Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310504 - 02/28/08 09:07 PM Perfumes & Colognes
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
Tier Instinct's post on salad dressings prompted me to be bold enough to post this. I've been thinking a lot about perfumes and colognes. There are very few that I truly like on myself, and even fewer that I find nearly irresistible on members of the opposite sex. I'm thinking the ones that I like share ingredients because I truly can't pick a favorite. My favorites are posted below, hopefully a few of you will play along and post yours.

For me:
Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
Glamorous by Ralph Lauren

For men:
Armani Code
Abercrombie & Fitch (original scent)
Usher

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310507 - 02/28/08 09:14 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Philotechnic Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NC, US
I prefer earth-smelling scents and some sweet floral type colognes personally.

I have tried brand name colognes but I just can't bring myself to liking them too much.

#310509 - 02/28/08 09:21 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
I enjoy the colognes of Abercrombie and Finch as well. The current scents I enjoy are Fierce and Proof. I also enjoy Hollister's Jake and also the HC022 scents. Designer colognes, the scents that do not over power normal clean human phermones can add something to an overall Human scent. Also using everyday designer colognes for Lesser Magic also does wonders as well, might as well admit it "when in Rome do as Rome does". I hate to even say it, but I have always liked the scent of Drakkar Noir as well.

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#310536 - 02/28/08 09:57 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: JayLucif]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif
I hate to even say it, but I have always liked the scent of Drakkar Noir as well.

Ha! I have been transported to the peppery smelling days of middle school. Thanks for that. I once had a whole bottle of Drakkar spill in my backpack. It smelled that way through high school.

These days I prefer a simple lemon verbena after shave, if anything.
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#310541 - 02/28/08 10:11 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: JayLucif]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I was at the mall today and noticed Hollister's cologne (whichever one they spray within 30 feet of their doors so you can't help but smell it). It caught my attention for a minute, it was interesting. But didn't have anywhere near the effect on me that the Abercrombie does.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310548 - 02/28/08 10:18 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Men should smell like whiskey, and motor oil. I have not found this scent bottled before, but the closest I have found is good ol' Stetson. It only costs like eight bucks, and I have gotten an insane amount of compliments from women who are usually at least 40 and up. My favorite kind of women to deal with.

#310562 - 02/28/08 10:57 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: TheDegenerate]
phoenixrisen Offline

Loc: Manchester, England
Baby Rose Jeans by Versace
Juicy Couture
Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana
Elle by Armani
Addict by Christian Dior

...nothing to do with an aim to attract anyone but purely because I love the way they smell.

I've heard that perfumes can irritate the throat, however, so if I'm singing that day - especially with other people - I don't wear any.

It's not a perfume or cologne, but the Body Shop lotion that I use has a lovely but subtle scent that lingers longer than perfume.

She's not little, no minion like me--
That's why she ensnared him.

- The Laboratory by Robert Browning

#310572 - 02/28/08 11:10 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I don't really care for perfume or cologne, on either women or myself.

But, were I to wear a scent, it would be Hoppes No. 9 gun solvent.

#310574 - 02/28/08 11:12 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: LeviathanXIII

That's the best answer so far.

#310576 - 02/28/08 11:13 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: phoenixrisen]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
In order, should anyone need gift ideas ;\)

L'eu d'Issey by Issey Miyake
Tresor by Lancome
Escape by Calvin Klein
Baby Doll by Yves St. Laurent
Lauren by Ralph Lauren
Mango anything by the Body Shop
and I never throw good ole' Chanel #5 out of bed, either!

I love all the Calvin Klein scents for men.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#310577 - 02/28/08 11:16 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
 Quote:

\:D
"If it smells like trout, eat it out. If smells like cologne leave it alone." ;\)
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#310581 - 02/28/08 11:30 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Ygraine]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

I will make sure to PM you some of these perfumes on your Birthday, Magistra.

This forum has that function, right?

#310602 - 02/29/08 02:37 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: TheDegenerate]
Rainy Offline

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay Area
I like Bath & Body Works line of Warm Vanilla Sugar products for myself. I have been told it smells like fresh baked cookies. I also wear rose oil on special occasions.

I like good ole cheap Aspen cologne for my man. But Speed Stick is good too.

#310610 - 02/29/08 04:46 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
How I happened to find my favourite perfumes.

1. Guerlain Mitsouko for the night;
2. ‘O’ by Lancome for the day.

The only good thing my mother ever did for me was teach me to appreciate Shakespeare. Two or three times a year, we went to Stratford-upon-Avon, the Royal Shakespeare Theatre.

On my first visit (I think I was 11), in the Ladies’ Powder Room before the performance, I saw a slot-machine – spray of very expensive perfume for a few pennies. Mother disapproved; “they might smell awful”. Caleche, Arpege – I hadn’t a clue, but I decided to try Mitsouko because it sounded interesting. That beautiful glamorous scent that I associated with the most exciting evenings of my year.

I met ‘O’ a few years later. In a department store, I was heading for the deli, and had to pass the perfumery section. In the air was a lovely fresh citrus scent. It was called ‘O’. Because I am into BDSM, that made it perfect for me.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#310615 - 02/29/08 05:35 AM Re: Axe [Re: ]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

'Voodoo' and 'Temptation' smells great (Axe), I like them.

About cologne, Armani 'Mania' is the one I use lately, but never put too much. I like when a cologne is barely perceptible in general, and will mix in subtlety with the natural body scent.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12095 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405461 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements