Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#300421 - 01/22/08 12:48 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Evil_Eve]
Lust Offline

A great post Evil_Eve!

"I hope this hasn't upset too many folk here (this was not My intent) but with crime and the the laws being passed to help criminals I can only hold My stomach in hopes of not retching."

Are you kidding? I am still waiting for you to show your fangs!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#300429 - 01/22/08 01:19 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Evil_Eve]
ShadowDragon Offline

Loc: Where I have Always Been
Indeed. Though my post wasn't entirely directed at you, just felt I should further my opinion and views. You was primarily used to generalize for others to ask themselves the questions in which are in that post.

Quote:
This I feel will never happen but it has been proven to work in other countries.

Of course it won't. It's highly unlikely it will happen. Then when something like that happens to one of those individuals who go against the less "humane" punishment, gets raped or just before they die when they get murdered, they wish they hadn't supported the "humane" view at all.

They never think of what if this happened to me when it comes to possibly experiencing one or all of the many crimes that could be committed against them. They also fail to have the mentality to see and peer into how the mind works, and yes even individuals with a degree in psychology fail at this miserably so. Ultimately they lack the Mental Depth to actually get it.

For the most part, I am very discriminative towards criminals, unless I see they have actually changed their lives if I am around one. Otherwise, even if they were my own family, I would walk away and disappear from their presence permanently. I am very cold, heartless, and uncaring towards criminals. I have no wish to be around such petty, pathetic puddle scum on the bottom of my boot, members of society.

Hell there's even been a homicide ( middle of last year) where I live. A man who was on his way home from a Baseball Game, that took place in Montgomery, AL, was shot as he was getting to his truck in Millbrook's Wal-Mart parking lot. They killed him, just for his truck, and then man had just stopped at Wal-Mart to get some diapers for his baby. He left a wife and child behind because of two individuals that wanted his truck. They had followed him from the stadium that he left.

So if I seem to be edgy when it comes to this subject, to a strong degree, then there's likely the answer why. Somethings are getting way too close to home than I would like them to be in those degrees.

To Light a Candle,is to Cast a Shadow.

#300448 - 01/22/08 02:26 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Mr Avarice]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz

Hahah...
I have been saying that for years! lovely to hear it from someone else for once!

Hee hee yes incarcerated criminals could, in my opinion, be of great benefit to modern science.

In modern science, animals are used for testing, as the closest thing to humans, the real thing. Most research is done – for the humans – and animals are in a way sacrificed for that purpose.

I think these criminals could be used for the same purpose, and guess what – they are the real thing. They might not be useful for psychological testing, as they often have a mental disorder already, so that part of scientific research is inapplicable to them, but to animals also.

I think it's not such a bad idea, and I have some suggestions too.

The first idea that pops into mind is tissue regeneration. Some ''in vivo'' testing could be conducted, it might end up with a human growing a foot on his head, but hey – everything for science \:D

Another idea is male contraception. Some oral contraceptives – the famous male pill could be invented. It might end up with the warden eventually castrating the criminal, but okay – the world is better off without their sperm spread around anyway – so that's like hitting two flies with one blow.

Constructing the first real cyborg, what do you say about that? Humans have come to love mobile phones so much – why not just install a Motorola directly into a criminal's brain? What happens when the battery low alarm goes off – I don't know. Imagine installing a vibrating function into that mobile, in that case the prisoner might consider switching to ''silent mode'' before taking a shave, though, because a missed call could mean a missing nose............. he he

Just joking a lil here, I couldn't resist

#300451 - 01/22/08 02:47 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: ShadowDragon]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
I cannot realy see how this can be a discussion.

As stated above - fear is important.
CravenDesmont is absolutely right when saying so, because the less afraid people are of the consequenses, the more likly commiting a crime will be.
If you kill someone, be prepared to kill.
If you damage someone, be prepared to be locked in for a looooooong time!

#300452 - 01/22/08 02:48 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: G.F.V.]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Of course.

I'm one of the most easygoing and nice people you're liable to meet--even to a fault, I admit! I don't like to tussle with people and make enemies, for the most part. Gets the hands dirty. Makes the life complicated.

Even when I do intend to exact vengeance against someone, I usually wait and watch for a very long time before making a move, and in the meantime, I may not look like I bear the asshole much or any ill will at all. And, when I can, I try to to let or get someone or something else to do my dirty work for me.

In the end, the greatest revenge, I think, is to continue to do well in my own life, while the asshats get hoisted by their own petards.

Of course, this general approach has its drawbacks and limitations, but also its strengths and benefits.

The point remains, of course, is that there are, in this world, various types of scumbags, criminals, and trolls who have something comin' for the things they've said and done, and I sure don't shed true tears when they finally get it.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#300469 - 01/22/08 03:50 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: hellbent666]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
Forgive me if someone has already addressed this issue in regards to the death penalty and other Lex Talionis.

I have simple food for thought that goes right back to our tenets. If someone hits you, do you simply turn and walk away thinking, "What good what it do to hit that bully back?" If your wife is raped, do you simply think, "Shit happens and I can accept the loss of my wife's sanity and ability to physically love the way she did in the past."? If someone abuses your child, do we simply allow these pieces of shit to continue to roam our neighborhoods and school yards? Is it pretty neat to continue to see lives destroyed by meth? Are you seriously advocating accepting the loss of someone who is murdered in cold blood??

All of these actions deserve Serious punishment - Period! Why would anyone defend otherwise?

When you think about the cost of our tax dollars keeping these scumfucks alive, consider the savings by simply purchasing a bullet. Obviously, I don't mean taking the law into one's own hands, but I sure don't oppose the death penalty.

Again, I say, "Lex Talionis!"

~Storm

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#300473 - 01/22/08 04:12 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Evil_Eve]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
 Quote:
Bottom line is: We have overcrowding in prisons because We are too lenient on criminals.

Quote:
Screw this three strikes law.

Quote:
I say let our Police Force grow a set. (The only way they can however, is if citizens speak out). Sadly many have blinders on and could not care less.....that is until the unthinkable happens to them.

I most certainly agree with Eve here.
I cannot speak for everyone in the law enforcement community, but the criminal always seems to have more rights and is always given leniency when what he deserves is punishment. Whatever happened to being accountable for your own actions? Ignorance and having a rough time growing up is not a valid excuse.
Speaking to personal experience I know I have put much effort and many hours into a case only to have the judge feel sorry for the individual and reduce or dismiss the charge.
Let the punishment fit the crime!!

Edited by zodiac (01/22/08 04:15 PM)

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#302408 - 01/30/08 10:41 AM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Storm]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
 Quote:
"Lex Talionis!"

Indeed! However, as Satanist, We do abide by the rules of our legal system. It's not always fair. "Fair" a word I despise using as there really is no such thing.

I wanted to be a Police Officer to rid as many scumbags out of My community that would threaten Myself, My Family, and those I care about and the innocents of horrible crimes.

I was interviewed twice, the first one was horrible. They had a panel of varied Officers (Sheriffs, IPD (Indianapolis Police Department Officers and such and such). They had a book (each of them with questions to be answered.) THEN there was the stop clock/watch.

You only had so many seconds (maybe around a minute or two) to answer.

I told the truth and therefore was elevated to the next interview and psych test (there were a couple to make sure you weren't nuts.)

My answers were basically what I am telling you all here. I want to get these people off the streets.

Police Academy was to begin in last October. I stayed in the skies. At that time (during the physical agility test) I realized that I had a few problems which later resulted in what I am going through now). I remained in the skies.

I completely am a firm believer (hate that word too....sounds Xtiany,) that Lex Talionis would make this world a far better place to live in.

zodiac said:

Quote:
I cannot speak for everyone in the law enforcement community, but the criminal always seems to have more rights and is always given leniency when what he deserves is punishment. Whatever happened to being accountable for your own actions? Ignorance and having a rough time growing up is not a valid excuse.

Yes they do appear to.

I had a dear friend named 'Jethro' (that's what his friends called him) who was killed in a Denny's parking lot by a man who was so angry that his girlfriend had left him.

Jethro and I worked together in a club. He served our Country during the Golf War.

The man came to the Denny's where Jethro (John) was dining with several girls from the club and demanded that she leave immediately. John, the big soft hearted hunk he was protected her and asked the man to leave.

Leave he did.

Only....

He came back with a gun.

He spit into My friends face, and started to struggle with him. John had a gun of his own but never had the chance to pull it.

The man shot him in cold blood right there in the parking lot.

John had just had a son and was newly married.

I sat through every minute of the trial and the man got away scot free on 'self defense'.

Mind you, that this man left the establishment and came back with a loaded gun. What was his intent?

My friend died protecting a battered woman who had left her horrible torturer weeks prior.

Where was the justice in that?

I feel that every dog has his day. When the justice system fails....there is always.....the Ritual Chamber. If anything, it's worth cleansing your feelings about whatever the matter may be.

Officer Gary Davis (My other friend who was murdered in the line of duty) well, his killer got away as well. The jury (I fear for our jury system as of late of so young, dumb and full of.........) let the little SOB go, because he was so young, and they didn't want to see him pay for a mistake for the rest of his life.

A mistake.

My friend, a husband, a lover of life, an owner and lover of two Boxers that adored him.... gone.

I get more and more upset with our system daily and yet I have to admit, it's still the best one We have. I am proud to be an American. I am thankful of our freedoms and of those who protect them. (Thank you Officers, thank you Soldiers).

Still, isn't it a bit disheartening?

Gary Davis, My hotrod car buddy

My friend Jethro

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#306459 - 02/13/08 04:36 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Evil_Eve]
maelman Offline
Banned

I am curious on why you all have such a violent view on drugs.

I don't think most people here are aware that most people in prison for drug charges were non-violent people. Wouldn't it be more logical to decriminalize drugs that aren't addicting or highly life threatening such as Marijuana instead of "sticking them in a chamber and then spraying them with pepper spray". Whether you realize it or not drugs are not bad when used responsibly.

#306461 - 02/13/08 04:41 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: maelman]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Drugs are bad because they are illegal. Please - look up 80% of all posts made the last two weeks.

#306462 - 02/13/08 04:42 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: maelman]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Ladies and gentlemen, here is yet another drug addict attempting to lecture Satanists as to why their idiot habit is a good thing.

Please do not feed this monkey. \:>

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#306492 - 02/13/08 05:48 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Phineas]
Seeker Of Wisdom Offline

Loc: Buckholts, Tx
 Originally Posted By: Phineas
Please do not feed this monkey. \:>

But, I have Cyanide laced bananas....

Edited by Seeker Of Wisdom (02/13/08 05:48 PM)

"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere."
Groucho Marx

"Sex is legal, Selling is legal, why isn't selling sex legal?"
George Carlin

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc"~ The Addams Family Crede

"We all have different desires and needs, but if we don't discover what we want from ourselves and what we stand for, we will live passively and unfulfilled."
Bill Watterson

#306523 - 02/13/08 07:43 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: maelman]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
A violent view on drugs?

Take a good look at the effect drugs have. Half of the crime out there is based on the sale and distributing of illegal drugs. One of the biggest motives for violence is an addict trying to get there next fix.

Using someone currently in prison on drug charges IS NOT a basis for proving that illegal substances don't pose a threat. The consequences alone are enough to make it a bad idea.

To my knowledge any and all drugs deemed illegal ARE addictive and ARE life threatening. That's why they're illegal in the first place. There's no such thing as "responsibility in illegality." If you know its wrong, stop trying to rationalize it.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#306552 - 02/13/08 09:42 PM Re: Revenge vs. Productivity [Re: Never]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Never
Drugs are bad because they are illegal. Please - look up 80% of all posts made the last two weeks.

No, drugs are bad because they are bad.

#306577 - 02/13/08 10:55 PM Simple answers. [Re: maelman]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
I am curious on why you all have such a violent view on drugs.

Not violent.

Realistic.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be more logical to decriminalize drugs...

Let us know just as soon as you have taken care of this.

In the meantime, it remains illegal and we shall condemn it as such.

End of story.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43981 Topics
406048 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements