Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#303211 - 02/01/08 09:36 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
If it's something serious or could become serious without attention, I would go to the dentist first. Vanity is a motivating factor to get me into the dentists chair. You still have a bit of time left to do your taxes.

I agree with the previous posters, who suggested doing both as soon as possible. If you eat your frogs now you'll have less weighing on your mind later. Best wishes, Bonnie.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#303212 - 02/01/08 09:36 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Jack_Lantern]
RottenBonnie Offline

Loc: The West Coast, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jack_Lantern
Taxes, dentists generally don't keep standing armies.

Yes, but what if they started to? Can you imagine armed men knocking on your door and hauling you off to the dentist? I think it has merit as a marketing idea.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

"There's no such thing as too many books." Poetaster

#303213 - 02/01/08 09:40 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Shade]
RottenBonnie Offline

Shade, your English is really coming along! Keep up the good work!

I'm sorry that you will never get to know your "future" cavities. She probably felt that your grooves were too deep. I've always thought you might be one of those "deep groove" people myself.
"The smartest, most passionate, most beautiful women I've met have been Satanists. I don't mean "beautiful on the inside where it really counts;" I mean gorgeous, vibrant, curvy women." Blanche Barton

#303215 - 02/01/08 09:43 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: AurEum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
If you eat your frogs now

You literally just made that expression up, didn't you?

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#303216 - 02/01/08 09:45 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Scion]
RottenBonnie Offline

Scion, my unpleasant experiences with dentists started at an early age. Let me think...I clearly remember having a root canal on a BABY tooth. Why didn't they just yank the effing thing for chrisssake?

I got my taxes done today, though. I'm getting a refund and the tax preparer gave me a hug afterward. Oh, and I ate candy while she worked on them. Oh, the irony!

#303218 - 02/01/08 09:48 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: In transit
Fucking hell... you got one of those snorty gross laughs out of me with that one.

Probably something that could be corrected by a good dentist.

"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

“Up where the smoke is all billered and curled
'Tween pavement and stars is the chimney sweep world
When there's 'ardly no day nor 'ardly no night
There's things 'alf in shadow and 'alfway in light" ~ The New Christy Minstrels

#303219 - 02/01/08 09:56 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Scion]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
 Originally Posted By: Scion

Oh Roho - is there nothing I can say that you can't turn around to make me look silly? Well, sillier. ;\)

I sure hope not.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#303234 - 02/01/08 10:46 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
No, I can't take credit for that phrase. Although those activities sound about as appetizing as eating frogs. It was from some book I read for a business/marketing course in college, maybe How To Win Friends And Influence People.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#303243 - 02/01/08 11:21 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Well now, I hope that everything turns out OK for you, now that your taxes are paid and all.
But it is possibly to avoid these kind of problems completely as long as you take care of your mouth. A very easy way to save money, yes?

Good luck with it in the future!

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#303269 - 02/02/08 12:55 AM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Well.

I don't know if it works the same over there as it does here but if you don't pay your taxes they send you to prison.

They get a FREE dentist in prison.

So it would be quite easy to do both.

However, I don't advise resorting to such methods.

Maybe there is some legal recourse you can explore if you are having trouble paying your taxes. Either way, you have simply no choice but to pay them - you owe and they'll always take it some way.

#303276 - 02/02/08 02:47 AM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Do the dentist first.

That way, when you finally get around to sorting out your taxes, your smile of satisfaction will expose a set of reliable, handsome and cavity-free gnashers.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#303277 - 02/02/08 03:08 AM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
By a strange synchronicity I have just received an email from the taxman that I have the option of filing early this year.

Being the most greedy tax system in the world nothing much is left to chance with the danish IRS, you just have to check that the info they already have is correct and then sign it digitally.

Going to the dentist - now there's a wholly different can of worms.

#303296 - 02/02/08 08:25 AM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Taxes. If the pain was unbearable I would do my taxes myself and go to the dentist.

#303317 - 02/02/08 11:04 AM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: RottenBonnie]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
I clearly remember having a root canal on a BABY tooth. Why didn't they just yank the effing thing for chrisssake?

Because they can charge more for the root canal.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#303334 - 02/02/08 12:20 PM Re: Go to the dentist or do your taxes? [Re: Virus9]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

When I was younger and BROKE I pulled a tooth with a pair of needle nose pliers. Pain is transforming.

Speaking of pain, I use TurboTax, it's pretty much the same kind of program that HR Block uses. Anyone halfway intelligent can figure out or find their deductions. On the other hand a truly evil accountant can probably get you more.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43638 Topics
404154 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements