Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#310619 - 02/29/08 06:14 AM Re: Axe [Re: Assabrah]
Shinobi_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Excuse the obvious irony but I particularly like Angel for Men (AMe n), has elements of incense, chocolate and vanilla, it's quite powerful so I generally only wear it at night.

#310627 - 02/29/08 07:25 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Lust Offline

I have gotten to where I can not stand the smell of perfumes and colognes. I used to wear a small amount of Polo, just before going out to meet with clients. Now it is all me, and has been for some time. Deodorant is out, and so are certain soaps too.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#310629 - 02/29/08 07:46 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Lust]
Nicolette Offline

Loc: Deutschland
There's a vanilla/sandalwood note in both the men's and women's version of Burberry Brit Red that makes me weak in the knees. I think you need to be a person with a naturally warm earthy scent for it to work. I am attracted to myself when I wear it.

#310634 - 02/29/08 08:14 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Most perfumes burn my nose and give me a headache so I have to avoid them. I wear vanilla oil and have had no complaints. After slow-smoking turkeys I've positively reeked of hickory smoke - in my hair, my skin, my clothes. I love the smell and it always seems to make me popular with both sexes. Liquid smoke can have the same, albeit slightly less dramatic, effect. And for some reason, when I lived on a horse farm, smelling like saddle soap seemed to make men more attentive.

For men, I'm a sucker for Old Spice and Bay rum (as long as they haven't bathed in it). If they've just taken off a dress shirt that smells like them mixed with one of these it will take me exactly 0.2 seconds to wrap myself in it. I can be an incorrigible thief when it comes to mens clothing. I also get a little goofy if they smell like they've just mown the lawn.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#310636 - 02/29/08 08:15 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: TheDegenerate]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
 Quote:
I will make sure to PM you some of these perfumes on your Birthday, Magistra.

This forum has that function, right?

That would be nifty!

Wait! Truth be told I'd be mortified. I'm not a great gift recipient. After 27 years of parenting if it doesn't smell like Elmer's Glue and have macaroni attached to it, I feel like anything else is too expensive, or too much. I stammer. I become cloyingly grateful----it just isn't pretty.

That said, cheerful thoughts are always appreciated.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#310643 - 02/29/08 08:54 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I don't like most perfumes or colognes as too much exposure to strong scents induces massive migraines and/or nausea. Not pleasant.

However, I love the idea of intoxicating scents. There's many natural smells that make me light-headed: lilac trees outside my window, ground coffee, the fresh sweat of man who knows how to touch me.

#310644 - 02/29/08 08:59 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Zaftig]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I forgot to mention, this book first made scents oh so sexy for me.

#310651 - 02/29/08 09:18 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: MagdaGraham]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
That's a lovely story about how you came across Mitsouko. It must be great to have a scent that you enjoy and carries emotional signicance. Thanks for sharing that.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310652 - 02/29/08 09:23 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Shade]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

I love the smell of saddle soap as well, and worn leather. I've been riding since I was 5.

Quote:
I also get a little goofy if they smell like they've just mown the lawn.

... or had a little bit of a spill while pumping gas ;\) The worst (or best, depending on the situation) is when they're straight out of the gym, no shower.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310656 - 02/29/08 09:39 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Ygraine]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Ah, that's unfortunate because last time I checked, Sears was all out of "Elmers glue and Macaroni No.5"

#310657 - 02/29/08 09:39 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Hence my only half-joking comment that gun solvent is the ideal scent. Somewhat less harsh than gasoline or diesel and a lot more pleasant, but with that same petrochemical, blue collar, hairy arms overtone.

#310660 - 02/29/08 09:52 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Yes, I see your point. I enjoy that scent as well. Sadly, few men outside of law enforcement and military go to the range around here (I guess that's what happens when you live in an ultra liberal state). If they knew the fringe benefits, like you gentleman do, they might change their tune.

#310664 - 02/29/08 10:15 AM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
My secret weapon: Vetiver. Barely a pinhead dab of the essential oil does the trick. One of the bottles of oil that I have is over 13 years old and smells better all the time.

#310695 - 02/29/08 12:33 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: JayLucif]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: JayLucif
I hate to even say it, but I have always liked the scent of Drakkar Noir as well.

I imagine that Drakkar Noir can really get to some people who had a stong ECI in the 80s or early 90s. Or at least that's when it was all the rage for me. Similarly I've noticed that some women love Old Spice, and others are repelled by it, saying they don't want somebody who "smells like their father".

An ex of mine bought me Davidoff Cool Water, which I'll use maybe once a week. I shave with an electric and I use a Dead Sea Premier moisturizer as an aftershave lotion, which has a unisex scent to it. Before that I'd just use a cheap drug store brand of aftershave lotion, which surprisingly a lot of women actually liked. I use an unscented deoderant, because my skin can't take anything else.

Most of the scents I've had over the years seemed to come from girlfriends who worked at perfume counters or otherwise had something they wanted to smell on me. This has included Nicole Miller, patchouli oil, home-brewed scents and a host of others. I used to occasionally take a bath with a few drops of a scented oil like sandalwood or vanilla, so that it's all over the skin. This used to drive some of my partners wild.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310708 - 02/29/08 01:10 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
I love Sensi from Georgio Armani. It doesn't "scream". It's sweet and discrete, yet it goes on and on.
And you can "smell between the lines".

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12163 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405749 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements