Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#308242 - 02/20/08 09:41 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
I don't normally say things like this but - what a bush!

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#308244 - 02/20/08 09:52 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: DemonicAngel]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
For what it’s worth…nothing you read in any satanic literature concerning fashion, clothes or personal appearance is written in a vacuum. I will go out on a limb and say that there is nowhere in our core texts that discusses the use of fashion to announce that we are Satanists. What you do find are guidelines on appearance, with regard to affecting others so that you can get what you want.

I have a woman, I am able to scare the crap out of someone with a look and I can charm the pants off of whoever needs their pants charmed off. The effect I want is comfort. I am wearing the same thing I wore yesterday, and will wear tomorrow…a t-shirt, jeans and running shoes. Does that make me Satanic? No. That makes me comfortable. Now, if I am off to a planned meeting, I am sure I will have the appropriate attire. Just don’t expect black…or any other uniform. These remarks are not targeted at those discussing fashion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#308245 - 02/20/08 10:01 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Does that make me Satanic? No. That makes me comfortable. Now, if I am off to a planned meeting, I am sure I will have the appropriate attire. Just dont expect black or any other uniform. These remarks are not targeted at those discussing fashion.

Being dressed comfortably while still able to manipulate doesn't make you Satanic? Sounds pretty Satanic to me.

#308248 - 02/20/08 10:23 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

This may or may not make sense. I appreciate your comment; but, more and more, I have stopped referring to anything that I do, how I choose to describe an aspect of myself, or my motivations as “satanic”. I am a Satanist. I do things that come naturally to me…my descriptions of myself simply reflect how I am similar or dissimilar to others and my motivations generally come about because I simply enjoy doing this, that or the other thing. I am finding that attaching the adjective “satanic” to myself is redundant. The very fact that I AM a Satanist pretty much covers all of the other stuff, don’t you think?

As far as my remarks about fashion…I enjoy reading what people who are knowledgeable about the subject have to say. There are those who enjoy fashion, for it’s own sake…or make a living at it. I don’t need to name names. Nothing I wrote was aimed at them. It is aimed at people who use fashion as a way of attaching the adjective “satanic” to them. I feel the same for music and styles of art. If a Satanist wears black and enjoys metal, they are just that…a Satanist who wears black and enjoys metal. If someone wears black and listens to metal to be “satanic”, you can see them coming from a mile away. That answers the questions of the original post…many “Satanists” wear black and whatever else you can think of to try to be “satanic”. Why? Because they are not Satanists, that's why. See what I mean?

But, again, I do appreciate your comment. And, yes…I do enjoy listening to metal sometimes.

#308249 - 02/20/08 10:32 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Yes I do, Mr. Roho.

You were using the definition of "Satanic" not as it pertains to the Satanist, but as it does to those who do not yet (or may never) understand.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this one, and I must say, I refrain from such as well. (thus the point of my original comment.)

Anything a Satanist does, a real Satanist, is Satanic. (Let's not nitpick here...I am not talking about a so-called "Satanist" who decides to murder somebody someday. He never was one in the first place.)

#308250 - 02/20/08 10:43 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
 Quote:
I am a Satanist. I do things that come naturally to me…my descriptions of myself simply reflect how I am similar or dissimilar to others and my motivations generally come about because I simply enjoy doing this, that or the other thing. I am finding that attaching the adjective “satanic” to myself is redundant. The very fact that I AM a Satanist pretty much covers all of the other stuff, don’t you think?

YES!!!!!

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#308252 - 02/20/08 11:01 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Now that I got that out of my system, I will go back to what I do best...thinking up stuff to write about, discussing shoes with Lexiphanic, and not pissing off the moderators. In the immortal words of the deceptivley wise Forrest Gump..."I'm tired now".

#308314 - 02/20/08 07:07 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

I agree with the Rooster!

#308357 - 02/20/08 11:57 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

As do I.

#308657 - 02/22/08 10:20 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
I would never NOT like a good rack! I think you said it best, my friend. Safty is job 1!

#308660 - 02/22/08 10:23 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
HA HA HA!! You are hysterical! hummmmmmm... Three words... Fortress ..of...Solitude..

oh, I better stop!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12026 Members
73 Forums
43833 Topics
405261 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements