Topic Options
#31003 - 03/11/04 01:03 PM The Infernal Names - DRACULA
Dracul Offline

Loc: Romania
I posted this because I notticed tha name "Dracula" in the Infernal Names list of the Satanic Bible by LaVey and I want to make some things more precise for who is interested.

In the Satanic Bible is stated "Dracula - Romanian name for devil"
Actualy "Dracula" means "the son of the devil".
It is often called "Draculea" and it refers to the romanian 15 century king "Vlad Tepes" or "Vlad the Impaler".
King Vlad the Impaler's father name was also Vlad.
This Vlad (the father) was a knight of the "Order of the Dragon" (drake or devil) and was called "Vlad Dracul" wich means "Vlad the Devil".
So Vlad Dracula or Draculea means "Vlad son of the Devil".

In romanian, devil is called "Drac", The Devil is called "Dracul" (wich is also my userneme), and son of the devil is "Draculea" or "Dracula".

As for the stories of Dracula the Vampire from Transilvania ...their not real ...Vlad the Impaler "Dracula" actually rulled in Muntenia ...the only thing he has done in Transilvania was 10 years of prison under Matei Corvin the king of Transilvania.
Vlad Dracula was rescued from prison and he came to the throne of Muntenia by the help of his cousin Stefan the Great who was king of Moldavia (Moldova).
That's just a little bit of history.

In romanian "the devil" can also be "Dracul" or "diavol" from the greek "Diabolus" listed in the Satanic Bible.
The word "Satan" is not so present in the romanian language but it also comes form the greek "Satanas" - "the adversary" wich I belive that was first time used by the xtians to define everybody that oposed their god.

How do I know this you ask ...simple ...I'm romanian.

Hail Satan!
Hail Me!

#31004 - 03/11/04 01:50 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Grandmother was Romanian and my second name is Dracul.
Dracul means Dragon, Dracula Son of the Dragon.
But the name is synonymous with Devil.

So thats just spiffing.

#31005 - 03/11/04 02:14 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I thought Vlad Tepes was a ruling prince, not a king. A technicality, I know, but could you clarify it?

#31006 - 03/11/04 02:30 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA
Dracul Offline

Yes, that's true.
But the romanian word "dragon" is understand by most people as the mystical creature looking like a dinosaur with wings, while the word "dracul" is actually seen as the xtian biblical devil.

Now , how come your grandmother named you "Dracul"?
Do you speak romanian?

#31007 - 03/11/04 03:05 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Perndog]
Dracul Offline

Technicaly, Vlad Tepes was not a king. To have a king you need a kingdom, while the first romanian king was Carol I and he ruled in the 19th century.

Vlad Tepes was not called king ("rege" in romanian) but he was called "voievod".
He was the same as a king in Valahia (Walachia) or Muntenia but none of the romanian rulers could have the rank of king "rege" because of the foreign powers (the polish, the turks and the austro-hungarians) who wouldn't accept a king on the throne of any romanian country/province.
As I stated the first king "rege" not "voievod" camed in the 19th century.

Even "Mihai the Brave" who in 1600 managed to unite the three romanian provinces (Transilvania, Wallachia and Moldavia) didn't use the title of king as in "rege" but actually what pissed everybody off was that he used the title "principes daciae"(that's in latin and I'm not too good at latin) wich stated that he was the ruler of all the romanian provinces former known as Dacia until 106 AD.

Now back to Vlad Tepes, theoreticaly he was a rulling prince like all other romanian rulers wering titles like "voievod", "domnitor" or "domn".
Tepes was part of some kind of a royal family, having his father Vlad Dracul, his grandfather Mircea the Old (also ruller of Wallachia), and his cousin Stefan the Great (ruller of Moldavia).

More about Tepes:
He was raised in the Otoman Empire
He actually rulled the province twice, between them he made some 10 years of prison in Transilvania
He was assasinated in a forest called "Vlasia" near Bucharest were the 500 knights sent by his cousin Stefan the Great failed to protect him. He was ambushed in the forest by some 2000-3000 soldiers sent by the rival family of "Danesti".

#31008 - 03/11/04 04:33 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Here is a cool site that gives some historical information on Vlad III. Vlad Tepes - The Historical Dracula

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#31009 - 03/11/04 10:04 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow. That is interesting. I have used the name Dracula when I was doing the rituals from the Satanic Bible and wondered sometimes more about the meaning of the name and it's origin. I was just reading about the names in the Satanic Bible a while ago and enjoyed it a lot.

#31010 - 03/11/04 11:13 PM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA
CannibalSpirit Offline

Loc: Lima, Perú
So.. basically... what you are telling us is that you used one of the names without knowing much of it?

#31011 - 03/12/04 01:56 AM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
...titles like "voievod", "domnitor" or "domn".

I like those last two titles. Might have to take one of those up for myself .

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#31012 - 03/12/04 02:35 AM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: CannibalSpirit]
Perndog Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Sure, why not? Make up your own little myth about some unfamiliar name; in the ritual chamber, it can be just as real as any other story.

Of course, Dracula's origin is pretty commonly known..

#31013 - 03/12/04 03:47 AM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: AEnigma]
Dracul Offline

"domn" or "domnitor" refers to a god-like leader

in romanian the word used for god is "domnul" or "dumnezeu"

#31014 - 03/12/04 05:24 AM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
AEnigma Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Belgium
Perfect ! Now I know why they felt so fitting for me .
Thanks.

COS Folding @Home Team
Des Duivels (on Satanism in Dutch)
Des Duivels Forum (Satanic forum in Dutch)
Temple of the Vampire

Kindly leave your morals at the wardrobe.

#31015 - 03/12/04 11:50 AM Re: The Infernal Names - DRACULA [Re: Dracul]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
12 March XXXIX A.S.
Quote:

Vlad Tepes was not called king ("rege" in romanian) but he was called "voievod".

But to be confused with these guys, I'm sure.

But, seriously...

Nice history lesson, though many of us have run into this info before. In fact, Vlad The Just -- in case you didn't know -- is now a Satanic Saint! Son of the Devil, indeed.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406027 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements