Topic Options
#306032 - 02/12/08 02:40 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Ygraine]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Ditto for F.C.

Intro please.

Y~

Speaking of which, where has the intro forum gone? It seems to have vanished!

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#306033 - 02/12/08 02:43 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Scion]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Oh, realy?

Good, I thought I had been expelled from there.

#306034 - 02/12/08 02:43 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Scion]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed this.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#306039 - 02/12/08 02:49 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: spook show]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Maybe we've ALL been expelled from there - or something so hideous has arrived in the intro section that it's been quarantined off in a futile effort to contain it! Run everyone, run for you lives before the evil escapes and consumes us all!!!

Flees screaming from the forum to hide under his duvet

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#306045 - 02/12/08 03:06 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Scion]
L.ESCH. Offline

Loc: Scotland
I already introduced myself... where has the intro forum gone?

#306060 - 02/12/08 03:48 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: L.ESCH.]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: F.C
where has the intro forum gone?

Good question...it's gone! That's weird.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#306071 - 02/12/08 04:02 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Scion]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Scion
Speaking of which, where has the intro forum gone? It seems to have vanished!

Here. In this thread.

#306273 - 02/13/08 02:07 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Callier]
fraggadaboom Offline

Loc: Florida, US
I gladly reintroduce myself, although like F.C, I already have. I had mentioned bibliophilia with a touch of mania. Also, in certain social situations I use the term witch. I've had adventurers in theosophy, magic and misanthropy.
My excommunication was sudden. I was at Mass with my family, it was a Wednesday evening. I was approached by the Father, who told me that I was no longer welcome there but that I could be assured that my families' souls were safe. I ran, crying. What else would I do, I was twelve.
It's not exactly the sort of thing that one can fight. Holy Mother Church does not make mistakes.

I don't know why. I still don't know why. The answer that I received was meaningless. It must have happened for a reason. We, as humans, aren't worthy of knowing His divine plan. But you can have faith that he DOES have a plan! “I'm sorry that I can't offer more guidance at this time, my child.”
I'm afraid that I can't say anymore at the moment. I sometimes have trouble talking with others.
Thank you,
Fragga

#306277 - 02/13/08 02:38 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: fraggadaboom]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
I'll spare the back story and sum it up as confusion.

As far as discovering satanism it went like this. I had always had an interest in the occult and other reiligions. I read anything I could get on the subject. I was hesitant to pursue any studies in satanism due to rumors and other garbage I had been fed when I asked questions. For years I would always pick up The Satanic Bible and put it down without opening it. The Church of Satan website was something I would open up for a moment and then escape out of. Finally I decided enough was enough and started exploring the website.

After reading the essays and information there I was eager to find out more. That led me to this message board. I wanted to get a feel for the mindset. After a few posts (some of which I would sooner delete) I read The Satanic Bible. Afterwards I can honestly say I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin. In retrospect, I suppose you can stare into a mirror for only so long before you realize what's looking back.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#306278 - 02/13/08 02:39 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: fraggadaboom]
L.ESCH. Offline

Loc: Scotland
The old Catholic Way...

Guilt with a wee pinch of guilt thrown in too... and purple gowns. And then some guilt.

I honestly don't know how it has lasted so long.

As for a re-introduction, I'll post one if required... but let me know. My previous post explains how I came across Satanism.

#306299 - 02/13/08 06:05 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: L.ESCH.]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida

Quote:
As for a re-introduction, I'll post one if required... but let me know.

My bad! I missed a memo.

At this time an intro is not required.

Play on.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#306305 - 02/13/08 06:42 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Originally Posted By: Scion
Maybe we've ALL been expelled from there - or something so hideous has arrived in the intro section that it's been quarantined off in a futile effort to contain it! Run everyone, run for you lives before the evil escapes and consumes us all!!!

Flees screaming from the forum to hide under his duvet

It's the Devil's magic...

#306365 - 02/13/08 10:44 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Mr Avarice]
foreverlearning Offline

Well, I suppose this is as good a place for my first post as any.
I have been atheist for a long time now. As a kid I was forced by my parents to go to church. Being only a kid, I simply accepted anything an adult told me to be fact, and so I accepted God as a fact. When I grew older I began to think for myself and chose to be atheist.
My favorite song is Hotel California by the Eagles. I was shocked when I heard from a friend that the song was about LaVey, the Church of Satan, and all those no good devil worshipers that belong to the church.
Online I found many things in the song supporting what my friend had said, including rumors of LaVey being in a picture inside the CD. I researched LaVey and found links to the Church of Satan website. Was surprised to find that everything I 'knew' about the Church of Satan was incorrect, and even more suprised to see how many of my beliefs were the same. So now here I am to learn more about it.
I hope to get my hands on The Satanic Bible soon and maybe some other recommended readings.

Edited by foreverlearning (02/13/08 10:46 AM)

#306489 - 02/13/08 05:41 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: foreverlearning]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Rumors are rumors, and they fall by the wayside if you do a little research.*

Quote:
I hope to get my hands on The Satanic Bible soon

It helps.

*Roughly 10 seconds to find both articles.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#306529 - 02/13/08 08:24 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Woglug]
Autophilius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany

Extract from my answers to Question 2 in the Active Membership Application Part II on
http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Application.html

When I was a child in the 1980s, I read the book U. Bäumer: "Wir wollen nur deine Seele. Rockszene und Okkultismus: Daten - Fakten - Hintergründe". Bielefeld: Christliche Literaturverbreitung; Wuppertal: Ev. Gesellschaft für Deutschland, a christian fundamentalist book about Heavy Metal and the Satanism of Crowley and LaVey. As a christian it influenced me much: I avoided Heavy Metal and most popular music, but there were fantasies of being used as an altar at a black mass. When I split up with christianity because of its negative attitude towards sex and BDSM and the christians' contradition between praising charity and acting otherwise, my thinking about Satanism was transformed. I tried most of the music mentioned there and read the writings of Crowley and LaVey. When I found the internet in 1996, I found the homepage of the Church of Satan. That was very cool, because the organization became more real to me, from something far away mentioned in a book to something part of my world.

Yeah, Crowley is weird and not the founder of Satanism. But that Christian book isn't so bad, compared to usual propaganda of German christians on Satanism, who ususally simply tell that Crowley is the founder of modern Satanism and don't even mention LaVey. LOL. Maybe there are too many groups like O.T.O. in Europe.

Best wishes

Autophilius

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405796 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements