Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#308418 - 02/21/08 12:44 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: spook show]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
I don't know why some people have such a hard time with the idea that we are a product of evolution, and not the result of some "cosmic experiment".

Because they need to be controlled. They need an external to create them, they need an external to watch over them, they need an external to sell them real estate in the afterlife---blah, blah, blah.....

They want no shred of responsibility for their brief time on the planet.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#308421 - 02/21/08 01:11 PM Stop the madness please [Re: Enigma777]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Rael and the science ?! Ok RaeL.S.D and the science :

proposing his adept to be cloned, and once the clone will reach "the age of reason", Rael will make "a transfer of mind". Voila, this is the immortality process of Rael. Can we go back on earth now ?

Then, I really suggest to people to think twice : I do not tell you about how many cases of paedophilia have happened in their crazy cult "from space". Stop the madness now !

There is no thoughts to share more than this crazy shit is a cancer, FUCK RAEL. From France, I can tell that many things are alarming.

"I don't see why one can't believe in those stories and still practice the philosophies of Anton LaVey at the same time."

if you do, my advice would be that you go away, and far.

#308427 - 02/21/08 01:48 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Ygraine]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
 Quote:
They want no shred of responsibility for their brief time on the planet.

Indeed, Magistra. I seem to have forgotten that the phrase 'responsibility to the responsible' isn't going to be heard by those who refuse to listen to reason.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#308429 - 02/21/08 01:51 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: spook show]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Remember a few days ago when we were discussing saying you know about something when you do not? I know absolutely nothing about this subject. However, I do remember discussing the issue of our origin. The idea that we were seeded came up. Now, I have no idea…I was not here way back whenever. But I could tell the other conversant felt it alleviated some of the problems of creationism. I disagreed, because you still have the problem of who seeded the seeders. Again, I was not here at our cusp. Shoot, I can barely remember where I was last week; never mind what my ultimate origination is. I do have this tag on my rear that reads, “Made in China”, though.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#308435 - 02/21/08 02:15 PM Re: Stop the madness please [Re: Assabrah]
Remo razz Offline

Loc: Canada
Bravo,

This rael is a waste of skin, it is people like this that should be burnt at the stake. I almost lost a cousin to those lunatics.

#308442 - 02/21/08 03:14 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

I onced read a remarkable tale about the accidental discovery of a lost city built millions and millions of years ago by a race of star-spanning, supremely intellegent vegatbles.

Seems they had a penchant for genetic experimentation and created a race of bi-pedal mammals for thier personal amusement.

Perhaps I'll start a "religion" around this. Look out Scientology here I come!

#308485 - 02/21/08 05:57 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
To quote Magus Peter H. Gilmore:

Quote:
However, if you want to believe in some kind of UFO-cult-oriented blather about discarnate entities, or any other spiritual mumbo-jumbo, feel free to do so, but donít be surprised when we who have defined Satanism point out that you are not Satanists.

A Map for the Misdirected, paragraph 8

#308520 - 02/21/08 08:10 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
Autophilius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany

Good evening!

Originally Posted By: Abhik
I actually wondered if one can belong to both religions.

No.

Quote:

Why not?

Because they call themselve a religion of love, and they see Jesus, Buddha and Mohammed as positive although imperfect teachers. "The role of the prophets was to progressively educate humanity" they write.
By whom do you want to be educated, Jesus (Love your enemy!) or LaVey?
If you put away that alien stuff, that's the idea of the Baha'i or of Ramakrishna. Compare, what LaVey has written about these prophets in the Satanic Bible.

I think, the former alien Gods where just snake parasites inside men. They're called Goa'uld. No, not really. But at least, these characters, creating their own empires and dressing up in an impressive way, are more Satanic than those peacebringing Eloha :-)

Best wishes

Autophilius

#308527 - 02/21/08 08:27 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
Sounds to me like you're trading one god (Jehovah) for another (Rael).

Satanism and Raelism aren't compatible.

There is no room for believers in Satanism. And it doesn't matter if Raelians don't believe in the Christian god, they're still believers because they believe the word of some douchebag who calls himself Rael.

Edited by Fenriz (02/21/08 09:06 PM)

#308548 - 02/21/08 09:05 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Why would you or anyone else want to? What benefits would you or anyone gain from a double association? How open would the Raelians be to this? (I imagine not at all.) The conflict I see. Whether it's aliens or deities, your still worshiping an external god and allowing an impersonal (very very likely non-existent) force to dictate the type of life to live. I don't find that to be very Satanic at all. In fact I find that to be counter to what Satanism is about, in essence and as it is very clearly stated in many parts of the literature.

#308576 - 02/21/08 11:02 PM Problems with Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You are asking if a faith-based religion is compatible with Satanism.

It is interesting how when you merely ask the question this way it really answers itself.

Satanism is not a faith-based religion.

It is based on doubt and the application of street smarts to the rational enjoyment of your life.

If you cannot test and verify on your own whether or not the claims of this religion are true then you are asking - no, you are begging to be taken advantage of.

Please remember that these people may all believe in everything they are claiming.

That does not mean that they are not delusional.

It certainly does not mean that they are correct.

Additionally, as Autophilius pointed out, the ethics of this religion seem to be totally incompatible with the pro-individual ethics of Satanism.

Did you notice that I have had nothing to say here about their claims that human beings were created by aliens?

I have nothing to say about their claim because they do not offer any way to prove or disprove it!

I am entirely in favor of being open-minded with regard to new information and facts.

I am entirely willing to explore issues that are commonly rejected by popular decree.

I am never willing to check my brain at the door when offered new ideas or facts to consider.

If there is no given way to validate a claim, then you ought not to simply believe it.

It is just that simple.

#308589 - 02/22/08 01:20 AM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Svengali]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
 Originally Posted By: Svengali

They smell distinctly of utter bullshit.

Agreed, their web site is in possession of a putrid and foul aroma; one glance should send one, nose-pinched, fleeing for their life.

What is with the preoccupation of "why?"

This, supposed, ultimate question is utterly useless. The fact is we are here. Period. Any surmising as to why or where we came from only pollutes the here and now.

Would it really be better to be of extra-terrestrial heritage rather than a great ape? Come to think of it wouldn't that lack of earthliness make one less Satanic?
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#308590 - 02/22/08 01:36 AM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Ygraine]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Ygraine
Because they need to be controlled. They need an external to create them, they need an external to watch over them,

Acutally, that's not as big of a motivating factor as it might seem from the outside. Most of the evolution deniers just have an inaccurate view in the first place of what evolution is and how it works, and reject it based on their own false assumptions. You can see this in the popular creationist catch phrases ("It's just a theory", "Then why do we still have monkeys?", "Science says everything was pure random chance", etc.) On top of this, most don't want to make the effort to learn, mainly because it would mean expanding vocabulary and reading something that's longer than a magazine article. Plus some just don't have the reasoning skills to imagine the difference between one thousand years and one billion years.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#308591 - 02/22/08 01:38 AM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Bill_M]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
To go back to my initial response:

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I also admittedly don't know much about Raelism's beliefs beyond the put-here-by-aliens thing. I don't know if, for example, they have a dogmatic moral code or anything else that might contradict something like the 9 Statements.

Well, it looks like they do after all! In fact, I should have realized that Statement #7 stands out immediately.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#309023 - 02/23/08 09:54 PM Re: Church of Satan and Raelism [Re: Enigma777]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I agree completely with mass prognosis Rael-ism is a religion, it's hypocritical self-deceit. However, to complete the rest of the 3rd Satanic Statement, in the nature of undefiled wisdom.

I offer to you a source that may have spawned this madness. Zecharia Sitchin (1922) author of the Earth Chronicles. He proposed a planet call Nibiru is the same as the Sumerian Legend of Tiamat broken by (an asteroid) called Marduck etc. etc. etc.

The anti-researcher might be awed at his connections, but any real scientist should know better.

It does contain some beautiful ancient mythos from lost civilisation including Akkadia. A place I can find next to nothing about. If you like fairy tails.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43920 Topics
405742 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements