Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#309916 - 02/26/08 10:57 PM A good (Satanic) fable about America.
Enigma777 Offline

Ancient Version

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

The moral of the story:
Work hard and be responsible for yourself!

Modern Version

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and PBS show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can it be, in a country of such vast wealth, that this poor grasshopper be allowed to suffer so?

Then a representative of the N.A.A.G.B. (The National Association of Green Bugs) shows up on Night Line and charges the ant with "Green Bias" and makes the case that the grasshopper is the victim of 30 million years of greenism. Kermit the frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when he sings "It's Not Easy Being Green."
Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news media videos the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

The EEOC drafts the Economic Equity for Grasshoppers Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of grasshoppers, and having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Finally, we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in (which use to be the ant's house) crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The story ends as the grasshopper is found dead in a drug-related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

The moral of the story:
Be careful how you vote!

Sad but true. \:>

#310042 - 02/27/08 11:16 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
That about covers it

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#310176 - 02/27/08 07:49 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: IRI]
Enigma777 Offline

YOU ARE A GREENIST!!

#310207 - 02/27/08 09:34 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: nicesatan777
YOU ARE A GREENIST!!

Only if I can get the ant herds to collect my supplies and build my condos while I indulge. If not, well then I guess I would have to do that all on my own.

I believe it was Boyd Rice who more or less said that the weak would be ruled by the strong, and the strong would be ruled by the intelligent. Self-survival (by any legal means) is a primary Satanic instinctual characteristic.

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#310357 - 02/28/08 01:55 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I've read variations of this parody the years such as "the Democrat version", etc. Regardless, it's a great analogy of the anti-satanic "victim mentality" that goes on today, where taking reponsibility for your own actions is somehow taboo.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310561 - 02/28/08 10:53 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Bill_M]
Enigma777 Offline

Care to give the Democratic version?

Does it go like this:
The lazy, wicked, Ant gets rich off the back of the
pure hearted, innocent hardworking grasshopper who gets nothing for his work.Even though the grasshopper has to suffer in the cruel hands of the ant, he always remains kind hearted, avoids stealing, and most important, pays taxes. \:\)

(may be that was a bit too far from the original)

#310604 - 02/29/08 03:19 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Trouble_Maker Offline

Loc: Michigan
Lets flip this around.

The grasshopper (a Satanist) enjoys his life to the utmost all summer long. When winter comes the ant is inside, snug and warm. The grasshopper experiences envy! He invites the ant outside to make a snowman, and halfway through, the grasshopper goes in to use the john. He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death. The grasshopper emerges long enough to drag the ant in and cook him into a nice stew.

In the spring, the grasshopper emerges into the sunshine, full of joy in anticipation of the coming year. He wonders if he will find another ant stupid enough to build a house without a secret entrance next fall.

Farting is not a sin or a crime; it is more like a prank. - Me

#310734 - 02/29/08 02:43 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Quote:
He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death.
No, that's being a free-loading parasite.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310766 - 02/29/08 05:08 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
I must say this post reply speaks volumes about you. Good thing most Americans are able to stay armed within their own home. Trust me if I don't know who one is at the front door, good chance there is a firearm close at hand if not also pointed at the offender from the opposite side of the door just in case. The last door to door salesman at my door got the same said door slammed in their face, and some rather nasty words said as for just good measure.
Trust is earned and if I don't know who you are from among the huddled masses, you have already made a very big mistake banging on the door in the first place. There is no warm fuzzy feeling for complete strangers here when some would attempt to show up at my front door, the huddled masses provide all the modern evidence of how low the dispecable human leeches will really go. I have already been through trial by fire so there are no second chances for any kind of mistake. I am really glad most States in the U.S. are passing domain specific laws allowing legal citizens to defend home and property by any means necessary.
Though to avoid further pointlessness in this post now, I will leave with some remaining thoughts, say such a thing on my property and I would show you the door the hard way. I really have no tolerance for lowlife types much any more. The Human Monkey has offered too much evidence to give an inch anywhere, at any point in everyday life.

Edited by JayLucif (02/29/08 06:39 PM)

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310774 - 02/29/08 05:37 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: JayLucif]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Sometimes I really shake my head around here where I'm currently residing...these people drive around with 'donks' on their cars - 40" wheels, and complain about how much more privileged I am because I'm white.

No...we drive a crappy car that goes A to B, so we're not in debt. My husband works so I can get an education. We don't have a lot of nice stuff but we're not in debt either. The only thing that separates isn't skin color - it's my determination to make a better life for myself.

I can't help but wonder how much farther you could go in life if you saved the $12,000 you spent on wheels and spent it on education.

But, I'm not green so I couldn't possibly understand, right?

#310786 - 02/29/08 06:00 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Bill_M]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
No, that's being a free-loading parasite.

More like a burglar.

#310791 - 02/29/08 06:16 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous misinterpretations I've ever read.

I have three words for the grasshopper.

Get a job!

#310793 - 02/29/08 06:25 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
 Originally Posted By: nicesatan777
The moral of the story:
Work hard and be responsible for yourself!

Originally Posted By: Trouble_Maker
Lets flip this around.

Why?

Originally Posted By: Trouble_Maker
The grasshopper (a Satanist) enjoys his life to the utmost all summer long. When winter comes the ant is inside, snug and warm. The grasshopper experiences envy! He invites the ant outside to make a snowman, and halfway through, the grasshopper goes in to use the john. He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death. The grasshopper emerges long enough to drag the ant in and cook him into a nice stew.

In the spring, the grasshopper emerges into the sunshine, full of joy in anticipation of the coming year. He wonders if he will find another ant stupid enough to build a house without a secret entrance next fall.

And this is your perception of what Satanism is about?

I would say something, but a couple of people have already voiced similar sentiments.

Edited by phoenixrisen (02/29/08 06:27 PM)

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#310808 - 02/29/08 07:24 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Self preservation is the highest law of nature, and essential to that is your reputation. If you come off as a heartless opportunist don't be surprised when you find your self treated poorly. I prefer to treat people as they treat me, and to treat them as I want to be treated. So in that respect I do not agree with you. That's not the way I live, nor is that the way of life described in The Satanic Bible.

Now imagine your self putting a loaded gun to your foot, safety off. Then imagine your self pulling the trigger and putting a hole in your own foot. How would you feel about doing that? You should feel the same way about what you said.

\:\)

Edited by FalloutGod (02/29/08 07:25 PM)
Edit Reason: typos

#310830 - 02/29/08 08:43 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: FalloutGod]
Enigma777 Offline

The "Summer" is more like High School and collage.
While "Winter" is the rest of your life.

If you work hard in High School and Collage, make the right decisions early on, do well and get a good job, you will be allowed to enjoy the rest of your life like the ant, like a TRUE SATANIST!
You will have EARNED your place above others, and to call yourself ELITE!

It is sad fact that there are too many people like the grasshopper who screw around in high school, take drugs, and bully others.

They may be the "cooler" kids now, but see what happens to them as they reach adulthood. They come begging to those successful who were previously called "nerds" for money that they don't deserve.(only in the U.S., for we SPOIL our homeless people, while those in other countries never even get a chance to receive an education).

I think this is one reason why kids aren't allowed to join the Church because they have more important things to worry about. Such as establishing their future.
"Be nice to nerds, you might end up working for one" -Bill Gates

Edited by nicesatan777 (02/29/08 08:47 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements