Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#310440 - 02/28/08 05:45 PM And for you, Sir?
Lust Offline

I enjoy a fresh salad just before a hearty meal. My favorite type of dressing...Oil, and Vinegar. If available, I like honey added to the oil, for sweeteness and aroma. If I am at a restaurant, I often take notice of the salad dressing that others order, and then observe from there.

Care to share your favorite salad dressing?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#310444 - 02/28/08 05:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Somtimes oil and vinegar.
Sometimes simply olive oil.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#310445 - 02/28/08 06:08 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Hum when it comes to salads I go all out or nothing, really I do. I enjoy a lettuce salad with fresh cut cucs, green bell peppers, white onion, sliced green olives, some shredded cheddar cheese or even shredded mozzarella, to spice the salad up I will even add some sliced cherry peppers, and also sliced serrano peppers which is on the mild side of heat. I top the salad off with fresh made ranch dressing, real bacon bits, and maybe some lightly salted sun flower seeds. Now I am hungry for a hearty salad. Yum!

So my favorite salad dressings are freshly made Ranch, or a nice creamy Italian style dressing.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310449 - 02/28/08 06:12 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

Similar tastes I see. I can make due with just the olive oil, but it would need to be sweet.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#310453 - 02/28/08 06:15 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

I sometimes mix herbs with it.
I find I am moving away from prefabricated foods.

#310455 - 02/28/08 06:16 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: JayLucif]
Lust Offline

Now that is a good snack.

#310457 - 02/28/08 06:18 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Yogourt (sauer) and cucumber (very little salt).

Mayo with garlic and coriander for noodle salads.

I have to try mixing honey with oil.
Olive oil or plain vegetable oil?

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#310461 - 02/28/08 06:22 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: leonor]
Lust Offline

Olive oil, always.

#310462 - 02/28/08 06:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Lust Offline

"I sometimes mix herbs with it."

Something tells me that someone is smiling back at Roho's hen-house.

#310463 - 02/28/08 06:33 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
shadowraven213 Offline

Thousand Island and blue cheese, just to confuse you! ;\)

#310465 - 02/28/08 06:37 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: shadowraven213]
Lust Offline

Not at all. I trust you have had a good laugh.

#310468 - 02/28/08 06:46 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: shadowraven213]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
Mince 1 clove garlic with 1/4 tsp.red chile flake, and 1 T chopped marjoram & basil.

Soak the above for approx. 5-10 minutes in 1/4 cup of nice, or aged balsamic vinegar(not more than 10 years, otherwise you are really wasting the vinegar,) with a squirt of fresh orange juice.

Add 1 T dijon mustard and whisk (or use a fork) vigorously. Don't worry if the dressing is not fully emulsified, just give it a stir prior to adding it to the salad.

Slowly add 3/4 cup of good cold pressed olive oil whilst contiuing to whisk. If you are unsure of the oil ask your grocer for something fruitier, rather than grassy. Your greens will be bitter enough, and the oil and vinegar really do like to "play."

Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.

This will hold for 3-4 days before the garlic and chiles become overpowering.

Edited by Exsanguinate!!! (02/28/08 06:47 PM)
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#310469 - 02/28/08 06:49 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: C.F. Kane]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I like oil and vinegar, Caesar, Thousand Island, or Ranch (preferably jalapeo ranch).

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310471 - 02/28/08 06:59 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Call me unsophisticated, but I have always loved Thousand Island.

And also Olive oil with honey, which I find especially good on a hot summer day.

#310476 - 02/28/08 07:20 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: $lesk]
Lust Offline

unsophisticated, "Your such a dirty, dirty Rock-Star!"

#310479 - 02/28/08 07:23 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: ]
Lust Offline

"I also love to throw tuna in with a salad for a bit of meatiness."

I take it you are popular with the ladies in your area?

#310481 - 02/28/08 07:34 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
"I also love to throw tuna in with a salad for a bit of meatiness."

I take it you are popular with the ladies in your area?

Or the cats. ;\)

#310501 - 02/28/08 09:00 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
My favorite restaurant has the best dressing ever - it's part creamy Ceaser, part vinaigrette, and a good amount of fresh dill.

Nice and simple, right?

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310505 - 02/28/08 09:11 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: AurEum]
smash Offline

Extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, dried parsley, with a hint of black pepper, and sea salt for good flavour.

#310508 - 02/28/08 09:20 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I mostly get something vegetarian that is widely available like Italian or balsamic vinaigrette, also I only eat salads with a good mixture of greens like a spring mix.

But if I have no other choice I'll eat an iceburg lettuce salad.

#310518 - 02/28/08 09:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: ]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Zakolyev
Both are of equal importance to me.

Hmm...good answer. ;\)

#310607 - 02/29/08 04:02 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
This could be a classic.
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#310612 - 02/29/08 05:17 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
I've always prefered Ranch Dressing.

Read about Dr. LaVey's Salad Dressing Test.

You'll know why...
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#310622 - 02/29/08 06:38 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Malakuma Offline

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Gee...I don't like any. If there's dressing on the salad, I won't eat it. I guess if I had to choose, it would be ranch. Anything but oil and vinegar.

#310623 - 02/29/08 07:08 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Jalapeo ranch? Sounds amazing.

That just went on my "to get" list.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
~ Charles Bukowski

#310624 - 02/29/08 07:11 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Lust Offline

"Read about Dr. LaVey's Salad Dressing Test."

Ducky, you old spoilsport! Well, if it gets em to read more and post less; then all may be well.

#310658 - 02/29/08 09:47 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Muse Offline

CoS Member

Loc: In Your Dreams
I like EVOO with balsamic vinegar, dash of salt and some fresh ground black pepper on my salads with the really good veggies. Raspberry vinagrette is a favorite too.

HS and kisses to you all!

(Currently on hiatus while I attend to grad school, but I have every intention of bringing the show back when the time is right!)

The holy trinity: Me, Myself, and I.

"Does anyone ever realize life while they are living it? Every, every minute?"
- Emily, Our Town, by Thornton Wilder

"Life's like a ballgame. You gotta take a swing at whatever comes along before you wake up and find it's the ninth inning." ~Vera (Ann Savage) in Detour

#310661 - 02/29/08 10:07 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

It can be hard to find sometimes, but I remember Litehouse makes it, and you can usually find Litehouse in the packaged vegetable aisle, in a cylindrical container.

;\) Salad dressing test says I'm bisexual, right? (Poking fun, mind you.)

#310667 - 02/29/08 10:24 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I like to put chili on my salad.

#310694 - 02/29/08 12:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Malakuma]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Malakuma
Gee...I don't like any. If there's dressing on the salad, I won't eat it. I guess if I had to choose, it would be ranch. Anything but oil and vinegar.

You like what is called a "Joy Salad"...lettuce cut up without dressing.

#310696 - 02/29/08 12:34 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct

Yeah, RIGHT! I read the book. I'm too good of a warlock to fall for that one.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310709 - 02/29/08 01:12 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Bill_M]
Lust Offline

I would never had thought otherwise!

#310730 - 02/29/08 02:34 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:

A hamburger.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#310731 - 02/29/08 02:37 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

"Joy salad," huh? Never heard that term before, but as I eat most of my salads later in the evening while watching TV or DVDs (a habit I started years ago to try to ween myself off of chips and candy TV snacks), I suppose it fits.

Mine is usually half spinach, and the lettuce is usually romaine or other variants, not too much iceberg. In summer months I can also get some good fresh mustard greens and other goodies from the local farmers' markets.

I usually put radishes, carrots, cucumbers, celery and tomatoes in as well. I find a dressing drowns out the flavor of the veggies and greens already in the salad. Kind of like nuts in ice cream... ;\)

#310738 - 02/29/08 02:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Silly trap or no, I don't care.

I usually have just lettuce with cucumber salad, along with my own special recipe ranch. I can't stand pre-bottled stuff, makes me ill. If I don't make it, I just eat my lettuce and cucumber salad.

I also enjoy well-done crotons. They're an art form all their own. I make those myself, too.

I like my salads savory!!

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#310739 - 02/29/08 02:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Maqlu]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Um...read the ingrediants of the Joy Salad again...carefully.

Hint: It's best when two or more are involved. ;\)

#310757 - 02/29/08 04:21 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Xaira]
Lust Offline

"Silly trap or no, I don't care."

No trap, just having some fun here at the Devils Playground.

Edited by Tier Instinct (02/29/08 04:23 PM)

#310771 - 02/29/08 05:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Minus]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:

A hamburger.

Ha Ha Ha!

#310807 - 02/29/08 07:23 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

More like a "try-sexual" dressing orgy you have going there, Troj!

Actually, I like a lot of different salad dressings too, and often the choice depends on the main dish.

My favorite though, hands-down, will always be ranch.
It also goes well on so many other foods.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
~ Charles Bukowski

#310809 - 02/29/08 07:26 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Try-sexual. I like it!

It depends on the main dish, my mood, and what else is on the salad.

I love a good salad with Caesar dressing, feta cheese, hot peppers of some sort, miscellaneous other vegetables, maybe another kind of cheese, and either lettuce or, even better, spinach.

And, Village Inn makes a delicious bleu cheese that actually doesn't taste like feet. I eat it with french fries.

#310814 - 02/29/08 07:38 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Fair enough - I though your definition hinged more on the lack of dressing.

#310821 - 02/29/08 07:59 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Bleu cheese is truly a vile creation. I've tried many times, but I just can't "learn" to like it.
Gorgonzola is a little better. Feta can be quite tasty.

Giant Eagle carries a cracked red pepper feta spread in the deli department. When combined with sun-dried tomato and basil Wheat Thins, a multitude of flavor so magnificent is created, that your taste buds will rejoice like hysterical college students at an Obama rally. Over-indulgence inevitably follows, and all resources will be redirected towards the pursuit of savory feta. Soon enough you will find yourself roaming the deli aisle, a sickly drool bubbling from incoherent lips; penniless, but craving this newfound nectar of the gods, and declaring a resounding, but unconvincing "yes I can" in the face of apathetic destitution. The addiction is something akin to that of a crack or heroin addict: chasing the feta dragon.

I do NOT recommend this combination to ANYONE!

(But seriously, try it. All the older kids will think you're cool.)

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

~ Charles Bukowski

#310826 - 02/29/08 08:26 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Minus]
foreverlearning Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:

A hamburger.

seconded.

#310846 - 02/29/08 10:06 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I've only had one gorgonzola I genuinely liked. The rest of the time, it's one little piece, and I am done.

The cracked red pepper feta sounds amazing, and I didn't know there were basil and sundried tomato Wheat Thins.

#310899 - 03/01/08 04:07 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Spoilsport....well, maybe.

I'm just fond as hell of The Satanic Witch. ;\)

I think it Magistra Nadramia that said if men don't read it, the parade is passing them by.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#310902 - 03/01/08 04:56 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
DraconisLuciferi Offline

CoS Member

Loc: South Carolina
Honey Mustard

#310919 - 03/01/08 08:34 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Speaking of Dressing, I stumbled onto another fantastic dressing that is just yummy. If one loves the taste of onions and creamy type dressings, try this one on for size. Ott's Original Vidalia Onion Dressing. The dressing has a creamy Italian style, a bit on the sweet and tangy side for those who like French and other sweet dressings, almost seems to be a kind of Italian Onion style dressing.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310929 - 03/01/08 09:06 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Maqlu]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

"Lettuce, cut up, without dressing"
"Let us cut up, without dressing"
Joy Salad.

#311016 - 03/01/08 01:45 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Oh - now I get it!

Well, I'm all in favour of that kind of joy salad too!

#327591 - 05/13/08 01:35 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I highly enjoy a good homemade 'Greek Dressing', I also make one hell of a homemade Balsamic vinaigrette that I learned to make while in Germany.

Another favorite of mine is homemade Caesar salad dressing.

So, as you can see My favorites consist of mostly oil and vinegar (aside from the Caesar dressing) all though it does consist mainly of oil.

I tend to stay away from any dressing that has color (white/red/etc.) as I feel they have a higher calorie content and are full of crap you don't need.

Homemade is the best in My opinion. smile

Speaking of such, I have some Greek dressing and a whole 2 lbs of Feta cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and imported Greek olives in the icebox. I think I'll go make Myself a Greek salad for lunch. (No I don't plan on using the whole 2 lbs of Feta in My salad). eek

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#327609 - 05/13/08 02:54 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Lust Offline

"(No I don't plan on using the whole 2 lbs of Feta in My salad)."

Everything sounds scrumptious, except the feta. Just me, I am not a cheese man. I almost never eat spaghetti in public because I hate the smell of the parmigan cheese. Thanks for the laugh.

#328680 - 05/18/08 09:47 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Daniel89 Offline

Loc: NY
Oil and vinegar. Anything else is just silly.

Edited by Daniel89 (05/18/08 09:48 PM)

#328681 - 05/18/08 09:54 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Buy me dinner sometime and you'll find out.

coopdevil

#328683 - 05/18/08 10:01 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: RandomStranger]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
Originally Posted By: RandomStranger

coopdevil

I bought you dinner once and their were no vegetables to be seen. Just a hot dog with nacho cheese, bacon, and chili. I call BS!!!!! coopdevil
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is. --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: ARBEIT MACHT FREI SHITHEADS PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#328685 - 05/18/08 10:25 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Evil_Eve]
arewehavingfun Offline

Loc: CA
For myself, if I have a choice I certainly would choose a nice spring mix or baby spinach salad base with perhaps a few finely slivered carrots, good quality tomatoes, kalamata olives, button mushrooms, and small pieces of broccoli. I tend to go with oil and vinegar, lemon juice and olive oil (no feta in my salad though), or a balsamic or soemthing similar. If there is no other choice I may select French or Catalina (although I use these more as marinades rather than dressings).

For some reason I prefer to pair a nice salad with a dryer red wine rather than white (although that can change depending on what's available). I tend to drink more dessert wines anyways rather than pairing with a meal. I like meat so I often pair my meal with a fine beer or ale.

#328704 - 05/19/08 02:19 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: D. Macabre]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
That's the kind of salad dressing I like wink

#328711 - 05/19/08 05:07 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Quote:

I enjoy a fresh salad just before a hearty meal. My favorite type of dressing...Oil, and Vinegar. If available, I like honey added to the oil, for sweeteness and aroma. If I am at a restaurant, I often take notice of the salad dressing that others order, and then observe from there.

HA! Good one!

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#328715 - 05/19/08 06:15 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: RandomStranger]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: RandomStranger

coopdevil

You got it!

#328780 - 05/19/08 01:11 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Everyone better be sitting for this one.

Ranch dressing is my favorite. But, I prefer to dip my Porterhouse Steak in the ranch dressing. Who needs lettuce?? devilchili

Janet Marie<----------ducking from all the tomatoes that are flying my way! devilchili

#328811 - 05/19/08 03:46 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: MissMina1556]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
>>Ranch dressing is my favorite. But, I prefer to dip my Porterhouse Steak in the ranch dressing. Who needs lettuce??<<

You sound like a pure carnivore, Dear Lady.

My salad dressing depends mostly on my mood: from Bleu cheese, to creamy italian to oil and vinegar. NEVER any that is pink. If it has tomatoe byproducts, it does not go on my salad. I do eat tomatoes but not squashed ones. (there's a gross story behind this preference.)

#328812 - 05/19/08 03:50 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: DCLXVI]
D. Macabre Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The South Bay, CA
I like ranch dressing on my salad, however it does NOT belong on such a cut of meat as a Porterhouse. That should be a crime. coopdevil
The Social Cesspool!
The Grumpy Sergeant

"A man who limits his interests, limits his life." --Vincent Price

Do what you want as long as it's paying off for you. But once it's become a liability, then something is wrong and you better find out what it is. --Anton Szandor LaVey

"I have only ONE thing to say to trendy brain-dead music-centered youth: ARBEIT MACHT FREI SHITHEADS PULL UP YOUR STUPID PANTS AND FORM A LINE AT THE PLATFORMS, THE TRAINS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON." --Magister James D. Sass

#328825 - 05/19/08 05:12 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: D. Macabre]
MissMina1556 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
I told you I'd get alot of flack for this one!! devilchili Oh, I am definitely a carnivore, with a little ranch dressing on the side.

#328868 - 05/19/08 09:11 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: shadowraven213]
Hawkface Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Albuquerque, NM
My favorite salad dressing is....nothing. I like my veggies bare, crisp and clean so I can enjoy their succulence, taste and texture without distraction. Not to mention the added fats and oils ruin a perfectly healthy meal.

#328871 - 05/19/08 09:24 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
TheAbysmal Offline

Favorite? Hard to say which I like best. These are what I tend to use most:

Oil and Vinegar (I have not it tried with honey, though.)
Sun Dried Tomato
Balsamic Vinegrette
Caesar

McDonald's had a "peppercorn" dressing years ago when they offered the Chef, Shrimp, and Oriental salads. It was okay. Similar to Ranch, but lighter and with a peppery zing to it. I have yet to find anything quite like it. Bah bahbah bah bahhhh, I loved it.

Refuse to die.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12095 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405458 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements