Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#306103 - 02/12/08 06:19 PM The Introductions forum is missing!
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
It's been mentioned in another thread down in the General Satanism Discussions forum, but I wanted to put an official thread here, to make sure the proper people are aware of the trouble:

The introductions forum, and all posts within it, seem to be missing.

(Coming soon to a milk carton near you.)

-Chess

#306109 - 02/12/08 06:52 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Chess]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Hum thought something looked off and the board seemed somewhat different some how. Must be a good reason though.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#306129 - 02/12/08 08:07 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Chess]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I just assumed he took it down to clean it out.

#306147 - 02/12/08 08:40 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Chess]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Maybe we're full.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#306219 - 02/12/08 10:34 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Chess]
Mjollnir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Gone
 Quote:
(Coming soon to a milk carton near you.)

That made me chuckle.

#306307 - 02/13/08 06:51 AM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
My theory is that the moderators modified the introduction forum so that only members of CoS could read and reply to the newcomers...

I HOPE that I am wrong!

#306311 - 02/13/08 07:04 AM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Mr Avarice]
Taliana Offline

Loc: England
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
My theory is that the moderators modified the introduction forum so that only members of CoS could read and reply to the newcomers...

I HOPE that I am wrong!

That was my theory as well, but assuming that the permissions on this forum work the same as many others, if only CoS members were permitted to view it then the new members wouldn't be able to get into it either. The only way they could do that is if other groups were created, making everyone who already exists a member of a group that doesn't have permission to access that forum, while new members do, and then manually moving every new member out of that group and into the one with everyone else.

That seems like a lot of extra work for the mods.

But then it keeps down the eye-gouging and civilian policing and everything else that happens in those, so perhaps the extra effort is worth it.

If that's what's happening.

Edited by Taliana (02/13/08 07:05 AM)
Edit Reason: coffeeeeeeeee

#306312 - 02/13/08 07:11 AM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Taliana]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Easy kids.

Let's see how folks fare when their initial post has to be based on a topic.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#306401 - 02/13/08 12:46 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Ygraine]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
So, this is a test of not having the intro section (?)

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#306455 - 02/13/08 04:18 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Ygraine]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

What?

We can't trust newcomers to post on the topic of "Yourself" ?

Actually, I don't mind that at all.

#306500 - 02/13/08 05:55 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Ygraine]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Good idea.

#306763 - 02/14/08 05:33 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Mr Avarice]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I HOPE that I am wrong!

And this here is definite proof as to why the intro forums are gone.

\:>

#306765 - 02/14/08 05:37 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Callier]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Callier

I HOPE that I am wrong!

And this here is definite proof as to why the intro forums are gone.

\:>

Er, why?

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#306812 - 02/14/08 08:20 PM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Scion]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Scion
Er, why?

Well it was people like this jumping on every new introduction hoping to get a quick flame. It's pretty pathetic and embarrassing if you ask me.

#306874 - 02/15/08 12:44 AM Re: The Introductions forum is missing! [Re: Callier]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I feel stupid for the times I slipped up as well, and was guilty of policing people. It was never in any way intentional the few times it happened, and usually was due to my lack of understanding of what actually constituted "policing", but I digress. In all cases I took the time to apologize directly to the priesthood, and personally to the individual...it simply never got my rocks off to be guilty of it.

All in all, it is quite a big change. Didn't spend much time in there either, as it rarely resulted in engaging conversation...still, it was nice to get to know people a bit before they posted for the "first" time, created a lot different atmosphere then most forums have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406054 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements