Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#307220 - 02/16/08 04:04 AM The satanic groups
The_Magician13 Offline

I am aware that satanism divides in 3 main groups : modern satanism, traditional satanism and LaVeyan satanism.So i have a main ideea what all of this groups are about but i want to know in detail some of the characteristics of each one.So please, anyone who has some information and want to share with me, i am very curious...

#307226 - 02/16/08 04:32 AM Re: The satanic groups [Re: JayLucif]
The_Magician13 Offline

Excuse me but i don't think i am wrong...at least here in Romania this is how the thing goes.I shall try to post some essays of this subject in the following days, but for now, being new here, i shall do what you recomended me, and study more.After all, this is the purpose of this forum, is it not?

#307232 - 02/16/08 04:48 AM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
I understand where you are coming from, but other organizations than the Church of Satan seem to think that they have some kind of inheritance to the religion Anton LaVey created when he consistently stated that they were not Satanists. Many people believe that Satanism is devil-worshipping and the confusion arises to the effect that devil-worship has taken the title of "traditional Satanism." the problem with that is that there is no such thing. Devil-worshippers have never called themselves Satanists and simply trying to lay claim to the title now that Anton LaVey has made it respectable and famous. Other schism type groups that have formed either after the formation of the Church of Satan or as a direct result of their banishment from the Church of Satan like to call themselves "Modern Satanists" to try and ride the coattails of Doktor LaVey and everything he worked hard to establish.

Do not take these additional titles with much merit. They do not have much in the real world and they have none on this board or anywhere else real Satanists would use the term. Just because a group chooses to use the term "satanist" does not mean they are using it accurately or have any right to do so without being dishonest or trying to lay claim to something that does not belong to them. The Church of Satan always has been and always will be the source for Satanism. The other groups and organizations merely try to sweep people in that don't know better and these terms that are always popularized through the media (and places like wikipedia) aide them by creating confusion as to what Satanism means.

Satanism is the religion founded by Anton Szandor LaVey and its relevant dogma and practices. Anton LaVey was High Priest of the Church of Satan until his death and left the legacy of his religion in Magus Peter H. Gilmore's hands. Everyone else is a poser, a theif or a liar and should be treated as such.

#307237 - 02/16/08 05:07 AM Re: The satanic groups [Re: Adveser]
The_Magician13 Offline

Thank you, this information will help very much.I asked these things because the majority of "satanists" around here have conceptions like the ones mentioned above.I want to escape from these lies and try to follow the real path that satanism offers, and with your help i hope to succeed.Anyway, nice to meet you guys.

#307241 - 02/16/08 05:41 AM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
There is,as my fellow member said, only "ONE" true form of Satanism and that's the one founded by Magus Lavey. The rest are just "wannabes".They hang onto DR.Lavey's majestic coattails.

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#307345 - 02/16/08 02:49 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
Pretenders to the Throne by Magus Peter Gilmore.

I also recommend reading the Bunco Sheet on the Church of Satan website as well.

#307346 - 02/16/08 02:57 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

They are categories used by outsiders to distinguish between philosophical differences. Some scholars of New Religious Movements use the different names for purposes of classification.

However, the Church of Satan does not self-identify as LaVeyan Satanism, but simply as Satanism, and as established and codified by LaVey. The other categories are not recognized by the Church of Satan as Satanic, as most of the others have theistic slants which is totally contradictory from using Satan as a symbol.

#307358 - 02/16/08 03:55 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: Zaftig]
The_Magician13 Offline

Yes i understand, but tell me, if satanism appeared centuries ago, why is LaVey considered the founder of satanism?And yes,you told me about how C.o.S doesnt't recognize other forms of satanism, but let me ask you this: Is the true form of satanism recognizing LaVey's doctrine?Is the ancient and original type of satanism left behind?I understand the importance of LaVey on this subject, but my main demand was to obtain more information from you about all forms of satanism and not the one you think is the most important.

#307364 - 02/16/08 04:14 PM Re: There was no Satanism before The Satanic Bible [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown

#307365 - 02/16/08 04:14 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Enough of this claptrap!

I don't know whether your goal is as you state or whether you are purposely being provocative, or you genuinely do not get what you are being told.

Quote:
my main demand was to obtain more information from you about all forms of satanism and not the one you think is the most important.

1. Demand? By what authority do you have the right to demand anything here?

2. "All forms of Satanism?" What part of "we don't acknowledge/accept any other form of Satanism here is confusing for you?

3. "not the one you think is most important?" You want us to hand spoon you information that we find unimportant? You demand an opinion and then get to define that opinion?

If it has escaped your notice this board is owned and run by a Church of Satan Magister. He is the only one in a position to demand anything. Since you have heard of the other "kinds" no doubt you can go on the web and explore those yourself.

Quote:
Is the true form of satanism recognizing LaVey's doctrine?

Yes. Yes. Yes. You'll get no other answer here.

If that is something you wish to dispute go elsewhere. There are bunches of sites that welcome that.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#307366 - 02/16/08 04:15 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
 Quote:
if satanism appeared centuries ago

It didn't.

We regard Anton LaVey as having a special right to define what “Satanism” means, because he is the first person we know of to have publicly called himself a Satanist.

Before 1966, “Satanist” was something a person only ever called someone else, as a slur or defamation. It didn’t mean anything in particular, except that whoever it was used against was some sort of villain. Christians used it against Jews and Muslims, Muslims against Jews and Christians, Catholics against Protestants, Protestants against Catholics, the whole lot of them against atheists, libertines or secularists of all stripes.

In short, the word was a semantic no man’s land. No one wanted to be caught under the title of “Satanist”, but everyone wanted to catch their enemies there.

The word, consequently, had no one willing to give it a determinate content. It was much too useful to everyone as a word of pure connotation with no denotation.

Anton LaVey was the first person to CLAIM it for himself.

Anyone who says otherwise is trying to interfere with the Church of Satan’s main means of presenting its doctrines and promoting its members’ activities. In corporate talk, they pollute our brand identity. They want to muddy the waters so they can capitalize on the Church of Satan's success.

If you use their terminology, you are frustrating the efforts of the Church of Satan to promote its ideas.

Edited by reprobate (02/16/08 04:20 PM)

#307370 - 02/16/08 04:35 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: The_Magician13]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Satanism, unlike xianity, does not have denominations, or different interpretations of its doctrines. There is Satanism, and then there is everything else.

Many of the things that get labeled "Satanic" such as setianism, luciferianism and other such belief systems have nothing to do with the religion of Satanism. They are called that by people who either don't know the difference, or don't care.

If people want to explore such nonsense, that's up to them. However, they should recognize these things for what they are, and not latch on to the term that they have no right to use.

Just as someone who eats meat shouldn't call themselves a vegetarian, someone who wants to study occultnik mumbo jumbo shouldn't call themselves a Satanist. Unfortunately, there are many out there who do.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#307372 - 02/16/08 04:43 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: spook show]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Either he doesn't get it or, he is being deliberately obstinate. Whichever the answer turns out to be, neither are compatible with wasting your time explaining further.

That goes for anyone that feels the need to beat dead horses, but more importantly for those of us who should know better.

Monkeys should not be fed. Let's begin to set an example. Satanism is an exclusionary religion, so let's exclude these types of people from any meaningful interaction.

Edited by Poetaster (02/17/08 09:58 AM)
Edit Reason: Added an "s".
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#307373 - 02/16/08 04:47 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: Poetaster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Poetaster

Monkeys should not be fed. Let's begin to set an example. Satanism is an exclusionary religion, so let's exclude these type of people from any meaningful interaction.

Yes...THANK you.

Magistra Ygraine already addressed his post anyways.

#307378 - 02/16/08 05:08 PM Re: The satanic groups [Re: JayLucif]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif
I agree my original post in reply to this persons question to show the simple way and proper direction was all that was needed. Now what is needed is to just ignore this person any further, adding more pointless remarks does nothing. As the thread has been sent to the moderators for review it is pointless now to respond.

Why don't you let a Moderator decide when it is or isn't a proper time to, say, lock down a thread.

Reporting the thread is all you need to do. We'll take it from there.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12088 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405448 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements