Topic Options
#305378 - 02/10/08 06:34 AM The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites?
jim_bob Offline

Darkest greetings. I am a registered CoS member. A noted site of so-called Crowleyan "Thelemites" is currently posting Dr. LaVey's Satanic Bible as part of their Mr. Crowley-related "Bibliographia Thelemica." When I made them notice on their forum that this book has no part in their religion, and that LaVeyan Satanism is very different from their spook-in-the-sky philosophy, and that we are not in the least concerned with "trafficking with entities from outer space" (sic) - read Kenneth Grant's books for a proof of this statement - they failed to acknowledge that I was right, and I was soon banned from that site (good riddance). What do you think? Do they have the intellectual right (not to mention the legal right) to post LaVey's most important work as "Thelemic"?

Edited by jim_bob (02/10/08 06:38 AM)

#305379 - 02/10/08 06:43 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites? [Re: jim_bob]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
They are almost certainly also infringing copyright laws by presenting the book online.

Please inform Magistra Nadramia at administration@churchofsatan.com of where they are posting the book up.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#305380 - 02/10/08 06:50 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
jim_bob Offline

They are just posting the book's cover and the title, not the whole book online. In other words my question was mainly concerned with they mentioning it as part of Crowley's legacy and of their religion, than with copyright laws.

Edited by jim_bob (02/10/08 06:50 AM)

#305381 - 02/10/08 06:58 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites? [Re: jim_bob]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
As far as I am concerned they can do and think what they want regarding their tin pot religious hoo haa.

I don't see what purpose discussing them, or Crowley, here serves.

Anyone here who knew Dr. LaVey or who has read him extensively will know what his opinions of Crowley were.

By the way, the owner of this board requests we make a formal introduction in the requisite forum before we begin posting.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#305386 - 02/10/08 07:19 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
jim_bob Offline

Originally Posted By: Dr_Shaadriq_Aliz

By the way, the owner of this board requests we make a formal introduction in the requisite forum before we begin posting.

Done.

#305414 - 02/10/08 11:34 AM Re: The Satanic Bible and so-called Thelemites? [Re: jim_bob]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
They are too dumb to tell the difference.

At least they are wearing it on their sleeve.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#305440 - 02/10/08 12:38 PM The answer lies before you. [Re: jim_bob]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Anton LaVey: On Occultism of the Past

For those with the power to read, the above web page explains it all quite clearly I should think.

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements