Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#310440 - 02/28/08 05:45 PM And for you, Sir?
Lust Offline

I enjoy a fresh salad just before a hearty meal. My favorite type of dressing...Oil, and Vinegar. If available, I like honey added to the oil, for sweeteness and aroma. If I am at a restaurant, I often take notice of the salad dressing that others order, and then observe from there.

Care to share your favorite salad dressing?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#310444 - 02/28/08 05:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Somtimes oil and vinegar.
Sometimes simply olive oil.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#310445 - 02/28/08 06:08 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Hum when it comes to salads I go all out or nothing, really I do. I enjoy a lettuce salad with fresh cut cucs, green bell peppers, white onion, sliced green olives, some shredded cheddar cheese or even shredded mozzarella, to spice the salad up I will even add some sliced cherry peppers, and also sliced serrano peppers which is on the mild side of heat. I top the salad off with fresh made ranch dressing, real bacon bits, and maybe some lightly salted sun flower seeds. Now I am hungry for a hearty salad. Yum!

So my favorite salad dressings are freshly made Ranch, or a nice creamy Italian style dressing.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310449 - 02/28/08 06:12 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

Similar tastes I see. I can make due with just the olive oil, but it would need to be sweet.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#310453 - 02/28/08 06:15 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I sometimes mix herbs with it.
I find I am moving away from prefabricated foods.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#310455 - 02/28/08 06:16 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: JayLucif]
Lust Offline

Now that is a good snack.

#310457 - 02/28/08 06:18 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Yogourt (sauer) and cucumber (very little salt).

Mayo with garlic and coriander for noodle salads.

I have to try mixing honey with oil.
Olive oil or plain vegetable oil?

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#310461 - 02/28/08 06:22 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: leonor]
Lust Offline

Olive oil, always.

#310462 - 02/28/08 06:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

"I sometimes mix herbs with it."

Something tells me that someone is smiling back at Roho's hen-house.

#310463 - 02/28/08 06:33 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
shadowraven213 Offline

Thousand Island and blue cheese, just to confuse you! ;\)

#310465 - 02/28/08 06:37 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: shadowraven213]
Lust Offline

Not at all. I trust you have had a good laugh.

#310468 - 02/28/08 06:46 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: shadowraven213]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
Mince 1 clove garlic with 1/4 tsp.red chile flake, and 1 T chopped marjoram & basil.

Soak the above for approx. 5-10 minutes in 1/4 cup of nice, or aged balsamic vinegar(not more than 10 years, otherwise you are really wasting the vinegar,) with a squirt of fresh orange juice.

Add 1 T dijon mustard and whisk (or use a fork) vigorously. Don't worry if the dressing is not fully emulsified, just give it a stir prior to adding it to the salad.

Slowly add 3/4 cup of good cold pressed olive oil whilst contiuing to whisk. If you are unsure of the oil ask your grocer for something fruitier, rather than grassy. Your greens will be bitter enough, and the oil and vinegar really do like to "play."

Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.

This will hold for 3-4 days before the garlic and chiles become overpowering.

Edited by Exsanguinate!!! (02/28/08 06:47 PM)
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#310469 - 02/28/08 06:49 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: C.F. Kane]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I like oil and vinegar, Caesar, Thousand Island, or Ranch (preferably jalapeo ranch).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310471 - 02/28/08 06:59 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Call me unsophisticated, but I have always loved Thousand Island.

And also Olive oil with honey, which I find especially good on a hot summer day.

#310476 - 02/28/08 07:20 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: $lesk]
Lust Offline

unsophisticated, "Your such a dirty, dirty Rock-Star!"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405538 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements