Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#310837 - 02/29/08 09:05 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Enigma777 Offline

Sorry, that wasn't a reply to Falloutgod, it was reply to the whole thread. I keep making the same mistake!

But anyways, in that other, story, the grasshopper CLEARLY has a misinterpretation of true Satanism.
"Responsibility to the responsible!"
Take care of your own actions and don't break the law!
While the Ant should have treated the Grasshopper "cruely and without mercy!"

Advice to ALL:
Do not give to beggars in LA without having them do something in return(wipe your shoes, car). That will only encourage them to stay on the streets. Perhaps even call his buddies to move near you house or invade the park so that real people can't enjoy it.

If they sell something(pencils, oranges), buy it by paying the right amount of money and taking the product(nothing more). They are businessmen, treat them like one!

If a Hobo follows you, RUN!(or do something smart like calling the cops)

Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance. We are SOOOO lucky compared to them!

#310844 - 02/29/08 09:57 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
If you work hard in High School and Collage, make the right decisions early on, do well and get a good job, you will be allowed to enjoy the rest of your life like the ant, like a TRUE SATANIST!
You will have EARNED your place above others, and to call yourself ELITE!

Have to disagree with you there.

Sure, working your tail off at your education is an excellent way to start off, and will indeed give you advantages for many years to come. But the game is not won or lost by the time you take that stroll in your cap and gown.

Are you by any chance still in school? I remember the feeling that after graduation, the universe would just kind of hand me a fulfilling career and a great life, because I had done such a smashing job academically, and was such an all-around wonderful guy.

As it happened, the actual universe worked a little differently.

(Good grief, I'm starting to sound like my father.)

-Chess

#310851 - 02/29/08 10:50 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
 Originally Posted By: nicesatan777
Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance. We are SOOOO lucky compared to them!

I wonder if there is a "save the children from the mass global idiocy" fund.

I've done charity work for some doctors, nurses and dentists (they were Canadian and I think also from Ohio or Michigan). We would go to out of reach places where health care was near impossible to recieve, due to lack of money, infrastructure and qualified personnel. I was the interpreter. I felt like I was actually doing something. We would cure children and adults of skin desieses, parasites, give them vitamins and so on. The locals waved at the bus smiling and chearing when we left.

A few months later the people who organized the event recieved a few calls asking for the doctors to come back. The villagers had been reinfected of all the same desieses and parasites. They had kept drinking from the same well we told told them to stop using, wich happened to be down hill from the same latrine we told them to stop using. They kept bathing and shitting up-river from where they washed their clothes... I could go on and on but you should get the image.

Right now I just focus on my baby sister. I've managed to show her how useful a dictionary is and explained to her why Adam and Eva don't appear in her nature sciences book! (among other things). I just hope I can be that little voice in her ear that keeps her from getting too close to the god religions... nothing too blunt, our mother is a passive christian.

#310862 - 03/01/08 12:11 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Chess]
Enigma777 Offline

Okay I admit, I may have gone a LITTLE far in how much education determines your life. Your life doesn't get secured or lost then and there. One must also know how to use his or her skills and be aware of limitations. Luck and opportunity also play a big part.
Thank you for reminding me of that!

But one should not deny the fact that doing well in school makes it a HELL of a lot easier to find a job. You will also get paid more than your counterparts (at least in the US) if you know another language or something. It will at least almost always keep you off the streets. Many times people don't want you on the streets. Employers and big companies need literate, and learned people to fill their demands. And a good, educated employee is a not something to be thrown away like a cheap laborer. You are not easily expendable. You are special unlike the many illegal immigrants and homeless people who take up all the "low skilled jobs"

Some fields are easier than others. At this time and age, if one has a good background in computers, medical science, engineering, or any of those rapidly growing fields, it should be much easier to make a living as opposed to those who pursue a career in sports or acting.

This world is ruled by Social Darwinism; Survival of the fittest! Education gives us tools that help us survive in this jungle called society.
It even has some nice positive effects on a person.
Makes him or her more interesting, gives the person an automatic
educated look. You lose weight too!

Edited by nicesatan777 (03/01/08 12:21 AM)

#310864 - 03/01/08 12:18 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: CatlikeJoe]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: iron

I wonder if there is a "save the children from the mass global idiocy" fund.

I've done charity work for some doctors, nurses and dentists (they were Canadian and I think also from Ohio or Michigan). We would go to out of reach places where health care was near impossible to recieve, due to lack of money, infrastructure and qualified personnel. I was the interpreter. I felt like I was actually doing something. We would cure children and adults of skin desieses, parasites, give them vitamins and so on. The locals waved at the bus smiling and chearing when we left.

A few months later the people who organized the event recieved a few calls asking for the doctors to come back. The villagers had been reinfected of all the same desieses and parasites. They had kept drinking from the same well we told told them to stop using, wich happened to be down hill from the same latrine we told them to stop using. They kept bathing and shitting up-river from where they washed their clothes... I could go on and on but you should get the image.

Right now I just focus on my baby sister. I've managed to show her how useful a dictionary is and explained to her why Adam and Eva don't appear in her nature sciences book! (among other things). I just hope I can be that little voice in her ear that keeps her from getting too close to the god religions... nothing too blunt, our mother is a passive christian.

Oh that is horrible! \:>

Well at least you are helping out your sister, and I'm sure that will have a lasting positive effect.
Always good to do service to one's family \:\)

#310866 - 03/01/08 12:21 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
phoenixrisen, you really that hot?

Just turn the charm up another two clicks, and she's yours!

\:>

#310869 - 03/01/08 12:30 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Nicolette]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: NubsMcGee
Sometimes I really shake my head around here where I'm currently residing...these people drive around with 'donks' on their cars - 40" wheels, and complain about how much more privileged I am because I'm white.

No...we drive a crappy car that goes A to B, so we're not in debt. My husband works so I can get an education. We don't have a lot of nice stuff but we're not in debt either. The only thing that separates isn't skin color - it's my determination to make a better life for myself.

I can't help but wonder how much farther you could go in life if you saved the $12,000 you spent on wheels and spent it on education.

But, I'm not green so I couldn't possibly understand, right?

Do you live in a non-white community?
Everyone wants to blame their problems on the white people,
(It is sooo easy and safe) I'm Indian, so I know.

#310872 - 03/01/08 12:39 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Phosis
phoenixrisen, you really that hot?

Just turn the charm up another two clicks, and she's yours!

\:>

She's English too!
I've been to England and Scotland. It was like a dream!
Their people are just so interesting and cool. They just might be the master race! Jk JK!
I can say that my native country(India) ultimately benefited from their rule!

Sorry, now back to the topic...

#310922 - 03/01/08 08:52 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
You lose weight too!

*looks down at her midriff*

I must be doing something wrong.

;\)

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#310930 - 03/01/08 09:12 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
You would be surprised how few people actually work in their field of study. But , I have found, that my degree will get me in for a interview when "no one is hiring". I'm adaptable- if I can learn Chaucer and Middle English- I should be able to apply myself to what ever skills the employer is willing to teach.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#310938 - 03/01/08 09:37 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Yes, I do, I live in Augusta, GA. I've lived in California, the UK, and in northern Florida, and never before have I experienced hostility to this degree. Many times I have been told that as a white woman, I cannot possibly understand their situation.

Partially, I agree. I was a mechanic for 5 years, and unless you have been a female military mechanic, you cannot understand how that felt.

However, my skin color has nothing to do with enlisting in the military. You can be any color and join the military. I earned my GI bill, and now I'm earning my BA.

Besides all that, I am half Cuban and grew up below the poverty level and still my son has a better life than I had already.

That is why I get so angry when my family is treated with such hostility in this primarily black area. It never benefits whites to be minority.

#311014 - 03/01/08 01:41 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
That depends on the market, the demand, and the person’s personality. The market may be far too saturated with the person’s major, or might require at least a PhD in that field to get a career in that major. The demand might not be there, perhaps there is no one needing such a major. Or perhaps the person’s attitude makes him unappealing to the employers. Or, worse case scenario, the highly educated field you chosen has become outdated.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#311178 - 03/01/08 11:02 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: phoenixrisen]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: phoenixrisen
You lose weight too!

*looks down at her midriff*

I must be doing something wrong.

;\)

Of course I wasn't serious about that!
One must also keep up with physical exercise if they are to live long and live well.
I just thought about the fact that the brain takes about 20% of your body energy. Which is huge for just ONE organ.
Lot of calories burned in thinking!

#311182 - 03/01/08 11:10 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Discipline]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Discipline
That depends on the market, the demand, and the person’s personality. The market may be far too saturated with the person’s major, or might require at least a PhD in that field to get a career in that major. The demand might not be there, perhaps there is no one needing such a major. Or perhaps the person’s attitude makes him unappealing to the employers. Or, worse case scenario, the highly educated field you chosen has become outdated.

Right! That is WHY one must be prepared early on!

However, by the time computers, medical science and engineering(robots, NASA etc.) get outdated, the world would already be destroyed with one or more of those crazy Armageddon ideas.

#311249 - 03/02/08 10:24 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I wish I was young and idealistic again ... oh wait, then I'd have to go through the whole rude awakening process again, no thank you.

Quote:
Employers and big companies need literate, and learned people to fill their demands. And a good, educated employee is a not something to be thrown away like a cheap laborer. You are not easily expendable. You are special unlike the many illegal immigrants and homeless people who take up all the "low skilled jobs"

This depends what kind of company you work for. I have found that I am valued more in small companies, where it is more of a hardship in terms of time and resources to find and train another person. The downside to working for a small company is fewer chances for promotions. When dealing with larger companies, no matter how good you are, you are replaceable. Granted, they would prefer that I stay because there would be no guarantee about my replacement's skill level, speed, and managing a fast-paced work environment. However, if I should leave, it won't be a big blow to the company, there are plenty of people who are eager to take any job that is available.

Edited by ealaiontoir (03/02/08 10:25 AM)

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405524 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements