Topic Options
#309119 - 02/24/08 11:16 AM Other Satanic groups
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

In my pursuit of knowledge, I’ve come across many different ‘satanic organizations’. Except for the obvious (links is signatures) or the ‘true believers in a dark god’ (stupid occultnik b.s.) are there any other groups that are ‘associated’ with the COS?

Let me explain. I came across some dope who uses portions of The Satanic Bible and praises Magus LaVey and then bashes him and tries to discredit the COS. Poses with a priest (catholic) and says we should all get along out of mutual respect. It’s nitwits like this that gives good, self respecting Satanists a bad name.

BTW membership fee and paperwork is on the way.

Ave Satanis

#309121 - 02/24/08 11:20 AM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Risen08]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
No.

There is no other "group" affiliated with the Church of Satan.

There is only ONE Church of Satan.

The rest are pretenders and losers who either can't afford to join or want to do stupid things that we don't tolerate.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#309163 - 02/24/08 02:42 PM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Svengali]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

I thought as much.

Thank You Magister

#309225 - 02/24/08 06:59 PM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Risen08]
Charlie R Offline

Why is there a membership fee to the Church of Satan? Sorry, I know this is off topic.

#309230 - 02/24/08 07:23 PM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Charlie R]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
 Originally Posted By: James R
Why is there a membership fee to the Church of Satan? Sorry, I know this is off topic.

Administrative costs. Same as any other organization.

Surely, you could have figured that one out... or visited the "Affiliation" section of the Church of Satan site to get an idea.

Also, when asking a question, please start a new thread and not tack onto an existing one. Thanks.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#309725 - 02/26/08 09:37 AM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Svengali]
Autophilius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
[Please note that only forum moderators and members of the Priesthood are permitted to post replies in the Questions forum. All other posts will be deleted. If you have your own question, please start a new thread.]

Edited by Reverend_Harris (02/26/08 10:02 AM)

#309731 - 02/26/08 09:49 AM Re: Other Satanic groups [Re: Autophilius]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The Temple of the Vampire is not affiliated with the COS. While there are similarities, the focus is different.

Both organizations enjoy a friendly, mutual relationship, that goes back to the days when Dr. LaVey was with us. As part of this relationship we do not discuss the TOV here, nor do they discuss the COS on their message board.

Any questions regarding the TOV and its philosophies, metaphors etc should be directed to them.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#309817 - 02/26/08 05:47 PM Always check the Source. [Re: Risen08]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...

#309894 - 02/26/08 09:43 PM Re: Always check the Source. [Re: Nemo]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Thank You Magisters

Forum Stats
12017 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics