Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#303694 - 02/03/08 06:53 PM Satanic Magic
Ganon Offline

Can anyone recommend to me some books on satanic black magic. Including it's philosophy , physics , and science. As well as LaVeys books on the subject and what he thought on the subject. As well as your opinion on what black magic is and what you think of other books on the subject such as the medieval grimoires that deal with so called black magic for example the grand grimoire and others like it.

#303696 - 02/03/08 07:00 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
What is Satanic Black Magic? I have never heard of such a thing.

#303697 - 02/03/08 07:02 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
Black magic? Black magic? What is this black magic that you speak of?

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#303698 - 02/03/08 07:03 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
You can find a list of Anton LaVey's books on the Church of Satan website.

Further than that - we're not here to do your homework for you.

#303701 - 02/03/08 07:06 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Ganon Offline

Satanic black magic is supposedly magic whose source comes from Satan or one of his demons. The tragical history Of Doctor Faustus is a perfect example of satanic black magic

#303702 - 02/03/08 07:08 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
RaSc Offline
CoS Member

Loc: PA
You have done a lot of research since you last posted here.

#303703 - 02/03/08 07:08 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
If I were to play along with the idea of 'black' vs. 'white' magic (which I don't, but for the purposes of this post...), I suppose 'white magic' is that which goes under the banner of Harm none (or something similar) where 'black magic' places no such restrictions.

HOWEVER, magic is just magic. It is a tool that you can use however you please. I probably wouldn't pick up a book that claimed to be on the subject of 'black magic'.

I don't claim to be an expert on the subject. What I have written above is what I have understood from reading The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Witch. Maybe you should read those.

Edited by phoenixrisen (02/03/08 07:09 PM)
Edit Reason: I just read your introduction and I wish I hadn't bothered to reply.

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#303713 - 02/03/08 07:42 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
The Satanic Bible, which you apparently have never read, would be the best place to start. Read it cover to cover. Next you should read The Satanic Rituals, again cover to cover.

Buy the books. Online versions frequently contain errors and omissions.

Don't try to run before you can walk.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#303714 - 02/03/08 07:42 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Dave_C Offline

Loc: North-East Wisconsin
I have a question for you sir. Do you usually ask a question of someone or in this case an entire message board and then not recieve the answers you are looking for and then pose the same question three years later on the same message board and expect to get different results?

If you can not find the answers for yourself with in that kind of time frame you are perhaps the laziest person on earth, either that or you are just plain stupid!

Dave_C

http://www.myspace.com/dark9productions

#303729 - 02/03/08 08:08 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Five locked threads in four years, and still not banned.

This has to be a joke. If it is, I'm laughing my ass off. If it isn't, I'm still laughing my ass off. \:D

#303731 - 02/03/08 08:18 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: Ganon
Satanic black magic is supposedly magic whose source comes from Satan or one of his demons. The tragical history Of Doctor Faustus is a perfect example of satanic black magic

I don't know... but I think the tragical history Of Doctor Faustus is a perfect example of fiction.

I recommend you not to waste your time with old grimories or ancient magic tomes, they are just fantasies created by bored minds. If you want to practice Satanic magic, go straight to the source which is the books written by Anton LaVey.

#303733 - 02/03/08 08:22 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Old_Pig]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown

It's said that posting here very little is a wise idea...spending more time studying and reading to achieve understanding.

But after four years, not even enough knowledge to know that there is no black or white magic in Satanism?

Yikes.

#303735 - 02/03/08 08:29 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: RaSc]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic

- 25-7" x 9" wipes
- Removes road grime and brake dust
- Adds shine to wheels
- For all wheels
- Now comes in Satanic!

#303739 - 02/03/08 08:40 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: Ganon]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Go back to sleep.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#303752 - 02/03/08 09:25 PM Re: Satanic Magic [Re: phoenixrisen]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: phoenixrisen

[...]The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Witch. Maybe you should read those.

Yes, you should definitely start with reading those, if you haven't already.

And I would like to add that Magus Gilmore’s essay called “The Magic of Mastery”, in The Satanic Scriptures, has also been very helpful for me.

There is no black magic or white magic in Satanism. Don’t read those grimoires; they’re a waste of time, and they don’t explain anything you need to know in regards to what Satanic magic is about.

And if you want some real Satanic magic in your reality, then you probably won't want to waste time.

In Satanism, there is Greater Magic (also termed “Intellectual Decompression”), and there is Lesser Magic. For me, real Satanic magic comes in utilizing both of these, and doing productive things in the real world, while including the five ingredients as explained in The Satanic Bible.

Edited by Swordoflightning (02/03/08 09:33 PM)

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12115 Members
73 Forums
43871 Topics
405537 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements