Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#302848 - 01/31/08 02:35 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
Yeah, you probably don't even want to mention TV around here. It is not a respected form of entertainment.

It's not your fault, really. Ricky Lake is much more popular over there than it is here. How could you know?

Have a lovely day.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#302849 - 01/31/08 02:36 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ShadowDragon]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Quote:
Almost always, the only thing that is ever on my TV is the Military Channel, History Channel, The Science Channel, Animal Planet, National Geographic, and the Discover Channel. I rarely watch any other channels. When there's nothing of interest on those channels, the TV ends up being shut off. Almost anything else is pretty worthless. \:\/

Your forgot the Food Network. Man, I've baked a lot of goodies and shipped them out to fellow Satanist. I LOVE that channel.

But you're right, I don't watch much of anything else aside from those channels you mentioned.

Amazing, I have over 200 channels (I think) and nothing seems to be on. I usually read.

Volcano. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I challenge you to a Vampire war. I have plenty of minced garlic put into My Super Squirter.

Are you up for it?

(You and another certain few know exactly what I'm talking about) what a hoot that was.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#302850 - 01/31/08 02:39 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: Pact_Primeval
Never mention Ricky Lake

What's wrong with Ricki Lake?

I don't ever watch "TV" at home, but I have to stay at hotels quite a lot so I watch whatever is on, and I must say I like that circus sideshow of unlikely tragedy.

#302854 - 01/31/08 02:47 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Evil_Eve]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:
Hey, I challenge you to a Vampire war. I have plenty of minced garlic put into My Super Squirter.

Are you up for it?

:Holding pizza in lap.: Hey, no liquid garlic on my pizza, please. Maybe minced, maybe powdered, never liquid.

Edited by CravenDesmont (01/31/08 02:57 PM)

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#302859 - 01/31/08 03:07 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: RottenBonnie]
SSN Offline

Loc: South UK
 Originally Posted By: RottenBonnie
Yeah, you probably don't even want to mention TV around here. It is not a respected form of entertainment.

It's not your fault, really. Ricky Lake is much more popular over there than it is here. How could you know?

Have a lovely day.

Nooooo!! I really, sincerely hope you don't think all us people from the UK like Ricky Lake???? Or watch too much tv for that matter? Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush! We do drink alot of tea in this house though! ;\)

#302863 - 01/31/08 03:17 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Ravenhael

What is the "Satanic Movement?"

You don't know? You mean you haven't receieve your uzi and bandana in the mail yet?

#302865 - 01/31/08 03:25 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: RottenBonnie]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:

There are shows that I watch, and I don't give a rat's ass if anyone thinks that it's not a "respected" form of entertainment. There is plenty of programming that can be found on the television that would be of interest to folks here, which is probably why there is a forum dedicated to it.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone come here and edit their preferences or attempt to mold how they come across to try and garner admiration from other people on this board (seeing as how the effort doesn't usually pull the wool over many people's eyes anyway). Every bona fide Satanist that I've ever run across would never see the need to do so, and would laugh at the mere suggestion of it.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#302866 - 01/31/08 03:35 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I've been watching this chat show called Ricky Lake,

\:> I have a feeling what's coming next.

An Ex-vampire, claiming to be brainwashed into doing all these vampiric activities, performing rituals and being forced into doing things they didn't want to. So far so good? Not uncommon, but one more thing: "following the Satanic Bible".

Do these people actually exist in large numbers? Obviously chat shows will attempt whatever to get ratings, but i've heard about it elsewhere.

It's fairy common, but not in the big conspiracy sense that television's Ricki Lakes or Pat Robertsons would like to think. Bored teenagers who don't get along with the wholesome-looking teenagers invariably gravitate to things like ouija boards, devil worship, a music subculture, or whatever 1) gives them an identity and/or sense of power, 2) gives them an outlet for fantasy, and 3) shocks parents and authority figures.

It's nothing new. Most of them grow out of it once they finally get a date, find a constructive hobby, or move out of their parents house.

Quote:
These imbeciles don't help the Satanic movement and it rages me.

Fortunately, we do have one definitive organization that has been there since the actual religion of Satanism itself was formed: The Church of Satan. The COS has been doing media representation now for over 40 years. Representatives have shown up on talk shows like the ones you describe. Of course, nobody wants to hear the real side of the subject; they just want the flashy story. The best we can do is continue to represent the facts and call people on their BS when we see it. There is also the official Church of Satan Youth Communiqué statement that addresses some of the more specific aspects of this for teenagers.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302868 - 01/31/08 03:45 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Bill_M]
Woglug Offline

Loc: Sheffield, UK
 Quote:
We do drink alot of tea in this house though!

Well they got me on this stereotype, I drink gallons of the stuff, usually black with one sugar though. Milk should be drank straight or used to make cheese, maybe milkshake.

Then though investigation and study can the true truth of the matter be found.

#302869 - 01/31/08 03:46 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Note to self. Never mention Ricky Lake ever again. Possibly hide the remote.

You have to realize that coming up to a bunch of Satanists saying "Hey, I saw this Satanism-related thing on Ricky Lake..." (or Donahue, or Geraldo, etc.), is almost the equivalent of coming up to a group of Jews and saying "Hey, I found this book called Mein Kampf...". There's going to be some eyeball rolling before you finish the sentence.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#302870 - 01/31/08 03:47 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Woglug]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Please try to match the quote up with the person you're replying to.

#302871 - 01/31/08 03:49 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I gather from your post that you are somewhat new to all this.
May I give you one piece of advice? Ignore such things. Few people who are not Satanists understand what it is. We do not need their help. If you are wise, they cannot hurt you. Don't do the job for them by getting upset by idiots.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#302878 - 01/31/08 05:02 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I admit it- I watch - Dr. Phil. As of late I watch less and less the shows are becoming more outrageous and less focused on therapy. When I first started college I was taking Intro to Psychology, I was curious and asked my professor (Dr. Borden) what he thought of Dr. Phil. He wasn't aware of who he was, Dr. Borden had better things to do than watch TV. Dr. Borden did offer these inspiring words-
"all I have to say is that if it's on TV it can't be too scientific".

#302881 - 01/31/08 05:10 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Pact_Primeval]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Do these people actually exist in large numbers?

Yes. They are called idiots and they compose a large percent of the human race.

There is nothing in the Satanic Bible that tells the reader to drink blood, so a person saying he became a vampire after reading the book is obviously a nut case. Of course, mentioning a mysterious evil book sounds better on a TV show than saying "I became interested in vampirism after watching that movie with Tom Cruise..."

#302883 - 01/31/08 05:20 PM Re: Brainwashed?! [Re: Old_Pig]
Shegeek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Talk shows have their place in the world. All the same. Maury, Ricky, Montel, Jerry, whomever. Everyone loves a little shaudenfreude.

Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements