Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#309018 - 02/23/08 09:20 PM Am I Truly A Coward???
Mr_Walker696 Offline

Satanism to me has always been a religion a Philosophy of Individualism, of Choice and of Freedom, You see I'm not by My nature a Violent man I've never had an enemy at least not one I've ever hated enough to want harmed or "destroyed" So lately I've been wondering, If I did have an enemy someone who had wronged me perhaps in the worst of ways, If I "Chose" to show him/her mercy, If I chose to spare them the pain and wrath they were owed for their wrong, Not because its just the "right Thing" not out of Fear of reprisal from a third party or some Story-book character with robes and a beard but because I Chose to show it, Dos that make me a coward?

This question above all has been the one thing (aside from some recent financial hardships) preventing me from registering with the Church, everything else I'm right on board with,

Each As Bad and Herdlike If Taken A Gospel For All situations, In My Opinion

Levay
Hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, SMASH him on the other!; smite him hip and thigh, for self‐preservation is the highest law!

Matthew
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Levay
He who turns the other cheek is a cowardly dog

Luke
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

#309021 - 02/23/08 09:40 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Lust Offline

I think it makes you a foolish coward. I have seen many people convince themselves, (rather learn self-defense) that cowardice is their nature. These enemies that you claim not to have most likely adore you from afar. Best of luck playing the coward card here, I find most to be masochistic.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#309029 - 02/23/08 10:52 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

You really need this verified from strangers on the internet? Oh boy.

#309031 - 02/23/08 11:01 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Lust]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

My thoughts exactly!

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#309032 - 02/23/08 11:05 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
 Originally Posted By: Mr_Walker696
Satanism to me has always been a religion a Philosophy of Individualism, of Choice and of Freedom...

If you read The Satanic Bible, you will see that Satanism is a religion, for reasons explained within TSB, unless I'm mistaken. I'm sure there are lots of people who agree with the philosophy to a greater or lesser extent, but that doesn't make them Satanists.

To say that it's simply about choice and freedom and leave it at that seems quite misguided to me. If that were the case, there would be no need for such things as the Satanic Statements, the Rules of the Earth or the Nine Satanic Sins. There would be no need for a name. It would simply be 'doing whatever the hell you want'.

Speaking of the Nine Satanic Statements...:

#5: Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

There you have it. That is what Satan represents. If this is not for you, fine. But if I were in your place, I would not continue to consider myself a Satanist. I don't mean that in a derisive way. Satanism isn't for everyone.

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#309033 - 02/23/08 11:10 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quoting Luke and Matthew. So, you're a Christian or something? What kind of answer do you think you're going to get? Do you want us to hold your hand and walk you through this?

Satanism advocates using your own reason and discretion to protect your person and your interests. There is no room for "turning the other cheek" here, but that doesn't mean you have to let every nuisance preoccupy you. Recognizing someone as an "enemy" should depend on the credibility of the threat they offer to your person or interests. Your response should be practical for and proportionate to that threat. If you must be ruthless to stop it, be ruthless. If a soft touch will do, use a soft touch.

Give what you can afford, and give for the right reasons. Be discriminate.

#309034 - 02/23/08 11:42 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Who the Hell is Levay?

PS: Get lost.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#309035 - 02/24/08 12:12 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Yes.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#309044 - 02/24/08 01:31 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
Your not only a coward...your an idiot.

Violence is in everyone's nature. Someone who says they aren't under ANY circumstance is either a liar or delusional.

"Choosing" to show mercy for fear of the pain and wrath you claim you can inflict is a testament to your own weakness. Your not a predator, your the prey.

Categorizing what Magus Lavey wrote as herdlike is so far outside the context in which it was written that it makes my stomach turn. It leads me to believe that you haven't grasped a single thing written in TSB nor do you identify with it.

It seems your harboring some confusion between two completely different trains of thought. Your question suggests you lean toward the three "major" religions. I'll tell ya what, I will now summarize all three with a single phrase defining each, and you can pick one...

Christianity..."Ignorance is bliss."

Islam.........."Blind arrogance is a way of life."

Judaism........"We were chosen first."

If none of these suit you then I'd suggest looking into the Raelian movement. I'm sure one of there representatives would be glad to take your money and lead you to the spaceship. Happy trails.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#309048 - 02/24/08 02:09 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

If you want to lie down like a kicked dog, then do so. But it does indeed make you a coward and a scoundrel, for your injustice is not only to yourself but to all your fellows; it is the cowardly and the weak of spirit that make predation such a profitable business, and had you more spine you might spare others after you from being targeted just as you were.

In short, you're scum. Go away.

#309049 - 02/24/08 02:51 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
 Quote:
Satanism to me...

This isn't a term paper for school. Nobody asked you to compare and contrast quotes from Satanic and Christian literature. I don't give a damn what Christian literature says. I certainly do not care what anything is to you. By the way, that's where you went wrong, within the first 3 words you typed. There is no "Satanism to me." Magus LaVey (yes, that's right, it's spelled L-A-V-E-Y) defined Satanism.

Since you're so fond of school projects, here's a little exercise...

Fill in the blank
If I don't have the _________ to be vengeful with someone who has wronged me. (a few words that come to mind are: intelligence, confidence, courage, self-respect)

Short answer
I would choose to spare my enemy the wrath that they deserve because ___________. (suggestions: I am an idiot/I am incompetent/I am insecure/I have low self-esteem)

True/False
T/F I compare Satanism to right-handed path religions.
T/F I insult existing Satanists by calling them "herdlike."
T/F I have even a slight understanding of the term herd.
T/F I think I know more than Magus LaVey and the hierarchy.
T/F I get to pick & choose what I agree with and am a Satanist.

Decide for yourself if you're a Satanist. However, you do not have the luxury of making that decision by your own standards.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#309054 - 02/24/08 03:07 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: AurEum]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
 Quote:
Nobody asked you to compare and contrast quotes from Satanic and Christian literature.

It is the nature of a message board that no one asks for anything, things get posted and read. There is plenty to be critical in the original post without pointing out this fact. Other than that you were hilarious.

Edit: Please understand it is not my intent to do any "civilian policing". Feel free to continue to point out the obvious if you like.

Edited by Jack_Lantern (02/24/08 03:10 AM)
Edit Reason: Clarification

#309057 - 02/24/08 03:15 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Charlie D Offline

People in this world are either for you or against you. There is no such thing as passive enemies. Love this person, or as TSB says, hate him with a whole heart.

#309060 - 02/24/08 03:51 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
 Quote:
Am I Truly A Coward???

Yes.

#309064 - 02/24/08 04:26 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: TheNaturalForce]
hellbent666 Offline
Banned

Loc: Colorado
By definition's sake you are a coward but who, besides yourself, really cares?

I'm not one for physical violence either but if I'm backed into a corner with no other alternative but to fight then I will. I'm not even passive aggressive I'm just plain ole passive. It does not make you any less of a satanist just because you won't get involved in some stupid bigger dick contest with a known primate. Next time this happens through no fault of your own you should look your aggressor in the eye and tell him he should go paint his cave or chuck a spear at some animal because he is acting like a primitive being.

People that aren't capable of handeling their stress aren't even worth your time anyways. No one is faulting you for kicking them in the balls or shin and running like hell because self preservation is your highest of all instincts and crazy shit has been known to happen in even your basic fist fight. Mass equates force and if your aggressor is some meat head he has the propensity to do some serious damage to you.

A friend of mine in prison got into a fist fight with some idiot and ended up killing him with one punch! He got more time out of the deal so this is an example of when being your typical aggressive male got out of hand. My philosophy is if you can't talk some sense into them then beating some sense into them isn't going to work either, it's kinda like arguing with a fundamentalist xian, you are not getting anything accomplished.

Satanism is all about productivity and honoring your base instincts. But people here will try to civilian police you and tell you that you are less of a satanist because you are not as aggressive as some of these testosterone infested egostistical males are. A healthy ego is one thing but an un-healthy ego is another matter entirely.

But also keep in mind that LaVeys writings are not things to obsess over either. They are merely guidelines. However, if you stray too far from the guidelines then the less satanic you really are. It's really just how you interpret the satanic bible. We are the gods of our own subjective univerese!

#309065 - 02/24/08 04:42 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: hellbent666]
Rainy Offline

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay Area
I whole heartedly agree with you hellbent666.

Vengance comes in many forms. Sometimes inaction is just as effective as action. The trick is to have the smarts to know what each situation calls for. However, if you chose inaction everytime you are wronged, just to avoid conflict and fuss, you are a coward.

I dont think anyone here cares whether you are a coward or not. It is your life, and if you choose to live it being trampled on by the rest of the herd, go ahead.

#309066 - 02/24/08 04:50 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Rainy]
TheNaturalForce Offline
Banned

Loc: The Vibrant Garden
 Quote:
I dont think anyone here cares whether you are a coward or not.

Exactly. The essence of cowardice is self-betrayal. If you feel like a coward then you are a coward. I agree that if flight over fight is in one's best self-interests then it is the wiser of the choices.

#309070 - 02/24/08 05:23 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: TheNaturalForce]
Never Offline

Loc: Skien, Norway
Revenge is not just physical violence.

If you don`t get angry when people hurt you, then that is because you are trying to protect yourself by telling yourself you`re not a violent person. That is self-decieve and simple psycology.

#309078 - 02/24/08 08:24 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Hypothetical questions will not prevent our flight or fight response. I think your affraid of thinking that your an Animal. That makes you a coward.

Edited by VonDeth (02/24/08 08:37 AM)
Edit Reason: bad spelling

#309079 - 02/24/08 08:42 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Colonel Kurtz]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

"Bite Me, Stake Me, Kill Me, Fuck Me, What Ever You Do Your Never Going To Forget Me!!!"

What if forgetting you is exactlly what I intend to do?

Just a thought.

Edit: Crap, need to get in the habit of hitting the correct reply button. Still getting use to how this forum functions.

Edited by FalloutGod (02/24/08 08:43 AM)

#309081 - 02/24/08 08:54 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
I am not trying to nitpick here, but a Magister and a Priest have replied to this user with all that needs to be said here at all.

I just don't think these individuals DESERVE to be taught, or have any of you waste your precious time creating elaborate posts trying to explain to them what's going on here. Retards don't deserve knowledge, they will only use it to do something more retarded anyways.

Don't take it personally, anyone, I am just saying...the points some of you have might better make for an essay that will actually get seen, instead of becoming a banana for a stupid monkey.

#309083 - 02/24/08 09:06 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Mr_Walker696 Offline

Subtle as a Mac-truck though you are your right, Ive just started seriously learning about Satanism still got a lot to learn (not an excuse) but I have led a very Closed, Cloistered life so when I say Ive never had an enemy I mean it, no ones ever tried to harm me, Mentally or Physically so Ive never felt the Need to do so to anyone else and so dont know how Id react if someone did. This does NOT mean I dont have the skills or will to DEFEND myself (short of killing) however defence and pay-back are two Very different things. Whenever Ive heard the words vengeance or revenge in the past my mind has always gone to the furthest extreme.

At least this post has shown me one thing the Church of Satan isnt for me, fortunately I dont Need a little red card to tell me what I am, I am a SATANIST, Im just not a violent SOB and I dont need to justify my opinions to anyone, There is to much violence in the world, I loathe violence and would rather fill the world with Vice. ;\)

#309084 - 02/24/08 09:06 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: TheDegenerate]
Damaeon96 Offline
Banned

Loc: Kentucky
I agree with what you said phosis but I think the whole point behind the elaborate posts was to stress the "hate whole-heartedly" aspect. I hate the monkey who started this thread with his stupid question. I'd consider it an afront to my own dignity not to take the time to bash this pathetic sap into the ground.

If I am to be considered a banana then I hope said primate chokes on me.

"Here's to hell. May the stay there be as fun as the way there!" - Groucho Marx

#309087 - 02/24/08 09:20 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
If you did not expect the response that you received then you still have a lot to learn about Satanism. Which, by the way, I would do some re-reading before you proclaim yourself anything.

Quote:
At least this post has shown me one thing the Church of Satan isnt for me, fortunately I dont Need a little red card to tell me what I am, I am a SATANIST,

Just out of curiosity, do you really think there's a difference between what Magus LaVey has written and The Church of Satan???

Seriously, you might as well have posted a sign that reads "kick me" on your back.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#309089 - 02/24/08 09:28 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Damaeon96]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Damaeon96
I hate the monkey who started this thread with his stupid question. I'd consider it an afront to my own dignity not to take the time to bash this pathetic sap into the ground.

Do you "hate" the ant crawling up your wall? Or the spider that runs across your living room floor?

There are plenty of moderators, and members of the hierarchy, etc, whose JOB it is to take care of such matters...and do it in a way far better then you ever could. And I believe they have already been here and done so.

#309090 - 02/24/08 09:40 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
 Quote:
So lately I've been wondering, If I did have an enemy someone who had wronged me perhaps in the worst of ways, If I "Chose" to show him/her mercy, If I chose to spare them the pain and wrath they were owed for their wrong, Not because its just the "right Thing" not out of Fear of reprisal from a third party or some Story-book character with robes and a beard but because I Chose to show it

What would be a valid reason to "choose" in this situation?

#309097 - 02/24/08 10:17 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
"Beware the man who has no enemies."

...does not apply here.

#309102 - 02/24/08 10:36 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
 Originally Posted By: "Mr_Walker696"
Ive just started seriously learning about Satanism still got a lot to learn ... At least this post has shown me one thing the Church of Satan isnt for me, fortunately I dont Need a little red card to tell me what I am, I am a SATANIST

First, you say you don't know much about Satanism; then, you make the arrogant claim that you are, regardless of the fact that the Church of Satan is as pure as the philosophy gets -- coming straight from the founders -- somehow more of a Satanist.

You are not a Satanist.

You're a blubbering fucking idiot who doesn't have the slightest concept of what the hell they are talking about.

Im just not a violent SOB and I dont need to justify my opinions to anyone

Funny, isn't that what the Christians say? "I don't need to justify my belief; I just believe!"

There is to much violence in the world, I loathe violence and would rather fill the world with Vice.

Have at it. I'm sure someone who fails to comprehend basic Satanic philosophy will be more than adapt at changing the natural order.

That was sarcasm, lest you couldn't catch it.

Undercroft

#309109 - 02/24/08 10:59 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
Whenever Ive heard the words vengeance or revenge in the past my mind has always gone to the furthest extreme.

Well, that would be your problem, then, wouldn't it?

Don't they teach metaphor or analogy in schools anymore?

It takes a distinct lack of imagination to presume that revenge must be physical.

Quote:
At least this post has shown me one thing the Church of Satan isnt for me, fortunately I dont Need a little red card to tell me what I am, I am a SATANIST

But you needed us to define yourself one way or another. We obviously already own you---now you'll be one of the thousands who couldn't meet our standards but desperately want to be "different," so they call themselves Satanists in defiance.

Quote:
Im just not a violent SOB and I dont need to justify my opinions to anyone, There is to much violence in the world, I loathe violence and would rather fill the world with Vice.

The gentlemen of this church and who post on this forum are not violent, per se, they are brave and pragmatic.

Dollars to donuts they are also smart enough to get revenge without bruising a knuckle.

So, don't change our religion to fit your standards. Either raise your standards, or accept that you are more in tune with Mark, Matt, Luke, & John than Dr. Anton LaVey.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#309238 - 02/24/08 08:07 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I am a SATANIST

You said this in reference to LaVey himself:

Each As Bad and Herdlike If Taken A Gospel For All situations, In My Opinion

So by whose definition are you a Satanist? Not by LaVey's that's for certain. Guess what knucklehead? His definition of Satanism is the one that counts, as the founder of the religion.

There is to much violence in the world, I loathe violence

Actually there's just enough violence. See, Satanism is about pragmatism, the view that things are as they are because there can be no other way. The natural order is the one that prevails.

You're still a yellow cur.

#309249 - 02/24/08 08:55 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Satanism is the RELIGION codified by Anton LaVey.

Ugh, I know that many read the half of the book only...but does people buy it for decoration and don't read it at all now ?

#309260 - 02/24/08 09:24 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Assabrah]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I believe they do, I haven't met anyone but I'm sure some goth or metal head somewhere surely has done so. Then when their friends come over they impress them by having a book.

"Wow man, I didn't know you could read!"

"Yeah, I'm a Satanist, look at the pentagram! So you want to go sacrifice a cat?"

"Yeah, totally rad man lets do it!"

I don't really know how that would go but it must be something along those lines.

Disclaimer: No offense intended to those of you who like metal and dark aesthetics. I my self enjoy those things but I'm generalizing the likely culprits of such stupidity.

#309313 - 02/24/08 11:38 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Im noticing a pattern that is repeating itself lately in this board. Someone claims to be a Satanist and then he proceeds to state something that is obviously against a core rule of Satanic philosophy.

Hey guys, Im a Satanist, but I disagree with _______

And then he happens to disagree with something that is elemental to any Satanist, like revenge, self-preservation or respecting the law.

Then, when he is confronted by other members, he claims to be His own kind of Satanist and declares he doesnt need others approval.

So, if he doesnt need others approval, why he posts it in the first place?

Does this sound familiar? Anyone else notices a lot of that recently? Why they keep coming here with the same story over and over?

And they always fail to comprehend the reason why the door is slammed on their faces.

I wonder why they dont go to an animal rights board and post I agree with all your principles, except I like to kill baby seals on the weekends and then complain about their closed-mildness when they are not well received.

We keep getting visited by people who insist on being almost Satanic except they disagree with Doctor LaVey in this or that.

Satanism is not some blurry undefined concept. It is a religion with a set of principles you either agree or disagree with as a whole.

You either fully identify with it or you dont.

There is not such thing as 90% Satanist.

#309314 - 02/24/08 11:45 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Old_Pig]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

There is such a thing as a 100% idiot.

#309324 - 02/25/08 12:13 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Old_Pig]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig

We keep getting visited by people who insist on being almost Satanic except they disagree with Doctor LaVey in this or that.

I was talking to a Christian girl today. We got into the conversation of religion, her religion. She was talking about how she wouldn't associate her self with people who worship the Devil. I laughed and said to her that she'd be glad to know I don't "worship" the "Devil". I told her that I worshiped my self and was my own god. Most people don't get affronted by this and I need not say I'm a Satanist. Plus I'm not a card holding member, it wouldn't be fair to label my self so even if I wanted to do so. This let her know where I stand and we discussed the matter further.

So I did what I do best, nit-picking at her philosophy to get a better understanding of how her mind worked. She likes to sin, enjoys sleeping around and dressing in a provocative manner. I pointed out that her life style was against the Christian teachings, even the most modern of them. I asked how does that work out for her and why she supports it. She replied along the lines of well as long as I believe in Jesus I'm still a Christian.

Which leads me to believe that doing things half way, be it; worship, belief, understanding, ect. Is an all too common practice among Christians. This is not just based of her but the hundreds of others I've encountered. Scratch that, thousands of others I've encountered.

This would explain their inability to understand that with Satanism there is no half way. You either walk the way or you walk a different path all together. If you disagree with any of it you're looking for a different path. So why bother setting foot on the road if you don't agree with the way it goes?

Christianity is beyond explanation to me. It has become so watered down that doing things aimlessly without direction or purpose is acceptable to them. Ludicrous!

Edited by FalloutGod (02/25/08 12:21 AM)
Edit Reason: typos and minor dyslexia

#309344 - 02/25/08 02:03 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: hellbent666]
verkennix Offline

Loc: va
In answer to you real question, does forgiving the wrongs you've been done cowardice? The answer is no. Forgiveness is just as right a reaction to wrong doing as revenge. The CHOICE is yours. YOU choose to forgive or avenge. YOU choose! Is what was done to you so bad, so horrible that you need vengance to sleep at night, to live your life without the constant questioning of what you have done, or not done, haunting you?
Don't listen to me, don't listen to any one on this forum, cowardice has NOTHING to do with your pain. DECIDE FOR YOURSELF!
What can you live with , what can you take? The answer is yours, and yours' alone. Ignore the narrow minded, blood-thirsty b**ches on this forum.
It's your LIFE. Kill if you gotta, but don't let silly f&*ks sway you one way or the other.

#309392 - 02/25/08 07:46 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: verkennix]
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Except for the small fact that none of us here were encouraging bloodshed, and only an imbecile would immediately assume "revenge" merely entails fighting; only an even greater imbecile would fail to read the posts stating exactly that.

It's "someone's choice" if they want to jump off a cliff or not -- one choice is stupid in 95% of situations; from what he's told us, and how he's acted, he's clearly stupid.

End of discussion.

Undercroft

#309395 - 02/25/08 07:53 AM Math [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

“I am a Satanist” + “I do not agree with ‘The Satanic Bible’” = “I am not a Satanist”.

#309440 - 02/25/08 09:57 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: verkennix]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

1) The only sensible thing you said in this post is: "Don't listen to me".

2) You should take your own advice: "Ignore the narrow-minded, bood-thirsty bitches."

3) By "blood-thirsty bitches", I assume you mean yourself: "It's your LIFE. Kill if you gotta, but don't let silly f&*ks sway you one way or the other." Since you will not take your own advice, I will.

#309445 - 02/25/08 10:11 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: verkennix]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Quote:
Ignore the narrow minded, blood-thirsty b**ches on this forum.

Hiya verkennix! Narrow minded, blood thirsty bitch, here. Welcome to what I imagine will be a brief visit to the forum.

In the everyday world, when one is attempting to "find themselves" this might be an appropriate answer:

Quote:
The CHOICE is yours. YOU choose to forgive or avenge. YOU choose! Is what was done to you so bad, so horrible that you need vengance to sleep at night, to live your life without the constant questioning of what you have done, or not done, haunting you?
Don't listen to me, don't listen to any one on this forum,

Yes. If someone wanted a grand perspective and maintain their own feelings, that might be an ok, if obvious, response.

But that isn't the case. He came to this forum and asked a question. He is trying to figure out if he is naturally a Satanist and wanted other Satanists to provide personal and dogmatic answers.

So, you see, your response doesn't really fit. It hardly seems like a good idea to ask for a specific opinion and then be told to ignore it.

The poster wanted to know if his leaning was Satanic or not, not if it was "good" or "bad" or anything else. He asked it from the people who have studied and embraced Satanic dogma. They determined his position wasn't Satanic. This, one would imagine, was the exact answer he needed. He of course, disagrees. He wants to wear the label of Satanist instead of being true to himself.

This forum is run by and for Satanists.

In an earlier post you wrote that you wanted the truth (as well as a good many other rude statements.) We give truth. If the truth is not to one's liking, that is fine. But we will not change Satanism so everyone can fit in and feel good about it.

Y~

#309470 - 02/25/08 12:12 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Ygraine]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I concur with what Magistra Ygraine said and would have said it my self... if it was my place to say it.

#309473 - 02/25/08 12:16 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: ]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Agreed!!

#309510 - 02/25/08 03:38 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:
I've never had an enemy at least not one I've ever hated enough to want harmed or "destroyed"

Well there you go! Congratulations, you've seemed to have sheltered yourself. When the day comes and someone cracks you out of your shell, then what? Experience is what it is. It's only a matter of time you'll meet the person that don't like you nor you them, and they'll exploit you for being passive.

P.S. I hate neutrality.

Edited by Nephilim (02/25/08 03:41 PM)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#309519 - 02/25/08 04:20 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Let no-one stop you from living your life like the mighty damn fine retarded examples below.
You are indeed a coward and can join the ranks of the other cowards out there, living and dying on their knees.

Matthew
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Luke
If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic.

YUCK!

\:> \:> \:> \:>

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#309520 - 02/25/08 04:26 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
 Originally Posted By: Mr_Walker696
Am I Truly A Coward???

Yes.
And you're also a retard.

#309524 - 02/25/08 04:52 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Mr_Walker696]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
I certainly do not follow your logic here. I dont see the correlation between what LaVey wrote and the complete fallacy of the bible.

I have an idea how about empty all that biblical bullshit out of your head and look at the situation with new eyes!

Oh and before I forget you are a yellow lily livered coward.
\:>

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#309554 - 02/25/08 06:19 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: ]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
In the upstairs area it is often necessary to beat horses until they are no longer recognizable as horses. So, keep beating! Horses, horses...

#309556 - 02/25/08 06:23 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Jack_Lantern
Horses, horses...

Patti Smith!
If anyone gets that reference WITHOUT Google is officially cool and tiki worthy.

#309566 - 02/25/08 06:43 PM Re: Math [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You have a way with numbers.

#309567 - 02/25/08 06:43 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Her debut album?

#309570 - 02/25/08 06:46 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: $lesk]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

And one of my most prized possessions.

As promised:

#309571 - 02/25/08 06:48 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

I KNEW I was cool!

\:D

#309586 - 02/25/08 07:42 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Jack_Lantern
Horses, horses...

Patti Smith!
If anyone gets that reference WITHOUT Google is officially cool and tiki worthy.

I prefer Easter and Wave myself.

Y~

#309591 - 02/25/08 07:56 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Ygraine]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

The reason Horses is burned into my brain is because that was the first time I ever heard anything like it. If you rememeber, it was all about hard rock and early metal back then (which seems like last week). I was 15, ordered the cassette on a whim, because my mother joined that monthly record club...you know, they send you a cassette, hope you forget and charge you for it.
I put in the player I carried with me everywhere, put on the phones, and heard the voice, the poetry, "Jesus died for somebody's sins, but not mine", and I was hooked.
Yes...she has done better. But, on a personal level, it will always be my favorite.

But I really like "Rock and Roll Nigger" and "Because the Night".

#309632 - 02/25/08 11:55 PM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
If you rememeber, it was all about hard rock and early metal back then (which seems like last week)...But I really like "Rock and Roll Nigger" and "Because the Night".

Then you'll be pleased as punch to know that 80s pop metal superstars, Keel (what, you've never heard them?) had covered "Because The Night" -- and it even had a video.

The things I know...

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#309648 - 02/26/08 12:35 AM Re: Am I Truly A Coward??? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
The reason Horses is burned into my brain is because that was the first time I ever heard anything like it. If you rememeber, it was all about hard rock and early metal back then (which seems like last week).

Strangely enough at the time she was dating Allen Lanier from the heavy metal band Blue Oyster Cult. She sings on the track "The revenge of Vera Gemini" on the album "Agents of Fortune". The photo from the inner cover of that album later made it into a story arc for the Marvel Comics group The Defenders which featured a group of villains called Agents of Fortune and a female villain named Vera Gemini.

For some reason trivia like this sticks in my brain, while I sometimes have trouble remembering names of co-workers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements