Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#305604 - 02/11/08 06:44 AM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: Malakuma]
devilsadvocate Offline

Loc: Rolling Meadows, IL, U.S.A.
Malakuma. Wonderful reply. Thank you :-)
To the Moderators first I'm working on my introduction now. Trying to guess from reading the others whether a longer one or a digest is most suitable.
In high school, I knew people who declared themselves atheist having no completed education concerning the matter. Wow, that offers a lot of insight into my question. Thank you for being so bright.
As to whichever of the CoS Leaders is a dropout and an atheist, perfect :-) I guess it's more of an emotional decision than a researched one.
Alike to actually having a religion, to where you dont have much knowledge about the matter, only that for that moment you know the basics to be true.
Pardon the poor connection between atheists and religionists. I understand that was a very weak point. But it helped me some.
Thank you again Malakuma.

#305706 - 02/11/08 01:56 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#305714 - 02/11/08 02:30 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: tekku]
devilsadvocate Offline

Zombie and RIP Icons
Yeah. I don't think too many people are interested.

#305715 - 02/11/08 02:30 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
devilsadvocate Offline

In my dumb shit question, that is.

#305862 - 02/11/08 09:59 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
I dropped out of high school as well. I also graduated a year early with a diploma and went on to college. Oddly enough that has nothing to do with my take on creationism.

#306078 - 02/12/08 04:16 PM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: devilsadvocate
i understand that in satanism, satan is only a force of nature... but is it viewed that this force has a mind? or is satanism atheistic?

You've got some reading to do.

Originally Posted By: devilsadvocate
also lavey dropped out of high school. i take it that he has no formal education concerning evolution and natural universe. NOT ripping on him, as i'm an atheist myself.

He wasn't a biologist, if that's what you mean. Of course you don't need a degree in biology to be a keen observer and understand human nature. Regardless, what does this have to do with atheism? There are plenty of theists who accept evolution, not to mention atheists who deny evolution (go research the Raelian Movement).

Quote:
But what was his take on things? Concerning creation of and nature of the universe?

Ultimately irrelevant. See The Satanic Bible.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#306087 - 02/12/08 04:57 PM In this very forum... [Re: devilsadvocate]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...

#306406 - 02/13/08 01:06 PM Re: In this very forum... [Re: Nemo]
inverted Offline

Loc: Ohio
I'm highly educated, but the only thing that made me an athiest was experience. Books had nothing to do with it.

#307208 - 02/16/08 02:53 AM Re: In this very forum... [Re: inverted]
eduardogallegos Offline

Loc: Guadalupe, Nuevo León, México

I think that there is no need to be in school to get an intelligence superior to the other school but sometimes if it is a good tool but not if necessary for the intellectual development.

The individual can learn from what they see, read, touch, or hear without resorting to a school but as any mention sometimes it is necessary to improve certain personal skills that were hidden or that were already but we had not been aware of them

Greetings!

#307231 - 02/16/08 04:43 AM Re: In this very forum... [Re: eduardogallegos]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
We are living in a time where there is no longer any excuse for being uninformed. For all the crap of it, the internet is still a mighty step ahead in making information of all kinds accessible to any- and everybody.

What would take you a lifetime to gather only 50 years ago can now be accessed within an afternoon of informed and directed search. We can only speculate about what this will mean in the long run.

#307252 - 02/16/08 06:30 AM Re: divinity in satanism [Re: devilsadvocate]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
You're quite welcome.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43639 Topics
404155 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements