Topic Options
#311156 - 03/01/08 10:15 PM Trademarks
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Aren't the COS and LaVey Baphomets trademarked?

#311187 - 03/01/08 11:31 PM Re: Trademarks [Re: Risen08]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Hum might try the CoS Home site at
Church of Satan
Go to the History section,
Here is a direct link to the History use of the Baphoment in the Church of Satan!

"The Church of Satan did file for (1981) and then received (1983) a trademark which protects the use of the Sigil of Baphomet with the words “Church of Satan.” The Church of Satan therefore has the legal right to place the ® symbol meaning “registered trademark” next to this combination of symbol and words. This trademark also prohibits anyone from using something similar in combination of name and symbol, which could constitute an illegal dilution or blurring of the trademark."

"Anton LaVey authorized Hell’s Kitchen Productions, Inc. to produce a Sigil of Baphomet medallion, and so a minor variation of the Church’s official Sigil of Baphomet was created in which the Hebrew characters between the circles were no longer outlines, but filled-in (a minor change). This authorized variation is also used exclusively on the official website and can be seen at the top of this page and throughout this site. This rendering is also protected by copyright laws."
Source!

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#311230 - 03/02/08 07:49 AM Re: Trademarks [Re: JayLucif]
Risen08 Offline
CoS Member

Thank you

I should have found that myself, it was getting late and I was lazy.

I believe in protecting trademarks and ideas.

I was about to go buckwild on a certain auction site.

Edited by Risen08 (03/02/08 07:51 AM)

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405201 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements