people on this board so far seem to have at some point been members of one of the right hand path. An example being they were brought up that way and expected never to question it, but blindly follow it. 'Disciplined' even if considered its advesory.

I personally have never had religion forced on me by my parents (save one expression i will reveal later in this post), but my 'public school' however, did.
I was too young to stand up to my tutors, and not experienced enough to question it. I was not taught by my school that Christianity is a choice, or even that other faiths existed, i discovered that for myself.
I never participated in hymns (See i'm not even sure how it is spelled) and when I listened to any religious seminar presented by external speakers to the school, I was always asking why.
I knew in my flesh and mind 'how' I was, it was when i read the Satanic Bible recently i knew 'what' i was.
The Satanic Bible is the doorway to the left hand path defined, for all to reflect in should they be one with the text.
So the extent to my right hand path experiencr was that it was hidden, by lies and by broken promises of an afterlife rewarded for not following our carnal nature, and mental development.
Never expected to ponder to the why's, how's and what's. Only expected to sing along, listen intently, and learn to be peons to an multi-abusive way of life.

It was in a vulnerable location that i felt trapped. My education. My place of learning was defiled. As soon as i left that school, i felt free and walked the left hand path with a smile on my face.

Looking back, i can honestly say that what they did was not only immoral, but illegal. A public school in England was not, and is still not allowed to preach about an omnipotent god, as a public school in definition is that anyone from any religion, philosophy or belief can attend. It is open to the public after all.
My mother, a christian, did not agree with what they were doing. One who's quote is this. "You cannot wash the cross off of your head." which is her only signifier of forced belief. I simply reply. Hail Satan!
So to that, and everything in my primary school days i remember and cherish the experience as it led me to my first answers early on in life. I say again, Hail Satan!

Edited by Pact_Primeval (01/29/08 02:54 PM)

#302237 - 01/29/08 02:57 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Pact_Primeval Offline

I told him that obesity was a sin and that I could find it for him in the Bible. I could not find anything about Camel Filters however.

I lol'd. Then i lol'd some more. Then... I rofl'd.

#302256 - 01/29/08 04:12 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Nothing interesting at all about High School. I was 'one of the twins'. That was it.

Graduated with honors, majoring in JROTC and Telecommunications. Nothing special.

#302261 - 01/29/08 05:07 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

I was bullied a bit in elementary school, but nothing compared to the shit that goes on these days. I had a couple of strong friendships, one of which survives to this day.

High school for me was pretty uneventful but not unpleasant. I was a well behaved student, had a few good friends and got along with pretty much everyone. I was a metal-head along with a few others, so I guess that made me different than most, but I don't think anyone gave a shit about that kind of stuff. At least that's my experience. Others at the school might disagree.

I never had a teacher that I really disliked. I actually have quite fond memories of many of my teachers.

It was Catholic school so some of that bullshit was annoying, like getting hounded to go to confession, religion class and stuff like that. But all in all, I don't have any bad memories. I don't have any stories that would qualify as "interesting" either. If I think of one I'll let you know.

My first HS math teacher was hot, though.

#302283 - 01/29/08 07:18 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I enjoyed your response/reply as well. I wonder what it would have been to go to an all female Private School......then again, it could have been worse. Women seem to be a bit less forgiving when it comes to appearances and name calling/finger pointing.

Thanks for reading my reply. And actually, I've heard almost the opposite from women who have gone to all-female schools or stayed at an all-female dorm in college. Two boys who can't stand each other sometimes climax in an after school fist fight, after which they strangely often become good aquaintences. But as I understand it, there's often some really, really ugly stuff going on behind the scenes when women are all put together (psychological torture, ostracizing, etc.). And they do this even while smiling to each other when they meet face to face.

Quote:
I did not stress in My original post that I actually liked most of My teachers. (They were Christers yes,) but highly educated and graduated from esteemed Colleges and did have much to teach if one wanted to learn.

In my entire 20 years of academics, I must say that the Xavarian Brothers/monks were some of my best teachers. These were guys who had a passion about the subjects they were teaching, lectured extremely well, and could easily teach it without the text book if they had to. In fact, the text book was just often a formality.

Quote:
We had a religion class but it was much different than the one you spoke of. You HAD to believe or you failed, period!

I had to take a semester of a combined Hebrew/Christian scriptures class, which was pretty much a pure objective study. Then for sophomore year we were all required to take a full year of "Church History". That was a combination of Catholic history, learning about missionaries, and doing projects where you got to give your personal views. The teacher even let me have a whole period one day to just talk about my beliefs and religious views at the time.

Also as I mentioned, I took a World Religions class (where I routinely brought in stuff of mine to share with the class, like my Gautama statue or copy of the Bhagava Gita) and an Ethics class that included a lot of study of formal logic. Those two were semester-long classes, and I took two others to fulfill my requirements. One was "Relationships", which dealt with marriage, sexism, and sex ed. from a practical adult view. The other was "Death & Dying", where we talked about euthanasia, Elizabeth Kuber-Ross stuff, the funeral business, etc.

One other thing I forgot to mention about my school: we had fewer days than the public school. We started a little earlier, but we got out in May while the public high school was still going through the ENTIRE month of June. Never mind all the strange Catholic holidays we had off in between. The work load was intense, but again, it was worth it.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302314 - 01/29/08 10:10 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: ]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
If it says anything about the state of the education system, I remember getting into an argument with my science teacher, about how apes and other primates share a common ancestor with us.

\:D I recall getting into an argument with my 3rd grade teacher. We were studying islands. She admitted that Australia was an island, but refused to believe that Tasmania even existed (so it certainly couldn't be an island). According to her it was a figment of the Warner Brothers' imagination and where the cartoon character called the Tasmanian Devil was from. Imagine her surprise when I pointed it out on the map. Better yet, when I showed her a picture of a REAL Tasmanian devil the next day (I used to read my animal encyclopedia as a bed time story every night) ... and I was supposed to learn something from her?

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#302315 - 01/29/08 10:15 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: G.F.V.]
vixyur Offline

Loc: Minnesota
I guess my high school experience was a lot different form other. It was some of the best years of my life. Although it's not like I actually went to school. I tried to attend the minimum to allow me to pass, but it still took me an extra half year to graduate.

My last years were the best. I'd sleep in until 9-10, then wake up and see who was in my house. When I got up, we'd decide what we were going to do for the day. I met new people every day.

I treated people in a truly satanic way long before I knew what I was doing. I welcomed all with honesty and respect, and those who treated me otherwise in my home regretted it in many ways. Before reading the satanic bible, I started my own religion with a close group of friends. And by no surprise it was almost exactly like Satanism. I was straight edge, and stayed pretty much legal even though many of those around me were not.

Every day we partied, adventured, and had one hell of a good time. Every day I woke up, and asked my friends "what should we do today." Anyone’s idea was considered and we just worked on consensus. Our group was open to all. We had jocks, geeks, nerds, and rejects. We had friends of every race and creed. We treated all fairly as long as they did as well. For those that didn't they faced our wrath.

It was the most adventurous and educational time of my life. We would do anything from taking a road trip to a strange place 4 hours away, to going bowling. Parties were a regular thing, and so were field trips to new places. One day we drove out to the country because someone claimed he knew where some pigs were that were the size of cows. None of us believed him but he was right. Hiking, visiting malls, or heading downtown, anything new was fair game, the newer the idea the better.

Then there were times that I will never forget. A new friend had a grandmother in the hospital. So she and about a half dozen of us showed up at her grandmother’s bedside to give her support. Grandma wasn't happy about us skipping school, but the joy of having visitors in her last days and seeing that her granddaughter had such loyal friends made up for it plenty.

I even met my wife, now of 15 years, while skipping school. It was my future wife’s first time skipping school. One of my friends wanted to go visit their little brother in middle school and give him a note. So we did. Skipping high school to sneak into a middle school during the middle of the day doesn't make much sense to me even today. But it turned out to be my first date with my wife, and it's another time I'll never forget or regret.

Yea, I was arrested a few times for truancy. And then there was the time, one of the few days that I was actually in school, that the cops came into school to arrest me for statutory rape of a 12 year old. Sitting in a cell I couldn't help but laugh. Want to see a cop get more pissed than you could ever imagine? Just laugh at his face when you're accused of raping a 12 year old girl. Of course I was no idiot. I did not rape a 12 year old. She was taken to a hospital where the doctor took one look and explained to the police that she was a virgin. I was let go that night, and was still laughing.

In the view of my enemies, I became a wrath that few chose to face. I hardly ever had to take action against anyone as somehow my reputation preceded me. I guess having the cops pull you out of class to arrest you makes an impression on people. They never knew why I was arrested. For all they knew, they could have thought I killed someone. And for those that thought I did, I didn't do anything to deter the rumors. But those close to me knew the truth.

There were a lot of people who treated us like crap. But since I didn't care about them, I honestly didn't give a damn what they though of us. We went on and had the times of our lives without them. Life's about living, not worrying about what others think of you, and that has always been what I've done. I have no regrets. Now that I'm older with a wife and kids, I can't be quite so outgoing. But every now and then I still take a road trip. I don't make any plans, I just pick a random direction and go, and then I see what life has to offer.

Edited by vixyur (01/29/08 10:19 PM)

#302334 - 01/29/08 11:55 PM Gym Class Follies. [Re: Evil_Eve]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I used to get a kick out of Gym class . Here's a few you'll all enjoy.

I recall a time where a Volleyball game was getting really intense. At one point when I was standing in the center not too far from the net, I saw the ball coming my way. I ran full speed and spiked the ball so hard it knocked a boy back into a girl running sideways. Both fell on the ground causing my team to erupt in laughter.

Once, we were playing with Golf clubs and plastic balls. Since I was more experienced with real Golf clubs than the average high-school student, the ones provided in class were really hard to use; they were slippery as could be. It proved right on my very first swing when the club went flying across the gym. After about a dozen supbar swings and shots, it happened again. This time it bounced off the backboard of a basketball net and came right down hitting another in the head. I never in my life saw so many people fall to the ground laughing before or since.

Edited by RobMan (01/30/08 09:38 AM)
Edit Reason: Should have payed more attention to my Grammar. C-

#302335 - 01/30/08 12:06 AM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: AurEum]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Quote:
Imagine her surprise when I pointed it out on the map.

I once took a piece of goldstone to grade school and my teacher/principal actually made fun of me because he thought I was claiming to have the philosopher's stone. He once waited until after phis-ed to call my attention in class so everyone could see my "cold sweat".

That was the same teacher who told my class the male lion hunted for the entire pride. He always kept up-to-date with his (20 year old) books. I had to put up with this guy for 2 classes during 3 years, plus a few comments he made about me to my sisters class later on.

Now his son is in rehab, he got divorced, LIVES IN THE SCHOOL, is the janitor and lunch guy too. He'd be out on his ass if he weren't owning the building.

#302494 - 01/30/08 03:09 PM Re: Gym Class Follies. [Re: G.F.V.]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I think I have a belly ache after reading your response. I wish I could have been there to see it all unfold......

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302572 - 01/30/08 07:27 PM Re: Gym Class Follies. [Re: G.F.V.]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: RobMan
Both fell on the ground causing my team to erupt in laughter.

I never in my life saw so many people fall to the ground laughing before or since.

Schadenfreude!

#302911 - 01/31/08 06:25 PM Re: Gym Class Follies. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Highlights and memories (elementary school):

*Early elementary school, first go-round: Every playground inevitably has places that you aren't supposed to go, because they are dangerous, and because the teachers can't see you there. Naturally, these were the places I loved the best, because they were quiet, private, wild (because no one bothered to trim the plants and mow the grass in these areas), and, of course, forbidden.

One of these places was an ivy-overgrown alley between two little cottage-like buildings at the far end of the playground. Whenever I walked in this alley, I felt as though I was just entering into an enchanted forest. One winter, I stood in this alley, studying the ice that had frozen around the dead ivy vines, and admiring my own grey puffs of undulating liquid breath.

One spring, I went into my beloved ivy alley as usual, and another kid followed me in. He began to berate me about being there, because it wasn't allowed. Then, behind him, in the distance, I saw the teacher. As the kid whined and begged and lectured, I pressed myself deep into the ivy and waited. The teacher appeared suddenly in the entrance of the alley. She told the boy no one was allowed there, and whisked him away, while he babbled and kvetched.

This was also the playground where a boy and his mates spent a whole day trying to steal the hood of my coat. We'd been building little models of the Navajo burial space in class, and I nonchalantly told the boy that when he died, he was definitely going to Hell. I didn't mean this in a particularly malicious or mean way; I was just being honest. He was an annoying boy who got on the teacher's nerves a lot. So, at recess, he decided to get back at me. I spent much of that recess reluctantly clinging to the mother of one of my friends, who was none the wiser. She had bright, frizzy red hair and smoochy, blood-red lips. Sometimes, I'd wander away, and the boy would come back with his friends, ready to steal my hood, and I'd run back to the woman. I didn't take it personally, because it was an interesting challenge for me. Eventually, my hood fell off of its own accord after being yanked at, and when my mom noticed I didn't have it on me when she picked me up, she went to look for it, and found it hanging in a bush.

My second elementary school had two main forbidden places. One was behind a shed at the far end of the playground, the other was behind a long and grassy berm along the fence. I liked to go crush rocks into powder and clover leaves into mush with big stones behind the shed, pretending to be a witch or a medicine woman. I really loved the little ditch behind the berm, because it was much deeper than it looked from the outside, and it was wild and lush and grassy, and filled with plants that grew nowhere else on the playground. One day, I decided that I was going to build a lean-to there, and "live" there forevermore.

A girl in my class told me to stop going there, because it was dangerous, and said she'd have to tell the teacher if I kept it up. I figured I'd been caught, so one day I went to disassemble my lean-to, the girl saw me, and she tattled. I spent the rest of the recess sitting at one of the naughty tables.

Offhand, I can think of maybe 5 recesses I had to spend there, and many more recesses that I hung out there of my own free will, because one friend of mine was always getting into trouble. Each kind of situation required its own response.

Now, when I was sent to the naughty table, I didn't want to give the teacher any satisfaction, so I always made a very deliberate point of stretching myself out on the benches in a loose and lazy way, and pretending that I was absolutely loving the sun and adoring the view. I didn't mope and I didn't scowl. If a teacher looked at me, I smiled. I felt very proud of myself for being such a grand actor and so strong in the face of attempted torture.

If you're friend's at the naughty table, you have to be sneaky. The table doesn't have visiting hours, after all. I'd have to wait until the teachers were looking elsewhere, and then wander over in a wide circle, sit low on the other side of the table, and talk quickly, while watching the teachers closely. If the teachers got jumpy, I would get up, made another big circle, and come back.

Besides being sent to the naughty table for going where I shouldn't have, I also ended up there at least a couple of times for "disobedience" or having a "smart mouth" (but I didn't always understand what I'd done wrong), and once in 5th grade for not singing during during our class' performance in the assembly. That morning, my class had gotten up and sung a bunch of songs in Latin, while wearing cute little bedsheet togas. Besides not really knowing the words very well, I kept having problems with my toga. I think I spent most of the performance mouthing a few words, and then trying to quietly and subtly keep my toga on, because I was sure my teacher was going to pitch a fit if I did any kind of strip tease, accidental or not. Later, the teacher yanked me aside, told me she'd seen that I hadn't been singing, and sentenced me to a full recess at the table. I wanted to tell her that she shouldn't have been watching *me* for the whole thing anyway, because it was creepy of her, rude to me, and rude to my classmates, but by 5th grade, I'd learned a thing or two about keeping my mouth shut, especially around this lady, because she absolutely hated me, and used any minor infraction as an excuse to blow up and accuse me of full-blown disobedience and rebellion. Seriously, this was the lady who called in the principal because my thermos leaked, because she was sure I was doing it deliberately.

I have more stories about her, and another teacher or two, but that's for another day, perhaps.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#302916 - 01/31/08 06:45 PM Re: A blast from the past....how were you treated in School? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

I was bored and I couldn't wait to get out of there. I would draw in class when I already knew the material being lectured on. Most of my teachers were just glad to have someone who understood the material and didn't care but, of course, some teachers got pissed off with this. Seems kind of stupid to me - if I know the material and I'm getting good marks, what difference does it make if I'm doodling in my book versus staring straight ahead and zoning out while it gets repeated ad nauseum for the rest of the class?

This was a problem even in my art class in Grade 12, where the instructor had 3 different years in one period (Art 10, 11, 12) and we all had to do the same dumb assignments and not work on our own things. This when the Art 12 students were supposed to be preparing portfolios for art school admission! I dropped that class for a study break, and while I obviously couldn't paint in the library, I got way more useful drawing work done hiding in the corner desk there than in the actual art class. \:\/

I hated high school at the time, but now when I look back on it it wasn't too bad. I was probably more popular than I realized, being friends with the nerds and the art freaks, but also with a few of the cheerleaders and the jocks. And of course the metalheads.

I got some ribbing, but nothing too terrible, and mostly the kids who picked on me were the ones desperately trying to be popular but who really weren't, and I guess they hated me because I was good at everything and I was friends with the popular girls without really caring one way or the other.

Elementary school was living hell, however, especially the four years spent in Catholic private school. Being the first to grow boobs sucks in a patriachical, misogynist system where the boys who harassed me were given carte blanche but where I got a week's detention for throwing a snowball at one of them when he just wouldn't leave me alone.

I skipped an awful lot of school during those years by pretending to be sick so I could stay home and read.

I still wouldn't mind opening the paper to see a headline about that school having been blown up. A gal can dream, right?

Back in public school, Grade 6 was much better with a really great teacher, but then Grade 7 saw me stuck in a psycho evangelist bitch's class. The only good thing about that was that her health was terrible and we often had subs.

#303028 - 02/01/08 03:27 AM The past, but not always a blast [Re: Evil_Eve]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I was very quiet during m short time in public high school. I got picked on a lot too. Going to the woods to explore under rotting logs and poking around the streams in northern Virginia were much more appealing to me and I was always thinking about my next adventure outdoors. I had no desire to fit in, just the desire to be left alone. I was always bigger than my "peers" so not being noticed was difficult.

In one of my classes, the teacher would pick on me because of my California accent, whatever that was, and she turned her back when the 3 bullies in class would walk by me and punch my arm. There were bruises on my biceps that stung constantly. I was ashamed. One day without really any warning, I changed. It occurred to me that I was indeed bigger than most of those clods and had to do something. After getting laughed at and punched in the arm again, and the teacher doing nothing, I got up in the middle of class and punched one of the bullies in the face. His glasses flew across the room and he cried.

The harassment stopped immediately. Imagine that.

I hated that place with every cell in my body.

Then I went to boarding school and everything was different. It was an opportunity to rework how people saw me. With the hell of public school behind me, I could pursue the things that interested me. We were all under scrutiny and there was very little opportunity for people to be bullies or slack-offs. Sure there were assholes but they were much easier to deal with. The biggest difference from public school, aside from the fact that I didn't have to live at my public school, was that I was respected. It was a great experience and I met some of the closest friends I've ever had.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406349 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements