Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#308127 - 02/19/08 03:42 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Nice rack.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#308137 - 02/19/08 04:25 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Not Bad, not bad at all! ;\)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#308144 - 02/19/08 05:27 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Thaumaturge Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Delaware
Um.. lexi... Why are your nether region's eyes glowing...Oh the comments I must restrain.....

#308155 - 02/19/08 07:25 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Thaumaturge]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

What? You don't like her rack Innominandum? I don't care what Innominandum says Lexi, that rack still needs a 21 point safety inspection by a highly trained professional! ;\)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#308162 - 02/19/08 08:35 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Thaumaturge]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Innominandum
Um.. lexi... Why are your nether region's eyes glowing...Oh the comments I must restrain.....

I have Kryptonite ovaries.

#308164 - 02/19/08 08:36 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Danny Mc.]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Originally Posted By: Nephilim
What? You don't like her rack Innominandum? I don't care what Innominandum says Lexi, that rack still needs a 21 point safety inspection by a highly trained professional! ;\)

Just like the boys in high school, "I'm an FBI agent. A Female Body Inspector."

#308165 - 02/19/08 08:43 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
 Originally Posted By: lexiphanic
I have Kryptonite ovaries.

Trying to keep the Übermenschen away? \:D

#308171 - 02/19/08 09:27 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:
My favourite type of hypocrites are the "feminists" that insists that any type of clothing that is alluring to men should be avoided as a statement that women don't want to be objectified.

These hypocrites are quite plentiful up here in Sweden and it's driving me crazy.
When I was in church last Sunday I overheard one of the local FI-members* whisper to her friend:
"Dress anyway you want, as long as you do not look sexy."
Her fried was quite the looker, and really should not have to diminish her beauty in order to be taken seriously by her (female) peers.

*= Feminist initiative, a small political party established a few years ago by the formerly(?) alcoholic Gudrun Schyman.

Incedentally: Your rack is impressive, but my gaze is immediately drawn towards your sandals. Very nice!

Hail Satan!

Edited by The Black Waltz (02/19/08 09:27 PM)

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#308174 - 02/19/08 09:38 PM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: L0ki]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Wow... let me quote George Carlin. "Why is it that the people who don't want to have sex are the ones you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?"

#308211 - 02/20/08 02:40 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Zaftig]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Just like the boys in high school, "I'm an FBI agent. A Female Body Inspector."

Safety is Job 1.

#308218 - 02/20/08 04:39 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: L0ki]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: The Black Waltz
When I was in church last Sunday...

WHOA!

Does a serious double take

You where WHERE last Sunday???

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#308219 - 02/20/08 04:40 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Shade]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
 Originally Posted By: Shade
But I was well-tailored, clean, pressed and most importantly comfortable and confident. Attention to details can also make a world of difference.

This pretty much sums up my opinion on the whole matter. Emphasis is mine.

I dress how I damn well feel like, of course. But I do so for whatever is fitting for what I'm doing, aiming for comfort and confidence, but also what is appropriate for the situation at hand.

For example, when I'm at work, I dress for warmth while still remaining professional (to a casual degree, as I'm not corporate management). Jeans or thick dress pants, plain sweatshirts of both pull-over and zip-up variety, my airport security badge to remain in compliance with TSA regulations, sneakers (I walk a lot), and sometimes leather gloves fitted for comfort and dexterity, while still retaining warmth.

However, were I representing my business (which is coming along nicely, by the way), I would not dress this way. For this, I have a well-fitted suit, well-pressed. Mostly dark colors, yes, but in a corporate setting, dark colors can have a very powerful impact, especially if you're well-dressed and well-mannered. I am certain to be clean-shaven and have my hair trimmed. Special detail to even such "little" things can make you come across as meticulous, detail-oriented, and usually very successful, as well. Use it to your benefit.

Attire and hygiene are a fantastic asset when they are properly applied. However, if you get lax and allow yourself to just "wear whatever you want" without any attention to the setting and context, you're setting yourself up for failure.

#308221 - 02/20/08 04:45 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: ]
Scion Offline

Loc: London, UK
 Originally Posted By: Zakolyev
Well, thank you kindly! I put a lot into the ensemble, so it is quite a delight to hear another's real appreciation for it.

I think you look pretty cool as well Zakolyev (in fact I'd go as far as to say very attractive based on your previous avatar ;\) ), although your look probably requires far more effort to maintain than I'm able to muster. I'm a bit dubious of the mega-side boards though...

"Don't you see? If the gays can get married then the whole institution of marriage will be destroyed! Society will crumble! Rivers will run red with blood! And Nazis will walk the earth riding dinosaurs!" Princess Clara, the unsung voice of the Christian right.

www.vampiretemple.com - are you one of us?

#308224 - 02/20/08 05:44 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: Scion]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

WHOA!

Does a serious double take

You where WHERE last Sunday???

I usually go to church every other Sunday or so. Before I go I take with me some book that I want to read (This time it was the Satanic witch, ironically) and hide it in a bible cover.
When I get there I sit down and read to my hearts content whilst the minister babbles away.

The main reason for me to go there though, is the food. Many churches in Sweden have a traditional Sunday Smörgåsbord ready for it's guests and there is almost always more food then is necessary.
On a Sunday morning, how could anyone turn down such an ample opportunity for gluttony?

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#308226 - 02/20/08 06:22 AM Re: Clothing/Personal style. [Re: L0ki]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I envy you good sir, I wish some American churches would serve good food. Hmm, I have a friend who's all into Jesus and knows well I have The Satanic Bible, Satanic Ritual Book, Satan Speaks!. I tend to leave them in plain sight around my room. So people will usually spot them and "oooh! what's that little black book there next to the computer?" He apparently didn't mind, we agreed to disagree, to each his own. So it just occurs to me now he'd be more than delighted to take me to his church service if I dressed for the occasion(he demanded I wear something other than solid black and less ornamentation last time... I didn't get what was so offensive about a wrist warmer that has a Nintendo logo and Mario mushroom). If there's food there I'm going.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12013 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405205 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements