Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#305488 - 02/10/08 03:12 PM divinity in satanism
devilsadvocate Offline

Loc: Rolling Meadows, IL, U.S.A.
i understand that in satanism, satan is only a force of nature... but is it viewed that this force has a mind? or is satanism atheistic?

also lavey dropped out of high school. i take it that he has no formal education concerning evolution and natural universe. NOT ripping on him, as i'm an atheist myself.

But what was his take on things? Concerning creation of and nature of the universe?

#305492 - 02/10/08 03:16 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It's a simple answer.

Read The Satanic Bible. The answers to this and all your questions will be found therein.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#305505 - 02/10/08 03:55 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
 Quote:
also lavey dropped out of high school. i take it that he has no formal education concerning evolution and natural universe.
So?

If you have seen the movie "Good Will Hunting", you can probably remember the scene where the protagonist tells someone that "You dropped 150 grand on a fuckin' education you could've got for $1.50 in late charges at the public library."

Have you tried the public library?

#305513 - 02/10/08 04:41 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Powaqqatsi]
devilsadvocate Offline

That's true. But most atheists I have seen out in the world are generally educated people that have studied deep into the matter and from those studied made that conclusion.

Then there is the atheist who simply doesn't care to.

I happen to be somewhere in the middle ;-)

Now seeing that LaVey was a very intelligent man. Do any of you know personally anyone who is a high school dropout, but is an atheist by choice and intelligence?

#305516 - 02/10/08 04:55 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Lust Offline

Are you the type of person who is content with the information that you get from second hand sources? How would you ever know that the information is correct? Do yourself a favor and do your own research. Monkeys go hungry here!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#305517 - 02/10/08 04:58 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Lust]
devilsadvocate Offline

LOL Nice.
I don't have the money to afford such research. But the question really does cross my mind often about evolution and whatnot.

#305518 - 02/10/08 04:59 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Even educated but thrifty atheists need to post a proper introduction.

Please observe board rules.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#305519 - 02/10/08 04:59 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Lust Offline

Then go to the library!

This is all.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#305520 - 02/10/08 05:02 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Lust]
devilsadvocate Offline

i understand and respect that this is not my domain, and will act respectfully ocncerning proper introductions in my future posts.

#305521 - 02/10/08 05:19 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
Read the Satanic Bible.

If you happen to read some of the previous posts I've made up until now, you'll see how much of a pretentious ass I've been on the subject. Dr. Lavey explains in clear detail what Satan is and represents. I won't dare try and interpret his wisdom.

As far as knowing any athiests are concerned...well, their athiests. They don't believe in any god or religion, so what is there to really talk about.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#305523 - 02/10/08 05:26 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Damaeon96]
devilsadvocate Offline

I have just began reading it. I'm getting quite interested.
The information I'm going on is biographies and wikipedia.

#305524 - 02/10/08 05:30 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
Same mistake I made.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#305526 - 02/10/08 05:44 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Damaeon96]
devilsadvocate Offline

i AM reading it though. I'm finding that the stuff in his book is much different than the stuff i read elsewhere.

#305547 - 02/10/08 08:51 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
 Originally Posted By: devilsadvocate
Do any of you know personally anyone who is a high school dropout, but is an atheist by choice and intelligence?

Yes, plenty of people.

I don't see what dropping out of school has to do with atheism.

IN fact, there is a CoS Magister who is WELL educated AND dropped out of school (although, I don't know him personally).

#305562 - 02/10/08 10:00 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
I declared myself an atheist at 16. I don't really see what finishing high school has to do with it. I was not taught evolution or any advanced science in high school or even university. In high school I learned basic chemistry and how to efficiently skin a cat and identify it's muscles. Everything else about science and religion, I read on my own from buying books. But at 16, I had read nothing about the subject. It just didn't make sense to me to believe in something that I had no proof of- and something totally ridiculous at that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
43876 Topics
405566 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements