Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#301959 - 01/28/08 01:37 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Discipline]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
Awww, you say the sweetest things. ;\)
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#301974 - 01/28/08 02:43 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Lust Offline

"He did, and shortly thereafter, he loosed a throat pony into my face."

This is one I have never heard before...throat pony.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#302039 - 01/28/08 06:50 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Thanks.
Now I remember why I stay home and shun group activities.

LOL agreed. I have a master list of people I agree to associate myself with (including any real Satanists of course) and I'm compiling a list of total environment activities LOL!

Edited by ConquerOrPerish (01/28/08 06:55 PM)
Edit Reason: to add a second laugh!

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#302044 - 01/28/08 07:16 PM Exactly right. [Re: reprobate]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
And even if you are forced into defending yourself against an assailant, you had better assume that you will be going downtown and having to explain your actions to a judge in the morning.

"Might Makes Right" but the judge and police are more mighty than the macho fool who wants to just think with his fists.

The kind of people who do assume otherwise as a way of life are not known as Satanists.

They are known as convicts. ;\)

THE FIRE FROM WITHIN

Nemo On Satanism: Volume One
Satanic Sources - Print

My 9sense interview on Greater Magic:
http://youtu.be/PCcYWmeSkCI

#302055 - 01/28/08 07:47 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

A person is allowed a to use reasonable amount of force in self-defence. You still have to justify your actions, either to the PD or a Judge. I worked as a bouncer for four years, my experience tells me to stay at home with the wife and kids.

#302056 - 01/28/08 07:54 PM Re: Exactly right. [Re: Nemo]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
Magister Nemo, unfortunately, is right. A guy I work with just spent a weekend in jail. A drunk guy threw a drink in his face. He had the normal reaction of breaking the guys nose. For defending himself he gets a free room at Hotel Jail, and is facing a law suit for breaking the guys nose and whatever fines and and charges are going to be brought up. There was once a time of honor, now the world is full of weasels and its better just to stay home or among friends.

#302062 - 01/28/08 08:30 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Shade]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
You mean...like "some men" like to see a cat fight?

What!? I'm just saying...

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#302063 - 01/28/08 08:33 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
You mean...like "some men" like to see a cat fight?

What!? I'm just saying...

That, sir, is a spectator sport. In the running for the Olympics, I believe.

#302064 - 01/28/08 08:34 PM Re: Exactly right. [Re: Coyote]
Faded Offline

I believe I remember Magister Nemo talking about these "HIPPIES" in another post, And I agree: they are the black footed, hpyocrites.

My thoughts are that hippies tend to be known as pot smoking, peace loving dead beats. In the end they are just like any of us: Greedy, animalistic and human. He spit in your face because like some people in this world he felt himself above you somehow. I hate these types of people.

#302074 - 01/28/08 09:12 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Shade]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
I'm with you on this one sis

As to deciding "enough is enough" and taking action;
The last time this happened to me was in high school, in history class; a few boys decided to spit water on my friends and I.
The teacher who was present is one of the most helpless, weak, submissive women I've ever known.
She did nothing (welcome to the insider's truth of Israeli education).
So I got up and confronted them. One of them laughed in my face, so I slapped him (not very hard- just to make a point).
In response, he punched me in the head.

Being a woman, I must say this was a new situation for me, and I was quite stunned.
I should have expected this, but I really didn't.
When I was younger, and much taller than the boys, I used to kick the shit out of them when they got on my nerves (precious little me).
But at that time, realizing this is no longer the situation, I gave it up and called the authority that could handle it.

All that was done, eventually, is move those guys from my class.
I think they should have given them detention- but I know better than to expect real education.

Do I, in retrospective, wish I fought back?
Emotionally, I really really do- even if I'd surely lose.
But rationally I know I made the right calculation of what's best for me in the long run.

#302075 - 01/28/08 09:16 PM Re: In Defense of the Fistfight [Re: Trau]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
I wouldn't had asked them to stop clapping in the first place. That's just asking for trouble. I would've just left the place without saying a single word. I avoid fights as much as possible.

I do remember a few years ago when three gangbangers tried to jump me on my way home from work. I was just walking down the street minding my own business when a car with three passengers suddenly pulled up on the side of me.

I looked at them and just kept on walking. They rapidly got out of the car, surrounded me then asked where I was from. (as to what gang I'm affiliated with)

I know for a fact that I wasn't wearing any provoking colors (red or blue). I actually wore a 'Slipknot' shirt and a couple of metal spiked studded arm bands.

Telling by my apparel, these guys knew that me being from a gang was totally inapplicable. They just wanted to beat somebody up. Anybody.

I replied with the simple "I'm not in a gang. Leave me alone."

Now remember there are three of these guys. All of them started throwing punches to my face. They all missed. I dropped my cd player and just went into moshpit mode.

This went on for about twenty seconds. These guys are still swinging and still missing.

Unbelievable.

They were so lame that they had to grab me and throw me on the ground to overpower me. When I landed, I recieved a couple of kicks to the lower left thigh and one good fist blow to my forehead. They all ran off back into their car and drove off before I even had a chance to get a glance at their license plate.

The only damage done was getting my clothes dirty.

That's the only serious "fight" that I can recall ever being involved in.

If I was studying Satanism at the time, I would've handled the situation more creatively. I would've had all three of them turn right back around and drove off without fighting me at all. Or better, not even think about stepping out of the car in the first place.

#302085 - 01/28/08 10:07 PM Re: Assault [Re: reprobate]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Yes.

The law varies greatly with location.

In New York, for instance, a person has the LEGAL DUTY to FLEE.
When such flight is an option, one can (and often will) be arrested if he instead remains in confrontation to defend himself.

Compare this to legal application in Dallas.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#302099 - 01/28/08 10:49 PM Re: Or California [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
Our "Self-Defense Against Assault" laws state that it is lawful for one to defend oneself if they believe that he/she will suffer bodily injury.

The person being attacked may use such force up to deadly force if he/she believes it would be necessary to prevent bodily injury or death.

However, the use of excessive force against the attacker to counter the assault may result in criminal penalties.

On that note, we Californians don't take any shit! ;\)

#302108 - 01/28/08 11:27 PM O Canada [Re: Callier]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Here's the law in Canada, from sections 34-37 of the Criminal Code.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/showdoc/cs/C-46/bo-ga:s_3_1-gb:s_34//en#anchorbo-ga:s_3_1-gb:s_34

I am not a lawyer. This is for information purposes only.

Edited by reprobate (01/28/08 11:30 PM)

#302118 - 01/29/08 12:40 AM Re: Or California [Re: Callier]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>On that note, we Californians don't take any shit!

In terms of extremely liberal laws, we sadly do.

In terms of CCW (concealed carry) in most of the state we also eat up their liberal bullshit.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements