Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#307381 - 02/16/08 05:19 PM Clothing/Personal style.
DemonicAngel Offline

Loc: Texas
Why is it that many satanists feel they must dress in black clothing and have mass amount of earings and such in their bodies.I know and understand we all have our own perception of what is attractive but the "gothic" style seems to be of great social importance to many satanist.For example I often choose to wear darker blue jeans a black shirt and a silver pentagram around my neck.I often hear I dress to "old fashoned" for a satainst simply because I keep a neat and clean appearance.Satanist are supposed to judge people on actions and not appearances.I suppose in short im saying just because I tuck my shirt in and wear a belt doesent make me any less of a satanist. [img][/img]

Edited by DemonicAngel (02/16/08 05:30 PM)

#307383 - 02/16/08 05:22 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
How many Church of Satan members have you met in person?

Judging by your words, I'd dare say next to none. I don't know that I have met a group of folks that are more meticulous and well groomed in their appearances... regardless of what style of clothing they choose for themselves. Aesthetics are a powerful tool for a Satanist, and it sounds to me like the people who are giving you their opinion on the matter are a far cry from the real thing.

Quote:
Satanist are supposed to judge people on actions and not appearances.

The first thing a person observes about you is how you've chosen to present yourself by how you look. It's only natural to form an immediate opinion based on that bit of information, therefore it's possible to judge someone accurately by what they have chosen to put out there by their clothing.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#307387 - 02/16/08 05:33 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Bruja]
DemonicAngel Offline

Loc: Texas
I have met a few card carrying members.They were annoying and played "heavy metal" all to often.

#307394 - 02/16/08 05:56 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Satanism is a religion. Not a dress code.

If a Satanist wants to dress in black and have "mass amount of earings and such in their bodies" then that's based on their desires.

#307395 - 02/16/08 05:59 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Ok. I wear coveralls, is that Satanic?

#307405 - 02/16/08 06:35 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII
Ok. I wear coveralls, is that Satanic?

I don't mean to expose what you really look like but what the heck.

#307408 - 02/16/08 06:48 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Callier]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Mine are grey. Also, I don't do that fruity tucking-into-the-boots shit.

But, I do wear an orange hard hat.

Is that Satanic?

#307409 - 02/16/08 06:50 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It sure is! ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#307411 - 02/16/08 06:51 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:
But, I do wear an orange hard hat.

Is that Satanic?

Yes.

Everyone knows that Satanists love Halloween.

Orange hard hats look like pumpkins.

You are in the clear.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#307412 - 02/16/08 06:52 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Bruja]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Good, my fragile ego would have collapsed if someone hadn't been along to validate me.

#307416 - 02/16/08 07:00 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America

This is an image of me at an event. I always dress to impress, especially the ladies.

#307417 - 02/16/08 07:01 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: DemonicAngel
I have met a few card carrying members.They were annoying and played "heavy metal" all to often.

"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#307419 - 02/16/08 07:07 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
Although I am not the snappiest dresser in the world, I can say that I dress in a decent manner. Appearances are important to some degree when interacting with others, but there's a point where all the glamor in the world can't carry your impression for you.

Some days I feel like wearing those old holey jeans with that worn out tee shirt. Aesthetics are part of Satanism. This does not mean there is one aesthetic that is more Satanic than any other. Just be aware of your visual effect on other people. The reactions you get can tell a lot about the people you meet.

#307425 - 02/16/08 07:28 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

Citizen Bruja Said
 Quote:
The first thing a person observes about you is how you've chosen to present yourself by how you look. It's only natural to form an immediate opinion based on that bit of information, therefore it's possible to judge someone accurately by what they have chosen to put out there by their clothing.

Japanese people always ask me for directions when I'm out and about. Maybe I them of their grandfathers or something.

First impression are the most important. Whether it's a job interview, interviewing someone for a job or a date.

If you look like a slob you'll be treated like one.

#307431 - 02/16/08 07:49 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
From now on you shall be my pumpkin, and I'm gonna love you and hug you and squeeze you UNTIL YOU DIE! ^_^

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12162 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405745 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements