Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#307061 - 02/15/08 04:57 PM new member
tvsarah Offline

Loc: wiltshire,uk
hi all,
im just about half way through the satanic bible and i just cant believe what im reading. so far,what i have read,has been about me. its how ive been living my life. already,i want to follow this way of life further and show my devotion to the satanic way. im seeking info on how a beginner gets started. perhaps if there is anyone in my area of the uk that can help me,please get in touch.

#307071 - 02/15/08 05:41 PM Re: new member [Re: tvsarah]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Hello and welcome.

I'd suggest you finish the Satanic bible and read the Church of Satan's website (at the very least) before seeking help.
Though I understand your excitement and wanting to share it with others, you'll find that Satanist will be a lot more approachable and kind if you have the basics down first and foremost.

If, upon researching this religion via books and website thoroughly and using the search engine of this forum to find answers, you still have questions- I suggest you ask them in the Questions about the Church of Satan section of this forum, and not here.

Enjoy your research.

#307173 - 02/15/08 11:27 PM Re: new member [Re: tvsarah]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
I would suggest after doing the reading mentioned above to directly e-mail High Priestess Peggy Nadramia your inquiries. Trust me, you may not want some of the more amateurish questions ridiculed on this message board, much better to have those answered in private and when you need the opinions and assistance of many, then ask questions in the Q&A forum.

More suggested reading:

The entire Church of Satan dot com website
The info pack: http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/cosinfopack.pdf
The Satanism FAQ: http://purgingtalon.com by Magister Paradise
http://archive.todestrieb.co.uk/satanismuk/ Satanism UK

Edited by Adveser (02/15/08 11:38 PM)

#307179 - 02/15/08 11:33 PM Re: new member [Re: Adveser]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

If I may, Magistra Nadramia is quite the busy person. While she is not opposed to answering questions, think about all the e-mails and letters she receives, and how she would prioritize replying to them.

Follow The_Lightning's suggestion and ask your questions in the forum below, "Questions about The Church of Satan" for a quicker response.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#307184 - 02/15/08 11:43 PM Re: new member [Re: Phineas]
Adveser Offline

Indeed. Listen to this guy, He knows better than I do. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it wasn't too considerate, but I will say that that is how many of my dumb questions got answered and I was impressed that she would answer them at all knowing what I know now. But yeah, the Magisters, Priests and Moderators are more than capable of answering your questions. I would read the entire forum of Q&As.

Another hint:

Be sure to clear out the date ranges when doing searches. Everyone claims that they get no results for searches, this seems to fix that bug.

#307201 - 02/16/08 12:39 AM The inside secret on getting started. [Re: tvsarah]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Finish reading the book.

#307217 - 02/16/08 03:56 AM Re: The inside secret on getting started. [Re: Nemo]
The_Magician13 Offline

Hello, my name is Robert and i am from Romania.Several years ago i got familiar with satanism concepts and i found out that my concepts and way of thinking could be found in the satanic one, so i didnt choose to be a satanist, it is the way it was meant to be, i think...I read the bible which LaVey wrote, this being one of the demands of this forum.If you have some questions about me ,i would be glad to answer you...if i could.Hail Satan.

#307222 - 02/16/08 04:16 AM Re: The inside secret on getting started. [Re: The_Magician13]
Adveser Offline

I understand what you are saying. Welcome to the board. Did you enjoy the book a great deal? Any plans to delve deeper into even more books? Was it hard to understand any of the aspects of the books since you speak whatever language they speak in Romainia rather than the native tongue of the author?

#307225 - 02/16/08 04:27 AM Re: The inside secret on getting started. [Re: Adveser]
The_Magician13 Offline

Well, of course i want to read more books of the kind, but you got to keep in mind that in our country things like this are going slowly, so it is very hard to find such material.About the book of LaVey, i personally understood it very well,i think, because in Romania, english is spoken a lot, in some cityes english is spoken more than romanian...and for me is much clearer because i study at a college where all courses are hold in english and english is the basic course there and it is required to know this language, either i like it or not.But i like it.

#307228 - 02/16/08 04:35 AM Re: The inside secret on getting started. [Re: The_Magician13]
Adveser Offline

Great. I think you will like the other books if you have a chance to read them in the near future. (I think some of the other people here can help you get copies if you wish)

I will help you out and tell you not to take those enochian keys literally though, those are for dramatic purposes in rituals and not to be taken outside of the ritual area. Satanism frowns upon believing in literal demons and such as that. I hope that steers you in the right direction. Read the book a few more times and ask questions to the Moderators, Priests and Magisters in the firum that is set up for that. But please don't respond to other people's threads they started there. \:\)

#307230 - 02/16/08 04:39 AM Re: The inside secret on getting started. [Re: Adveser]
The_Magician13 Offline

Ok, thank you,i shall do so.

#307264 - 02/16/08 07:13 AM Re: new member [Re: Adveser]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
 Quote:
Trust me, you may not want some of the more amateurish questions ridiculed on this message board,

Amateurish= so ignorant that you must be at least lazy, if not stupid, to ask them?

You know, if people actually read the books and used the search engine in this forum- they most likely wouldn't even have to ask the Hierarchy questions.

The fourth Satanic Statement comes to mind. The CoS Hierarchy present on this board treats people as they deserve. If anyone is seeking to be breastfed and cuddled- he/she is obviously in the wrong place.
Satanists don't NEED the assistance and opinions of many (unless it's a significant part of their real-world job, but let's not get nitpicking).

And personally- it would be quite embarrassing for me to waste the time of those I respect on my ignorance, regardless of how they might treat my questions.

#307735 - 02/18/08 11:08 AM Re: new member [Re: The_Lightning]
Adveser Offline

I wouldn't say all that. I personally was very confused because the media and every single thing published outside of the Church of Satan and its members was telling me different. Thanks to the help of people like Magister Paradise (indirectly) and High Priestess Nadramia (directly) I was steered in the right direction. I am grateful because I actually understood Satanism as a result and not because I was lazy, because I was in High School and had no money to buy the books myself at the time. I stand by my comment, especially if someone does not have the command of english that everyone else enjoys. Showing the slightest bit of naivete or misunderstanding something seems to elicit insults and scorn when it really isn't necessary. That is why the introduction thread is gone. Maybe this forum isn't the place for up-and-coming Satanists to explore the religion, but that's no excuse for the venom some people spew. Apparently this guy is a waste of time, but how about giving people the benefit of the doubt until they prove they are idiots rather than assuming everyone is an idiot until they prove otherwise. This isn't directed at you personally or the Magisters, Mods or Priests or other officials of the Church of Satan, but it needs to be said, that is why I am responding to it. It really isn't my place either and that is the point really. Leave it to those in charge to tell people to get lost. This isn't a democracy last I heard.

#307753 - 02/18/08 12:30 PM Re: new member [Re: The_Lightning]
fraggadaboom Offline

Loc: Florida, US
Amateurish = doing or acting for the love of a thing, not a lack of knowledge or the unwillingness to understand.
I'm almost certain that most members started on an amateur's level before jumping to a professional one.

I can appreciate that the vast majority of questions one would have are already answered in various forums and threads, but there's a lot to be said about personal questions receiving personal answers from an authority of the subject.

I might even say that facing down one's embarrassment and ignorance would gain consideration in the eyes of those you respect.

#307803 - 02/18/08 02:47 PM Re: new member [Re: The_Lightning]
Autophilius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: The_Lightning

You know, if people actually read the books and used the search engine in this forum- they most likely wouldn't even have to ask the Hierarchy questions.

Every busy person hates to be asked questions which are already answered. In the usenet, they just say: RTFM.
There's a debate if that means Read The Fucking Manual or Read The Fine Manual ;-)

Best wishes

Autophilius

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12164 Members
73 Forums
43923 Topics
405751 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements