Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30318 - 03/07/04 08:13 AM Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead.
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
Have you ever had insecurity moments when you ask yourself the question "What if there is (a) god?"
I believe 99.9% that there is no god ...but there is the 0.01% that sais that if there is a god (like the xtian god) hidding himself in a dark corner of the universe ...then I'm in deep sh1t. What about you?

You're welcome to try to prove there is no god here, so that I will never have to put myself that question again.

The following lines were added later after I re-edited the post:

I now realize why the "insecurity". For the past few months I've been visiting some evanghelic xtians ...going to their church, ...blah blah ...of course that was not to bow to their god or seek for forgivenes in heavens ...but for doing some business.
Well, it's impossible to attend to some 50 or more xtian meetings without having their religion messing with your mind.

Now that I've realized this, I can pass by the 0.01% and regain the 100% level ...and who knows? ...maybe later I'll go up to 105%
I will need it for I will have to keep going to the xtian church until my bussines is done.

Edited by Dracul (03/11/04 01:49 PM)

#30319 - 03/07/04 08:23 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Speaking purely as a Satanist, Id say that if there is some sort of afterlife of any sort, it is, indeed, AFTER LIFE and of no concequence to the here and now; as that is where we Satanists like to direct our attention.
My personal opinion the matter however is that assuming either way is rather foolish. Anyone that claims to know is neck deep in self deceit and stupidity.In reality we are all agnostic!
I must say though that all the existing creationist stories are easily debunked to anyone that actually trys.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#30320 - 03/07/04 08:35 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Well i guess it is 100% sure that there is no god - that doesnt mean that there is no higher intelligence/energy in the universe. But it is like all those questions about multidimensional reality, other realitys, the reincarnation question, where get the essence past after the dead of the body - everything is of course pure philosophy and you do not will find any material proof for that because we are talking about outa-material questions. For my part i am here because i do not follow the right handed path, i also like the Jane Roberts Seth theory - and i belive in something but not in a all-mighty god which wanna rule the universe and the humans on this planet - thats for sure. I whould assoicate with the word "god" the count of all lifes, we're our gods and every has his energy in itself - but we could discuis very long about it - too long for my flavours

Edited by Ringu (03/07/04 08:37 AM)

#30321 - 03/07/04 09:18 AM Nietzsche's "Pale Criminal" [Re: Dracul]
Citizen_Parker Offline
CoS Member

There is always a slight possibility.

But, should the day come when such a god presents himself, I would still be glad I had lived my life as I did. So I would have been wrong. So what? Sure, I'd be set up for some serious "punishment," but I still wouldn't deny my life for what it was, or regret my actions (if I did, it'd only be mindless "confessions" under the influence of "holy" torture). I live as I see fit, with my powers of reason, self-preservation and desires. I will never be ashamed of that.

Such a situation would still be infinitely more satisfying than being a Christian who, after having completely wasted his life, comes to realize there is no god or afterlife.

Parker

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#30322 - 03/07/04 09:27 AM God is hereby ordered to death on account of redundancy. [Re: Dracul]
DrH Offline

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
My view on god:
I will admit that there is a possibility that an intelligent higher being may exist, even to the extent of the Christian God, or any other mythological Gods for that matter.
However, I have seen enough proof that a god is not necessary for the creation of the universe and life, therefore I see no reason to acknowledge him/them. And, although we still have a long way to go, I am of the belief that one day humans will be able to fully explain everything in the universe with 100% accuracy (assuming of course that we don't go extinct from some unforeseeable force or, more likely, our own stupidity) which renders god even more redundant. Why worship or even care about something that isn't in the least bit necessary, even if it is there? The only thing in my life that I know exists is me, so that is what I'll worship.(my own take on being one's own God)

I think the idea that a universe that came into existence without the help of an outside entity is much more beautiful than one that was engineered.

Furthermore, if there is a god like the Christian God, I am confident that if I have to face him at the pearly gates I will have no guilt for my life, and thus will have led a fundamentally moral life. If he really is going to condemn me to hell just because I don't acknowledge his existence, I don't think I would want much to do with him.

#30323 - 03/07/04 09:46 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
Quote:

Have you ever had insecurity moments when you ask yourself the question "What if there is (a) god?"

Nope.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#30324 - 03/07/04 10:02 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

Respectfully, you need to reread that chapter in The Satanic Bible .

"With all the debates about whether or not God is dead, if he isn't he had better have MEDICARE!"
(Magus LaVey)

#30325 - 03/07/04 10:12 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there evil in the world?

If you answered "Yes," There are only three possibilities.

1. God is not all-powerful, because an all-powerful all-good God would prevent evil.

2. God is indifferent, therefore not all-good.

3. There is no God.

Pick one.

#30326 - 03/07/04 10:30 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
sCara Offline

Quote:

I am a "beast of the field".. Either way, it is not a concern of mine.

#30327 - 03/07/04 10:44 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I believe 99.9% that there is no god

If your atheism is dependent on a strong belief that there is no God, then you're in the same boat as most religionists.

The slightest degree of inquiry into where the concept of Yahweh/Jehovah came from reveals blatantly human manufacture - relegating it to the same level of consideration worthy of Santa Claus, leprechauns, unicorns, and other human fantasies. It satisfies some psychological need in many people, but there is nothing - absolutely nothing - to suggest "God" is anything more than a belief.

This is why Satanism demands study, not belief.

#30328 - 03/07/04 11:01 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Black_Knight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
but there is the 0.01% that sais that if there is a god (like the xtian god) hidding himself in a dark corner of the universe ...then I'm in deep sh1t.

Why?

What's God going to do?

Send you to Hell ?!

#30329 - 03/07/04 11:06 AM There is a god! [Re: Dracul]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Except he's hiding in a dark corner of Ohio.

I have seen this wrought over again and again. The belief that since "miracles" occur, it must mean there is an omnipotent being out there making them happen.; remember, people need dogma and ritual, it's a human thing. However, of the experiences I have had with "God" in the creator sense, it is not that being that makes them happen, it is the person willing the effect that makes it happen.

Magic (god power) is a tool, and like any tool, it is as useful as the user. Therefore, if I go through the steps on the mundane level and use my "god power" to attain what I want in life, why should I attribute that to some faceless man on high? It is counter-productive.

Hence, I believe 100% in god, I know he exists. He's writing you this response.

Regards,
Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#30330 - 03/07/04 02:35 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Mallamun Offline

"God" is a very general term, really. The personification of an inner divinity--the longing to escape from an animalistic body that, having eaten the apple, humans realize with horror they are naked in. Minds that grow beyond understanding of their own physical selves do long, in the universe, that there is something more extravagant than the shape of flesh in which their entire existence is embodied. The 'doubt' of one's own certainties in the deity issue is not so much a doubt as a desire, or a fearsome longing. You *CANNOT KNOW*, and so your mind, for all the perception you will ever experience in this life, does define the nature of things. People do not so often ask whether a god exists, because such a question is never answered, but they ask their inner painter, who deceives them of every truth, whether they would WANT to incorporate "god" into reality. Your "god", as such, is a reflection of your inner self. (One of the many reasons Xianity frustrates me--different people of different dispositions still try to conform to the inner workings of ONE MAN, whose mind and heart was his own, more than 2000 years ago.) How far you want to carry the concept from there depends on how willing you are to deceive yourself. Satanism is a simple, direct path because it tosses aside the personification and goes directly to the person. If you decide to take the middle step, there's the possibility of fooling yourself, or growing to believe... growing to forget your "god"'s true origin (as has happened with society). You plant the seed of a "god" possibility into your mind, and soon you ask yourself, "Is he real?" You play with an imaginary friend for years, till you forget what issue you invented him to help you deal with, and you think about all that your imaginary friend has given you, and begin to think... "This can't just be me. There's something more to this. I believe my imaginary friend is real." That's sad on its own. Don't be so sad as to begin questioning whether someone ELSE's imaginary friend is real.

That said, I believe that there can be creatures so far above us that they appear, in our eyes, "god-like." I do not think for a second there could have been a "creator." (I have painted myself that way.) If nothing else, the possibility of an omnipotent being extends furthest in the theory that there is a commonality--a mass concept or will that is composed of all elements therein. But the thought that there exists an all-powerful being with its own opinions who sits there and observes the human species and sets down rules for its conduct is rediculous. Humans are animals. It is our NATURE to do many of the things described as wrongful by spiritualists and religions. Because we are sentient, we have a higher responsibility over those actions, that is true... But why should the regulation of our instincts be translated into an all-important image that encompasses all of existence? Give a monkey a brain, and he thinks he's the center of the universe...

Edited by Mallamun (03/07/04 06:12 PM)

#30331 - 03/07/04 03:00 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

God does exists, and you should fear him!

Look out, BEHIND YOU!

#30332 - 03/07/04 03:57 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't. It isn't within me to self-delude.

#30333 - 03/07/04 04:12 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Satanya Offline
Banned

Quote:

"Could sin be interpreted as natural instincts? Why must we fight our urges and desires? If there really was a Creator, why was it so insensitive to man's feelings? Giving humanity the burden of sin, while watching our struggles like a child playing with toys. Perhaps there is a God and we were created in its own sick image?"

Vincent Crowley

#30334 - 03/07/04 04:42 PM Leave it to me [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is not a single person who will ever prove without a doubt that God does not exist. You can't prove that something does not exist when it does not exist because there is no evidence to prove or disprove it. Now if you were to prove that God does exist, THEN you could possibly prove and measure that he exists somewhere other than our universe and that he is constantly absent from ours.

I'll leave that bothersome task up to others, I have other more important things to worry about... like remembering to brush my teeth every day. If for some reason all this crap about souls and an afterlife is true, rest assured that I'll find a way to tell someone who is still living. I'll make sure they have a way to prove such a thing so that they can tell everyone else and put this ancient debate to rest once and for all. But then again, if it were possible, don't you think someone else would've done that already?

#30335 - 03/07/04 07:37 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I can't believe in a god that I must fear. Why should I? If he made me, and everything was his will, then why should I be sorry for anything?

If I am not good enough for god then god is not good enough for me.

Hail Satan!

#30336 - 03/07/04 09:42 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
If you are referring to the god in the bible, then I'd say that he is a petty, selfish child that is content with watching people suffer for no apparent reason. Would a being that created the universe really need to write a book or convey rules that make no sense at all for people to follow? Would a being of that magnitude have such a self-esteem problem that he would need followers to do his bidding, acknowledge him through prayer, petty symbols and large buildings? A being that powerful would not be concerned about our well-being nor care if we blow ourselves up or not. A being that powerful would be so far beyond our comprehension that we would never be able to understand the most minute thought it could conceive. Much like us kicking an ant pile and trying to explain to the ants why we did it.

#30337 - 03/07/04 10:00 PM My View [Re: Dracul]
HLGwyn Offline

Loc: Colorado
I do not ask "Is there a god?"
I state loudly to those within earshot "Who cares if there is a god"

The only logic I can assume is that I am god and master of the destiny before me. The rest...the seeming order to the world/universe that appears external to me, is only a manifestation of order/disorder that I hold to be real.

The multitude of "souls" that inhabit my space/time are just passer-throughs of the moment, alike but not of me. They are gods also, some knowing and viable, others less so.

At times I feel that with enough thought a god can be made, but it is as a ghost god, and not stable, due to the vast difference of those that lend it into reality. It is no-where near omnipotent, though it may be thought of as such.

Cosmic chance enabled us, as it could enable things seemingly greater than us (god-like). But being of such an individualistic bent, I could no more give it worship than the sun or moon I see hovering above. It would just be a thing, and all things come to some end, or change enough as not to be considered as before. That is natural.

Fear of death or the unknown that is death wastes time, as it can not be avoided and there is no known absolute to what it entails. To speculate would be to waste valuable time that would be better spent in the here and now. The same could be said about the speculation of external god(s), versus the grooming of ones-self as their own god.

That is why some Satanists proclaim
"There is no God, but myself."

If after all of this, you still find the time to ponder that
.01 percent of doubt, I respectfully ask that you keep such doubt to yourself. The concept that god is external and greater (answerable to) is vile to me, and goes 100% contrary to what I feel Satanism is about. I would tend to think that it does not belong here, taking up space.

I stress that I am not making a single point of attack against your belief, but I do stress that you should consider who you address when you post here, and adjust as is fitting.

Good Evening.

Hail Satan, Hail Self.

#30338 - 03/08/04 01:14 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Quote:

I believe 99.9% that there is no god ...but there is the 0.01% that sais that if there is a god (like the xtian god) hidding himself in a dark corner of the universe ...then I'm in deep sh1t. What about you?

You're welcome to try to prove there is no god here, so that I will never have to put myself that question again.

Oh goody
When I get bored I sometimes think of what I'd do if there was an afterlife...

Would I be in deep sh1t?

Unlikelly...

If the following things are true...
1.God exists
2.God's power exists only in the afterlife
3.Newlly deads are not immediately ensnared
4.Human "soul/life energy" exists and would behave as I suspect it would under a imagined list of assumptions...
5."soul/life" force begins to deteriorate if not in a common plane (ie. "heaven") or on life support (ie. a body)

My plan of action:
I would attempt to return to Earth and find a suitable host body...
This would most likely be the unborn child of a sleeping pregnant woman...
I would attempt to enter the female through the weakest part of her "defenses" (Rumored to be the breast)
and attempt to reach the child...

I would then attempt one of two things...
1. Destroying the child's "soul" and replacing it with mine...
OR
2.Something else...

If all else fails... I will attempt to merge with the kid...

That is my plan if there is an afterlife and the sheeple were right...
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#30339 - 03/08/04 04:06 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
then I'm in deep sh1t. What about you?

A long time ago I pretty much decided that IF there was a God then 'he' would be like me. By that, I mean, logical, practical, reasonable and intelligent. As blasphemous as it sounds to the herd...whenever some one asked me, "But what if you die and there is a heaven and you meet God? THEN what's gonna happen?"

And I honestly thought about that....and I figured he would have me meet him on the back deck of his mansion for a margarita and a cigar and he would give me a BIG hug, roll his eyes and ask, "So, how was it?" And then we would probably chat about how idiotic most of his little herdlings were and how they always fail to see the point or his big picture and how hypocritic they were. Jesus might show up and join us..or not. But he would be the same way.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt that I would be fine. It is all those nitwits out there that pretend or just figure they will be fine if they have a copy of the bible and ask for forgiveness before they die.

I'll be just fine. My only BIG worry is that if he wants to play golf then I am really rusty.

#30340 - 03/08/04 04:28 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Caesar]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

You may also want to read Satan Speaks! . The chapter titled The God Of The Assholes may be of assistance.

#30341 - 03/08/04 09:35 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
DavidP Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Arizona
When I was a child I used to, it was how I was brought up.

Then I grew up a bit, learned a bit more.

my answer in No.

#30342 - 03/08/04 10:25 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
Without a doubt. God is real; he is currently sitting in my seat and wearing my shoes. And, fellow Infernal Citizens, that is the only God that concerns me.
If you are referring to the chap in that popular novel that the herd goes crazy about, then I'm afraid not. Unless that is I'm wrong about Santa and Superman as well!!! You know there are tourists here in London who believe that Sherlock Holmes was real as well, just because you can go to Baker Street. Frightening really, isn't it!

Hail Satan!

#30343 - 03/08/04 01:22 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Doogie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't know if i should admit this, but I have a minor fantasy of going to 222 Baker Street--just to say I have been there. I know Sherlock Holmes was a fictional character though.

I would also like to visit Grace Bros. department store, but I know that is not possible since is closed down and the members of the clothing department are now running a bed & breakfast.

#30344 - 03/08/04 02:51 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Mallamun]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beautifully put Mallamun I couldnt have said it better myself. The gods of humanity indeed do appear to be nothing more than reflections of their own selves which would explain the childish personality traits of the christian god. Feeble gods for feeble minds and fortunately those self same minds are incapable of true power. Self realization perhaps? I believe that to be the standard for any Ubermensch.
~Zephyra

#30345 - 03/08/04 04:24 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Some times I also think of that... Maybe there is something like a cosmic God somewhere is space. It's highly unlikely, I know, but the universe is vast and we don't know what kind of beings may inhabit it. Maybe there is some being with great powers, capable of plaing pinball with planets and moons... something like that.

But even if this almighty creature exists somewhere... would he care about we Earthlings? Would he give a damn about our insignificant lives, anymore than we humans are interested in the personal lives of ants living in a remote corner of our house?

Even if this "God" exists, he is as irrelevant to me as I am to him. The actions of my live would be as meaningless to him as the dreams of a microbe are to me. So I don't waste much time thinking about this "possible" God.

Now... if the question is "Is there a God in the Biblical sense?" Then I definitely know there is none. I have no doubt about it, not even a 000.1 of it.

A God watching the affairs of humans, punishing or rewarding them according with their virtuous or sinful lives is just ridiculous. It is the result of the uneducated minds of primitive people, who needed of such mythical character to fill a hole in their incomplete view of a world they didn't understand. But the concept of the Judeo-Christian deity is one no developed mind can't accept.

#30346 - 03/08/04 04:37 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I don't have this "what if" fear, because I can dream up equally strange "what if" scenarios that have just as much credibility. The only difference between people who say "Believe in Jesus, or suffer" and people who say "Bow to the All-mighty Invisible Grapefruit, or suffer" is that the former group has more printed material to reinforce the idea. I would suggest reading the brilliant parody Kissing Hanks Ass, if you haven't done so already.

>but there is the 0.01% that sais [sic] that if there is a god
>(like the xtian god) hidding [sic] himself in a dark corner of
>the universe ...then I'm in deep sh1t.

Only if you make ALL of the following assumptions:

1) God exists
2) God is a thinking entity
3) God can see your actions
4) He/She actually cares about them
5) There exists some metaphysical way of punishing people based on their actions.
6) God will potentially use #5 on you based on #4.

(By the way, if #1 is at least debatable, why assume #2-6 are no less debatable?)

Now that's a LOT of assumptions we're making! But let's make them. This STILL begs the question: what actions will avoid punishment? Many Catholics think that Protestants will go to hell. Jehovah's Witnesses are convinced that they themselves are the only ones who will be "saved". Muslims think that the Koran is the correct book and many believe that all Xtians will go to hell. The list goes on. We haven't even talked about eastern religions that have completely different ideas of what form "suffering" takes and how to avoid it - some of which are completely irrelevant to the notion deity!

And personally, if I created a universe, I'd have much more respect for self-responsible people who don't bug me than for those who kept on asking me for more wish-granting every Sunday.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#30347 - 03/08/04 06:19 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Bill_M]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
And personally, if I created a universe, I'd have much more respect for self-responsible people who don't bug me than for those who kept on asking me for more wish-granting every Sunday.

Precisely.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#30348 - 03/08/04 06:58 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Bill_M]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
8 March XXXIX A.S.
Quote:

Which, of course, then brings in the "Sole Petitioner" theory. Christians often don't think about this one but, if an interventionist God exists, then, following the laws of Nature (or even empirical evidence), one person's gain is another person's (or persons') loss. According to this model, the needs of any one petitioner must respectively supercede all others within the affect matrix, whether you like it or not. The food in my mouth is denied to any other. If I get the job, all other applicants do not. If I catch the taxicab to somewhere, the other person who might need it to get to the hospital for something life-threatening may, as a result, die. That's how it goes, no matter how "good" and "faithful" the respective Christian is. And I'm fine with that -- because the laws of Nature, as applied to these scenarios, hold infinitely more weight than the paradox of a proposed interventionist God -- at least, the one proposed to us by the major God religions.

And, if someone can still "find" the possibility of divine intervention after all of this, it would have to be haphazard and unjustly meted out at best. Hell, that makes me a better God, for at least I'm far more consistent.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#30349 - 03/08/04 07:29 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: MagisterParadise]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Rev. Paradise...

That was probably one of the most interesting points I've read here in a while. Bravo!

Of course, Christians don't believe in the laws of nature, necessarily, nor are they necessarily rational people. The world doesn't have to make sense if you simply believe.

But I can just see the furrowed brow and confused expression when you try to explain the idea that for them to receive God's gifts...someone else must do without.

#30350 - 03/09/04 03:55 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
But I can just see the furrowed brow and confused expression when you try to explain the idea that for them to receive God's gifts...someone else must do without.

No confusion at all! The whole Jesus card is absolutely BRILLIANT! That way when someone has to do without...they are merely learning how to suffer as Jesus did. That whole loophole of how they must sometimes do without is covered in such a tidy manner that they actually can enjoy their suffering and feel a self righteous smugness about it. I think that was a stroke of genius.

#30351 - 03/09/04 05:06 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead.
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Just in case you do go and get no answer try next door. Sherlock lives at 221B!! I would hate for you to have had a wasted trip..

And as for Grace Bros. well we'll stay away from Mrs. Slocombe's p……, enough said I think!

HS!!!

#30352 - 03/09/04 05:32 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Doogie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Just in case you do go and get no answer try next door. Sherlock lives at 221B!! I would hate for you to have had a wasted trip..

Yeah, I knew that. I was...umm...just checking if anyone would catch my little typo...yeah, that's it.

#30353 - 03/09/04 05:37 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead.
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

I didn't doubt that for a minute sir.

And, I look forward to seeing you strolling Baker Street with customary deerstalker and pipe.

HS!!

#30354 - 03/10/04 03:00 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Josephine007]
Dracul Offline

Having to suffer like Jesus sounds a little masochistic to me.
Why should I suffer if I have such a powerfull god ?
...I think that the Jesus suffer thing was made just to justify themselfs when their god fails.( That's when they ask for something and do not receive it.)

But after all, ...why are so many of them willing to suffer? Have they lost their minds?

The xtian ideea is really great: the priests give people pain and they will love god for that ...incredible.

That xtian bible was surely written by a some really smart fellows.

#30355 - 03/10/04 03:14 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Old_Pig]
Dracul Offline

But the concept of the Judeo-Christian deity is one no developed mind can't accept.

Actually, I think that the Judeo-Xtian deity was never really accepted. Only few people belived that bible book.

Still, those who belive are often fanatical and thus they drag others to their religion.

Maybe there is some being with great powers, capable of plaing pinball with planets and moons... something like that.
To a powerfull god as the xtians claim to have, messing with humans lifes would be exactly like playing pinball ...and why would such a being play with us? ...yet along punnish us?

I don't actually see myself playing with bugs, and punnishing them for being disobedient.

#30356 - 03/10/04 09:55 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Quote:

I don't actually see myself playing with bugs, and punishing them for being disobedient.

No... Perhaps a mature person would not play with bugs...

However, what if the god in question had the mentality of a child?

A child with a magnifying glass...

Ant City
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#30357 - 03/11/04 12:17 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Nogitsune]
Dracul Offline

The child mentality of the xtian god can be explaind by the fact that the persons who wrote the bible were a little bit of primitive ...they begun writing it 4000 years ago.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements