Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#307381 - 02/16/08 05:19 PM Clothing/Personal style.
DemonicAngel Offline

Loc: Texas
Why is it that many satanists feel they must dress in black clothing and have mass amount of earings and such in their bodies.I know and understand we all have our own perception of what is attractive but the "gothic" style seems to be of great social importance to many satanist.For example I often choose to wear darker blue jeans a black shirt and a silver pentagram around my neck.I often hear I dress to "old fashoned" for a satainst simply because I keep a neat and clean appearance.Satanist are supposed to judge people on actions and not appearances.I suppose in short im saying just because I tuck my shirt in and wear a belt doesent make me any less of a satanist. [img][/img]

Edited by DemonicAngel (02/16/08 05:30 PM)

#307383 - 02/16/08 05:22 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
How many Church of Satan members have you met in person?

Judging by your words, I'd dare say next to none. I don't know that I have met a group of folks that are more meticulous and well groomed in their appearances... regardless of what style of clothing they choose for themselves. Aesthetics are a powerful tool for a Satanist, and it sounds to me like the people who are giving you their opinion on the matter are a far cry from the real thing.

Quote:
Satanist are supposed to judge people on actions and not appearances.

The first thing a person observes about you is how you've chosen to present yourself by how you look. It's only natural to form an immediate opinion based on that bit of information, therefore it's possible to judge someone accurately by what they have chosen to put out there by their clothing.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#307387 - 02/16/08 05:33 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Bruja]
DemonicAngel Offline

I have met a few card carrying members.They were annoying and played "heavy metal" all to often.

#307394 - 02/16/08 05:56 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Satanism is a religion. Not a dress code.

If a Satanist wants to dress in black and have "mass amount of earings and such in their bodies" then that's based on their desires.

#307395 - 02/16/08 05:59 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Ok. I wear coveralls, is that Satanic?

#307405 - 02/16/08 06:35 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII

I don't mean to expose what you really look like but what the heck.

#307408 - 02/16/08 06:48 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Callier]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Mine are grey. Also, I don't do that fruity tucking-into-the-boots shit.

But, I do wear an orange hard hat.

Is that Satanic?

#307409 - 02/16/08 06:50 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It sure is! ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#307411 - 02/16/08 06:51 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
But, I do wear an orange hard hat.

Is that Satanic?

Yes.

Everyone knows that Satanists love Halloween.

Orange hard hats look like pumpkins.

You are in the clear.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#307412 - 02/16/08 06:52 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Bruja]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Good, my fragile ego would have collapsed if someone hadn't been along to validate me.

#307416 - 02/16/08 07:00 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America

This is an image of me at an event. I always dress to impress, especially the ladies.

#307417 - 02/16/08 07:01 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: DemonicAngel
I have met a few card carrying members.They were annoying and played "heavy metal" all to often.

"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#307419 - 02/16/08 07:07 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Although I am not the snappiest dresser in the world, I can say that I dress in a decent manner. Appearances are important to some degree when interacting with others, but there's a point where all the glamor in the world can't carry your impression for you.

Some days I feel like wearing those old holey jeans with that worn out tee shirt. Aesthetics are part of Satanism. This does not mean there is one aesthetic that is more Satanic than any other. Just be aware of your visual effect on other people. The reactions you get can tell a lot about the people you meet.

#307425 - 02/16/08 07:28 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

Citizen Bruja Said
 Quote:
The first thing a person observes about you is how you've chosen to present yourself by how you look. It's only natural to form an immediate opinion based on that bit of information, therefore it's possible to judge someone accurately by what they have chosen to put out there by their clothing.

Japanese people always ask me for directions when I'm out and about. Maybe I them of their grandfathers or something.

First impression are the most important. Whether it's a job interview, interviewing someone for a job or a date.

If you look like a slob you'll be treated like one.

#307431 - 02/16/08 07:49 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
From now on you shall be my pumpkin, and I'm gonna love you and hug you and squeeze you UNTIL YOU DIE! ^_^

#307439 - 02/16/08 08:45 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA

That depends. Do you gun for the Imperial Navy?

(Everyone knows the pilots are losers!)

Undercroft

#307440 - 02/16/08 08:58 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis

Not sure why, but I hear Robert De Niro's voice saying that.
"I have nipples. Can you milk me?"

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#307444 - 02/16/08 09:15 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: The_Lightning]
Dantethevamp Offline

I wear a camo uniform with my pants bloused at the boots everyday. Does this make me a satanist?

~Dante

#307471 - 02/16/08 11:26 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I choose to wear all black- but not in an attempt to be "Satanic" or "More Satanic" than those who don't. Yes, it happens to fit with popular perception but it is actually a practical application. I liked Einstein's idea about having several pairs of the same wardrobe.
When I shop, I know what I am going to get and roughly how much it will cost. When I wash my clothes, I can just throw them all in together-who cares if black bleeds into black?!
When I wake up in the morning, I just grab and go. If I am to spill coffee or other food, it will not stain like it would on other clothes.
I have a biker look, I do not ride a motorcycle probably never will but I don't claim to be a biker either. My boots and jacket are easy to maintain because they are leather and they will last. I like to polish my boots.
Keep it simple, it's easier to keep track of.

#307531 - 02/17/08 08:43 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DickSteele]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I'm quite the opposite, I wear quite a lot of colourful clothes (in fact two of my favourite tops are rainbow themed and really stand out - I love them!). I take great pride in my appearance but surely personal aesthetic is just that, personal. I like the way I dress (as do other people as I'm generally complemented on my style) but that doesn't mean it's the best way to dress or that others should imitate it.

Personally I think the whole "Satanists only wear black leather" perception is a complete myth.

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#307544 - 02/17/08 09:02 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Scion]
Vestiphobic Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Sorry, but that to me seems like a dumb question.

Satanism is about individuality. There is no dress code, though, i can see how some people from similar social groups may be attracted to the concepts that the relgion offers, but my no means do you have to look like the girls from The Craft in order to be a member.

I have met a couple card carrying members, and non of them dressed the same.

#307551 - 02/17/08 09:20 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I tend to wear clothes that don't bring attention to others, mostly because I don't want to waste time trying to explain my clothing choices because I have better things to do.

Other than that, I wear what is comfortable.

And don't forget, Black is slimming!

#307569 - 02/17/08 10:30 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Scion]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Scion
Personally I think the whole "Satanists only wear black leather" perception is a complete myth.

Not so much that - just black.

Edited by DickSteele (02/17/08 10:32 AM)

#307589 - 02/17/08 11:34 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Well, aren't YOU just princess fancy-panties coming around here with your "belts" and shirt-tucking-in! Looky over there! That guy's wearing a belt-- that takes a lot of dexterity. He must be cultured!

You have Satanists so nailed down to a fashion statement you hardly leave room in your mind for reality.

#307606 - 02/17/08 01:26 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
It's not only your appearance that counts. It's how you USE it.

The Book of Belial says it best, when the applications of Sex, Sentiment, and Wonder are discussed.

#307616 - 02/17/08 02:37 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
wraith666 Offline

Loc: denver co
i believe that looks mean nothing,just because you may look like a prep or goth or whatever the hell people dress like..that has nothing to do with your beliefs...we should not judge you by your looks but by the actions that reprsent the satanic community...whether you be in a three piece suit or in the ever so trendy hot topic clothing we are all the same...

#307619 - 02/17/08 02:53 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: wraith666]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Read THE NINE SATANIC SINS (#9) and THE MYTH OF THE "SATANIC COMMUNITY."

http://churchofsatan.com/Pages/Theory.html
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#307624 - 02/17/08 03:17 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: wraith666]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

we are all the same...

Bullshit. Even among Satanists there is stratification, and for what it's worth, in my opinion some are clearly superior to others. Just my perspective, but there is no equality in Satanism.

#307679 - 02/18/08 02:49 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Jack_Lantern]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
This is to funny
I must say I'm very impressed. Who does your hair?

#307680 - 02/18/08 03:08 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I had no idea we were suppose to where uniforms to denote our following.

Dammit, Now I have to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit in.

(Ah, The fine art of bitter sweet sarcasm.)

#307692 - 02/18/08 07:17 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: I'mPerfecting]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

No purple shrouds and nikes.

#307694 - 02/18/08 07:32 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I sometimes dress 'goth' because I simply like the aesthetics of it. On most days however I prefer three-piece suits because nothing says 'succesful' and 'good manners' more than that. It's all a matter of what you want out of it.

#307698 - 02/18/08 07:59 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
The_Lightning Offline

I think that in reality most Satanists are more like how Rosemary's Baby portrays them- they might be somewhat different than the general crowd but not necessarily Satanic-looking as the herd would expect.

I think blending in is a very vital trait in a lot of cases.
Like Schopenhauer said it (perhaps slightly paraphrased)- humans are like butter; you have to soften them to use them.
When you come on all "Satanic looking" you put people's guards up, and unless you are in a position where frightening others would get you what you want- looking completely "normal" might be in your best interest. When you don't LOOK like a threat, you can easily be one without others noticing.

That said, I'd still say that there IS something very thrilling about tapping into that dark Satanic stereotype every once in a while- it has its emotional value, in a kind of psychodramatic way.
But the bottom line is that if you need to dress a certain way to feel like a somebody- you're probably really just a nobody.

#307700 - 02/18/08 08:38 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
foreverlearning Offline

I dress much more like the stereotypical hippie than a stereotypical satanist.
Hemp hoodie, jeans, and sandals is a common outfit for me. So I can't really say that I blend in, but I definately do not come off as a satanist to most people. I think I own one black sweatshirt, a couple black undershirts and a pair of black sweatpants. I couldn't dress 'satanic' if I wanted to.

Edited by foreverlearning (02/18/08 08:39 AM)
Edit Reason: I can't spell

#307701 - 02/18/08 08:45 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: The_Lightning]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I do enjoy to dress in an outlandish manner, dark and eccentric. Sadly I almost never get to do it, every day events require you to appear "normal". It's not that I feel like a nobody dressing in a conservative fashion. I simply feel bored with the conservative look. Bored to the point I sometimes want to puke.

I look forward to working more on my music when I get the time. In hopes that one day I'll get to dress as outlandish as I want. Until I grow sick of that and come up with something even more outlandish. Perhaps even dress conservative to throw people off. I don't like to stick to one look for too long I get bored too easily.

Some people may call me a poser for all the genres and styles I went through. I beg to differ, I always had my own style. I don't like to dress gothic, prepy, grunge and ect. I like to dress however I feel like dressing. I at one point shaved off my eyebrows and wore loads of make up. No surprise that I couldn't get a job for that period.

Nothing suits me more perfectly than being me. It's hard for people to label me and stick me with anything in particular. I very happy with that. The more I confuse sheep and make them wonder the more I take pleasure in what I wear. So in some respects it's also a game for me.

Edited by FalloutGod (02/18/08 08:46 AM)

#307714 - 02/18/08 09:21 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: FalloutGod]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

I think that being a Satanist is more of the way you carry yourself. Confidence in stride and manner. people can't pidgoen-hole you and that makes one seem 'dark'.

Edited by Risen08 (02/18/08 09:22 AM)

#307717 - 02/18/08 09:34 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Risen08]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

My girlfriend (still a pagan, but starting to see the dark) and I walk into a occult shop. I was looking for the right chalice and she wanted a tarot reading. I am dressed 'normal'. A maroon sweater and pair of jeans. Out of nowhere the girl behind the counter said, "I don't think we have what you are looking for".

I assumed she thought I was christian. She didn't.

We had an interesting conversation. She said my aura was dark. Whatever.

a side note..... the girlfriend's tarot reading made the reader's eyes tear up it was so good.

When I got home I acknowledged the magic.

#307731 - 02/18/08 10:49 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Lexifer Offline

I wear alot of black t-shirts,Jeans, and sneakers. I shave on occasion and because i can grow a face full of hair in 2 days, Somtimes i can get carried away with the facial hair shaving. It's fun to try diferent things. I like to wear things that dont go together but in my own way ..like my polo jacket and a deathmetal t-shirt.

I never could understand, growing up everyone tells you to be individual don't follow the crowd. Now that im all grown up everyone wants you to look like a carbon copy.
WTF?

Edited by Lexifer (02/18/08 10:50 AM)

#307781 - 02/18/08 01:57 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
What happens if one has a tendency towards naturism? *raises eyebrow*
Not so smart now, are you Captain Clothing.

#307801 - 02/18/08 02:39 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Autophilius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: DemonicAngel
Satanist are supposed to judge people on actions and not appearances.

Wrong. On both. Read: "The Nine Satanic Sins":
There is mentioned: "9. Lack of Aesthetics"

Autophilius

#307825 - 02/18/08 04:50 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
The_Lightning Offline

Our opinions do not differ.

You are applying what Robert Greene would call "The Dandy" seductive type; you are original in your dressing code just enough to attract attention, but not enough to cause unease. You do not look like a threat because you do not wander too far off the normal scale.
When I say normal, I mean being dressed according to common consent on what should be worn to a certain event. For example- it is one thing to come wearing an original, tasteful suit for a formal event, and a completely different thing to come to such an event wearing a corset and stockings.

That's one thing I find detestable about Goths/Punks- they cannot let go of their look no matter what- in school, in weddings, in a coffee house; they'll wear the same damn thing. They can't adapt to their environment because they fear losing their identity by doing so.

But anyhow, sometimes it IS in your best interest to look just like everybody else (not even slightly different- but really a 100% normal)- being in the background allows you to observe and plan your next move.
And sometimes you can look as abnormal as you bloody well wish- because you don't need to manipulate anyone—you just dress up for your own enjoyment.

#307843 - 02/18/08 05:48 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: The_Lightning]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I agree very much with your post. I have a comment about this:

Quote:
But anyhow, sometimes it IS in your best interest to look just like everybody else (not even slightly different- but really a 100% normal)- being in the background allows you to observe and plan your next move.

I wonder if Satanists exude charisma even in the most benign clothing? I think that yes, they most certainly do. Muggles react to a certain magnetism regardless of dress, although muggles may not know how to articulate exactly what it is they are sensing.

#307849 - 02/18/08 06:02 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: The_Lightning]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: The_Lightning
I think that in reality most Satanists are more like how Rosemary's Baby portrays them-

Do you mean old, naked and chanting in the next door apartment?

#307850 - 02/18/08 06:09 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Zakolyev

I have a different take on this. Personally, with my formal attire made up of accouterments of centuries past applied in a tasteful manner, I am able to impress people quite often. I stand out, surely, but not as a target.

Okay...I am not trying to be funny here...you dress as in your avatar, and are not a target?

#307852 - 02/18/08 06:18 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Autophilius]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I judge people based on their appearance because I expect people to know that people judge each other based on their appearance.

Someone who looks like total crap is either trying to make a statement (and that statement typically fails more often than it succeeds) or is too lazy or socially inept to even try to do better.

A person's outside appearance often--though not always--conveys something about their inner state. Now, that "something" may vary or be unpredictable, and may require some thought or interpretation mind you, but there is still some kind of a connection between the inside and the outside.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#307864 - 02/18/08 06:48 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
The_Lightning Offline

Quote:
. Muggles react to a certain magnetism regardless of dress, although muggles may not know how to articulate exactly what it is they are sensing.

yes, I think so too.

But I think it's possible for a Satanist in a group situation (on a one-on-one situation this doesn't apply, naturally) to stay out of the main focus *at first*.
Eventually you can't hide from people your Satanic nature.

#307865 - 02/18/08 06:54 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
The_Lightning Offline

Now that I see what you were talking about—
Well,
I think it would be entertaining to most, and therefore not threatening.
The problem with this kind of attire is that people might not take you seriously sometimes, when you actually need them too.
Then again, by letting others not treat you seriously you have a position of strength over them since they don't expect you to be a threat.

Hmm… this is something I didn't consider.
A Goth/Punk look might also work in THAT kind of manner- when you look outlandish like that you might not seem like a competition.

Edited by The_Lightning (02/18/08 07:07 PM)
Edit Reason: typos

#307867 - 02/18/08 06:58 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
The_Lightning Offline

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
 Originally Posted By: The_Lightning
I think that in reality most Satanists are more like how Rosemary's Baby portrays them-

YES.

#307868 - 02/18/08 06:58 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I think it's all about how you carry it, and what you end up 'saying' with the presentation of the full package that is your appearance, your hygiene, your posture, your "vibe," your speech, and your mannerisms.

A lot of kids--goths, geeks, punks, etc.--don a flashy or unusual outside to compensate for a lack of an interesting, deep, or confident inside. The lazy ones will just put on a boler hat, a tie, or a sport coat, while still wearing jeans and baggy, Cheeto-stained t-shirts. They may also try to put on a flashy or eccentric persona to boot, and so they'll talk like pretentious Renaissance Fair actors or extras in a community production of "A Christmas Story." You can see the artifice from a mile away.

But, if a person has the right personality and the proper "vibe," and also realizes that the same look isn't appropriate in every context, even an eccentric or unusual look can be pulled off nicely. I certainly can admire a person who has the chutzpah to do it, and who endeavors to do it well. (Hell, the shopping alone takes guts, because it can take a lot of time, effort, and consideration.)

Lightning has picked up an interesting and valid angle there--get on top of people by coming up from beneath. The Snot Bubble, in a different form.

In this case, the form is called "OMG look at the faggoty goth kid, tee hee hee." No genuine insult meant to Zako, but of course there will be "cool kids" who will think and say this. But, while they are busy laughing and slapping high-fives, they're distracted--and that is a person's chance to flip, flop, or fly.

Edited by TrojZyr (02/18/08 07:14 PM)

#307869 - 02/18/08 07:06 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TrojZyr]
The_Lightning Offline

You always had a knack for putting things into words perfectly.

Quote:
The Snot Bubble, in a different form.

Ah! Right.... didn't make the connection.
But that's exactly it.

Quote:
who has the chutzpah to do it

And you get an extra tiki for using a Hebrew slang ^_^

#307871 - 02/18/08 07:12 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: The_Lightning]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Thanks \:\) .

I like tikis.

#307877 - 02/18/08 07:34 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Dantethevamp]
DemonicAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Dantethevamp
I wear a camo uniform with my pants bloused at the boots everyday. Does this make me a satanist?

Welcome to the club...I hate ACU's.

#307891 - 02/18/08 08:56 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Hate your uniform all you like, but if you wear it with an image of pride, your chain of command will see a soldier. When we wore BDU's, we had to iron and press crease's into our uniforms. I took mine to the cleaners. Many soldier's do not understand the importance of their appearance. It can keep your 1st seargent of your back. It will also let your chain of command know you are a soldier, it says "promote me".

If you understand this, you have enough between your ears to set yourself apart.

What you wear during down time is your own business, just don't think people are not looking.

#307941 - 02/19/08 01:13 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
What people SAY about your appearance, and what they THINK are two totally different things.

Based on visual first impressions, if you were wearing that outfit, I'd personally disregard you as a retard, and move on. I wouldn't SAY it, but I would sure as hell be thinking it.

I have seen people dress in similar fashion who were not going to a dinner party, or participating in a play. There was nothing commanding about it, they looked silly and out of place to me, laughable, like they were going out for Halloween...I think this way about anyone who tries to look freakishly outlandish for no apparent reason.

HOWEVER.

For those "less sharp" out there, in particular much of the herd, I can see how it would "work" somewhat to invoke a sense of mystery. Not my taste, but if it is working for you, hell, whatever.

Edited by Phosis (02/19/08 01:13 AM)

#307943 - 02/19/08 01:22 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

So I don't just come off as an insulting prick, invading this thread just to get a "jab" in (which was not what I intended.) I will share my view on the subject as well.

I think it is important to dress in a manner that puts you "on top" of whatever situation. At work, dress a bit better then everyone else you work with. Outside of work, do the same. Going overboard for no particular fucking reason can be problematic, single you out, and make you the focus of unwanted attention. I like to remain ambiguous, but all the same, look like I might be "up to" something.

As said elsewhere, (I won't take credit for it.) dress to be the leader of whatever situation you might be in.

Sometimes I like to dress how I do in my avatar, when walking around at night.(minus the glasses. Sunglasses at night make you look like a shithead.) It works in the day too, depending on where I am going. I am not partial to black entirely...a nice brown suit jacket can fit with practically any attire, and helps to propel you just above the rest of the crowd.

In the spring time, a nice leather bomber coat can have similar effect, giving a tougher appearence all the same. As for summer, well, anything goes...I dress to be comfortable as well, but wouldn't be caught dead in sandals and shorts. Just not my bag.

Dress is a big part of Lesser Magic. Appearance, especially during the first impression, is extremely important. Anyone who says "looks don't matter" is an asshole. I can't SEE intellect, and morals...I can however see a moron with too much black makeup, a bum in shitty old jeans and a faded Slayer shirt, or yes, a goofball in a top hat and a cane, looking like he is straight out of Oliver Twist...hanging out in the mall....in the year 2008 ;\)

#307944 - 02/19/08 01:24 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Perhaps your own paradigm is in need of adjustment then? I am not, as you would have presumed, a "retard," so your prejudice is detrimental to right judgment.

Maybe you're not? But based on your appearance, that is how it would appear. If that offends you, it's your issue not mine.

Edited by Phosis (02/19/08 01:25 AM)

#307945 - 02/19/08 01:27 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Anyways, I don't want to be guilty of turning this thread into an overblown flamers fantasy land...my intent was not to be insulting, nor was it "prejudice". If you want to carry on this conversation, please PM me, I am more then happy to explain myself further.

#307948 - 02/19/08 01:34 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

That's part of the magic, is it not? To deceive those around you, give them the wrong impression with a purpose to inspire a certain stereotype of you. The herd is easily played by the appearance of another.

Example: I had long hair as I liked it at the time and saw a grungy girl I liked. I imitated the grunge look of the time. Converse, khaki's and random nondescript cheap T-shirts. Knowing that she was an obsessive Nirvana fan I had my hair cut similar to Kurt Cobain's and trimmed to have beard stubble. Naturally I came off looking a bit darker and mysterious than the average grunger due to my sense of style. Either way it proved to be effective and I eventually got what I wanted.

#307950 - 02/19/08 01:41 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: FalloutGod]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

You adapted, to manipulate. That is Lesser Magic.

My entire point, which got lost in translation, was dressing to extremes for no reason, when they don't "fit" the bill, can be detrimental to this.

Zakolyev took it a as a personal insult, when it was simply a frank opinion of how I would see it...not an affirmation of how EVERYONE would look at him.

I am talking about subtle manipulation here. As I said, if it works for him, great!

#307955 - 02/19/08 02:16 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Perhaps your own paradigm is in need of adjustment then? I am not, as you would have presumed, a "retard," so your prejudice is detrimental to right judgment.

I'll just clear it up fully right now, so there are no hurt feelings.

I am talking here about a very quick situation...I am in the grocery store, and see you walking around dressed as you are, chin up high, putting "Sapporo Ichiban" in your shopping cart. Your appearance would be comical and silly to me, and that would be my first impression.

Would I stop to chat with you about it, out of curiosity or boredom?

Not bloody likely. I have never done so before, why would this particular time be any different?

I would not go home and dwell, or talk about "This goofy looking guy" I saw that day. I couldn't give two shits less, I live in a big city, I am downtown frequently, and there is TONS of that shit going on. Ever seen a man dressed like santa clause in the middle of summer riding a bicycle with a rubber pony head on the front of it? I have. I have seen a lot worse.

IF however, we sat down and chatted for whatever reason, and I realized we had something in common, or your not a bad guy, my perception will have changed. He is a good guy who LOOKS like a goof, not necessarily a goof who looks like a goof.

Just my two cents, don't take it personally (Why would you? Who the hell am I?) I am just saying.

#307956 - 02/19/08 02:27 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Moved to PM...Carry on!

#307961 - 02/19/08 03:01 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway

That certainly describes me perfectly.

#308052 - 02/19/08 11:10 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I wrestled with aesthetics for a long time.

When I was younger, I felt aesthetics didn't matter, and shouldn't matter, primarily because I was surrounded by haughty and rigid people whose standards seemed irrational, nonsensical, and often arbitrary.

Once I learned not to toss out an important message, even when the messenger's an idiot, I then had to decide how I was going to present myself. Obviously, baggy tees and jeans weren't going to do it for me anymore.

I toyed with "retro" clothing for a little bit. I was intrigued by styles from the 50s, the 40s, and before. In the end, I found that the clothing was often hard to find, especially in the right sizes, and that I just didn't look right in most of it.

I like various kinds of suits, so I tried them on for size (pun intended) next. I bought a very nice grey one from a thrift store. I soon realized, however, that suits were going to be impractical for my brand of everyday wear-and-tear, that it was going to be hard to find lots of suits in the right size, and that a girl wearing a suit was going to unnerve and upset some people in ways that I just didn't want to deal with every day.

My current preferred style is black shorts or a skort, and a nice coloured shirt, and I'm very happy with it. It meets my needs.

Though, I'm a child at heart, so if I saw a person in 19th-century wear buying Sapporo at the store, I'd be tickled pink. I don't know what I'd necessarily think about the person as an individual--it'd be dependent on what other vibes I was getting--but the event itself would fill me with delight.

#308055 - 02/19/08 11:19 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TrojZyr]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Well, we discussed the matter in general more privately, and I explained I would not judge a personality or a mind by the way that person dressed. Any further judgement would require further interaction then simply passing by.

#308061 - 02/19/08 11:37 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

What if they were naked?

#308065 - 02/19/08 11:49 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TrojZyr]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
In art school (not surprisingly, I guess) I heard folks profess that they would wear whatever they damn well pleased because they "shouldn't be judged by clothes alone". I could see their point but that's just not the way the world works, is it? It's an incredibely unrealistic and counterproductive attitude to have. On the flip side, judging someone solely on their dress can be dangerously misleading.

I have the luxury of not being in social settings hardly ever these days so my clothing choices are suited entirely to my needs and comfort. Jeans or fatigues faded to aged velvet softness, t-shirts or workshirts I don't mind getting paint or oil on, and whatever footwear that accomodates my mutant feet. There is, however, not a chance in hell I would have shown up to a corporate board meeting in similar fashion.

You also made a fantastic point about finding what works for you. What looks good on some people will most definitely not look good on others. I was never one for wearing typical female corporate fashions and got alot of jokes about my funereal wear (all black). But I was well-tailored, clean, pressed and most importantly comfortable and confident. Attention to details can also make a world of difference.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#308069 - 02/19/08 11:53 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Capice.

I, like most knowledgable practitioners of turning up in clothes, have the habit of choosing the right ones for the situation even if I do sometimes go a little over the top.

I don't think displaying a tiny amount of eccentricity is necessarily a bad thing, and in the right setting fuck the tiny amount and go the whole nine yards.

If you can get away with one chosen style all of the time, more power to you and your wallet.

#308074 - 02/19/08 12:10 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Shade]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
This one time, in art school ... or was it band camp?

I agree that there is a difference between dressing for your job or an activity and how you regularly present yourself. Doktor LaVey points this out in The Satanic Witch when he differentiates between someone who wears all black because of their occupation and someone who chooses to wear all black. I certainly would not wear my studio garb or gym gear for a night out on the town, now that's just common sense. ;\)

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#308099 - 02/19/08 02:02 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TrojZyr]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Clothing is also a political statement at times. Did your university also have those "I refuse to wear name brand/animal by product/sweatshop attire" people? Their clothes are usually so damn ugly.

My favourite type of hypocrites are the "feminists" that insists that any type of clothing that is alluring to men should be avoided as a statement that women don't want to be objectified. Which I think is the biggest joke on them, because most of them have typical resentful passive aggressive pussy boyfriends, that the girls complain about being not very "passionate".

Duh.

As for this thread, I've experimented quite a bit with my aesthetic. It's a thrill for me to combine well tailored clothing with thrift-shop finds. (I found a luxuriously soft fur stole for 4$ this summer. I can't wait for an opportunity to wear it.) I've settled mostly on bombshell type clothing. I switch it up, but those styles suit and flatter my body type.

Adjusting to your body type is important I think, even particular body parts. Sometimes I wear my rack, know what I mean? ;\)

#308105 - 02/19/08 02:41 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:
Sometimes I wear my rack, know what I mean?
;\)

No, but if you wish to PM me with some photos, I would be glad to inspect them!
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#308114 - 02/19/08 03:03 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Yep. A few at university, many in high school. Even I quasi-went through that phase in middle and elementary school, because I was surrounded by kids (and their parents) who seemed obsessed with brand names and status symbols, and I (rightfully) found that whole circus disgusting, infantile, and stupid.

But, then I realized that issues like sweatshops and corporate power are more complex than I'd known; that practically everybody has their hands in some kind of dirty business, so it's all about trade-offs; and that life's too short to fixate on making anti-statements all the time.

When I started wearing form-revealing and form-fitting shirts as a young adult, I felt great. It's empowering.

The problem with a lot of people is this: they decide on the statement they want to make, and then they run with that, no matter what. That's how you get kids in ugly "moral" clothes, celebrities in bad-looking dresses, and fat people in capri pants and belly shirts. It's also probably true that these people do not trust their own judgment or understand themselves well enough to be able to know and to admit when things aren't working for them.

Or, in short, "Jesus Christ, look in a mirror already!"

#308115 - 02/19/08 03:04 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

So be it. Here's my big rack:

#308117 - 02/19/08 03:11 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

You wear that? Please PM me with photos of you wearing that! \:D
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#308122 - 02/19/08 03:24 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TrojZyr]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:
The problem with a lot of people is this: they decide on the statement they want to make, and then they run with that, no matter what...these people do not trust their own judgment or understand themselves well enough to be able to know and to admit when things aren't working for them.

True! They let popularity dictate their clothing choices, not their personal attributes.

Quote:
When I started wearing form-revealing and form-fitting shirts as a young adult, I felt great. It's empowering.

Most definitely. Also, I've noticed that when I go out dressed to the nines men will look at me, but rarely speak to me. Whereas if I dress down somewhat, more men will make conversation.

I don't dress down very often. ;\)

#308126 - 02/19/08 03:38 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

PMs not necessary; I'm not ashamed of my body.

#308127 - 02/19/08 03:42 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Nice rack.

#308137 - 02/19/08 04:25 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Not Bad, not bad at all! ;\)

#308144 - 02/19/08 05:27 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Um.. lexi... Why are your nether region's eyes glowing...Oh the comments I must restrain.....

#308155 - 02/19/08 07:25 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Eibon]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

What? You don't like her rack Innominandum? I don't care what Innominandum says Lexi, that rack still needs a 21 point safety inspection by a highly trained professional! ;\)

#308162 - 02/19/08 08:35 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Eibon]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Innominandum
Um.. lexi... Why are your nether region's eyes glowing...Oh the comments I must restrain.....

I have Kryptonite ovaries.

#308164 - 02/19/08 08:36 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Nephilim
What? You don't like her rack Innominandum? I don't care what Innominandum says Lexi, that rack still needs a 21 point safety inspection by a highly trained professional! ;\)

Just like the boys in high school, "I'm an FBI agent. A Female Body Inspector."

#308165 - 02/19/08 08:43 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: lexiphanic
I have Kryptonite ovaries.

Trying to keep the Übermenschen away? \:D

#308171 - 02/19/08 09:27 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:
My favourite type of hypocrites are the "feminists" that insists that any type of clothing that is alluring to men should be avoided as a statement that women don't want to be objectified.

These hypocrites are quite plentiful up here in Sweden and it's driving me crazy.
When I was in church last Sunday I overheard one of the local FI-members* whisper to her friend:
"Dress anyway you want, as long as you do not look sexy."
Her fried was quite the looker, and really should not have to diminish her beauty in order to be taken seriously by her (female) peers.

*= Feminist initiative, a small political party established a few years ago by the formerly(?) alcoholic Gudrun Schyman.

Incedentally: Your rack is impressive, but my gaze is immediately drawn towards your sandals. Very nice!

Hail Satan!

Edited by The Black Waltz (02/19/08 09:27 PM)

#308174 - 02/19/08 09:38 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Mr Avarice]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Wow... let me quote George Carlin. "Why is it that the people who don't want to have sex are the ones you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?"

#308211 - 02/20/08 02:40 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Just like the boys in high school, "I'm an FBI agent. A Female Body Inspector."

Safety is Job 1.

#308218 - 02/20/08 04:39 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Mr Avarice]
Scion Offline

Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
When I was in church last Sunday...

WHOA!

Does a serious double take

You where WHERE last Sunday???

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

#308219 - 02/20/08 04:40 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Shade]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
 Originally Posted By: Shade
But I was well-tailored, clean, pressed and most importantly comfortable and confident. Attention to details can also make a world of difference.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on the whole matter. Emphasis is mine.

I dress how I damn well feel like, of course. But I do so for whatever is fitting for what I'm doing, aiming for comfort and confidence, but also what is appropriate for the situation at hand.

For example, when I'm at work, I dress for warmth while still remaining professional (to a casual degree, as I'm not corporate management). Jeans or thick dress pants, plain sweatshirts of both pull-over and zip-up variety, my airport security badge to remain in compliance with TSA regulations, sneakers (I walk a lot), and sometimes leather gloves fitted for comfort and dexterity, while still retaining warmth.

However, were I representing my business (which is coming along nicely, by the way), I would not dress this way. For this, I have a well-fitted suit, well-pressed. Mostly dark colors, yes, but in a corporate setting, dark colors can have a very powerful impact, especially if you're well-dressed and well-mannered. I am certain to be clean-shaven and have my hair trimmed. Special detail to even such "little" things can make you come across as meticulous, detail-oriented, and usually very successful, as well. Use it to your benefit.

Attire and hygiene are a fantastic asset when they are properly applied. However, if you get lax and allow yourself to just "wear whatever you want" without any attention to the setting and context, you're setting yourself up for failure.

#308221 - 02/20/08 04:45 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Scion Offline

Well, thank you kindly! I put a lot into the ensemble, so it is quite a delight to hear another's real appreciation for it.

I think you look pretty cool as well Zakolyev (in fact I'd go as far as to say very attractive based on your previous avatar ;\) ), although your look probably requires far more effort to maintain than I'm able to muster. I'm a bit dubious of the mega-side boards though...

#308224 - 02/20/08 05:44 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Scion]
Mr Avarice Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

WHOA!

Does a serious double take

You where WHERE last Sunday???

I usually go to church every other Sunday or so. Before I go I take with me some book that I want to read (This time it was the Satanic witch, ironically) and hide it in a bible cover.
When I get there I sit down and read to my hearts content whilst the minister babbles away.

The main reason for me to go there though, is the food. Many churches in Sweden have a traditional Sunday Smörgåsbord ready for it's guests and there is almost always more food then is necessary.
On a Sunday morning, how could anyone turn down such an ample opportunity for gluttony?

#308226 - 02/20/08 06:22 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Mr Avarice]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I envy you good sir, I wish some American churches would serve good food. Hmm, I have a friend who's all into Jesus and knows well I have The Satanic Bible, Satanic Ritual Book, Satan Speaks!. I tend to leave them in plain sight around my room. So people will usually spot them and "oooh! what's that little black book there next to the computer?" He apparently didn't mind, we agreed to disagree, to each his own. So it just occurs to me now he'd be more than delighted to take me to his church service if I dressed for the occasion(he demanded I wear something other than solid black and less ornamentation last time... I didn't get what was so offensive about a wrist warmer that has a Nintendo logo and Mario mushroom). If there's food there I'm going.

#308242 - 02/20/08 09:41 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Scion Offline

I don't normally say things like this but - what a bush!

#308244 - 02/20/08 09:52 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

For what it’s worth…nothing you read in any satanic literature concerning fashion, clothes or personal appearance is written in a vacuum. I will go out on a limb and say that there is nowhere in our core texts that discusses the use of fashion to announce that we are Satanists. What you do find are guidelines on appearance, with regard to affecting others so that you can get what you want.

I have a woman, I am able to scare the crap out of someone with a look and I can charm the pants off of whoever needs their pants charmed off. The effect I want is comfort. I am wearing the same thing I wore yesterday, and will wear tomorrow…a t-shirt, jeans and running shoes. Does that make me Satanic? No. That makes me comfortable. Now, if I am off to a planned meeting, I am sure I will have the appropriate attire. Just don’t expect black…or any other uniform. These remarks are not targeted at those discussing fashion.

#308245 - 02/20/08 10:01 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Does that make me Satanic? No. That makes me comfortable. Now, if I am off to a planned meeting, I am sure I will have the appropriate attire. Just dont expect black or any other uniform. These remarks are not targeted at those discussing fashion.

Being dressed comfortably while still able to manipulate doesn't make you Satanic? Sounds pretty Satanic to me.

#308248 - 02/20/08 10:23 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

This may or may not make sense. I appreciate your comment; but, more and more, I have stopped referring to anything that I do, how I choose to describe an aspect of myself, or my motivations as “satanic”. I am a Satanist. I do things that come naturally to me…my descriptions of myself simply reflect how I am similar or dissimilar to others and my motivations generally come about because I simply enjoy doing this, that or the other thing. I am finding that attaching the adjective “satanic” to myself is redundant. The very fact that I AM a Satanist pretty much covers all of the other stuff, don’t you think?

As far as my remarks about fashion…I enjoy reading what people who are knowledgeable about the subject have to say. There are those who enjoy fashion, for it’s own sake…or make a living at it. I don’t need to name names. Nothing I wrote was aimed at them. It is aimed at people who use fashion as a way of attaching the adjective “satanic” to them. I feel the same for music and styles of art. If a Satanist wears black and enjoys metal, they are just that…a Satanist who wears black and enjoys metal. If someone wears black and listens to metal to be “satanic”, you can see them coming from a mile away. That answers the questions of the original post…many “Satanists” wear black and whatever else you can think of to try to be “satanic”. Why? Because they are not Satanists, that's why. See what I mean?

But, again, I do appreciate your comment. And, yes…I do enjoy listening to metal sometimes.

#308249 - 02/20/08 10:32 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Yes I do, Mr. Roho.

You were using the definition of "Satanic" not as it pertains to the Satanist, but as it does to those who do not yet (or may never) understand.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one, and I must say, I refrain from such as well. (thus the point of my original comment.)

Anything a Satanist does, a real Satanist, is Satanic. (Let's not nitpick here...I am not talking about a so-called "Satanist" who decides to murder somebody someday. He never was one in the first place.)

#308250 - 02/20/08 10:43 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Quote:
I am a Satanist. I do things that come naturally to me…my descriptions of myself simply reflect how I am similar or dissimilar to others and my motivations generally come about because I simply enjoy doing this, that or the other thing. I am finding that attaching the adjective “satanic” to myself is redundant. The very fact that I AM a Satanist pretty much covers all of the other stuff, don’t you think?

YES!!!!!

#308252 - 02/20/08 11:01 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Now that I got that out of my system, I will go back to what I do best...thinking up stuff to write about, discussing shoes with Lexiphanic, and not pissing off the moderators. In the immortal words of the deceptivley wise Forrest Gump..."I'm tired now".

#308314 - 02/20/08 07:07 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

I agree with the Rooster!

#308357 - 02/20/08 11:57 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

As do I.

#308657 - 02/22/08 10:20 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

I would never NOT like a good rack! I think you said it best, my friend. Safty is job 1!

#308660 - 02/22/08 10:23 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Eibon Offline

CoS Member

HA HA HA!! You are hysterical! hummmmmmm... Three words... Fortress ..of...Solitude..

oh, I better stop!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements