Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#309916 - 02/26/08 10:57 PM A good (Satanic) fable about America.
Enigma777 Offline

Ancient Version

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed. The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

The moral of the story:
Work hard and be responsible for yourself!

Modern Version

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC and PBS show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can it be, in a country of such vast wealth, that this poor grasshopper be allowed to suffer so?

Then a representative of the N.A.A.G.B. (The National Association of Green Bugs) shows up on Night Line and charges the ant with "Green Bias" and makes the case that the grasshopper is the victim of 30 million years of greenism. Kermit the frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when he sings "It's Not Easy Being Green."
Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news media videos the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

The EEOC drafts the Economic Equity for Grasshoppers Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of grasshoppers, and having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Finally, we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in (which use to be the ant's house) crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it. The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The story ends as the grasshopper is found dead in a drug-related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

The moral of the story:
Be careful how you vote!

Sad but true. \:>

#310042 - 02/27/08 11:16 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
That about covers it

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#310176 - 02/27/08 07:49 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: IRI]
Enigma777 Offline

YOU ARE A GREENIST!!

#310207 - 02/27/08 09:34 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: nicesatan777
YOU ARE A GREENIST!!

Only if I can get the ant herds to collect my supplies and build my condos while I indulge. If not, well then I guess I would have to do that all on my own.

I believe it was Boyd Rice who more or less said that the weak would be ruled by the strong, and the strong would be ruled by the intelligent. Self-survival (by any legal means) is a primary Satanic instinctual characteristic.

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#310357 - 02/28/08 01:55 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I've read variations of this parody the years such as "the Democrat version", etc. Regardless, it's a great analogy of the anti-satanic "victim mentality" that goes on today, where taking reponsibility for your own actions is somehow taboo.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310561 - 02/28/08 10:53 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Bill_M]
Enigma777 Offline

Care to give the Democratic version?

Does it go like this:
The lazy, wicked, Ant gets rich off the back of the
pure hearted, innocent hardworking grasshopper who gets nothing for his work.Even though the grasshopper has to suffer in the cruel hands of the ant, he always remains kind hearted, avoids stealing, and most important, pays taxes. \:\)

(may be that was a bit too far from the original)

#310604 - 02/29/08 03:19 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Trouble_Maker Offline

Loc: Michigan
Lets flip this around.

The grasshopper (a Satanist) enjoys his life to the utmost all summer long. When winter comes the ant is inside, snug and warm. The grasshopper experiences envy! He invites the ant outside to make a snowman, and halfway through, the grasshopper goes in to use the john. He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death. The grasshopper emerges long enough to drag the ant in and cook him into a nice stew.

In the spring, the grasshopper emerges into the sunshine, full of joy in anticipation of the coming year. He wonders if he will find another ant stupid enough to build a house without a secret entrance next fall.

Farting is not a sin or a crime; it is more like a prank. - Me

#310734 - 02/29/08 02:43 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Quote:
He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death.
No, that's being a free-loading parasite.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310766 - 02/29/08 05:08 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
I must say this post reply speaks volumes about you. Good thing most Americans are able to stay armed within their own home. Trust me if I don't know who one is at the front door, good chance there is a firearm close at hand if not also pointed at the offender from the opposite side of the door just in case. The last door to door salesman at my door got the same said door slammed in their face, and some rather nasty words said as for just good measure.
Trust is earned and if I don't know who you are from among the huddled masses, you have already made a very big mistake banging on the door in the first place. There is no warm fuzzy feeling for complete strangers here when some would attempt to show up at my front door, the huddled masses provide all the modern evidence of how low the dispecable human leeches will really go. I have already been through trial by fire so there are no second chances for any kind of mistake. I am really glad most States in the U.S. are passing domain specific laws allowing legal citizens to defend home and property by any means necessary.
Though to avoid further pointlessness in this post now, I will leave with some remaining thoughts, say such a thing on my property and I would show you the door the hard way. I really have no tolerance for lowlife types much any more. The Human Monkey has offered too much evidence to give an inch anywhere, at any point in everyday life.

Edited by JayLucif (02/29/08 06:39 PM)

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310774 - 02/29/08 05:37 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: JayLucif]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Sometimes I really shake my head around here where I'm currently residing...these people drive around with 'donks' on their cars - 40" wheels, and complain about how much more privileged I am because I'm white.

No...we drive a crappy car that goes A to B, so we're not in debt. My husband works so I can get an education. We don't have a lot of nice stuff but we're not in debt either. The only thing that separates isn't skin color - it's my determination to make a better life for myself.

I can't help but wonder how much farther you could go in life if you saved the $12,000 you spent on wheels and spent it on education.

But, I'm not green so I couldn't possibly understand, right?

#310786 - 02/29/08 06:00 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Bill_M]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
No, that's being a free-loading parasite.

More like a burglar.

#310791 - 02/29/08 06:16 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

That has got to be one of the most ridiculous misinterpretations I've ever read.

I have three words for the grasshopper.

Get a job!

#310793 - 02/29/08 06:25 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
The moral of the story:
Work hard and be responsible for yourself!

Originally Posted By: Trouble_Maker
Lets flip this around.

Why?

The grasshopper (a Satanist) enjoys his life to the utmost all summer long. When winter comes the ant is inside, snug and warm. The grasshopper experiences envy! He invites the ant outside to make a snowman, and halfway through, the grasshopper goes in to use the john. He locks the door from the inside and ignores the pitiful cries of injustice from outside until the naive ant freezes to death. The grasshopper emerges long enough to drag the ant in and cook him into a nice stew.

In the spring, the grasshopper emerges into the sunshine, full of joy in anticipation of the coming year. He wonders if he will find another ant stupid enough to build a house without a secret entrance next fall.

And this is your perception of what Satanism is about?

I would say something, but a couple of people have already voiced similar sentiments.

Edited by phoenixrisen (02/29/08 06:27 PM)

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#310808 - 02/29/08 07:24 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Self preservation is the highest law of nature, and essential to that is your reputation. If you come off as a heartless opportunist don't be surprised when you find your self treated poorly. I prefer to treat people as they treat me, and to treat them as I want to be treated. So in that respect I do not agree with you. That's not the way I live, nor is that the way of life described in The Satanic Bible.

Now imagine your self putting a loaded gun to your foot, safety off. Then imagine your self pulling the trigger and putting a hole in your own foot. How would you feel about doing that? You should feel the same way about what you said.

\:\)

Edited by FalloutGod (02/29/08 07:25 PM)
Edit Reason: typos

#310830 - 02/29/08 08:43 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: FalloutGod]
Enigma777 Offline

The "Summer" is more like High School and collage.
While "Winter" is the rest of your life.

If you work hard in High School and Collage, make the right decisions early on, do well and get a good job, you will be allowed to enjoy the rest of your life like the ant, like a TRUE SATANIST!
You will have EARNED your place above others, and to call yourself ELITE!

It is sad fact that there are too many people like the grasshopper who screw around in high school, take drugs, and bully others.

They may be the "cooler" kids now, but see what happens to them as they reach adulthood. They come begging to those successful who were previously called "nerds" for money that they don't deserve.(only in the U.S., for we SPOIL our homeless people, while those in other countries never even get a chance to receive an education).

I think this is one reason why kids aren't allowed to join the Church because they have more important things to worry about. Such as establishing their future.
"Be nice to nerds, you might end up working for one" -Bill Gates

Edited by nicesatan777 (02/29/08 08:47 PM)

#310837 - 02/29/08 09:05 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Enigma777 Offline

Sorry, that wasn't a reply to Falloutgod, it was reply to the whole thread. I keep making the same mistake!

But anyways, in that other, story, the grasshopper CLEARLY has a misinterpretation of true Satanism.
"Responsibility to the responsible!"
Take care of your own actions and don't break the law!
While the Ant should have treated the Grasshopper "cruely and without mercy!"

Advice to ALL:
Do not give to beggars in LA without having them do something in return(wipe your shoes, car). That will only encourage them to stay on the streets. Perhaps even call his buddies to move near you house or invade the park so that real people can't enjoy it.

If they sell something(pencils, oranges), buy it by paying the right amount of money and taking the product(nothing more). They are businessmen, treat them like one!

If a Hobo follows you, RUN!(or do something smart like calling the cops)

Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance. We are SOOOO lucky compared to them!

#310844 - 02/29/08 09:57 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
 Quote:
If you work hard in High School and Collage, make the right decisions early on, do well and get a good job, you will be allowed to enjoy the rest of your life like the ant, like a TRUE SATANIST!
You will have EARNED your place above others, and to call yourself ELITE!

Have to disagree with you there.

Sure, working your tail off at your education is an excellent way to start off, and will indeed give you advantages for many years to come. But the game is not won or lost by the time you take that stroll in your cap and gown.

Are you by any chance still in school? I remember the feeling that after graduation, the universe would just kind of hand me a fulfilling career and a great life, because I had done such a smashing job academically, and was such an all-around wonderful guy.

As it happened, the actual universe worked a little differently.

(Good grief, I'm starting to sound like my father.)

-Chess

#310851 - 02/29/08 10:50 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
CatlikeJoe Offline

Loc: Dominican Republic
Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance. We are SOOOO lucky compared to them!

I wonder if there is a "save the children from the mass global idiocy" fund.

I've done charity work for some doctors, nurses and dentists (they were Canadian and I think also from Ohio or Michigan). We would go to out of reach places where health care was near impossible to recieve, due to lack of money, infrastructure and qualified personnel. I was the interpreter. I felt like I was actually doing something. We would cure children and adults of skin desieses, parasites, give them vitamins and so on. The locals waved at the bus smiling and chearing when we left.

A few months later the people who organized the event recieved a few calls asking for the doctors to come back. The villagers had been reinfected of all the same desieses and parasites. They had kept drinking from the same well we told told them to stop using, wich happened to be down hill from the same latrine we told them to stop using. They kept bathing and shitting up-river from where they washed their clothes... I could go on and on but you should get the image.

Right now I just focus on my baby sister. I've managed to show her how useful a dictionary is and explained to her why Adam and Eva don't appear in her nature sciences book! (among other things). I just hope I can be that little voice in her ear that keeps her from getting too close to the god religions... nothing too blunt, our mother is a passive christian.

#310862 - 03/01/08 12:11 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Chess]
Enigma777 Offline

Okay I admit, I may have gone a LITTLE far in how much education determines your life. Your life doesn't get secured or lost then and there. One must also know how to use his or her skills and be aware of limitations. Luck and opportunity also play a big part.
Thank you for reminding me of that!

But one should not deny the fact that doing well in school makes it a HELL of a lot easier to find a job. You will also get paid more than your counterparts (at least in the US) if you know another language or something. It will at least almost always keep you off the streets. Many times people don't want you on the streets. Employers and big companies need literate, and learned people to fill their demands. And a good, educated employee is a not something to be thrown away like a cheap laborer. You are not easily expendable. You are special unlike the many illegal immigrants and homeless people who take up all the "low skilled jobs"

Some fields are easier than others. At this time and age, if one has a good background in computers, medical science, engineering, or any of those rapidly growing fields, it should be much easier to make a living as opposed to those who pursue a career in sports or acting.

This world is ruled by Social Darwinism; Survival of the fittest! Education gives us tools that help us survive in this jungle called society.
It even has some nice positive effects on a person.
Makes him or her more interesting, gives the person an automatic
educated look. You lose weight too!

Edited by nicesatan777 (03/01/08 12:21 AM)

#310864 - 03/01/08 12:18 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: CatlikeJoe]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: iron

I wonder if there is a "save the children from the mass global idiocy" fund.

I've done charity work for some doctors, nurses and dentists (they were Canadian and I think also from Ohio or Michigan). We would go to out of reach places where health care was near impossible to recieve, due to lack of money, infrastructure and qualified personnel. I was the interpreter. I felt like I was actually doing something. We would cure children and adults of skin desieses, parasites, give them vitamins and so on. The locals waved at the bus smiling and chearing when we left.

A few months later the people who organized the event recieved a few calls asking for the doctors to come back. The villagers had been reinfected of all the same desieses and parasites. They had kept drinking from the same well we told told them to stop using, wich happened to be down hill from the same latrine we told them to stop using. They kept bathing and shitting up-river from where they washed their clothes... I could go on and on but you should get the image.

Right now I just focus on my baby sister. I've managed to show her how useful a dictionary is and explained to her why Adam and Eva don't appear in her nature sciences book! (among other things). I just hope I can be that little voice in her ear that keeps her from getting too close to the god religions... nothing too blunt, our mother is a passive christian.

Oh that is horrible! \:>

Well at least you are helping out your sister, and I'm sure that will have a lasting positive effect.
Always good to do service to one's family \:\)

#310866 - 03/01/08 12:21 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
phoenixrisen, you really that hot?

Just turn the charm up another two clicks, and she's yours!

\:>

#310869 - 03/01/08 12:30 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Nicolette]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: NubsMcGee
Sometimes I really shake my head around here where I'm currently residing...these people drive around with 'donks' on their cars - 40" wheels, and complain about how much more privileged I am because I'm white.

No...we drive a crappy car that goes A to B, so we're not in debt. My husband works so I can get an education. We don't have a lot of nice stuff but we're not in debt either. The only thing that separates isn't skin color - it's my determination to make a better life for myself.

I can't help but wonder how much farther you could go in life if you saved the $12,000 you spent on wheels and spent it on education.

But, I'm not green so I couldn't possibly understand, right?

Do you live in a non-white community?
Everyone wants to blame their problems on the white people,
(It is sooo easy and safe) I'm Indian, so I know.

#310872 - 03/01/08 12:39 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: TheDegenerate]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Phosis
phoenixrisen, you really that hot?

Just turn the charm up another two clicks, and she's yours!

\:>

She's English too!
I've been to England and Scotland. It was like a dream!
Their people are just so interesting and cool. They just might be the master race! Jk JK!
I can say that my native country(India) ultimately benefited from their rule!

Sorry, now back to the topic...

#310922 - 03/01/08 08:52 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
You lose weight too!

*looks down at her midriff*

I must be doing something wrong.

;\)

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#310930 - 03/01/08 09:12 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
You would be surprised how few people actually work in their field of study. But , I have found, that my degree will get me in for a interview when "no one is hiring". I'm adaptable- if I can learn Chaucer and Middle English- I should be able to apply myself to what ever skills the employer is willing to teach.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#310938 - 03/01/08 09:37 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
Yes, I do, I live in Augusta, GA. I've lived in California, the UK, and in northern Florida, and never before have I experienced hostility to this degree. Many times I have been told that as a white woman, I cannot possibly understand their situation.

Partially, I agree. I was a mechanic for 5 years, and unless you have been a female military mechanic, you cannot understand how that felt.

However, my skin color has nothing to do with enlisting in the military. You can be any color and join the military. I earned my GI bill, and now I'm earning my BA.

Besides all that, I am half Cuban and grew up below the poverty level and still my son has a better life than I had already.

That is why I get so angry when my family is treated with such hostility in this primarily black area. It never benefits whites to be minority.

#311014 - 03/01/08 01:41 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
That depends on the market, the demand, and the person’s personality. The market may be far too saturated with the person’s major, or might require at least a PhD in that field to get a career in that major. The demand might not be there, perhaps there is no one needing such a major. Or perhaps the person’s attitude makes him unappealing to the employers. Or, worse case scenario, the highly educated field you chosen has become outdated.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#311178 - 03/01/08 11:02 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: phoenixrisen]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: phoenixrisen
You lose weight too!

*looks down at her midriff*

I must be doing something wrong.

;\)

Of course I wasn't serious about that!
One must also keep up with physical exercise if they are to live long and live well.
I just thought about the fact that the brain takes about 20% of your body energy. Which is huge for just ONE organ.
Lot of calories burned in thinking!

#311182 - 03/01/08 11:10 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Discipline]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Discipline
That depends on the market, the demand, and the person’s personality. The market may be far too saturated with the person’s major, or might require at least a PhD in that field to get a career in that major. The demand might not be there, perhaps there is no one needing such a major. Or perhaps the person’s attitude makes him unappealing to the employers. Or, worse case scenario, the highly educated field you chosen has become outdated.

Right! That is WHY one must be prepared early on!

However, by the time computers, medical science and engineering(robots, NASA etc.) get outdated, the world would already be destroyed with one or more of those crazy Armageddon ideas.

#311249 - 03/02/08 10:24 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I wish I was young and idealistic again ... oh wait, then I'd have to go through the whole rude awakening process again, no thank you.

Quote:
Employers and big companies need literate, and learned people to fill their demands. And a good, educated employee is a not something to be thrown away like a cheap laborer. You are not easily expendable. You are special unlike the many illegal immigrants and homeless people who take up all the "low skilled jobs"

This depends what kind of company you work for. I have found that I am valued more in small companies, where it is more of a hardship in terms of time and resources to find and train another person. The downside to working for a small company is fewer chances for promotions. When dealing with larger companies, no matter how good you are, you are replaceable. Granted, they would prefer that I stay because there would be no guarantee about my replacement's skill level, speed, and managing a fast-paced work environment. However, if I should leave, it won't be a big blow to the company, there are plenty of people who are eager to take any job that is available.

Edited by ealaiontoir (03/02/08 10:25 AM)

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#311932 - 03/04/08 12:52 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Trouble_Maker Offline

What can I say? I'm impressed. The little tale I told was meant to test the waters, so to speak. I had no idea that so many here were so sensitive.

My little turnabout was in no way a reflection of my views of Satanism; it was merely the antithesis of the tale by nicesatan777. I created a true villain, and labeled him a Satanist. I had him act in an evil manner, yes. But in his eyes it was truly a matter of life or death. He was merely being pragmatic by eating the ant, because how could he hope to survive the winter on an ant's ration?

It was not my intent to offend, merely to turn the mirror in the other direction. As Satanists, we all can understand that we are the center of our own little universes, and I am no exception. As a Satanist I do not like being criticized or ridiculed. I may be a little sensitive too.

But I had to laugh when I read some of the replies dripping with indignation concerning a small tale of survival of the fittest; the strong taking from the weak. Just as the original fable in this thread was a little "over the top", so was my tale. I simply turned the tables and viola! I had villified the entire organization, and chanced bringing Dr. LaVey's creation crashing down. Or so one would think.

The villain in this tale is the same as in the first tale, just clothed differently. I understand that murder and theft are wrong, but does that stop humans from committing these acts? No. I understand that "affected victimization" is wrong, but does that stop humans from committing that act? Definitely not! I fully understand that the Church of Satan does not condone criminal activity, but each of us, if faced with the decision of taking a life to survive, would behave in a manner befitting our own moral code.

For those who judged what kind of person I am from that tale, I thumb my nose at you. I am a kind and compassionate person, but I am also evil and self serving. I save lives at work at least a few times per year, but I would not hesitate to take the life of a person trying to hurt one of my Rottweilers. I have vast amounts of love in my heart, so it is naturally balanced by evil. I would give my life to save my wife, but I would torture and maim, for days on end, anyone that hurt her.

I do not need the approval of anyone other than those I love. I came here to entertain myself and gauge the general mood of the "internet Satanists". Perhaps I don't belong here. I find that I don't fit in well in most places. Not because I am a reprehensible person, but because I find that the more I get to know people, the less I like them. My wife tells me that I am the only person she knows who can make friends at a funeral. But people cannot be trusted entirely, can they? Do you stay friends with those you cannot trust?

So for all of you who think I gave the Church of Satan a black eye with the little tale of the grasshopper who places his own life above that of the ant dumb enough to be coaxed into death in the name of fun, I ask you to read pages 16 and 17 in The Devil's Notebook. While it is true that the grasshopper is not liable to spark a wildfire reaction, someone will get to wear a goodguy badge if they bring him to justice.

Actually, even though the grasshopper is a freeloading parasite, the ant is a foolish mark. The point is, your reactions speak of your feelings towards good and evil, right and wrong. If I were to read that story, I don't think I would judge the writer, except for it's lack of color, background and character development. It was written in under one minute at about four in the morning, and it's only purpose was to hold up a mirror. At least a few people did not like what they saw. Anton would probably laugh at you; I know I am.

When I have time, I may write you another tale. One that does not cause you to judge me by what you feel Satanism is, but one that truly reflects how I feel about Satanism. I know that a couple of you, at least, have labelled me and filed me neatly away in a drawer, but who cares? I am sure that my views of Satanism will differ from the views of others, but didn't Anton say that was OK? I found that the only change in me brought about by discovering Satanism is that fact that I am no longer ashamed of the animalistic, hateful, greedy, lustful, self-centered side of me. It balances the rest, and I am much happier now.

One thing I am sure of, if the ant were like JayLucif, the grasshopper would never stand a chance at getting past the front door. Bravo!

And FYI, I do not plan on shooting myself in the foot just because you did not like the fact that I labeled the grasshopper a Satanist.

#311934 - 03/04/08 12:57 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

What a nice filibuster but it's not working for you. \:\)

#312084 - 03/04/08 09:12 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Enigma777 Offline

That is one thing I learned while reading previous posts in this forum.
Some people here are just waiting for an unknowing victom to bash at.
If someone says something that is a little against the ideas of CoS, then ten people jump at him or her in order to fulfill the desire to shock a sheep.

However, your post did seem a bit too offending to these people and me. I think if you just clarified what you ment about survival a little earlier, you wouldn't have receive such hostility.
We would probably have understood. \:\)

One thing I learned from my experiences in life:
ALWAYS watch what you say! People WILL try to use it against you.(trust me, this is from experience i have gained from my past foolishness)
Follow your BRAIN not your HEART!

#312089 - 03/04/08 09:24 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance.

Why?

Your previous advice made sense, but this last piece doesn't.

Why give charity to other countries, when we can invest that money in ours? If I would want to give children a chance I would start with mine or my friend's, not complete strangers that can even some day grow to be our enemies.

Experience has shown the countries we help are some times the one who hate us more in the long run.

#312091 - 03/04/08 09:27 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Old_Pig]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I concur with Mr. Pig. We should help those who are need here in our home countries rather than others. It would benefit you more and you can sate your altruistic urges.

#312415 - 03/06/08 03:47 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Trouble_Maker Offline

You are absolutely right; I should be more considerate about what I post. I am fairly new to posting to internet forums. I really did not give much thought about how it would read to someone who does not share my particular brand of "humor" or "satire".

During the frustrating periods of being unable to log in, I had a chance to shut my trap and read some of the older posts. I really never gave much thought to how ambiguous statements can sound if you do not know the person, and their style of inflection and tone. The internet is more than a masquerade ball, it is almost without flavor, in a manner of speaking. Not only do you not see the true identity of the person, but you only get to see what they thrust forth from the dark.

While I did learn from my little faux pas, I sincerely hope that I did not shoot myself in the foot. This group, from what I have seen so far, has at least a few individual that I can learn from. I would hate to think that I have thrown that away in my haste to gauge "newbie hostility". Terrible habit I'm afraid. I tend to put a bad foot forward to find the mouse traps in social situations.

I also tend to be a bit verbose, as you might have guessed already.

I came to this forum, not to instruct in the ways of Satanism, but to learn. But I am always willing to give advice on the subjects I do know about. I try not to "talk out of my butt", but I do love to discuss controversial ideas, and in the real world I love a good debate on most any subject.

Now, with that said, I hope that all those I have offended can look past my first indescretion and value my posts on their individual merits. I look forward to getting to know those of you here who are worth knowing.

Hail Satan!
Long live his advocates!

Farting is not a sin or a crime; it is more like a prank. - Me

#313678 - 03/10/08 10:52 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Old_Pig]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
Give charity to other countries so that their children can have a chance.

Why?

Your previous advice made sense, but this last piece doesn't.

Why give charity to other countries, when we can invest that money in ours? If I would want to give children a chance I would start with mine or my friend's, not complete strangers that can even some day grow to be our enemies.

Experience has shown the countries we help are some times the one who hate us more in the long run.

Well you get tax deductions!
Sometimes you even get more money back!

#313876 - 03/11/08 07:36 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Organon Offline

world is ruled by Social Darwinism; Survival of the fittest!

But what does it mean to be 'fit' in the genuine 'Darwinian' sense of the term? To be successful in outcompeting others in the production of offspring. 'Social' Darwinism doesn't alter the fundamental biological dynamics at work, it merely extends them into the social plane of human existence.

I agree that Darwinism is no less at work in human social dynamics than in the rest of organic nature, but 'survival of the fittest' doesn't simplistically imply human longevity and the accumulation of wealth and privilege. There must be tangible evolutionary effects of such success.

"The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, and no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference."-Richard Dawkins, River Out of Eden: A Darwinian View of Life

#314526 - 03/13/08 10:08 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: FalloutGod]
Grottognosis Offline

Loc: Kentucky
YOU PEOPLE ARE THE REASON I HOLD MY HEAD UP HIGH WHEN I TELL THOSE WHO ASK. WHY YES I AM A SATANIST!!

HE WHO FORGETS THE PAST
IS DAMNED TO RELIVE IT.

#314528 - 03/13/08 10:19 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Grottognosis]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING!?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#314533 - 03/13/08 10:38 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Discipline]
Grottognosis Offline

Loc: Kentucky
sorry im not used to being in the company of so many intelegent people in one arena.

HE WHO FORGETS THE PAST
IS DAMNED TO RELIVE IT.

#314536 - 03/13/08 10:51 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Grottognosis]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

It's okay. Let's just keep the volume down a bit.

#315187 - 03/16/08 04:44 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Grottognosis]
Enigma777 Offline

Originally Posted By: Grottognosis
sorry im not used to being in the company of so many intelegent people in one arena.

Same with me man!

That is just the downside of Satanism, we are surrounded by sheep!
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

At least you can take advantage of others!

#315188 - 03/16/08 04:45 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Trouble_Maker]
Enigma777 Offline

You are absolutely right; I should be more considerate about what I post. I am fairly new to posting to internet forums. I really did not give much thought about how it would read to someone who does not share my particular brand of "humor" or "satire".

During the frustrating periods of being unable to log in, I had a chance to shut my trap and read some of the older posts. I really never gave much thought to how ambiguous statements can sound if you do not know the person, and their style of inflection and tone. The internet is more than a masquerade ball, it is almost without flavor, in a manner of speaking. Not only do you not see the true identity of the person, but you only get to see what they thrust forth from the dark.

While I did learn from my little faux pas, I sincerely hope that I did not shoot myself in the foot. This group, from what I have seen so far, has at least a few individual that I can learn from. I would hate to think that I have thrown that away in my haste to gauge "newbie hostility". Terrible habit I'm afraid. I tend to put a bad foot forward to find the mouse traps in social situations.

I also tend to be a bit verbose, as you might have guessed already.

I came to this forum, not to instruct in the ways of Satanism, but to learn. But I am always willing to give advice on the subjects I do know about. I try not to "talk out of my butt", but I do love to discuss controversial ideas, and in the real world I love a good debate on most any subject.

Now, with that said, I hope that all those I have offended can look past my first indescretion and value my posts on their individual merits. I look forward to getting to know those of you here who are worth knowing.

Hail Satan!
Long live his advocates!

We have much in common.

#315203 - 03/16/08 06:12 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
We have much in common.

There's more of you people out there than you can imagine.

#315208 - 03/16/08 06:45 PM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
You people come here to "learn," to "debate," to "inquire," to find out what's "in it for you" with regards to membership, and yet you do so in a puerile, demanding, and passive-aggressive manner. Then, when members of hierarchy don't provide the putative answers you seek, the tantrums and reproach begin. Whence comes this assumption that something is owed to you?

Why should anyone here bear the responsibility of evincing to you our motivations, friendships, secrets, or the inherent value in joining our ranks?
The Church of Satan does not serve as a kith for parasites.

A few words of advice:

Honest misunderstanding is a forgivable part of incipience, but repeated tolerance (especially when rejoined by provocation) quickly becomes tiresome.

[This reply is my own, and is not intended to represent the opinion of other individuals here, nor that of the Church of Satan.]

Edited by Mr. Obsidian (03/16/08 06:56 PM)
Edit Reason: clarification.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#315247 - 03/17/08 01:34 AM Re: A good (Satanic) fable about America. [Re: Enigma777]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim

That is just the downside of Satanism, we are surrounded by sheep!
I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!

Oh man all these sheep, what is one to do, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE???. Maybe have some Lamb chops for dinner that evening?
Hum smells like basic human slave mentality currently, which makes up a rather large portion of the masses. Only one who is a sheep is even concerned about other sheep, frankly plenty of sheep make for easy pickins. Geez what are you a door mat, always being walked on?

Frankly I am really indifferent towards most people in society, although I keep my eye open regarding the stupid and dangerous ones when warranted. As far as I can see Satanism has no downsides at all, Satanism only provides a clear path for one to do what is best for the individual who truly is a Satanists. Though the posts you have made recently reveals a rather clear view.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405804 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements