Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#303460 - 02/03/08 01:02 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: Seeker Of Wisdom]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
You give him too much credit.

I counted 11 ("wtf" has "fuck" in it as well).

Now, to the original poster: Your loss. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Might damage a perfectly good door.

#303462 - 02/03/08 01:04 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you for revealing your true self. I will join with Magister Svengali in saying how delightful it has been to witness your reaction.

By the way, it takes intelligent life to find other intelligent life. ;\)

You will not be missed.....

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#303468 - 02/03/08 01:24 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

So some guy who can't write coherently is disappointed in the use of symbolism. Ain't that a bitch.

Big hint: there's nothing anti-materialistic about the kind of magic described in the Satanic Bible, but if you missed that, we won't be missing you.

#303499 - 02/03/08 06:05 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
There are things that on the surface are not too obvious about magic that have a lot of ground in science. Everything described in TSB is firmly grounded in science and psychology. For some it works quite well, for others we need other avenues to achieve the same results. At the end of the day it does work. Don't discount something that you don't understand or don't agree with. No one said practicing magic was required to be a Satanist either.

#303511 - 02/03/08 07:08 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
If it took you three days to read less than a hundred pages, you would probably just give up on your search for "intelligent life".

Anyway, I'll give you little hint: Satanists don't believe in magic.

They use magic. They practice magic.

#303517 - 02/03/08 07:30 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
 Quote:
I thought magic was a term you used to describe an inner feeling, an effect on your psyche, an intrapsychic motivational process or ANYTHING like that.

It is.

Quote:
But no, you guys think pinning needles in dolls makes your enemies cry?!

Listen to this interview closely.

Quote:
you believe in things any good physicist / psychologist can disprove to you in half a day.

A LOT of well-informed and highly respected psychologists would agree that what we call "ritual magic" is highly efficient (psychologically, not supernormally- and nowhere is it claimed that it's definitely supernormal).

Read C. G. Jung when you feel like getting educated.

#303518 - 02/03/08 07:36 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: Old_Pig]
EthanV Offline
Banned

Thank you for all the quick responses and my apologies for this swearword ridden outburst of mine.

I did not really read for 3 days straight and the reason I have not come across magic before is that I skipped most chapters / articles because the philosophical ideas were more important to me.

The incoherent nature of this text is due to the fact that English is my third language and that I was a little intoxicated at around 6AM.

I realize that by the very nature of your philosophy you will not give a deal whether or not I understand. However, if you happen to feel like discussing this matter I would happily read through any texts you give me about magic.

#303521 - 02/03/08 08:07 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
EthanV Offline
Banned

No, wait, I do not expect you to provide me with information or answers. I will take some time (re)reading all that I can find and then come back here to agree or disagree.

I want you to know that I am truly sorry for how I expressed my feelings in this original post. I respected this community a lot and I thought I had found a lot of people just like me. When I then (possibly mis-)understood the concept of magic I was heavily disappointed and extremely angry.

I understand that it is not easy and I cannot demand it but I do beg all your pardon for how childishly I behaved.

#303524 - 02/03/08 08:17 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Quote:
Thank you for all the quick responses and my apologies for this swearword ridden outburst of mine.

That's good.

Quote:
I skipped most chapters

That's bad. I suppose the chapters have an order for a reason, it would be like skipping algebra and going straight to calculus.

Quote:
The incoherent nature of this text is due to the fact that English is my third language

That's good. For a third language it's pretty decent.

Quote:
and that I was a little intoxicated at around 6AM.

That's bad. If something affects your judgment so badly you shouldn't do it.

Quote:
I realize that by the very nature of your philosophy you will not give a deal whether or not I understand.

That's good. You understand that much.

Quote:
if you happen to feel like discussing this matter I would happily read through any texts you give me about magic.

That's bad. You should be able to find most information on your own. That I know of, spoon feeding usually requires something in return. Read the chapters and articles you missed. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

I found your original post hilarious. Reminded me of someone who defined Satanists as "atheists with a fucked-up sense of humor".

#303533 - 02/03/08 08:59 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: Ninth_Cimmerian]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
You know, excessive use of curse words is usually indicative of a low IQ, amongst other things.

LOL. My dad used to say that when I was a teenager. He said that cursing means that a person is not capable of finding another more suitable word to adequately himself. I agree.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#303538 - 02/03/08 09:24 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Q:

1. Post drunk.
2. Don't post.

A: 2.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#303540 - 02/03/08 09:26 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
 Originally Posted By: EthanV
I want you to know that I am truly sorry for how I expressed my feelings in this original post. I respected this community a lot and I thought I had found a lot of people just like me. When I then (possibly mis-)understood the concept of magic I was heavily disappointed and extremely angry.

I understand that it is not easy and I cannot demand it but I do beg all your pardon for how childishly I behaved.

In one post you essentially call us a bunch of fornicating idiots.

Your angry, drunken rant speaks volumes of your character.

The fact that you turn around and beg for forgiveness speaks even more.

Where do you think you are?

#303549 - 02/03/08 09:58 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Apology not accepted.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#303550 - 02/03/08 10:07 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Go away.

#303554 - 02/03/08 10:25 AM Re: Magic??? Are you kidding me? [Re: EthanV]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
When I first learned of the "magical" concepts within Satanism (about six or so years ago), I too was skeptical, simply by my sheer misunderstanding of what it was, and what it was not.

I did not, however, post a drunken rant of insults laced (or, more accurately, splattered) with profanity.

It's one thing to misunderstand magic, it's an entirely different thing to be an asshole.

Rule number three comes to mind (amongst other things!).

I concur with Slesk.

Undercroft

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements