Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#309620 - 02/25/08 10:42 PM Introduction
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Hello!

I just came across this site while perusing the COS website. I am currently unaffiliated with any religion. As I've been many flavors of spiritual so far and none of them seemed really logical at the end of the day, here I am!
My name is Nikki, and I'm a college student/stay at home mom. Biding my time until the little one's ready for school so I can re-enter the work force with a degree this time.
I haven't read the Satanic Bible yet, and I very much intend to as soon as I can. I don't intend to clutter up the board with questions I could have answered myself, but I did want to post a quick intro out of courtesy.
Nice to meet you all and glad to be here!

#309719 - 02/26/08 08:55 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Very nice of you to do so. When you do read The Satanic Bible you should have a better understanding of who we are.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#309722 - 02/26/08 09:09 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
spook show Offline
CoS Member

Loc: under your bed
 Quote:
I haven't read the Satanic Bible yet, and I very much intend to as soon as I can. I don't intend to clutter up the board with questions I could have answered myself,

At last, someone finally gets it!

Greetings NubsMcGee. I hope to see more of you around here in the future. Enjoy LttD.

~Anton Szandor LaVey

#309724 - 02/26/08 09:35 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I appreciate the courteous and straight-forward manner of your introduction. I would be interested to hear what you think after you have read The Satanic Bible. It's nice to have you here.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#309726 - 02/26/08 09:44 AM Re: Introduction [Re: AurEum]
Nicolette Offline

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. When I smelled the smoke emanating from the roasted flanks of unread newbies, I decided to can the questions until I'd read the book.

I really can't wait to get a copy. There are a few points that I'm not sure I agree with yet, but the whole philosophy is so different than anything I've encountered before that I'm really excited to read more.

Whether or not I decide that I am a Satanist, I already definitely applaud Satanism for its rejection of the 'everyone is special' crap that our society embraces. It feels good to finally be able to say without guilt - no, we are NOT all created equal. Know your limitations, understand them, work around them, but you are not special just because you are warm flesh. I like that.

#310606 - 02/29/08 03:53 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
Trouble_Maker Offline

Loc: Michigan
I just finished my copy of the Satanic Bible for the first time; I agree with you NubsMcGee, that there may be points that I do not agree with also. Until I became versed in the definition of Magic, I thought it was all hogwash.

I am a reformed "born again Christian", meaning I was agnostic, got caught up in faith, and when I became nauseated with the duplicity of the faithful Christian kind, I became an athiest.

I beleive in the power of prayer; it is the same as the manifestation of magic, but without giving credit to the source; our own will. Once I became clear on what magic really means, I realized that I have believed in magic for a long time. Now I seem to almost accidentally force my will on my surrounding; more so than can be explained by mere coincidence. (I started to list a specific incident here, but will refrain because a single incident is likely a coincidence, but it would take pages to outline the numerous incidents in the last three weeks.)

Anyhow, I believe it is not so much a matter of complying with the practices of the powerful members of the Church that make you a Satanist, but embracing the philosophy and living a fulfilled life with your eyes open, free of imposed delusion, and making life conform to your needs rather than supplicating in front of an icon of impossible perfection that makes you a Satanist.

I may get blasted to smithereens for that statement, but who cares? I don't believe that Dr LaVey intended for everyone to communicate in Enochian to enjoy living a life of fullfillment; in fact, his philosophy rejects conformity without question. I only wish I had met him! I would cherish a stirring conversation with someone who did not use faith as the sole support of their opinion! I don't believe he would fault you for having doubts; after all, doubt and defiance are truly Satanic attributes!

Hail Satan!

Farting is not a sin or a crime; it is more like a prank. - Me

#310642 - 02/29/08 08:49 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Nicolette Offline

Still waiting patiently for my copy in the mail...

#310736 - 02/29/08 02:53 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Trouble_Maker
I beleive in the power of prayer; it is the same as the manifestation of magic, but without giving credit to the source; our own will.

Even when you strip away all the religious trappings, there's a world of difference between the two. Prayer is an apprehensive act where your will is supposed to still be in line with that of a deity. The Satanic Bible goes into more detail.

Quote:
I believe it is not so much a matter of complying with the practices of the powerful members of the Church that make you a Satanist, but embracing the philosophy [...] I may get blasted to smithereens for that statement

Actually, if anything I suspect you would have been "blasted" by declaring the opposite.

Quote:
I don't believe he would fault you for having doubts; after all, doubt and defiance are truly Satanic attributes!

Unfortuantely people seem to use this line to encourage needless nit-picking "debates" about stupid things. Just something to keep in mind.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310789 - 02/29/08 06:12 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
 Quote:
I may get blasted to smithereens for that statement, but who cares?

At the very least, you should.

Quote:
I don't believe that Dr LaVey intended for everyone to communicate in Enochian to enjoy living a life of fullfillment; in fact, his philosophy rejects conformity without question. I only wish I had met him!

There are those of us here who did know him quite well.

#314066 - 03/12/08 11:26 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Nemo]
Nicolette Offline

So, I have gobbled up both the Satanic Bible and the Satanic Witch, and I have to say, it feels like I found a veritable goldmine.

Throughout life, I've always had a little voice in my head that took exception to so many different PC issues, to all the different dogmas and mores that just don't add up but you are not supposed to say so. While reading the Satanic Bible, it seemed that Dr. LaVey was the person to take that little voice, and make it a big voice, and called 'Bullshit' on so many levels.

Before I got interested in Satanism, I had decided that I was an atheist, and my religion was going to be self-improvement. I felt a void, however, in my life where ritual and belief is concerned. I knew that I desired ritual and a structured system of beliefs in my life, but I did not want to pay lip service to some creator deity, or get tangled up in the new-age crap. Satanism is that logical, theatrical exception that offers realists the psychodrama without the self delusions.

Satanism is for me. Already in the last month embracing a Satanic philosophy has given me so much incentive to try my hardest to improve myself and station in life, to enjoy every day the best I can, and also, seek some well merited revenge that was as sweet as can be.

I'm not sure when I'll seek registered membership. For now, I am going to concentrate on reading and applying all the Satanic literature that I can.

Hail Satan!

#314107 - 03/12/08 03:04 PM Congratulations! [Re: Nicolette]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
What is best in life?

Conan's answer (paraphrased from Genghis Khan) may cause a harsh chuckle but the truly best answer is, "Happiness."

Despite all the rhetoric and primate dominance games, at the end of the day if you have not found any happiness you have wasted that day.

Happiness is a habit.

You are on the right road.

Keep reinforcing it!

#314112 - 03/12/08 03:18 PM Re: Congratulations! [Re: Nemo]
Nicolette Offline

Thanks Magister Nemo!

Happiness for me is the feeling of satisfaction that at the end of the day, I did all I could to better myself and enjoyed life to the hilt.

#314113 - 03/12/08 03:26 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Your intro was rather tentative, so I thought I would give you a wait see. Now, it appears we are stuck with you.

I'm glad.

BTW...to me, you will always have bananas strapped to your chest. ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#314114 - 03/12/08 03:32 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Nicolette Offline

Hmmm... I decided about a day ago that joke really would've gone over better in person

Glad you didn't hold those bananas against me!

Thanks Roho

#314127 - 03/12/08 05:07 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Nicolette]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I enjoyed your introduction. I, too, am new to these forums. I'm looking forward to more wonderful discussions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406027 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements