Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#306543 - 02/13/08 09:16 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Woglug]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

The Geraldo Rivera Show and Satanic Panic Propaganda!

I went to church in my teens of my own free will. All i learned is that god makes people feel guilty.

#306570 - 02/13/08 10:23 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Poetaster]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Poetaster
Rumors are rumors, and they fall by the wayside if you do a little research.*

Never the less, the urban legend lead somebody to reading up on the Church of Satan. Ditto I'm sure for the old Proctor & Gamble story. Misinformation aside, I think there's something to to be said about that.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#306573 - 02/13/08 10:45 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Bill_M]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
That's a good point, one that I didn't think about.

TouchŔ. ;\)

#306629 - 02/14/08 08:04 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Bill_M]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Misinformation aside, I think there's something to to be said about that.

Yep. I doubt anyone has become a Satanist because someone came up to him or her, handed him or her some accurate information and said, “Let me tell you about Satanism”. There is a bit of resourcefulness and curiosity about us.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#306676 - 02/14/08 12:22 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
I go from door to door.. don`t you guys?

#306681 - 02/14/08 12:38 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Never]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Never

*Knock,Knock*

"who's there"

" god "

"god who"

exactly

#306744 - 02/14/08 04:13 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Never]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA

I don't understand why people get all mad when I, a complete stranger, ring their doorbell at 9:00 AM on a Saturday, and tell them about a religion that says sloth can be a welcomed indulgence and "respect another's lair or don't go there".

But imagine trying to "witness" to the people who couldn't even make it into Jehovah's Witnesses? Boy am I glad we don't work like that.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#306754 - 02/14/08 04:53 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Bill_M]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
 Originally Posted By: Bill_M

I don't understand why people get all mad when I, a complete stranger, ring their doorbell at 9:00 AM on a Saturday, and tell them about a religion that says sloth can be a welcomed indulgence and "respect another's lair or don't go there".

Hah!
Some people, eh..

#306887 - 02/15/08 02:00 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Never]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I always thought it would fun to try it at christmas dressed as jesus collecting presents those without . Just to see how far playing on such guilt for charity could go . I laugh about it every year . One of these years though to many people might just ask one to many times for money, and I just might do it .

#410591 - 01/29/10 11:54 AM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: I'mPerfecting]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
I have never been interested in religion. You might say that I am a die hard atheist. It is impossible for me to not see the damage that organised delusion has caused over the years whenever some schmuck is speaking to me about all the good that has been done by this or that cult of religious fucknuts. I was aware of Satanism (meaning the existence of the CoS, the ToS, etc.) since a young age, but dismissed it as an even weirder sort of "rebound" thing that was suitable for drug-fuelled and sensationalism fuelled California hippies only. However, a large part of me is highly theatrical and psychodramatic. I dabbled in ritual magic. This and that. I found my thing in various manifestations of "art"... and it wasn't until I actually bothered to research the issue that I found the CoS to be founded in cynical intelligence rather than in the devotion of "beliefs". So I joined. And that's the story.

#410599 - 01/29/10 12:17 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: XUL]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
This thread is close to two years old. Please be mindful of the age of the thread you are contributing to before resurrecting it.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#410612 - 01/29/10 01:33 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Bruja]
XUL Offline

My bad. I didn't even look at the dates...
But how come it was on top of the recent topics list when I looked at it? And isn't it still a reasonable question? (Albeit a very predictable and, I can imagine, an endlessly boring one to the forum regulars.)

#410613 - 01/29/10 01:41 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: XUL]
M.D. Roche Offline
Banned

Loc: Albany, New York
Originally Posted By: XUL
I was aware of Satanism (meaning the existence of the CoS, the ToS, etc.)

Did you just put the Church of Satan alongside the Temple of Set? Oh boy.

The ToS doesn't describe itself as "Satanism", they use the term "Setianism", which basically translates to "Pretentious devil worshiping".

#410615 - 01/29/10 01:51 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: XUL]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

You seem to have unusual difficulty grasping the basic functioning of this board overall, from posting a non-question in the Questions Section (which only a tiny fraction of people ever do), to dredging up two year old dead threads (which, again, only a tiny fraction of people ever do), to initiating a new thread on a subject where there is already an incredibly active, current, and robust thread on that very subject (which, yet again, only a tiny fraction of people ever do).

Managing to combine these three different posting errors in so short a time is really a bit strange.

Just an observation. Maybe you are simply new at posting on message boards on the internet? If so, this is understandable.

Perhaps you should sit back and observe how things here work for a while. Simply a friendly suggestion, meant for your benefit, really.

#410616 - 01/29/10 01:54 PM Re: How did you came across satanism? [Re: Quaark]
XUL Offline

Originally Posted By: Daark

Perhaps you should sit back and observe how things here work for a while.

I think you have a point.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements