Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#312501 - 03/06/08 02:14 PM Unexplainable dreams.
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I always try to find a logical explanation for everything. Some times I encounter phenomena that could be easily attributed to supernatural or paranormal causes, but that would be the easy way out. Accepting what I donít understand as plainly supernatural is the same kind of thinking that makes most people fall in the traps of theism and superstition.

I analyze unexplainable things and try to find their cause according to the laws of a material Universe. But some times I find things that defy any explanationÖ at least any my level of knowledge can provide.

One of those unexplainable things are ďclairvoyantĒ dreams. I call them that word for lack of a more precise one. Iím talking about dreams where I receive information that I couldnít have obtained by any rationally explained means.

I know our brains work hard when we are asleep and some times our kind put together pieces of information from our subconscious and make us see things we donít realize in our waking state. But what when I get information there absolutely no way my own mind could have processed out of thin air?

Iíll give some examples of the most common kinds:

1-A person I havenít seen in long time appears to me in a dream to tell me he has died and gives me details.

Later I confirm the person is indeed dead and the details are accurate. This happened to me a couple of times, always with a person who I had not seen in years and the details on his death werenít available to me by any physical methods. There is no way I could have pieced the event together with such detail with no information available.

A variation of this is when I dream of a person I havenít seen in long time. He tells me details of his recent life (he got married, found a new job) Later I meet this person again, and Iím surprised to find the details are correct.

2-I visit a place in a dream and witness some kind of event. The place of the dream is a real location but looks completely different. Several years later (ten in one particular case) the place has changed, buildings have been torn down and new ones constructed, remodeling and landscaping have been done and the now place looks exactly like the one I saw in the dream.

This is another that defies explanation. I could say my mind can extrapolate by the look of a building and imagine how it would look in a few years, but that canít explain seen things like the shape of specific architectural details down to the color of a wall or the shape of a window.

3-I dream of an object that doesnít exist. Some time later, this object is constructed and available.

This has always related to technology. It could make sense, since I have been always interested in computers and electronic gadgets. So it is logic I would dream of the next technological toy.

But what are the chances of my mind guessing the exact design and shape of a machine that will be designed and built in the future? In this one I can provide an example (I know some will laugh at me here) I saw the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) in a dread I had in the early 90ís. At that moment I had no idea of what it was. I assumed it was some kind of handheld computer from the future. In the dream I had it in my hands and examined it close. I donít know if there was something available at that time that had the same way of operation: the screen in the middle and controls at the sides to manipulate with your thumbs. If there was, I hadnít seen it. One detail that stuck in my mind was the curious geometric figures on the buttons on the right side.

Years later when the Playstation came out I was surprised to see that familiar shape again. Even if the concept or prototype for the device was already created at the moment of my dream I had no way to know about it.

I would like to know if someone here has this kind of experiences.

And more importantly, what kind of explanation do you give to these occurrences when a dream contains information you had no logical way to obtaining.

#312511 - 03/06/08 02:48 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Yes I have had some rather detailed dreams manifest into something as a real event in the everyday world. Going into more detailed specifics of how to make use of this, I can not discuss here. Though there are plenty of books available covering these topics. Colin Wilson has some fantastic books that delve into the areas of the paranormal, consciousness, occult, possible life after death, and other areas many people do not probe deep enough to have a solid yeah that is true or no that is not true.

Mysteries

Afterlife: An Investigation

Alien Dawn: By Colin Wilson

Also might take a look at this book: A Secret History of Consciousness by Gary, Lachman (Author), Colin, Wilson (Foreword)

You just have to do a kind of personal self testing when these things pop up to find what is truly possible in this realm of individual consciousness. The best thing I can say right now is to try and learn how to make use of Lucid Dreaming.

Also practicing "Shamans" that make use of the dream world have put forth the idea that if you can interact effectively in a Lucid manner with your dreams, you can in a way manifest your will in the everyday world.

Edited to add another book.

Edited by JayLucif (03/06/08 04:15 PM)

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#312579 - 03/06/08 07:29 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I have similar dreams and I have them often. There must be something to it; however, I'm careful not to jump to conclusions about what that "something" is. Here is my question: Do we dream the future, or do dreams have the potential to shape the future? Is their a correlation between dreams and the principals of Greater Magic? After all, dreams are powerful imagery, and they do elicit an emotional response. But, again, I wonít jump to conclusions. Itís just interesting to think about,

Interesting subject.

#312583 - 03/06/08 07:55 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
L0ki Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
 Quote:

But what are the chances of my mind guessing the exact design and shape of a machine that will be designed and built in the future? In this one I can provide an example (I know some will laugh at me here) I saw the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) in a dread I had in the early 90ís. At that moment I had no idea of what it was. I assumed it was some kind of handheld computer from the future. In the dream I had it in my hands and examined it close. I donít know if there was something available at that time that had the same way of operation: the screen in the middle and controls at the sides to manipulate with your thumbs. If there was, I hadnít seen it. One detail that stuck in my mind was the curious geometric figures on the buttons on the right side.

The Sega Game Gear was black and of a design similar to the PSP and the wonderswan has buttons similar to sony's portable device.

There must be more to it of course, but that is a clue at least. Perhaps your brain works a decade ahead of your time, eh Pig? ;\)

1. The short memory of the human race.

2. History repeats itself.

3. The short memory of the human race.

#312584 - 03/06/08 08:00 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Try substituting "paranormal" & "supernatural" with supernormal. ;\)

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#312586 - 03/06/08 08:47 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I keep many things to myself. Believe it or not. ;\)
As someone who also endeavors to live ratonally, and who has the annoying habit of sucking the life out of any meaningful event people enjoy talking about...I can tell you that being open to the possibility that logic, reason and intellect may have their limitations is anything but taking the easy way out.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#312635 - 03/07/08 03:10 AM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Rainy Offline

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay Area
I met one of my good friends in a dream before I ever knew he existed in my waking life. He was an interesting character, moreso then than now, in the manner of dress and style. In the dream, he wore a top hat, long black skirt, not shoes, and no shirt. When I met him at my sisters house, he was there, playing guitar in a long black skirt, top hat, and nothing else.

I became close with him and then proceeded to meet his mother before I met her in another dream. I described her to him in perfect detail, down to a specific skirt she wore, which was an unusal style as well. A floor length blue hippy-type skirt that had camels and paisleys and assorted things. I met her in my dream in her backyard, which I also described, though I had never been there. I was again dead on with with reality. She was very much into the occult as it turns out, and was apparently aware that I had met them this way. I still havent figured that part out, but she died a few years ago, so I have no way of discussing it further.

It hasnt ever happened again quite this vividly, altough I wish it would. I was always just really pleased to expirience it. This family ended up being a big part of my life over the years, and I guess I always just kind of thought it was a strange way of introducing me to a new chapter of my life.

I would love to expirience something like that again.

#312685 - 03/07/08 10:37 AM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
I would call it intuition, or an instinct about these things.

I wonder how often does it happen? Do you remember the dreams in between as clearly?

#312686 - 03/07/08 10:39 AM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
shadowraven213 Offline

This PDF file might interest you, its a paper about an experiment using random pictures shown to people each one selected to elicit some kind of emotion either good or bad or none at all only the computer that chooses them knows which.

The results of this seem to suggest an emotional response to the picture up to 3 full seconds before its shown and very consistently depending on the person, through the use of a polygraph like skin conductivity test.

If these results are accurate whats to say there aren't deeper precognitive ability's that we all have, the results of the experiment showed that some people display this more than others.

My mother once told me about a dream she had where the front of her family home was on fire just outside the window, that morning she awoke to find that the gas company has recently started digging down the road from her home, she could swear that she smelled gas but no one else could and managed to persuade the workers to check for leaks, sure enough there was a pipe that ran right outside the home just under the same window and using detection equipment they located and fixed a leak that had been caused by the digging which had only started that morning.

Scientific study is needed to determine what is actually going on here, be it precognition or a subtle psychological effect we don't yet understand.

Telepathic projection hasn't been proven conclusively yet forms the basis of Satanic Greater Magic and we all know that definitely does work, although perhaps not why just yet.

Weather we are projecting our emotions into peoples heads when they sleep or augmenting and bolstering our own lesser magical ability's by conducting a psychodrama and nothing else is beside the point, the point is we know it works and in the end the ends are all that really matter.

My advice to you Mr Pig would be to strive to have as many of these dreams as you can and then find a way to use them, it would be a shame if you allowed such a unique gift to go wasted.

Who knows perhaps one day you will be able to fully explain it.

#312693 - 03/07/08 10:57 AM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Tha_Pig
I’m talking about dreams where I receive information that I couldn’t have obtained by any rationally explained means.

Has the information ever been useful to you?

#312710 - 03/07/08 12:26 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark

what kind of explanation do you give to these occurrences when a dream contains information you had no logical way to obtaining.

Something is not automatically supernatural if it is beyond human comprehension. I would say that things in nature, or if looking at it on a larger scale Ė in the universe, things Ė just work Ė regardless of whether or not humans understand them.

It is humans that need to organize things, categorize things Ė put things in a certain order Ė because they are then easier to understand and memorize. Logic is a tool for easier learning (so far), but not a rule of the universe.

What you are experiencing is beyond explanation of contemporary society, but why should you require an explanation? Why should it not suffice Ė the sole fact Ė that it is within your ability to do what you are able to do? Why should you need approval from the herd, a certain ''pat on the back'' Ė would that add more gravity to your ability?

I have similar experiences often, but I am sorry, I will not share them in a public forum.

#312711 - 03/07/08 12:35 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: LightAngel]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: LightAngel

What you are experiencing is beyond explanation of contemporary society, but why should you require an explanation?

Interesting point. In another context, such an ability would make one a shaman, “witch doctor” or the “go to” guy for getting winning lottery numbers.

I appreciate your statement that logic is a tool, not part of the fabric of the universe. I think that is a very good point.

#312714 - 03/07/08 12:55 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
He he I would not reduce this wonderful gift to gipsy fortune-telling because that's not what it is.

A brilliant example, found in nature, is a bird - who has the ability to fly - and it doesn't think about why it is able to fly - it just flies.

Today's mankind is unable to explain this gift, but it may be able to do so one day in the future.

#312718 - 03/07/08 01:11 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: Old_Pig]
LightSnake Offline

I had a tornado 'dream' (except it was closer to a lucid dream near the border of sleep) where I 'foresaw' a tornado strike upon my city. A month later it happened, in the same location I 'foresaw'. There was even some practical effect of this dream, because on the day of the disaster, when I was about a mile away from the touchdown point, I was much more attentive to how weird the clouds in the sky were getting, and rushed into a building and a concrete-lined bathroom, when other people weren't even noticing anything funny in the sky.

Another effect was that I felt rather unsurprized by the tornado disaster, and unschocked, which is in a sense 'practical'.

There also was a dream about watching a 'sudden flood' come in, from a second-floor window, just a little before the Christmas Tsunami.

And more importantly, what kind of explanation do you give to these occurrences when a dream contains information you had no logical way to obtaining.

Boring explanation: Humanimals are instinctively wired to worry about disasters somewhat, so such dream 'hits' are a little more likely than you might think.

Cute speculation: You don't really see the future event; you see the future state of your own brain/mind from the time when you find out about the event. Why that should really be easier to do I don't know, but it's 'cute'.

Wild speculation: Everything we think we know about 'time' is radically wrong.

Whack-out moment: I'm just dreaming you all up right now!!

--LightSnake

--Camille Paglia

#312719 - 03/07/08 01:36 PM Re: Unexplainable dreams. [Re: shadowraven213]
Incubus Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
The author of this experiment, Dean Radin, wrote a book called Entangled Minds which has been recommended by Magister Nemo a few times on these boards. It goes into considerable detail about the history of psi research and the non-local nature of the mind. There is an entire chapter about precognition and presentiment. It is an excellent book for intelligent people who might be skeptical about the reality of psi phenomena, but would like to know more.

Entangled Minds
"The might of aithÍr chases it into the sea, sea spits it out onto solid ground, earth spits it up into rays of the radiant sun and sun hurls it into the whirlpools of aithÍr. One receives it from another, then another from another, and they all hate it. This is the way that I too am now going, an exile from the gods and a wanderer, placing my trust in mad Strife."

-Empedocles (c.490 - 430 BCE)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements