Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#301074 - 01/24/08 09:55 AM What makes us different?
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
Now and again, I ask myself what makes people different from each other, that is, excepting the obvious “physical” differences.
I have spent all of my youth in Catholic and Opus Dei schools and universities and, suddenly, hearing those people talk about their own excellences, their own and only “true” God, beliefs and so on, I wondered, HOW could they be as sure as they were of their “uniqueness”.
Every single religion in this Planet teaches that their God (or deity or whatever they may believe in) is the ONE AND ONLY true God. I have got to know many religions during my life (Islamism, Catholicism, Protestantism, and some other –isms) and they all have this in common. Each one thinks to be much better than the next and to be the ONLY TRUE religion.
So, already some time ago (over 15 years), when I first got to know Satanism, I just approached it in a quite sceptic way or, if you will, trying to adopt a very “objective” point of view, obviously thinking that Satanism would also claim to bear the one and only truth about every single thing in this Earth.
My surprise was obvious as I read The Satanic Bible. For the first time I got in touch with, possibly, the first “HUMANIST” religion I got to know. As far as I know, there is no other religion existing nowadays as much focused on the Human being, it’s needs, impulses and instincts as Satanism. And even promoting them.

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!

The Satanic Statements 1 and 8 by Dr. LaVey caused a deep impression on me, specially me coming from an environment FORCING people to do exactly the opposite!!! Forcing people to be ashamed of our animal nature and instincts.
To me, the Nine Satanic Statements made me see the truth for the very first time and, to me, this is precisely one of the most important subjects that makes us different from all other existing religions, beliefs, cultures and so on.
Useless to say that, on that very day, I embraced Satanism, not only as my belief, but as my form of life, for over 15 years now, and it’s been 15 years of nonstop learning.
Obviously, there are far too many ideas concerning Satanism that makes Satanism totally revolutionary to the herd, but they are too many to mention in just my little contribution here so, I am very curious to hear what do YOU think, makes us Satanists different from others?

Hail Satan!

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#301080 - 01/24/08 10:19 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Ghorth6]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I don't talk for every Satanist, but in my personal case I can tell you what makes my religion different than all the others.

Unlike them, I have seen and touched my God.

#301081 - 01/24/08 10:21 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Ghorth6]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Ghorth666

Obviously, there are far too many ideas concerning Satanism that makes Satanism totally revolutionary to the herd, but they are too many to mention in just my little contribution here so, I am very curious to hear what do YOU think, makes us Satanists different from others?

Hail Satan!

Being described herein: http://www.amazon.com/Satanic-Bible-Anton-Szandor-Lavey/dp/0380015390

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#301082 - 01/24/08 10:23 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Old_Pig]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

You pervert.

#301084 - 01/24/08 10:24 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Old_Pig]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
Satanism doesn't have a metaphysical "explanation" of the world that you are required to believe in.

#301086 - 01/24/08 10:32 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Assabrah]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Assabrah
 Quote:

You pervert.

#301087 - 01/24/08 10:36 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

hell, after the introduction of the book, comes the harsh reality of people having no grasp. That's thanks to this quote below that I see how a Satanist can obviously see the difference :

"( Amazon ):"The last portion is mostly "black magic". I found this especially strange as most Satanists are atheists or agnostics themselves (worshiping Satan as a concept, not as an actual creature) and I would think this portion fo the book to be totally unnecessary. Perhaps LeVay included it to make his book appealing to an even wider audience"

Voilà, at least the 70% of people saying that they have read the book. Sad.

Edited by Assabrah (01/24/08 10:37 AM)

#301102 - 01/24/08 11:28 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Ghorth6]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I think Magister Nemo explained marvelously why Satanists are different from others here:

What is it that the Satanist has in our modern movement that truly delineates “us” from “them”? It is not our endearment to the symbols and costuming, the theatre of the dark side. Heavy metal rock fans do this also. It is not our embracing of a philosophy based upon rational self-interest or the glorification of the human carnal elements of Man. The philosophies of Objectivism and Humanism also meet these criteria, respectively. It is not our practice of ritual magic that makes us unique. There are all too many Wiccans, Odinists, Crowleyites and others engaged in these practices. No, it is our total rejection of any external diety or dieties including Satan which makes our movement take a vital and unique place in the stream of current events. - Magister Nemo, "Satanism Needs An Enema!"

#301103 - 01/24/08 11:37 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Callier]
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
Hadn't read that one! Thanks a lot for that, Callier.
But anyhow, my post was not so much a question, but the curiosity to hear different ideas and oppinions from the members here. I'm pretty sure every single member has a different approach and idea about what differentiates us Satanists from the herd. I was trying to focus it a little bit on that specific direction. Anyhow, maybe I was unable to express myself clearly enough (sorry for that).

H.S.

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#301112 - 01/24/08 12:26 PM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Ghorth6]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

What makes me different from others is the fact that I'm not guilty of whatever I naturally do. Others hate themselves for doing what comes naturally for them. Or worse, their belief in a pearly gated heaven and scorching hell prevents them from being truly happy.

Satanism represents my freedom as an individual but there are consequences for my actions. If I make a mistake, I have no one else to blame but myself. Others will jump in the fire, get burned and then point the finger at the Devil.

Being a Satanist also means being elite. I won't settle for anything less. I don't tolerate mediocrity. I place my full potential in everything I do that's productive. Others see every man and woman as equal. No matter how much or little they contribute to their cause.

I love myself. I'm so great that I couldn't imagine to put anyone including some non-existant deity before me. I'm egotistical. I make things happen instead of praying for blessings. Others can't even look in the mirror because they know they're dirt!

#301113 - 01/24/08 12:28 PM being aware of the balance. [Re: Ghorth6]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
I'm pretty sure every single member has a different approach and idea about what differentiates us Satanists from the herd.

Greetings Ghorth666,

I have a precise opinion about this.

Yes, any individual has of course a different approach about walking on the Left Hand Path. But there are also some points that are also in common. For example, this "law of the balance" :

The balance is everything in nature, and the Satanist is aware of this reality. The awareness of the balance answers to many things that the herd calls by different names- because their blind beliefs and myths.

The Satanic Bible is a wonderful definition of this polarity working, this + and - being the "dynamo" of the earth.

Edited by Assabrah (01/24/08 12:29 PM)

#301127 - 01/24/08 01:09 PM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Assabrah]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
 Originally Posted By: Assabrah

"( Amazon ):"The last portion is mostly "black magic". I found this especially strange as most Satanists are atheists or agnostics themselves (worshiping Satan as a concept, not as an actual creature) and I would think this portion fo the book to be totally unnecessary. Perhaps LeVay included it to make his book appealing to an even wider audience"

Voilà, at least the 70% of people saying that they have read the book. Sad.

What's really sad, is that many of the people coming to these boards, claiming the title Satanists, have this approach.

#301132 - 01/24/08 01:32 PM One word: [Re: Ghorth6]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Magic.

#301256 - 01/25/08 06:01 AM Re: What makes us different? [Re: Ghorth6]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
What makes us different?
or
What do we all have in common?

The Satanic Bible

#301260 - 01/25/08 06:31 AM Re: One word: [Re: $lesk]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: Slesk
Magic.

In a sense, it is religion gone full circle. It all began with paleolithic "hunter magic" and the creation of "total environments" to this end and purpose. Ceremony and ritual was economically focused on the purpose of ACHIEVING something quite specific. Since then religion has become obese with the most unbelievable bullshit and nonsense, until Satanism finally crystallised as the end product of this evolution, and the "grand unfying theory" of nature and culture.

What makes Satanists different is that we ARE nature, but relate to culture pretty much the same way that the paleolithic hunters related to THEIR environment.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12088 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405448 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements