Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#308870 - 02/23/08 10:14 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: AurEum]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: ealaiontoir
She doesn't think that life can "just happen" or believe in evolution, but she thinks that humans have adapted from the original aliens that supposedly brought us here.

I have heard that a lot. They say humans are too complex (or advanced) to have evolved from animals, so they had to be brought here by aliens. And my question is... what did those advanced aliens evolve from in the first place?

#308874 - 02/23/08 10:23 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: Old_Pig]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
 Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

I have heard that a lot. They say humans are too complex (or advanced) to have evolved from animals, so they had to be brought here by aliens. And my question is... what did those advanced aliens evolve from in the first place?

Geez, Pig. Do you even have to ask? OTHER ALIENS, of course.

#308875 - 02/23/08 10:43 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: Virus9]
foreverlearning Offline

I was making reference to the primordia soup experiments, which I was told proved life was possible under the right conditions. Conditions that are believed to have been the conditions on earth long long ago. I just read a little more about it, and it proved that amino acids and pantethein could be created. So not necessarily life, just two big parts of the beginning stages of life.
I can't believe by sophomore biology teacher lied to me \:\(

Edited by foreverlearning (02/23/08 10:44 AM)

#308911 - 02/23/08 01:20 PM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: LordofDarkness]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
Considering the fact that creatures like spiders are better equipped for survival than us, if we were created by aliens, they must not have been too bright if we were the best thing they could come up with.

Spiders have been here longer than humans, and will probably be here long after we're gone.

Of course, maybe spiders were just created by a smarter breed of aliens.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#309229 - 02/24/08 07:20 PM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: spook show]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
The Spiders are the aliens. They are only waiting in dark corners in silence for the day they can fully reveal themselves. You are lucky though (you could even say "chosen"). You see, they have revealed themselves to me and for a mere $3000 a session I can slowly tell you the great plan they have for us. Hurry, before we all get washed down the Great Water Spout.

#309297 - 02/24/08 10:45 PM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
Hurry, before we all get washed down the Great Water Spout.

Be not fooled! For though the Great Water Spout comes for us all, just as surely shall the Sun come to dry up all the rain! And thus, as we start upwards once more, the Circle of Life is linked again.

So, be not afraid, Spiderians! Ye shall live for eternity in a Sisyphian waterspout nightmare! ;\)

-Chess

#309299 - 02/24/08 10:49 PM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: HammerOfDoubt]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
 Originally Posted By: HammerOfDoubt
The Spiders are the aliens. They are only waiting in dark corners in silence for the day they can fully reveal themselves. You are lucky though (you could even say "chosen"). You see, they have revealed themselves to me and for a mere $3000 a session I can slowly tell you the great plan they have for us. Hurry, before we all get washed down the Great Water Spout.

It's an arachnophobe's worst nightmare

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#309304 - 02/24/08 10:56 PM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: Chess]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Hurrah, Chess, your name is finally in orange!

#309348 - 02/25/08 02:34 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: FalloutGod]
verkennix Offline

Loc: va
In it's base form both evolutionism and creationism rellies (sp) on faith. Creationism relies on a faith in a creator, evolutionism relies on the idea that something can be created by nothing, IE. the big bang (look back fare enough and you'll see, nobody knows the beginning one way or another)
Really though, is this bulls*it worth arguing over? Life is short, enjoy yourselves! You might get hit by a bus tommorrow, and your arguing something that you cant possibly prove in the here and now?

#309356 - 02/25/08 03:37 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: verkennix]
Auge Offline

Loc: Germany
A Satanist might argue, that it doesn't really matter to us where we come from and that when we die, we're dead.

Some christians, however, argue that the way we came into existence and the idea of where we'll end up have to dictate our lifes.

At that point, arguing over it does matter, except you find yourself in the lucky position of not being harrassed by these ideas.

Not that reasonable arguments will change the narrow-minded, but reason and knowledge are a formidable layer of protection against bullshit of any kind. \:\)

#309384 - 02/25/08 07:26 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: verkennix]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Evolution as in change, that over time things do evolve has been proven. How the process of evolution began, is theory but at least that has more back bone than everything just appeared. You argue two different things.

#309391 - 02/25/08 07:46 AM Why? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I have been dying to ask a question, but have not, because I have feared it would create more heat than light. But, it is Monday, and I allow myself to make one error in judgment a week, so…I am curious what someone gets out of the discussion concerning human origins. Is there a personal stake? Is it for fun?

By discussion, I mean beyond the point where it is obvious the other party has their mind made up, but it continues. It may be a case of metal sharpening metal.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#309443 - 02/25/08 10:09 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: verkennix]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
 Originally Posted By: verkennix
evolutionism relies on the idea that something can be created by nothing, IE. the big bang

Spoken like a true Christian! Where did you read that? Watchtower magazine or a Chick Track?

That's word by word, the explanation you hear from every fundamentalist ignoramus that doesn't even check the basics of the very concept he is opposing.

Evolution and the Big Bang are two completely different things, unrelated to each other. Only the retarded science-phobic mix them together.

#309456 - 02/25/08 10:40 AM Re: Why? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
I am curious what someone gets out of the discussion concerning human origins. Is there a personal stake? Is it for fun?

I just find it fascinating. To watch the development of the human animal, and to watch the development of other species, allows me to question what traits will be dominant over time, or what would change based on environmental change, etc...

People, generally, suck, but the human animal is amazing. The adaptations that have allowed us to do the incredible things we can do provoke thought and further creation and adaptation.

I also like knowing, because I do know--not think, that Creationists are just plain wrong. I like to be able to state what the fossil record shows, etc...

So, yeah, I find it fun.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#309732 - 02/26/08 09:50 AM Re: Debate on Evolution [Re: LordofDarkness]
Adveser Offline

Loc: California
After reading "A brief history of time" the evidence is fairly conclusive that evolution is responsible for our existence and that the universe has always existed in some form. Dr. Hawking brings us the concept of God several times but I guess he forgot to mention the one simple scientific law: "Matter can not be created nor destroyed" hence, no creator is possible.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements