Topic Options
#307905 - 02/18/08 09:43 PM God's and spirits?
Deleter Enki Offline

I was wondering...

It reads in Church of Satan that you don't believe in any gods nor supernatural. Still magic is a part of it.
If you believe in magic, how far is a superior being, who possesses great magical skills, from a god? If there is to be one.. Do you think there could be some superior beings?

I like to hide in trends and use them as my playground to gain resources for my ideology. I make music, and try to have as many commercial aspects in it I can get. Actually, I even enjoy those trends. That's who I am (If anyone's interested)..

#307906 - 02/18/08 09:49 PM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Deleter Enki]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I recommend asking this question in the Questions about the Church of Satan forum to get an official answer from CoS hierarchy.

But a quicker answer, read The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey, it's in there.

Edited by Wolf Landon (02/18/08 09:50 PM)

#307907 - 02/18/08 09:53 PM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Philotechnic]
Deleter Enki Offline

So you say LaVey is the one to have consultation from... I see him as the beginning of this society. But more I'd like to have opinions from todays satanists. For that i think I'm in the right place.. Sorry for bringing up the Church of Satan as the center of this information.

#307911 - 02/18/08 10:03 PM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Deleter Enki]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
LaVey laid the foundation of Satanism in his literature. He defined and codified Satanism, all else is hogwash.

You'll find by reading The Satanic Bible that Satanists start out as atheists then declare themselves their own gods.

For anymore questions, I recommend the "Questions for the Church of Satan" section.

#307915 - 02/18/08 10:40 PM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Philotechnic]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

What of Agnostics?

"1: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god" - http://www.webster.com

In fact, The Satanic Bible has a passage on the matter. So to the person asking the question. Read Wanted!: God--Dead or Alive within the book and that should answer your question. In the end it's I=God, simple and solid without fracture or fault.

Correct me if I left something out or worded this incorrectly. I'm not sure if that was a good synopsis.

#307968 - 02/19/08 03:57 AM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Deleter Enki]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Deleter Enki
If you believe in magic, how far is a superior being, who possesses great magical skills, from a god?

As it states right in The Satanic Bible, 1) theists have all different crazy ideas of what constitutes a deity, 2) Satanists are their own "God", for various reasons. So I don't see why you're stretching the distinction.

I like to hide in trends and use them as my playground to gain resources for my ideology.

In other words, you're not a Satanist, but came to a Satanism forum in hopes of "using" us? If it's Satanism you want to learn about, the books are all there.

So you say LaVey is the one to have consultation from... I see him as the beginning of this society.

I think Mr. Landon was more pointing to the fact that this question is already answered in the book, which is easily obtainable and has been in print for almost 40 years. That's kind of the point in printing things like books, FAQs, websites, and articles: so that you don't have to keep repeating yourself.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#307975 - 02/19/08 05:49 AM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Deleter Enki]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
So you say LaVey is the one to have consultation from... I see him as the beginning of this society. But more I'd like to have opinions from todays satanists. For that i think I'm in the right place.. Sorry for bringing up the Church of Satan as the center of this information.

What has been written 40 years ago is "todays Satanism".

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#308023 - 02/19/08 09:24 AM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: Deleter Enki]
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
I don't think you have to think about a superior being with great magical skills. We do not believe in any anthropomorphic "superior" beings.

The magic every Satanist works with is not to be found elsewhere but within every Satanist's Inner Self.

I think your problem is that you still have that kind of "christian" conception of a superior being, call it "god" or whatever; Try to look deep into yourself and you may find your god and your magic there.

Besides, as everybody said, first read, understand and then learn as much as possible.

H.S.

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#308024 - 02/19/08 09:28 AM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: FalloutGod]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
If you are committed to the idea that you are your own God- you do therefore believe in the God who is you, which makes you--- not agnostic.
That's why we use the term "Itheists" to describe Satanism.

Personally though, I sure do "believe" in logic and therefore am an Atheist in the strict sense of the word.

#308120 - 02/19/08 03:23 PM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: The_Lightning]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I know, I meant starting out.

So the concept of I=God, being your own deity and worshiping your self does not have a real word to stratify it?

#308595 - 02/22/08 02:02 AM Re: God's and spirits? [Re: FalloutGod]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
 Originally Posted By: FalloutGod
I know, I meant starting out.

So the concept of I=God, being your own deity and worshiping your self does not have a real word to stratify it?

Review the posts, and Dr. LaVey's literature and you will easily find answers to your, seemingly, metaphysical conundrum.

Inequity lends itself to superiority.

Supernormal.

Read the "Law of the Trapezoid," from "The Devil's Notebook," for closer inspection of how the good Doktor might explain at your question.

Perhaps, it is all smoke and mirrors, but then again...
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405548 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements