Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#304581 - 02/06/08 06:49 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: MagisterParadise]
Woglug Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
MagisterParadise thankyou for the link, I will get hold of a copy and have a read.

Then though investigation and study can the true truth of the matter be found.

#304611 - 02/06/08 09:15 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: inverted]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: inverted
 Originally Posted By: Risen08
What's wrong with Slayer?

Always thought they were better than Stryper...... \:>

Oh, Slayer is great! I was just saying that I'd definitely quote The Satanic Bible over Reign in Blood if I were writing a paper on Satanism ;\)

I listened to that whole album today at the gym, and I totally agree about who to quote. I'm on my second reading, one chapter a night (like good little christians are taught to do).

#304623 - 02/06/08 09:30 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: ]
Faded Offline

Initially I picked un Dr. LaVeys book when I was in highschool and neglected to read it until just a few years ago. Like any teenager I wanted to be a rebal, but when i actually read the book I liked what i heard and essentially I incorporated these values into my life. I have mixed beliefs, I always will, but satanism to was just so damn honest. I liked it.

#304895 - 02/08/08 06:20 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Woglug]
Drakein Offline

First, some guy in the school I used to go was going around giving tied packs of papers of The Book of Satan copypasted. Soon the floors had torn sheets scattered on and people would stomp on them in disgust. I picked a not very damaged pack when no one was looking, took it home and soon after graduation decided to read it. Then checked Britannica in the local library. Then the internet. Then got confused.
I got better.

#304958 - 02/08/08 01:10 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Drakein]
ryan MAIDEN Offline

Loc: SC USA
i was always interested in satan and a friend was like go read the satanic bible... so i did and everything just seemed to fit together

#305369 - 02/10/08 05:02 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: ]
homeboy Offline

Loc: san jose, california
i first recognized satanism thru my cousin and uncle. i dont know if they were CoS satanists, i doubt it, but growing up in my pre-teens following my older cousin around, my view on life and the world started to get molded, i didnt know about satanism until i was in the 7th grade, when my cousin told me about it. i had heard the word satan bfore, being raised christian, but my mind had already been conditioned to question authority and mainstream society. being the gangsters he and my uncle were, he still opened my mind to different music, and art while still runinng the street gangs. so in high school both my cousin and uncle caught life sentences for different things at different times.so having no one to turn to about it i have still always leaned towards satanism, not knowing anything about it, until recently i finally picked up the satanic bible,and solidified my way of thinking. i still dont know a lot about it, but thats why i joined this site, in hopes to educate myself on it. in my hood, satanism is still very looked down upon. therfore i dont know any other satanists that i can relate to, because i think mosts satanist dont come from my side of the tracks. but hopefully im wrong.

#305606 - 02/11/08 06:54 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: homeboy]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
This belongs in the intro section.

Please post a proper introduction.

If I may add--
 Quote:
. so in high school both my cousin and uncle caught life sentences for different things at different times.so having no one to turn to about it i have still always leaned towards satanism, not knowing anything about it,

It is just as well you learned nothing from them about Satanism. The very fact that they received life sentences greatly indicates that they either didn't understand our religion, or opted not to follow it.

Quote:
finally picked up the satanic bible,and solidified my way of thinking. i still dont know a lot about it, but thats why i joined this site, in hopes to educate myself on it

Here you may learn about individual Satanists and their Satanic interests. The Satanic Bible stands alone as a way to know if this religion is right for you.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#305622 - 02/11/08 08:21 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Ygraine]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
I was alone a saturday night, and I got to wonder about the history
of the fallen angel Lucifer, so I went on to wikipedia.org and red up, and after a couple of hours I was on http://www.churchofsatan.com, later I went and bought the Bible, and found this link on the site.

#305978 - 02/12/08 10:14 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Woglug]
fraggadaboom Offline

Loc: Florida, US
Satanism was, at first, a natural reaction for me.

I was raised to be Irish Roman Catholic, so much so that my mother was one of my catechism teachers. When I was twelve and studying for my Confirmation in the church, I received a letter from the archdioces stating that I was no longer welcome in Gods' house. I was excommunicated. Even if I said that I was sorry, or that I was wrong, I wouldn't be allowed to return.

I was so hateful after that, but it was a useless hatred. My anger and confusion and loss became all that I was, everything that I used to define myself. I thought that there must have been a mistake somewhere; not even Hitler was excommunicated. I tried to become all of those things that would make me the devil, I was already damned if I didn't.

The Satanic Bible, which I found at my public library in the reference section, showed me that this was okay. That I could use these feelings to be stronger and greater than I was. And so I do.

Thank you for your time,
Fragga

#305987 - 02/12/08 11:00 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: fraggadaboom]
L.ESCH. Offline

Loc: Scotland
In much the same way as everyone else, I was always interested in philosophy, religions, occult and anything that seemed far more fascinating and interesting than the stupid trends that most people I knew growing up were into. "Forced" religion played a part too - I was raised Catholic, but I knew from a very early age (about 9 or 10) that I didn't believe in all the nonsense being spouted by my teachers or by priests at Mass. Scotland is a country dominated by religion (Catholic or Protestant), which also ruins our beautiful game of football (long story - essentially 25th generation Irish immigrants still arguing over things which have long passed into history) and basically it made me sick. I wanted nothing to do with it.

So through reading Crowley, Austin Osman Spare, Peter J Carroll, George Gurdjieff, P.D Ouspensky amongst others, I eventually got "The Satanic Bible" when I was about 14. And that was the revelation I needed. I must admit I still find a lot of merit in the works of the authors mentioned, and still read as much as I can, but LaVey hit the nail on the head for me personally.

Also - maybe as expected - yes, I was and still am a Death-Metal fan and musician.... but the philosophy stands apart from the music as far as I'm concerned. It's far far beyond that. It colours every aspect of life as far as I'm concerned.

Besides, these days I find more of personal satanic merit in the music of King Crimson than most metal!

#305988 - 02/12/08 11:02 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: L.ESCH.]
Never Offline

Celtic - Rangers, eh?

#305989 - 02/12/08 11:07 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Never]
L.ESCH. Offline

Loc: Scotland
Exactly. If you ever go to an Old Firm match, even if the game is brilliant, you always come away feeling somewhat murderous and strongly contemplating purchase of an AK47.

Thank f*ck for TV (sometimes...).

#306010 - 02/12/08 01:07 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: L.ESCH.]
Never Offline

Not all death metal stand out from satanic lifestyle as much - I find Metallica-lyrics some of the same. I know it`s not death metal, but it`s better :p

#306016 - 02/12/08 01:50 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: fraggadaboom]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
We are all eager to hear about your excommunication from the Catholic Church.

However, before you tell us, you must post the required introduction in our introduction forum. Please do so before replying to or participating in any further discussions. Thank you.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#306028 - 02/12/08 02:30 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Magister_Harris]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Ditto for F.C.

Intro please.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics