Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#311138 - 03/01/08 09:43 PM "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche
Darkahn Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
I apologize if this has been posted here before; I attempted to search and locate it.

This is a "documentary" by two idiotic evangelists, who consider the banana the "atheist's worst nightmare". You can pretty much tell they have no idea what they're talking about from the first sentence, along with their constant invoking of Aleister Crowley.

The only worthwhile part of it is for Rev. Malebranche's interview segments, along with Magister Diabolus Rex's portions from archive footage.

Be forewarned: drunken metalheads and pseudo-satanists abound!

Undercroft

#311320 - 03/02/08 02:15 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
I remember seeing this. In all fairness, I'm glad that they didn't go for the "Satanists are really devil worshippers who sacrifice babies" and all of that usual propaganda. I didn't see the usual loaded questions or stupid hypothetical "moral dilemma" examples thrown on Rev. Malebranche either. While I guess sensationalism will always sell better, true Satanism itself IS anti-thetical enough to Xtianity, as these guys realize.

I think the lesson we can all learn from Kirk Cameron is, "If your career is in the toilet, there's always the Jesus freak route!"

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#311324 - 03/02/08 02:22 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Bill_M]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well, and I was impressed/disgusted/amused by how Comfort and Cameron got lemons, and still managed to make some lemonade (such as it was). That is, Rev. Malebranche killed a lot of their plans and their fun by not being a total raving loony, so they spliced in some footage of Mansonites and 9/11 ;\) .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#311336 - 03/02/08 02:46 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Tittes and beer
I have always liked Frank Zappa. I wish that he was still alive...

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#311364 - 03/02/08 05:31 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: L0ki]
C.F. Kane Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Bat City
I second that. One of my favorite Zappa tunes.

Anybody else want to see a Tom Cruise vs. Kirk Cameron cage match?
"This is my body which is broken for you, this do in remembrance of me." - I Cor. 11:24

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." -Mark Twain

"Maybe I'll make some teeth and whiskers." -C.F. Kane

#311373 - 03/02/08 06:23 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
shadowraven213 Offline

This was obviously aimed at people with limited intellect who feed on fear, the fear that the devil is real and will corrupt your children/kill your loved ones/rape your pets, so much of it was lost on me.

Most of these individuals they hope will not listen to what Rev. Malebranche said at all and will instead focus on the scary pentagrams and "shocking" Marylin Manson performances.

Its a shame they did not allow more time for the Reverend to speak, but they have people to scare money out of and I suspect he talked too much sense than what they are used to.

#311382 - 03/02/08 06:52 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Okay, I was really not bothered by the bullshit of a washed-up TV idol until the shot of the plane hitting the World Trade Center.
The terroristic act of another 'god' based religion had nothing to do with us.

Destruction ritual anyone?

Oops, repeated other peoples points. I just got really pissed and started typing. Next time I'll read more.

Edited by Risen08 (03/02/08 06:55 PM)
Edit Reason: mea culpa

#311383 - 03/02/08 06:56 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Reverend Malebranche demonstrated here exactly why he is such an excellent spokesman for the Church.

No nonsense, easy to understand, no pretense.

Hail Reverend Malebranche!

#311416 - 03/02/08 10:10 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Nemo]
Darkahn Offline

Quite the contrast with their invokings of Aleister Crowley and Marilyn Manson.

Their lapping in of Frank Zappa was just too much for me, though.

And yes, Rev. Malebranche did an excellent job; the interview looks very editted, however; I'm curious as to what (if anything) they left out.

Undercroft

#311421 - 03/02/08 10:30 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
TheDegenerate Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cowtown
Cool interview, too bad it wasn't stand alone. Listening to those two retards jabber on and on (throwing in arbitrary 9/11 melodrama) has made my brain slightly mushy.

#311426 - 03/02/08 10:50 PM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
I remember that MTV awards show when Manson went on the podium and gave that speech. He performed "The Beautiful People" right after that and there was only one goth girl in the audience standing up rocking out to it.

I wasn't a huge fan of 'Marilyn Manson' back then but I gave Manson and the girl in the audience credit for just being themselves and not caring what the "MTV" people thought of them.

#311459 - 03/03/08 01:15 AM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Risen08]
Darkahn Offline

Of course. Many "born-agains" don't believe in the Devil, as they themselves said; so, what is it they do?

Equate it with terrorism, which seems to be the new fad of recent years.

Undercroft

#311460 - 03/03/08 01:16 AM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Callier]
Darkahn Offline

I vaguely remember seeing the particular show of the "my fellow Americans" segment; if I remember right, Chris Rock or someone was hosting/was presenting him.

He didn't seem to receive a very enthusiastic reception -- Manson -- but he still put on a far better show than I've seen him recently do.

Undercroft

#311461 - 03/03/08 01:20 AM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: TheDegenerate]
Darkahn Offline

Hah, you think that's bad?

Of course, the modern banana is a product of a particular form of genetic engineering. But shh, it's the atheist's nightmare!

Edited by Darkahn (03/03/08 01:20 AM)

Undercroft

#311465 - 03/03/08 01:51 AM Re: "Way of the Master": Interview with Rev. Malebranche [Re: Darkahn]
FalloutGod Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

So they are comparing Satanists to Terrorists now?

Okay so uh... anyone gone to a Christian church with TSBs strapped to your chest?

Lets see a show of hands.

*awaits patiently*

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404157 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements