Topic Options
#307445 - 02/16/08 09:21 PM Please help me with my struggle...
Dantethevamp Offline

For many years now the Church of Satan has peaked an interest in my mind. I have purchased books about the Church and still am a little confused on things. I am very new to this and am trying to get a better understanding of the Church, the beliefs, and the practices of which have interested me for so long. Anything would help right now and I appreciate your help. Thank you in advance.

~Dante

#307447 - 02/16/08 09:25 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: Dantethevamp]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
The Satanic Bible is a good start.

#307449 - 02/16/08 09:31 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Dantethevamp Offline

I have it and I am still in the process of reading it. I also have The Devil's Notebook and The Satanic Rituals.

~Dante

#307450 - 02/16/08 09:32 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: Dantethevamp]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Well, then. Read it. It should become clear when you have read it.

#307452 - 02/16/08 09:39 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: $lesk]
Dantethevamp Offline

I do plan so, its just a matter of finding the time between work, school, and various other things I participate in. Thank you for your insight though.

~Dante

#307454 - 02/16/08 09:44 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: Dantethevamp]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Reading should always be a priority. \:D

#307456 - 02/16/08 09:59 PM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: $lesk]
Dantethevamp Offline

Indeed, it should be, and, I wish reading didn't tire me. It is a priority though, unfortunately, I have material in which I need to read and study regarding my current job and upgrade training.

~Dante

#307491 - 02/17/08 12:50 AM Cut to the chase. [Re: Dantethevamp]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
When you are ready, perform a Satanic ritual.

Don't do it with anyone else present.

Do it alone.

Follow the instructions in The Satanic Bible.

Suspend your disbelief and really do it.

Once you have crossed that abyss things will no longer be the same.

Until you have crossed that abyss just reading words will still leave you feeling that you are struggling.

Stop the struggle.

Choose to be your own God.

Satanic ritual can assist in taking mere words and converting them into a direct experience.

Words can only take you a certain distance.

Life is ultimately all about experience.

Get the experience.

Then the words will be easy.

#307497 - 02/17/08 01:02 AM Re: Cut to the chase. [Re: Nemo]
Dantethevamp Offline

Well then, it seems that my first task shall be to read The Satanic Bible in its entirety and perform a ritual. Thank you for your help and your insight. Sometimes, words just aren't enough for one person. In my case, I would like to know peoples experiences, what led them to their new found belief and how they accomplished it. It helps me to better understand what I must endure to finally come to that point. All my life I have been agnostic. Choosing to believe that there is something but unsure of what that thing is. Now I believe I have found something to believe in but feel I will need some help or guidance in realizing and understanding this new belief. Thank you again.

~Dante

#307505 - 02/17/08 05:16 AM Re: Cut to the chase. [Re: Dantethevamp]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Perhaps you do the same thing I did at fist. You sound as though you over analyze it. It's not anything you endure, or hold belief in. The statement that Satanists are born, not made, is one of importance. It means that to know if you are a Satanist you must not just believe in what the The Satanic Bible says, you must know it be true. If you disagree with any of it, then quite possibly Satanism is not for you. That is essentially the answer I've found and been given.

Edited by FalloutGod (02/17/08 05:18 AM)

#307677 - 02/18/08 02:30 AM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: Dantethevamp]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
You could read the thread 'how did you come across satanism' to get to know what some people experienced.
However I find it's a loaded question like asking for a life story.

Good luck with your endeavors.

#308028 - 02/19/08 09:50 AM Re: Cut to the chase. [Re: Dantethevamp]
Ghorth6 Offline

Loc: War-Celona, sPAIN
My suggestion is not only ready the Bible and other books, but try to UNDERSTAND it. Then, read it once again, with full understanding and learn as much as you can.

And, as Magister Nemo said, perform a Ritual. It'll make everything clear.

Most people read, re-read, and re-reread but are still unable to understand anything, as they lack of perspective. Their minds are still focusing everything on a very "herd-ish" point of view.

H.S.

All I Hail, Hail me back!

#308361 - 02/21/08 12:43 AM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: Dantethevamp]
Enigma777 Offline

Try reading a little before bed every day.
Or during a meal or anytime you have to wait for something.
After reading TSB, if you have any questions or things you would like to discuss, this is the perfect place for that! \:\)

Have fun enlightening yourself! (sorry couldn't think of anything better to say)

#308607 - 02/22/08 03:48 AM Re: Please help me with my struggle... [Re: ]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I started doing it because I noticed as a kid my father did it. That is taking books or newspapers in the bathroom. Sometimes I find my self sitting on the toilet longer than needed or soaking in too much water in the tub. It's just rather strange isn't it? Maybe that's just me.

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405548 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements