Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#310717 - 02/29/08 01:58 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Most perfumes and colognes bother me. I do enjoy the smell of vanilla and fruits that I have known some to wear.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#310740 - 02/29/08 03:03 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Raine Offline

Loc: North Carolina
My favorites to wear are:
Calvin Klein "Be", Dior Addict, or CK One and a little spray of Drakkar [the last is what I normally wear]

On men, I like Drakkar & Aspen

I think a lot of it is because I connect the scents to things in the past - Drakkar was the rage when I was a teenager, and a lot of the boys I liked wore it. The first boy I really fell for wore Aspen, and so does my husband.

I was going to say Hoppes #9, but I see I was already beaten to it. I also like the smell of diesel fuel, leather, and Kiwi boot polish, but I think that all goes back to the whole association thing too - lots of good memories as a child involving going to the range or cleaning guns when my dad got home, and 2 of the things that make me feel happiest and most like "myself" now are going shooting and driving my [diesel-fueled] Jeep.

#310743 - 02/29/08 03:16 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Raine]
Bryan Offline

Loc: Ohio
I just use a 24 dollar bottle of Curve clairborne. It works for me, and I get kudos from people. As well, i think its top in all those girly magazine. I dunno, my aunt bought me a bottle as a gift, and I liked it ever since.

I am not a big cologne guy.

I loathe axe and Tag by the way. Its to powerful for me. lets not get started on the commercials either. WOW.

and when I go past the migraine department in Kohl's, sears, or wherever, all those 100 dollar bottles, I wish I could afford, usually only one sees fit.

However, at dollar general, we sell this cheap stuff called cotton candy, its for ladies, and yah, I would like to smell a lady in that, although, i don't usually, go around smelling... ladies.. I dunno.

So yeah, I like curve.

#310746 - 02/29/08 03:25 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Xaira Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Old Spice Aftershave
Older formulas of Right Guard (It reminds me of my grandfather)
Garages (I love working around cars, so anything that smalls of car repair is beautiful. Now If I could just find a girl who smells like 'em)

I also like my own scent, as do quite a few young ladies. When I get offstage after a half hour set, I get more hellos then I ever did before tuning up the ole Four String Sex Machine. It also sticks more because of my good ole' fashioned chest hair.

Something I've noticed, and maybe someone can explain this to me, is that my skin get very soft and begins to clear up after I have been sweating more than usual. ( I've always had really bad acne on my upper legs and shoulders. It comes with being hairy.) Is this a specific chemical reaction, or is it just something weird with me? I know it's a bit off, but I'd like to know.

devilchili

"You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance." - Ray Bradbury

#310768 - 02/29/08 05:10 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I never wear cologne and if someone were around me happened to have on Axe spray, I would \:>

#310784 - 02/29/08 05:53 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Callier]
AurEum Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Australia
I agree about the Axe (and Bod for that matter). The scents are just too strong. I feel like colognes and perfumes are most effective when you have to get close to someone to smell them. If I can smell someone from a mile away I am running in the opposite direction.

"The truth is I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them." - Marilyn Monroe

#310796 - 02/29/08 06:29 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

"If I can smell someone from a mile away I am running in the opposite direction."

Spray or cologne, I think that it is just a problem with some people ignoring that "magic of proportioning" \:D

I remember a woman often putting a perfume called Byzance, but the problem was that she didn't really know the "only 1 drop behind the ears" thing, so much that I wondered if she had a sponsor ! This makes me remember the renaissance, when perfumes were very strong to hide the lack of hygiene .

Edited by Assabrah (02/29/08 06:30 PM)

#310803 - 02/29/08 07:10 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: AurEum]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Axe stinks. My roommate sometimes uses that shit and he sprays himself in the bathroom. Eventually the whole house will smell like Axe and it just makes me \:>

#310812 - 02/29/08 07:31 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Callier]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I like the "Ocean" scent from The Body Shop. I tend to like very subtle and clean flower smells like lilac and hyacinth, cucumber melon, ocean and watery smells, and certain food smells, like ginger. vanilla, and cinnamon. I hate Patchouli, and I don't like smells that are too over-the-top, or perfumes that reek of alcohol.

I don't remember whether it was Axe or Bod, but I know I spent at least five minutes breathing it in when I was in a department store once.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310815 - 02/29/08 07:39 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: TrojZyr]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

I use Axe Touch body spray and wash. Being how I have a job where I move around a lot and sweat a strong scent is needed. It kinda evens out at the end of the day for me. Also a few hours of speed metal on the guitar can cause you to break a good sweat too. I always say if you don't sweat during practice you haven't put enough effort into it. This may not apply to music genre's where you stand in one spot and don't trash about. \:\)

#310816 - 02/29/08 07:44 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: TrojZyr]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Department stores seem to believe in chemical warfare (and it always seems to be the worst in stores where you have to walk through them to get from the parkade to the rest of the mall). I've seen a few of those sales girls holding down the spritzer for a full two seconds and getting the little testing piece of paper totally wet to stick under someone's nose. If it's later in the day, the whole area is sickening and I almost envy those Muslim women with the full face veils - I bet it filters the stink a little.

#310848 - 02/29/08 10:09 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: Maqlu]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
They do indeed. A quick walkthrough is fine, and the smells are usually intriguing, but I wouldn't like to linger there too long.

In this case, I stood over the display and breathed it in deliberately, sniffing wildly, like a dog. I wasn't sure how to describe it without making it sound like I'd cracked open a bottle and started huffing it ;). I'll have to figure out which one I was sniffing though, but at the time, whatever it was, it was awesome. Oh, man smell! Muskylicious.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#310854 - 02/29/08 11:15 PM Re: Perfumes & Colognes [Re: FalloutGod]
Bryan Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: FalloutGod
I use Axe Touch body spray and wash. Being how I have a job where I move around a lot and sweat a strong scent is needed.

A dab'll do ya.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406083 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements