Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#303307 - 02/02/08 10:34 AM a few questions from a newb...
Numitra Offline

-what is the force behind magic? what force is it that makes magic happen....

-what is capable with magic? I know about what Anton LaVey said in the Satanist Bible, but are there any other rituals that for example can turn brown eyes into green eyes (or isn't this possible)

-what do the most satanists believe what happens, if you die? Do satanists believe people got a 'soul' and there is life after this life??

-what created the world and the humans according satanisme?

-do satanists believe in ghosts??

and.. What is coming to you??

The world.. And everything in it...

#303315 - 02/02/08 10:50 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
LadyVixen Offline

Originally Posted By: Numitra

-what is capable with magic? I know about what Anton LaVey said in the Satanist Bible, but are there any other rituals that for example can turn brown eyes into green eyes (or isn't this possible)

-what do the most satanists believe what happens, if you die? Do satanists believe people got a 'soul' and there is life after this life??

This is my opinion, but here I go.

-This is addressed in TSB. The "force" that makes magic work comes from within oneself

-Dr LaVey said to be realistic with your goals when performing Greater Magic. It is extremely unlikely that one can use magic to change the color of their eyes.

-You are either burned and put into an urn or buried where maggots will visit you very shortly. There is no afterlife.

-No creation, just evolution.

-By "ghost" I assume you mean the spirits of people who have passed away. If that's the case, then the answer is no.

#303322 - 02/02/08 11:21 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: LadyVixen]
Numitra Offline

okay, thank you,

you said this was YOUR opninion... What did LaVey or satanism in general think about these questions? Or is it something personal where there is no 'global answer'

(haha yeah by ghosts I ment the spirits of death people)

please people, keep on giving your opinions/ideas...

Numitra

#303323 - 02/02/08 11:21 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark

Yes, among Satanists it is referred to as "The application of the contact lens"

Seriously I don't know - you'll have to address this to members of the clergy, but from my understanding Satanism is about achieving results for yourself and that means not using magic to get things that are available to you in normal ways. Magister Nemo refers to Satanism as an engineering religion and often quotes the old Chinese proverb that one should not try to cover the world in leather, but wear shoes instead.

If changing eye color important to you?

#303324 - 02/02/08 11:23 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
Questions about the Church of Satan
Questions related to the Church of Satan (membership, website, officials, etc) - Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

Just in case you didn't see this forum. It's right under this one.

HS!
(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#303326 - 02/02/08 11:37 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
 Quote:
you said this was YOUR opninion... What did LaVey or satanism in general think about these questions? Or is it something personal where there is no 'global answer'

In Satanism, everything revolves around oneself.

There are only personal answers, one's own opinion, and scientifically proven fact.

If you read the Satanic literature, you'll find the Author's opinion. It's that simple. If you are indeed looking for what Dr. LaVey's views. Why ask others that are not him, and expect his views?

Apparently you didn't think this out fully.

Edited by CravenDesmont (02/02/08 11:41 AM)

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#303327 - 02/02/08 11:39 AM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
LadyVixen Offline

okay, thank you,

(haha yeah by ghosts I ment the spirits of death people)

please people, keep on giving your opinions/ideas...

Numitra

Here is your "global answer".

Satanism is a religion of the flesh; a materialistic one at that. Satanists do not believe in a god...there is no Jehovah, no Jesus, no invisible pink unicorn and no flying spaghetti monster. The only god to a Satanist is oneself. Having no soul, this life is the only one we have, and this is why each day is precious to a Satanist. That should sum up the answer to your last 4 questions.

As for the first, as suggested above, you might want to ask the CoS clergy. I'm not sure what the official position on that one is, and even if I did, I'm not in a position to speak for the Church anyways.

Also, you might want to pick up The Satanic Bible if you want to learn more about Satanism.

Edited by LadyVixen (02/02/08 11:40 AM)

#303331 - 02/02/08 12:00 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA

Magic by its nature is too subjective of an experience to lend itself to be studied too objectively. So one really can't say. There may very well be not one single, definitive "source" behind it. The Satanic Bible certainly takes an occam's razor to the subject, though.

Go back and reread the levitating tea cup analogy in The Satanic Bible. And especially the parts about "The Balance Factor".

Quote:

As it says right in the book, "death is the great abstinence". There is no soul; it's a human concept that was mentally created for the purpose of self-deceit. While I understand English is not your first language, I'm starting to wonder how critically you've read the book.

Quote:

Satanism doesn't address these questions because it's ultimately irrelevant to the religion. We ARE just another animal on this planet, regardless.

Having said that, science gives satisfactory explanations to these questions. Go to the library and research cosmology, abiogenesis, and biology. There are thousands of books and millions of journal papers, and scientists are learning more every day. The only people who actively deny what science has to say in these regards invariably have 1) never actually researched the subject (and usually couldn't tell you the difference between things like DNA and RNA), and 2) have some spiritual pipe dream they can't let go of because they have an unsatanic need to feel more "special" than other people (e.g., being created by God, being placed here by aliens, etc.)

Quote:

If you mean a person's full consciousness living on after death in some sort of metaphysical entity that roams the earth, the answer is no. This isn't to say that all Satanists dismiss all forms of what's been attributed to "the paranormal". People have had their share of strange experiences (things that go bumb in the night, apparitions, etc.). But "ghosts" aren't the only explanation.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#303332 - 02/02/08 12:02 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
A word of advice. Any questions that you have should be posted in the forum dedicated to that purpose. Asking them here may give you answers that are not necessarily accurate, as many who frequent this board are not actually Satanists. Hence, they don't have the knowledge/understanding to give you a reply that represents the views of the Church of Satan.

That being said, Satanism requires study . No one is going to spoon feed you information that can be found on your own with a modicum of effort. You'd be best off doing your own research and reading and then presenting well thought out questions in the proper forum once that has been accomplished.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#303370 - 02/02/08 04:31 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: verszou]
Numitra Offline

Originally Posted By: verszou

Yes, among Satanists it is referred to as "The application of the contact lens"

Seriously I don't know - you'll have to address this to members of the clergy, but from my understanding Satanism is about achieving results for yourself and that means not using magic to get things that are available to you in normal ways. Magister Nemo refers to Satanism as an engineering religion and often quotes the old Chinese proverb that one should not try to cover the world in leather, but wear shoes instead.

If changing eye color important to you?

haha no, it isn't important, it was just an example to ask if such things are possible... to who should I adress myself for my questions??

NUMITRA

#303372 - 02/02/08 04:36 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Bruja]
Numitra Offline

Originally Posted By: Bruja
A word of advice. Any questions that you have should be posted in the forum dedicated to that purpose. Asking them here may give you answers that are not necessarily accurate, as many who frequent this board are not actually Satanists. Hence, they don't have the knowledge/understanding to give you a reply that represents the views of the Church of Satan.

That being said, Satanism requires study . No one is going to spoon feed you information that can be found on your own with a modicum of effort. You'd be best off doing your own research and reading and then presenting well thought out questions in the proper forum once that has been accomplished.

thanx bruja, to who should I adress my questions here in this forum? A Person who might answer my questions...

#303375 - 02/02/08 05:06 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
Go to the "Questions about the Church of Satan" forum. Only those higher on the food chain can answer your questions in there. It's a good place to get answers in your pursuit for wisdom. HS!

Edited by Seeker Of Wisdom (02/03/08 03:36 AM)
Edit Reason: Wording correction

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#303376 - 02/02/08 05:09 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Bruja]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
 Originally Posted By: Bruja

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#303377 - 02/02/08 05:19 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Numitra Offline

Originally Posted By: Seeker Of Wisdom
Go to the "Questions about the Church of Satan" forum. Only those higher on the food chain can answer your questions in there. In a good place to get answers in your pursuit for wisdom. HS!

thank you very much seeker of wisdom

#303380 - 02/02/08 05:49 PM Re: a few questions from a newb... [Re: Numitra]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43643 Topics
404172 Posts