Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#302769 - 01/31/08 11:37 AM Brainwashed?!
Pact_Primeval Offline

Loc: Derby, England
I've been watching this chat show called Ricky Lake, where in this instance people claiming to be vampires come on and argue with their parents etcetera about why they want to drink blood.

One person in particular came on, and this is where my point developes. An Ex-vampire, claiming to be brainwashed into doing all these vampiric activities, performing rituals and being forced into doing things they didn't want to. So far so good? Not uncommon, but one more thing: "following the Satanic Bible".

Do these people actually exist in large numbers? Obviously chat shows will attempt whatever to get ratings, but i've heard about it elsewhere. People actually claiming to be brainwashed into following the Satanic Bible. I tried to tell a friend about it on ventrilo but i became speechless.

I might not be cultured in this area as much as others on this subject. Whether people drink blood or not i could care less, it's the drone syndrome i keep seeing, usually among the right hand path.

I imagine the members, magisters etc will likely have dealt with these people before, should they exist. If this is the case, in hindsight, i might be more comfortable being less open to the topic should anyone ask me what i am. These imbeciles don't help the Satanic movement and it rages me.

#302801 - 01/31/08 12:53 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I can see why nobody has answered you as of yet, but Hell, I will.

Quote:
I've been watching this chat show called Ricky Lake.

WHY? Why would you watch such an insipid Television show?

An Ex-Vampire eh?

There are nut jobs EVERYWHERE (your next door neighbor may have a jar of genitals in some formaldehyde down in his basement).

Many people like to place blame wherever they can. Look at some court trials on Court TV (now Tru-TV).

These people are mentally deranged sociopaths and should be seen as nothing less than that.

They belong in jail or in a padded cell.

Quote:
I might not be cultured in this area as much as others on this subject.

Correct. You are most certainly NOT.

Quote:
Whether people drink blood or not i could care less, it's the drone syndrome i keep seeing, usually among the right hand path.

WELL I CARE! I care a great DEAL! Why you don't bothers Me. What if one of these nut jobs cares to slit your throat or wrist to 'become more powerful'. ????????

Quote:
I imagine the members, magisters etc will likely have dealt with these people before, should they exist.

Correct. I laugh at these people daily. They are searching for anything. They find nothingness in the end which is exactly what they deserve.

Quote:
These imbeciles don't help the Satanic movement and it rages me.

I'm only a member. I am NOT an Agent. I am not a member of Hierarchy but I do know enough to say this:

The Church of Satan THRIVES. The Church of Satan needs NO help in movement. The Church of Satan has been doing swimmingly since it was founded by Our dear departed founder Magus LaVey.

We do not evangelize, We do not greet people door to door in white shirts with ties and those who are one of US find US.

The Church of Satan does NOT nor has never needed 'help'.
Our outstanding members speak for themselves and We have wonderful agents who speak with the media to tell the public the 'nitty gritty' of our Religion. Calm down. ;\)

I hope I didn't offend you. This is simply how it is.

The CoS has an outstanding reputation (regardless on who or who does not want to admit it). We are law abiding citizens. We are kind to those who deserve it and productive citizens.

Vampires.......

Look at My links below. Do some reading. \:\)

Edit: I noticed that you mentioned that these 'supposed' Vampires followed the Satanic Bible.

POPPYCOCK.

TSB is written in a way that anyone with a brain can comprehend.

The HOLY Bible (Eve laughs) has been translated in many a different form. Some feel that every word is LITERAL. Some....do what almost most do......they abide by those things written that they agree with and interpret the other parts in ways that allow them to lead their lives as they have always done.

How many religions do We have where the Preacher preaches from a KJV Bible?

Then......there are the re-written ones. Love those.

All of it is horse shit.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#302809 - 01/31/08 01:18 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I don't have TV. I find it is a waste of time. Anything on that is of any worth is usally teeming with commercials and other horseshit. Any of those talk shows are funny for about five seconds before they get tired. I like TV SHOWS, specifically, but not TV on a whole. If I had cable, it would be locked to Discovery.

Don't believe anything you hear.

Anything.

Especially if it concerns Satanism, which the vast majority of the population DOES NOT understand.

The "Vampires" you have seen on TV are no more real then the plastic teeth they put on in the morning, or the "scary" contact lenses they take out at night. The ones who go the extra mile and drink blood, etc. are devastatingly foolish. As Evil_Eve said, these people will never amount to anything past the fantasy that they envelope themselves in.

#302814 - 01/31/08 01:23 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Quote:
WHY? Why would you watch such an insipid Television show?

It was on the TV in the main room. I share a house. Rest assured i don't set it to my favorites. There is no justification beyond that.

Quote:
WELL I CARE! I care a great DEAL! Why you don't bothers Me. What if one of these nut jobs cares to slit your throat or wrist to 'become more powerful'.

There's better quality meat than me. Besides, I have locks on my doors. I'm not going to hunt each and every one of them down to make sure they don't eat me. I have more important things to do like brush my hair.

Quote:
Correct. You are most certainly NOT.

Than i'm glad there are those like you willing to reply. Learning can be fun.

Quote:
Correct. I laugh at these people daily. They are searching for anything. They find nothingness in the end which is exactly what they deserve.

Each to their own.

Quote:
I'm only a member. I am NOT an Agent. I am not a member of Hierarchy but I do know enough to say this:

and so on...

It's not that i want them to help the satanic movement, it simply doesn't make things any better. It doesn't need any help no, but still seeing people around willing to jump on it annoys me. I don't like what these stories do to those close to me who do not consider themselves Satanists or wish to spend time learning about the philosophies, that is my main concern. Because of that issues come up which i wont resolve ignorantly. Random people on the street, or internet? It doesn't bother me in the slightest. National television what my mother watches? Of course i'm going to have a dislike to it. I care about my mothers opinions and respect her.

Obviously this doesn't reply to everyone, but i imagine there are Satanists out there who choose not to be open for those reasons. I know people have the right to be open or not, but things like this are an influence towards it. It annoys me in the areas i cherish. Not on the whole.

Quote:
Look at My links below. Do some reading. \:\)

I'm always willing to read and learn. True, i have only read the one text 'The Satanic Bible' and i am currently reading 'The Satanic Rituals'.

As for taking offense? Not at all. I don't take offense to anything from people I don't know. Naturally what i write here is what you see of me, which might lead you to one of many conclusions. My conclusion so far of you, is that you are an intelligent person, and regardless of our differences, i thank you for your input.

Edited by Pact_Primeval (01/31/08 01:29 PM)

#302816 - 01/31/08 01:25 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: TheDegenerate]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Originally Posted By: Phosis
Don't believe anything you hear.

Anything.

I had my concerns on the matter, it's how easily they jump to the Satanic Bible that annoyed me. As i said in my other responce, my mother could get the wrong idea about me. One of the few people who affects me to that extent.

Cheers.

#302821 - 01/31/08 01:38 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
 Originally Posted By: Pact_Primeval
I've been watching this chat show called Ricky Lake

This is immediately where you post goes awry. Not only did you watch THIS episode you talk about, but you chose the words, "Been Watching" implying that you've been getting entertainment from that drivel possibly for a while.

Keep in mind the things on talk shows are pure entertainment.

What may quell your interests in watching day-time TV would be to drop your television (or "Telly" as you Brits like to call it) out of a second-story window and don't look back.

#302822 - 01/31/08 01:38 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
There's better quality meat than me. Besides, I have locks on my doors. I'm not going to hunt each and every one of them down to make sure they don't eat me. I have more important things to do like brush my hair.

Why would you be the hunter? You must realize that there ARE indeed hunters out there looking for blood. Maybe yours?

Quote:
Than i'm glad there are those like you willing to reply. Learning can be fun.

Brilliant. Learning is instrumental, and yes, to those of Us who love knowledge it is much fun.

Quote:

Quote:

Each to their own.

No, these people are not only to be laughed at (I should have stated that in My initial post) but they are also to be feared. Manics!

Quote:
It's not that i want them to help the satanic movement, i don't like what these stories do to those close to me who do not consider themselves Satanists

Create your own world and live in it. I understand about how Ma' or Pa' may harbor ill feelings against your religion but this is YOUR LIFE. ONE LIFE. ONE CHANCE.

Create the world you wish to live in. Care not what others say or think. You know the truth right? I know you don't wish to upset your Mother. I have the same problem with My Dear Father. HOWEVER, you need not discuss Satanic issues with her. You can remain a solitude Satanist and practice the way you see fit.

Secrets hold power!

Quote:
I'm always willing to read and learn. True, i have only read the one text 'The Satanic Bible' and i am currently reading 'The Satanic Rituals'.

That's lovely. Keep reading. I do it daily (whenever I can). \:\)

As for taking offense? Not at all. I don't take offense to anything from people I don't know. Naturally what i write here is what you see of me, which might lead you to one of many conclusions. My conclusion so far of you, is that you are an intelligent person, and regardless of our differences, i thank you for your input.

You're welcome.

Have a pleasant day.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302824 - 01/31/08 01:43 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
Pact_Primeval Offline

know that i have not disregarded your replies, there are very insightful.

I must go back to the cultured issue i brought up initially. I have never seen any of these people around me where i live. England seems to lack variety culture wise, either that or i just never see it. I will not dismiss your words of warning because of this, i may see or experience one of these people sooner or later \:\)

You have a pleasent day too, mine is almost over \:D

Edited by Pact_Primeval (01/31/08 01:45 PM)

#302825 - 01/31/08 01:51 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I have been to England several times but have never once sought out a Satanist.

There is nothing wrong with your culture. Many Satanist want to keep their religion a secret. Again, I say 'Secrets hold power'.

If you're looking for a mate with a Baphomet Tee Shirt on and yelling 'Hail Satan' after taking a shot of Brandy, then you might yes, be disappointed.

However, We seem to find our own. You don't need others to validate your religion (all though it is quite nice to be with like minded people).

Give it time.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302829 - 01/31/08 01:56 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
...about why they want to drink blood.

Haven't these people heard of hepatitis? AIDS? And other various bacterial/parasitic infections?

It seems more like a Christian thing, doesn't it (communion)?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#302831 - 01/31/08 01:59 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Shade]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Shade
...about why they want to drink blood.

Haven't these people heard of hepatitis? AIDS? And other various bacterial/parasitic infections?

It seems more like a Christian thing, doesn't it (communion)?

Sweet bald headed Christ you made Me laugh Shade.

Eve is still laughing.........

Edit:

Don't forget Shade that God created A.I.D.S. and Hepatitis for the Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302835 - 01/31/08 02:09 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
 Originally Posted By: Evil_Eve

Edit:

Don't forget Shade that God created A.I.D.S. and Hepatitis for the Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Huh... let me guess... Leviticus?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#302838 - 01/31/08 02:17 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Shade]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Ya know I love ya Shade.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302841 - 01/31/08 02:28 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
I could care less about such fools. They'll never come around me, much less will I allow such idiots around me, if it's avoidable at the time. They could jump in into an active volcano thinking that there'll be something for them on the "other side", and I wouldn't care.

The only time I would care is when they become a physical threat to my life, or make a threat to me or mine. Otherwise they only harm themselves.

Though I must say, the original post is still laughable. It actually made me think this post should have been in the humor forum. \:\/

Almost always, the only thing that is ever on my TV is the Military Channel, History Channel, The Science Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, and the Discover Channel. I rarely watch any other channels. When there's nothing of interest on those channels, the TV ends up being shut off. Almost anything else is pretty worthless. \:\/

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#302846 - 01/31/08 02:32 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ShadowDragon]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Note to self. Never mention Ricky Lake ever again. Possibly hide the remote.

#302848 - 01/31/08 02:35 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Yeah, you probably don't even want to mention TV around here. It is not a respected form of entertainment.

It's not your fault, really. Ricky Lake is much more popular over there than it is here. How could you know?

Have a lovely day.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#302849 - 01/31/08 02:36 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ShadowDragon]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Almost always, the only thing that is ever on my TV is the Military Channel, History Channel, The Science Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, and the Discover Channel. I rarely watch any other channels. When there's nothing of interest on those channels, the TV ends up being shut off. Almost anything else is pretty worthless. \:\/

Your forgot the Food Network. Man, I've baked a lot of goodies and shipped them out to fellow Satanist. I LOVE that channel.

But you're right, I don't watch much of anything else aside from those channels you mentioned.

Amazing, I have over 200 channels (I think) and nothing seems to be on. I usually read.

Volcano. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I challenge you to a Vampire war. I have plenty of minced garlic put into My Super Squirter.

Are you up for it?

(You and another certain few know exactly what I'm talking about) what a hoot that was.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#302850 - 01/31/08 02:39 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
Never mention Ricky Lake

What's wrong with Ricki Lake?

I don't ever watch "TV" at home, but I have to stay at hotels quite a lot so I watch whatever is on, and I must say I like that circus sideshow of unlikely tragedy.

#302854 - 01/31/08 02:47 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:
Hey, I challenge you to a Vampire war. I have plenty of minced garlic put into My Super Squirter.

Are you up for it?

:Holding pizza in lap.: Hey, no liquid garlic on my pizza, please. Maybe minced, maybe powdered, never liquid.

Edited by CravenDesmont (01/31/08 02:57 PM)

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#302859 - 01/31/08 03:07 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: RottenBonnie]
SSN Offline

Loc: South UK
 Originally Posted By: RottenBonnie
Yeah, you probably don't even want to mention TV around here. It is not a respected form of entertainment.

It's not your fault, really. Ricky Lake is much more popular over there than it is here. How could you know?

Have a lovely day.

Nooooo!! I really, sincerely hope you don't think all us people from the UK like Ricky Lake???? Or watch too much tv for that matter? Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush! We do drink alot of tea in this house though! ;\)

#302863 - 01/31/08 03:17 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Ravenhael

What is the "Satanic Movement?"

You don't know? You mean you haven't receieve your uzi and bandana in the mail yet?

#302865 - 01/31/08 03:25 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: RottenBonnie]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:

There are shows that I watch, and I don't give a rat's ass if anyone thinks that it's not a "respected" form of entertainment. There is plenty of programming that can be found on the television that would be of interest to folks here, which is probably why there is a forum dedicated to it.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone come here and edit their preferences or attempt to mold how they come across to try and garner admiration from other people on this board (seeing as how the effort doesn't usually pull the wool over many people's eyes anyway). Every bona fide Satanist that I've ever run across would never see the need to do so, and would laugh at the mere suggestion of it.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#302866 - 01/31/08 03:35 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I've been watching this chat show called Ricky Lake,

\:> I have a feeling what's coming next.

An Ex-vampire, claiming to be brainwashed into doing all these vampiric activities, performing rituals and being forced into doing things they didn't want to. So far so good? Not uncommon, but one more thing: "following the Satanic Bible".

Do these people actually exist in large numbers? Obviously chat shows will attempt whatever to get ratings, but i've heard about it elsewhere.

It's fairy common, but not in the big conspiracy sense that television's Ricki Lakes or Pat Robertsons would like to think. Bored teenagers who don't get along with the wholesome-looking teenagers invariably gravitate to things like ouija boards, devil worship, a music subculture, or whatever 1) gives them an identity and/or sense of power, 2) gives them an outlet for fantasy, and 3) shocks parents and authority figures.

It's nothing new. Most of them grow out of it once they finally get a date, find a constructive hobby, or move out of their parents house.

Quote:
These imbeciles don't help the Satanic movement and it rages me.

Fortunately, we do have one definitive organization that has been there since the actual religion of Satanism itself was formed: The Church of Satan. The COS has been doing media representation now for over 40 years. Representatives have shown up on talk shows like the ones you describe. Of course, nobody wants to hear the real side of the subject; they just want the flashy story. The best we can do is continue to represent the facts and call people on their BS when we see it. There is also the official Church of Satan Youth Communiqué statement that addresses some of the more specific aspects of this for teenagers.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302868 - 01/31/08 03:45 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Bill_M]
Woglug Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
 Quote:
We do drink alot of tea in this house though!

Well they got me on this stereotype, I drink gallons of the stuff, usually black with one sugar though. Milk should be drank straight or used to make cheese, maybe milkshake.

Then though investigation and study can the true truth of the matter be found.

#302869 - 01/31/08 03:46 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Note to self. Never mention Ricky Lake ever again. Possibly hide the remote.

You have to realize that coming up to a bunch of Satanists saying "Hey, I saw this Satanism-related thing on Ricky Lake..." (or Donahue, or Geraldo, etc.), is almost the equivalent of coming up to a group of Jews and saying "Hey, I found this book called Mein Kampf...". There's going to be some eyeball rolling before you finish the sentence.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302870 - 01/31/08 03:47 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Woglug]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Please try to match the quote up with the person you're replying to.

#302871 - 01/31/08 03:49 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I gather from your post that you are somewhat new to all this.
May I give you one piece of advice? Ignore such things. Few people who are not Satanists understand what it is. We do not need their help. If you are wise, they cannot hurt you. Don't do the job for them by getting upset by idiots.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#302878 - 01/31/08 05:02 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I admit it- I watch - Dr. Phil. As of late I watch less and less the shows are becoming more outrageous and less focused on therapy. When I first started college I was taking Intro to Psychology, I was curious and asked my professor (Dr. Borden) what he thought of Dr. Phil. He wasn't aware of who he was, Dr. Borden had better things to do than watch TV. Dr. Borden did offer these inspiring words-
"all I have to say is that if it's on TV it can't be too scientific".

#302881 - 01/31/08 05:10 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Do these people actually exist in large numbers?

Yes. They are called idiots and they compose a large percent of the human race.

There is nothing in the Satanic Bible that tells the reader to drink blood, so a person saying he became a vampire after reading the book is obviously a nut case. Of course, mentioning a mysterious evil book sounds better on a TV show than saying "I became interested in vampirism after watching that movie with Tom Cruise..."

#302883 - 01/31/08 05:20 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Old_Pig]
Shegeek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Talk shows have their place in the world. All the same. Maury, Ricky, Montel, Jerry, whomever. Everyone loves a little shaudenfreude.

Kurt Vonnegut

#302885 - 01/31/08 05:23 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Old_Pig]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well, I for one didn't know Ricki Lake was still around.

Never trust a talk show when it comes to most topics, especially not something as nuanced and/or forbidden and/or so easily scapegoated as Satanism or the occult. It's about ratings, not about being informative or helpful.

And, as talk shows go, Ricki Lake and Maury Povich are especially prone to wallowing in swill and scandal. (And, of course, Jerry Springer, but everybody knows how bad his show is.)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#302889 - 01/31/08 05:32 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Shegeek]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Shegeek
shaudenfreude.

No fair! You obviously got that in one of those word of the day calendar thingies.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#302890 - 01/31/08 05:33 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: TrojZyr]
shadowraven213 Offline

Loved the opera though, he he.

;\)

#302897 - 01/31/08 05:43 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Shegeek Offline

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
 Originally Posted By: Shegeek
shaudenfreude.

No fair! You obviously got that in one of those word of the day calendar thingies.

*stuff it behind monitor*

Did not!

Kurt Vonnegut

#302899 - 01/31/08 05:54 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
Vampires. Hmmmm.

I saw a show many years ago about modern day, real life vampires. I think it was on Ripleys Believe it or Not. My memory on this is hazy. They claim that the blood they drink is from blood banks and screened for diseases. Wether it is safe blood or not, the only blood I would ever drink would be in the form of a Bloody Mary (extra spicy)

#302908 - 01/31/08 06:21 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:
You must realize that there ARE indeed hunters out there looking for blood. Maybe yours?

You should write horror movie tag lines.

#302909 - 01/31/08 06:22 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ]
Shegeek Offline

I totally watch cops. \:D

I guess my point is, or was, I think he was expecting opinions on how Satanists feel about how they're occasionally portrayed in the media and not a commentary on how bad his taste in TV is.

Kurt Vonnegut

#302913 - 01/31/08 06:33 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

I love Judge Judy. She can smell bullshit a mile away.

#302930 - 01/31/08 07:19 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: HellofallHells]
Pact_Primeval Offline

Let me get something across clearly. I do not make a habit of watching talk shows. Today, i watched Ricky Lake while i was on the PC because there was bugger all else on TV. Not that what i watch makes the slighest bit of difference to anything important.

In responce to the various posts, yes i am new to all this, and i have read the newbie article. I also understood Satanism doesn't need anyone elses help before this topic was even concieved. I was speaking to how it might affect me as a Satanist to which i have had some reassuring feedback on the matter which i am greatful for.

Lots of contructive feedback on the whole. Good stuff folks.

Special thanks to Bill_M also for his responce. That helped me out the most of all. \:\)

#302953 - 01/31/08 08:16 PM Re: Ricky Lake [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

You can watch whatever you want. If it gives you amusement, go for it.

People with mental problems have been televised blaming Satanism for their idiocy for decades. When you study Satanism, you will know the authentic from the artificial and laugh at the latter. ;\)

#302985 - 01/31/08 10:11 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Hmmm ... The only vampire I recall reading about in The Satanic Bible was not of the blood-drinking variety.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#303070 - 02/01/08 09:38 AM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: AurEum]
Pact_Primeval Offline

I did a class called Television as a Popular Culture. It opened my eyes even moreso to what Television stands for.

#303287 - 02/02/08 06:55 AM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: HellofallHells]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Maybe I should! ;\)

As far as Judge Judy is concerned, My favorite line of hers is this:

"Don't pee on My leg and tell Me it's raining".

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#303399 - 02/02/08 09:15 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Coyote]
Sidewinder1313 Offline

Loc: Ironton Ohio USA
MMMMMMM.......Breakfast!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12158 Members