Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#303128 - 02/01/08 03:06 PM Go to the dentist or do your taxes?
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
I really need to do both. Both are painful and expensive. Which would you rather do?
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#303129 - 02/01/08 03:10 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
If both needed to be done, I would do both as soon as possible and get them over with.

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#303130 - 02/01/08 03:15 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
 Quote:
Which would you rather do?

Depends on what you have to go to the dentist for.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#303134 - 02/01/08 03:23 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Go to the dentist. My dental hygienist is a sweetie, and very cute. She makes going to the dentist a pleasure... ;\)

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#303138 - 02/01/08 03:49 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Taxes. I always get money back.

The problem is that my dentist is very depressed...he always looks down in the mouth.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#303150 - 02/01/08 04:19 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
Dentist - if you go regularly then it doesn't have to be an unpleasant experience.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#303152 - 02/01/08 04:27 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Scion]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Scion
Dentist - if you go regularly then it doesn't have to be an unpleasant experience.

I do go regularly. Prune juice every morning.
How does bowel regularity protect me from the scary dentist?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#303154 - 02/01/08 04:39 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
The Dentist. I have never had a cavity in my entire life and I plan on keeping that record.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#303161 - 02/01/08 04:58 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
What a delightfully weird question.

Taxes. They don't hurt and have never cost me anything. Me likey moolah.

Dentists me not like so much. Brace yourself for my dentist story. I once went to a dentist who talked me into 38 fillings as a 'pre-emptive' measure. Where does that fall on the scale of stupid? But I figured doctors know best. I did the entire thing without any ... what is word... numbing business. It was not until later that I realized I, and my 'future' cavities, were putting this young lady's kids through college. Hey, can't blame her for that but I sure felt stupid. And a whole heck of alot poorer. Now I just brush and floss a hundred times a day.... and get second and third and fourth opinions from doctors. They're not always right, you know.

PS: But don't I have pretty teeth? I can blame a dentist for that.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#303162 - 02/01/08 05:06 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
 Originally Posted By: Scion

I do go regularly. Prune juice every morning.
How does bowel regularity protect me from the scary dentist?

Oh Roho - is there nothing I can say that you can't turn around to make me look silly? Well, sillier. ;\)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#303166 - 02/01/08 05:16 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Taxes, dentists generally don't keep standing armies.

#303176 - 02/01/08 06:19 PM In answer to your question. [Re: RottenBonnie]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
I really need to do both. Both are painful and expensive. Which would you rather do?

I would rather that you not need to do either.

My sympathies on your plight!

#303180 - 02/01/08 06:47 PM Re: In answer to your question. [Re: Nemo]
AndersGunnolf Offline

Loc: Top of a mountain,North Caroli...
I will have to agree with Sir Nemo. I do not enjoy either of the two.

#303182 - 02/01/08 06:55 PM Re: In answer to your question. [Re: AndersGunnolf]
Shegeek Offline

Loc: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I'd go with taxes. Your teeth don't get an audit.

I do hope you get a nice return so you can take care of the dental visit soon.

Kurt Vonnegut

#303190 - 02/01/08 07:24 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I can pay someone do my taxes for me... but I can't send someone to the dentist in my place. Life is not fair!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406360 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements