Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#30348 - 03/08/04 06:58 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Bill_M]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
8 March XXXIX A.S.
Quote:

And personally, if I created a universe, I'd have much more respect for self-responsible people who don't bug me than for those who kept on asking me for more wish-granting every Sunday.

Which, of course, then brings in the "Sole Petitioner" theory. Christians often don't think about this one but, if an interventionist God exists, then, following the laws of Nature (or even empirical evidence), one person's gain is another person's (or persons') loss. According to this model, the needs of any one petitioner must respectively supercede all others within the affect matrix, whether you like it or not. The food in my mouth is denied to any other. If I get the job, all other applicants do not. If I catch the taxicab to somewhere, the other person who might need it to get to the hospital for something life-threatening may, as a result, die. That's how it goes, no matter how "good" and "faithful" the respective Christian is. And I'm fine with that -- because the laws of Nature, as applied to these scenarios, hold infinitely more weight than the paradox of a proposed interventionist God -- at least, the one proposed to us by the major God religions.

And, if someone can still "find" the possibility of divine intervention after all of this, it would have to be haphazard and unjustly meted out at best. Hell, that makes me a better God, for at least I'm far more consistent.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#30349 - 03/08/04 07:29 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: MagisterParadise]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Rev. Paradise...

That was probably one of the most interesting points I've read here in a while. Bravo!

Of course, Christians don't believe in the laws of nature, necessarily, nor are they necessarily rational people. The world doesn't have to make sense if you simply believe.

But I can just see the furrowed brow and confused expression when you try to explain the idea that for them to receive God's gifts...someone else must do without.

#30350 - 03/09/04 03:55 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
But I can just see the furrowed brow and confused expression when you try to explain the idea that for them to receive God's gifts...someone else must do without.

No confusion at all! The whole Jesus card is absolutely BRILLIANT! That way when someone has to do without...they are merely learning how to suffer as Jesus did. That whole loophole of how they must sometimes do without is covered in such a tidy manner that they actually can enjoy their suffering and feel a self righteous smugness about it. I think that was a stroke of genius.

#30351 - 03/09/04 05:06 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead.
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
Just in case you do go and get no answer try next door. Sherlock lives at 221B!! I would hate for you to have had a wasted trip..

And as for Grace Bros. well we'll stay away from Mrs. Slocombe's p, enough said I think!

HS!!!

#30352 - 03/09/04 05:32 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Doogie]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Just in case you do go and get no answer try next door. Sherlock lives at 221B!! I would hate for you to have had a wasted trip..

Yeah, I knew that. I was...umm...just checking if anyone would catch my little typo...yeah, that's it.

#30353 - 03/09/04 05:37 AM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead.
Doogie Offline
CoS Member

Loc: London, England
I didn't doubt that for a minute sir.

And, I look forward to seeing you strolling Baker Street with customary deerstalker and pipe.

HS!!

#30354 - 03/10/04 03:00 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Josephine007]
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
Having to suffer like Jesus sounds a little masochistic to me.
Why should I suffer if I have such a powerfull god ?
...I think that the Jesus suffer thing was made just to justify themselfs when their god fails.( That's when they ask for something and do not receive it.)

But after all, ...why are so many of them willing to suffer? Have they lost their minds?

The xtian ideea is really great: the priests give people pain and they will love god for that ...incredible.

That xtian bible was surely written by a some really smart fellows.

#30355 - 03/10/04 03:14 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - prefferably dead. [Re: Old_Pig]
Dracul Offline

But the concept of the Judeo-Christian deity is one no developed mind can't accept.

Actually, I think that the Judeo-Xtian deity was never really accepted. Only few people belived that bible book.

Still, those who belive are often fanatical and thus they drag others to their religion.

Maybe there is some being with great powers, capable of plaing pinball with planets and moons... something like that.
To a powerfull god as the xtians claim to have, messing with humans lifes would be exactly like playing pinball ...and why would such a being play with us? ...yet along punnish us?

I don't actually see myself playing with bugs, and punnishing them for being disobedient.

#30356 - 03/10/04 09:55 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Dracul]
Nogitsune Offline

Loc: N. Region of the W. World
Quote:

I don't actually see myself playing with bugs, and punishing them for being disobedient.

No... Perhaps a mature person would not play with bugs...

However, what if the god in question had the mentality of a child?

A child with a magnifying glass...

Ant City
Within the eye of the storm of conformity, creativity runs rampant. The key then, is to surround yourself with the shaven fools if one is to truly be free. -Nogi The death rate on Earth is: .... (computing) .... One per person.

#30357 - 03/11/04 12:17 PM Re: Wanted god - dead or alive - preferably dead. [Re: Nogitsune]
Dracul Offline

The child mentality of the xtian god can be explaind by the fact that the persons who wrote the bible were a little bit of primitive ...they begun writing it 4000 years ago.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406011 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements