Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#310696 - 02/29/08 12:34 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
Care to share your favorite salad dressing?

Yeah, RIGHT! I read the book. I'm too good of a warlock to fall for that one.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#310709 - 02/29/08 01:12 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Bill_M]
Lust Offline

I would never had thought otherwise!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#310730 - 02/29/08 02:34 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:

A hamburger.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#310731 - 02/29/08 02:37 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

"Joy salad," huh? Never heard that term before, but as I eat most of my salads later in the evening while watching TV or DVDs (a habit I started years ago to try to ween myself off of chips and candy TV snacks), I suppose it fits.

Mine is usually half spinach, and the lettuce is usually romaine or other variants, not too much iceberg. In summer months I can also get some good fresh mustard greens and other goodies from the local farmers' markets.

I usually put radishes, carrots, cucumbers, celery and tomatoes in as well. I find a dressing drowns out the flavor of the veggies and greens already in the salad. Kind of like nuts in ice cream... ;\)

#310738 - 02/29/08 02:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Silly trap or no, I don't care.

I usually have just lettuce with cucumber salad, along with my own special recipe ranch. I can't stand pre-bottled stuff, makes me ill. If I don't make it, I just eat my lettuce and cucumber salad.

I also enjoy well-done croûtons. They're an art form all their own. I make those myself, too.

I like my salads savory!!

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#310739 - 02/29/08 02:58 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Maqlu]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Um...read the ingrediants of the Joy Salad again...carefully.

Hint: It's best when two or more are involved. ;\)

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#310757 - 02/29/08 04:21 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Xaira]
Lust Offline

"Silly trap or no, I don't care."

No trap, just having some fun here at the Devils Playground.

Edited by Tier Instinct (02/29/08 04:23 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#310771 - 02/29/08 05:32 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Minus]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:

A hamburger.

Ha Ha Ha!

#310807 - 02/29/08 07:23 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
More like a "try-sexual" dressing orgy you have going there, Troj!

Actually, I like a lot of different salad dressings too, and often the choice depends on the main dish.

My favorite though, hands-down, will always be ranch.
It also goes well on so many other foods.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#310809 - 02/29/08 07:26 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Try-sexual. I like it!

It depends on the main dish, my mood, and what else is on the salad.

I love a good salad with Caesar dressing, feta cheese, hot peppers of some sort, miscellaneous other vegetables, maybe another kind of cheese, and either lettuce or, even better, spinach.

And, Village Inn makes a delicious bleu cheese that actually doesn't taste like feet. I eat it with french fries.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310814 - 02/29/08 07:38 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Fair enough - I though your definition hinged more on the lack of dressing.

#310821 - 02/29/08 07:59 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Bleu cheese is truly a vile creation. I've tried many times, but I just can't "learn" to like it.
Gorgonzola is a little better. Feta can be quite tasty.

Giant Eagle carries a cracked red pepper feta spread in the deli department. When combined with sun-dried tomato and basil Wheat Thins, a multitude of flavor so magnificent is created, that your taste buds will rejoice like hysterical college students at an Obama rally. Over-indulgence inevitably follows, and all resources will be redirected towards the pursuit of savory feta. Soon enough you will find yourself roaming the deli aisle, a sickly drool bubbling from incoherent lips; penniless, but craving this newfound nectar of the gods, and declaring a resounding, but unconvincing "yes I can" in the face of apathetic destitution. The addiction is something akin to that of a crack or heroin addict: chasing the feta dragon.

I do NOT recommend this combination to ANYONE!

(But seriously, try it. All the older kids will think you're cool.)

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#310826 - 02/29/08 08:26 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Minus]
foreverlearning Offline

Originally Posted By: Minus
 Quote:

A hamburger.

seconded.

#310846 - 02/29/08 10:06 PM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I've only had one gorgonzola I genuinely liked. The rest of the time, it's one little piece, and I am done.

The cracked red pepper feta sounds amazing, and I didn't know there were basil and sundried tomato Wheat Thins.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310899 - 03/01/08 04:07 AM Re: And for you, Sir? [Re: Lust]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Spoilsport....well, maybe.

I'm just fond as hell of The Satanic Witch. ;\)

I think it Magistra Nadramia that said if men don't read it, the parade is passing them by.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406141 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements