Trau Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia

"Ha, Ha. I've never seen anyone suck as bad at this as you!" SGT Anderson

"There's no duck! There never HAS been a duck!" Meme

#301839 - 01/28/08 12:26 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
DaggerJack Offline

Loc: California, USA
You know, as long as its legal in a fashion (and I bet you could call spitting in the face assault, with AIDS and such about) I whole heartedly agree with the sentiment of this article. I propose the asshole amendment to legalize the physical punishment of assholes by the public.

#301853 - 01/28/08 01:36 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
That's not even a fistfight. It's instant karma.

This is actually a serious issue. It is not too long ago that the natural, quick way of responding to insults of a certain degree would be to punch the motherfucker on the nose and be done with it - and nobody saw anything unnatural or wrong with this.

Some things beckon rage - and rage needs to be expressed.

This way or that way.

Of course, nowadays you have to worry about being sued for damages, being criminally prosecuted for violence, and on top of it all probably have to suffer some kind of "educational" program - such as some psycho anger managment classes, etc.

You might as well bite it there and then - before going home to unload this emotional cargo by flaming all such fucking retards with your most passionate hatred, in ritual.

But it just doesn't satisfy in the same way that the old school correctional method of a punch on the nose would do. Also, people were in general much more careful about what they said and did back when they knew that there would be repercaussions, and that they would arrive CIF really fast...

#301875 - 01/28/08 05:40 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Max Faust]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

I think I'm with you on this one. The days of 'playground justice' are gone, and with it, any sort of accountability.

When I was growing up, If I were to tell a larger kid to "screw off", I knew what was coming next. I understood what the consequences would be, and either planned for it or learned from it. Now, you've got a lot of pencil necks who KNOW they can get away with running at the mouth, mud-checking you, or whatever. It's a shame. Any more, you're supposed to feel shame for being mightier than the 'other guy' - regardless of how a situation started.

#301886 - 01/28/08 07:19 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Drakein Offline

Is it really illegal to give the guy that directly provoked you what he asked for?

#301892 - 01/28/08 07:45 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Thanks.
Now I remember why I stay home and shun group activities.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#301895 - 01/28/08 08:05 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Drakein]
Trau Offline

CoS Member

I think each situation will have a different set of circumstances - truthfully, the lawyers figure that out. Unfortunately, in this situation, I have a feeling the guy administering the ass-whoopin' will be the one getting charged...

#301898 - 01/28/08 08:13 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Gee, who would ever think you'd come across any assholes in a bar?

Now I'm glad I don't go out drinking as much as I used to. I have to deal with enough shitheads every day at work, I sure as hell don't want to deal with them on my leisure time.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#301905 - 01/28/08 09:20 AM Assault [Re: Max Faust]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
However satisfying it may be on a visceral level, please note that Satanism counsels VERY STRONGLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY AGAINST assault or other violent crime.

In most jurisdictions you are allowed to use violence ONLY in self-defense, and then, ONLY in proportion to the threat. ("Proportion" means, you only use as much violence as you need to make yourself safe, and no more.)

There are other ways to deal with assholes in public. Get creative with your language, or talk to the proprietor or a cop who might be handy.

Edited by reprobate (01/28/08 09:20 AM)

#301927 - 01/28/08 10:48 AM Re: Assault [Re: reprobate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: reprobate
However satisfying it may be on a visceral level, please note that Satanism counsels VERY STRONGLY and UNAMBIGUOUSLY AGAINST assault or other violent crime.

Exactly. Thus, the staying at home and avoiding group activities thing, minimizing contact with...you know. Not that my presence is that great a thing; but, if I am inclined to gather, that is saying a lot. Party of one: Priceless.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#301929 - 01/28/08 11:29 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: spook show]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I feel exactly the same way.

Most barfights break out over the most ridiculous situations, ranging from looking at one's girlfriend, sitting "too close" to someone, accidentally spilling a drink, or just plain old "I'm drunk, tougher than you, and want to kick your ass because I'm the man" type of nonsense.

I prefer buying my own alcohol and drinking it at home on my own time. I don't have to worry about idiots making loud noise, singing terribly to a jukebox, picking random fights, or playing their petty dominance games.

#301933 - 01/28/08 11:55 AM Re: Assault [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
 Quote:
Party of one: Priceless.

And you don't have to worry about not knowing anyone there. \:D

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#301934 - 01/28/08 11:57 AM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: G.F.V.]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>I prefer buying my own alcohol and drinking it at home on my own time.

I find drinking on my own time in the comfort of my own home the most rewarding. Perhaps even at a friend's house with some good conversation.

I have gotten snotty comments from some, "You drink at home by yourself? That is a bit lonely isn't it?" My reply, "Sure beats being around monkeys and their monkey problems."

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#301938 - 01/28/08 12:09 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
I understand the comments made about avoiding the idiots and the headache that comes with confrontation (legalities, etc). There is certainly alot to be said for choosing one's battles. But here's a small confession....

Some women actually like to see men fight.

Not necessarily in barroom brawls. May be in the boxing ring or the almost instant appeal of soldiers. May be a bloodthirsty primal animalistic instinct... I don't know. Smacking skin, cracking skulls, growls and grunts. The blood rushing in your ears and the adrenaline keying you up. I just really enjoy watching men beat the shit out of each other. Obviously, there is a time and place for everything though.

Not exactly on topic but I thought I'd throw that out there.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#301939 - 01/28/08 12:11 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Shade]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Some women actually like to see men fight.

So who do you want me to fight?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43648 Topics
404207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements